Texas A&M AgriLife

Texas A&M AgriLife Employee Reviews

I got to work independently most of the time
Student Worker (Former Employee), College Station, TXNovember 13, 2014
Faculty members are usually busy with their own work and you are left to do the work at your own pace.
Hard working place that had a lot to teach.
Student Worker/Research Technician (Former Employee), Bushland, TXSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: good people and experience
Cons: low pay no benefits
My job was usually a mix between field work and lab work. There was a period of a year where most of my work revolved around lab work. During this time I managed my own research project in sugar beet pathology. Field work included collecting data/samples for research and maintaining the current research crops. Lab work included various molecular protocols that involved DNA/RNA synthesis and PCR work. I enjoyed my co-workers and we had a great team of people that worked hard and always got our work done with quality and in a timely manner. The hardest part of the job was working in the field during the summer months under intense heat. The most enjoyable part was working in the lab.
Nice Place to work
Network Engineer (Current Employee), College Station, TXAugust 19, 2014
Pros: near to my house
Very Nice management and friendly co-workers but Salary is low
Not what I expected
Program Coordinator (Current Employee), College Station TexasJune 4, 2014
Pros: i get weekends off, mostly. (even though the supervisor sends me e-mails and texts at night).
Cons: leadership is weak to non-existent, there is no training, and poor, if any orientation.
I received almost no initial training, other than the location of the kitchen, and I found my own office by walking around the building until I found my name on the door. I still am unsure of all the tasks I should be doing, even after inquiring frequently, yet when I try to perform simple tasks, I am often micromanaged to the point where the supervisor stands over my shoulder watching me type an e-mail, and then and says "now click SEND." I am extremely dissatisfied with this organization, and will be a "former employee" just a soon as I can arrange it.
Hardworking and productive workplace
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXMay 18, 2014
Pros: great benefits, job advancement opertunities
Depending on daily needs, I worked the field maintaining crops, equipment, irrigation systems, and gathering data as needed. I occasionally worked in greenhouse, planting and caring for plants. Most days would finish work at five, but from time to time I had to work late or weekends and holidays.

I learned how to maintain crops, farm and research equipment, and how to run and maintain irrigation systems. The work wasn't very difficult, it was just very tiring and time consuming; having good co-workers was a big help. The hardest part of the job was working out in the heat and making sure to keep myself and other workers hydrated.
Great Job to travel if funds permit.
County Extension Agent (Former Employee), TXFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: lack of funds
Good people to work with. Nice chance to travel to conferences and meetings all over the state. Real close group of employees.
great place to work
educator (Former Employee), ccorpus ChristianJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: helping others
Its a great place to work . you will. always. find growth. with this company..

Texas A&M AgriLife Salaries