Texas A&M University Employee Reviews

Excellent Job Oppurtunity
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Commerce, TXMarch 24, 2017
Texas A&M University-Commerce works with the graduate student to provide experience in teaching through assigning the student to facilitate labs that are within their field and expertise.
Different
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMarch 24, 2017
Working for an with ppl my own age is very different cause it's pros and cons to the whole thing be professional but still relatable and fast working on everything
Professor I am working with is very good
Research Assistant, College Station, T X (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXMarch 21, 2017
The professor I am working with is very solid and motivated. She gives me a lot of help in the project we are doing now. And all of the members in our lab can work as a very good team, even we come from different countries, different departments.
Fun place where learning is fun
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXMarch 15, 2017
As a doctoral student I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Texaas A&M University. The workplace provides a very congenial atmosphere for learning both from professors as well as peers.
Research project
Digital Logic Designer (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMarch 14, 2017
A part of research project, directly work with the professor. No challenge but have to maintain a good relationship with the professor. Communication is more important than technology.
Great Place
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMarch 13, 2017
Ability to work and engage in your major. Learn about the field work that is put into studying the humans that lived before us. Graduate students make great connections for later in life.
Not horrible but could be better
Information Technology Consultant (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXMarch 13, 2017
I work at the vet school for TAMU. The pay is quite low compared to the commercial world. It is a state job so it's expected to be low, but it's lower than what it should be. The typical days are great. You'll work with great people for the most part but management at the Vet School is horrible.
Cons
Poor management
What I learned
Front Desk Student Worker (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMarch 12, 2017
It was a great place to work at as a student. Very interactive with the staff, and other students. It wasn't a very difficult job. Mainly answering calls and assisting with main staff duties. Great place to work at, but not many options for growth or promotions
Pros
Great environment
Cons
no growth
Aggie Mentor Job
Aggie Mentor (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMarch 7, 2017
Aggie Mentors work very diligently with high school students to obtain acceptance into colleges across the state and even the country. The mentors also tutor students when help is needed on assignments.
Fun working in TAMUC
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXMarch 4, 2017
It was fun working in TAMUC, I really enjoyed working here.
Learned American culture and work ethics.
Overall it was good experience working here.

Want to know more about Texas A&M University?

Ask a question
Great place for university-related work
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 28, 2017
I am a student here and I work on campus. Similar to other research universities, people here will find a good balance between life and work. The culture here is of inclusiveness!
Work in James G. Gee Library
Assistant Professional Track Faculty (Current Employee) –  Commerce, TXFebruary 27, 2017
Texas A&M University-Commerce is a good place to work in northeast Texas. It is within an hour of the Dallas metropolitan area.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Bureaucratic paperwork
Very good place to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXFebruary 27, 2017
Fun and enjoyable place to work if you are a full time student. They are very understandable when it comes to your school work.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no benefits
Growing fast paced environment
Executive Assistant to Vice President (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 23, 2017
This University is growing and one of the fastest growing in the state of Texas. It is great to be a part of history here. The hardest part of the job is wearing multiple hats and serving in many different capacities.
Good
Graduate Assistant Research (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 23, 2017
Viking Systems is a solutions provider of conventional and specialized structural design, analysis, and verification of ships and offshore assets to ensure the highest quality structures while reducing the cost of construction and maintenance.
Good University
Student worker (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 22, 2017
Good University with advanced coursework, but unfortunately it lacks funds.

There is little funds and you can not survive as international student.
Excellent place to work as a graduate student
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 22, 2017
I have a very friendly boss and a great team. This allows me to manage my own schedule, interact with students, and have an impact on people in my classroom.

The best part about the job is getting to know students and helping them become better at their task at hand. Likewise, it can be very difficult to get some students to try their best.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Lots of grading
I love working for TAMU
Graduate Assistant - Dr. Weihsueh Chiu (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 22, 2017
Working at TAMU has given me opportunities to grow and learn new skills. The people I work with are great at fostering a encouraging and rewarding environment.
Ucare
UCARE Director (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXFebruary 18, 2017
This is an awesome place to work. We founded the "Batcave" in a small back office and today it is now a university level dept. I absolutely love my Grad Assistants and the work we do. The professors who helped create UCARE have been excellent mentors! Each and every one of the 25+ students that have worked within UCARE's walls have gone on to be fantastic and awesome "adults." The culture of the Batcave and its Minions is one of flexibility, collaboration, two-way mentoring, and fun. We all have learned how to handle multiple projects in different phases while under pressure with expert professionalism. The hardest part of this job is losing the grad assistants. when they graduate because we have developed such a unique work relationship. The easiest part of UCARE is doing the work. Our team is just awesome and I'm happy and proud of each and every one of the Minions!
Pros
Flex hours, variety of projects, awesome engagement with the community
Cons
Budget is not big enough to really support all the projects we wish to undertake with the community
Don't work here
Sr. Program Manager (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 16, 2017
I transferred to the TAMHSC from main campus. I've been there more than 5 years.
A typical day is just large volumes of work for a couple of us in the department and very little work for the others.
Our department head is hardly in the office and gives each of us about 5-10 minutes of face time a week. Since she's mostly gone, she relies on a couple of co-workers to fill her in--conversations that take place after hours and the content of those discussions never include the rest of the staff.
The hardest part is the insecurity of what and how information gets back to the boss who is not equal in her treatment of us--she pays for my co-worker's son's recreational activities (~$200 a month), her college tuition ($27,000 a year), gives her time off during the work day to study, and takes her on conference trips even though the employee has nothing to do with the conference.
The best part of this job is being able to do challenging work that others can't do--so I feel valuable. But I worry every day my contributions won't matter.
A few months ago, the co-worker participated in gossip where one of the employees was suddenly "not needed."
Pros
People have Aggie spirit even during a losing season.
Cons
Terrible leadership.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texas A&M University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4