Texas A&M Health Science Center

Texas A&M Health Science Center Employer Reviews

Good experience
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Kingsville, TXMay 28, 2014
Most of my Analytical and Formulation skills achieved from here.
Wonderful opportunity
Student Worker- Typist (Former Employee), College Station, TXJune 3, 2013
Pros: hands on experience
I enjoyed aiding the doctor I worked for in his publications. I learned much more than I thought I ever would about the ocular pharmacology world.
Great learning experience with students and faculty
Assistant Simulation Coordinator (Current Employee), Bryan, TXOctober 21, 2012
Pros: great health care and retirement benefits.
Cons: sometimes very busy and get short lunch time or none at all.
From calendar see daily schedule. Select supplies from supply room that will be needed for activity. Set up supplies, beds, exam tables, or chairs and tables for the events. Set up task trainers or manikins for use during the event.

I learned what the items looked like that I had been transcribing for years. Gained knowledge of how supplies were used.

Management left me to work independently. Answered questions and offered help when needed.

There are only 5 of us for our floor. We work well together to make sure all classrooms are set up and ready for the students and faculty.

The hardest part of my job is a lot of lifting overhead. I have gained muscles, which is a good thing. Some items are quite heavy.

I enjoy the sense of accomplishment of setting up for classes and they are successful for the students.
Relaxed but professional atmosphere.
Standardized Patient (Current Employee), College Station, TXSeptember 27, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: some of the odd cases
Get email from the director or one of her assistants that there is help needed to perform a case for a student studying to become a nurse or doctor. In this position one can learn to assist students into performing better at their chosen career whenever they graduate. All of the management staff is extremely helpful and courteous to all. The folks that you are working with are all very hospitable even though it may be the first time that you meet them. The hardest part of the job is some of the roles that we are required to get into. The easiest or most enjoyable part of my job is getting to meet all the great people, feeling a sense of accomplishment, and helping the future doctors and nurses in their craft.
Great organization with impecable leadership, vision and growth potential
Assistant Professor (Former Employee), College Station, TXAugust 22, 2012
Pros: great location, benefits, potential for growth and great people
I had the fortune of working for the School of Rural Public Health and in my short tenure there learned how committed, hardworking and honorable leadership can be. The Dean and the leadership take care of all members of the school, from the last student that walks in the door to the most honored faculty. Recently the Dean named among the awesome Deans of Public Health. If you have the chance to work for this institution you should jump at the chance.