Texas A&M University Employee Reviews

Great colleagues
Ad-Interim Instructor (Current Employee) –  Commerce, TXJanuary 17, 2018
I enjoyed working with the colleagues in my department. They were great individuals to work with in my field and I could always depend on their support when needed.
Great sociology department
M.S Student in the Department of Sociology (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXJanuary 17, 2018
Great but competitive work culture for graduate students. Good sources of funding available. Graduate program in sociology is well managed but strict academic ends.
Stressful enviroment
Assistant Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJanuary 17, 2018
I worked a lot of long days 6am-6pm or 12pm-12am. Very busy everyday. Always chaotic. There wasn't any accountability for managers or employees. Fast paced
Pros
Fast paced and job security
Cons
Long days and no accountability
Learning the first steps to being a Microbiologist
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJanuary 15, 2018
Most of duties was to look at overall laboratory inventory and make note and order more stuff it then lab need to. I started in the wetlab after wards where I enjoyed my time there but I left for graduate school
Good place for beginner to start
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  6300 Ocean Dr., Corpus Christi, TX 78412January 13, 2018
While working at TAMUCC, you might apply things you had learned. However, the school might be quite weak on the management. Some of the staffs are not helpful.
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJanuary 12, 2018
Resident Advising is the job for you if you enjoy being creative, helping others, and super friendly! As a resident advisor, it is your duty to mandate resident halls and make sure everything is running smoothly. Resident Advising is a very serious job, so if you are not willing to give your all, this is not the job for you.
Pros
flexibility, creativity
Cons
Time Consuming
A tyoical day at work
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Commerce, TXJanuary 12, 2018
I am working in the Teaxas A&M University-Commerce as an Assistant Professor. My yearly appointment here is for 9 months (July to May), and so I am available to work elsewhere during summer, either as full time or part time basis.
Great Place To Gain Experience
Economic Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJanuary 12, 2018
Your compensation at a government institution is not nearly as much as the private sector. However, you will have the opportunity to gain a lot of experience to move into a well paying job in the private sector. This place is a very much "who you know" type business in terms of advancement. It's not difficult to advance, but do not go against the grain or you will be stuck in a low level role.
Pros
Good Health Benefits
Cons
Low Pay
Great learning environment
Laboratory Assistant/Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXJanuary 11, 2018
Professors and advisors very willing to help students. Departmental events and meetings keep things fun, and help you get to know your fellow classmates and professors.
Work Life Overview
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXJanuary 11, 2018
Had a nice space to work. Everyone is friendly. You feel proud to work there. Everyone knows each other. Free lunches once in a while. Great city to live in.
Always happy to work here,Its great place to work
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJanuary 9, 2018
Its awesome place to work, great faculty I worked here for 1 year as a part-time employee as a teaching assistant as well as a research assistant. The workplace culture is fine.
student reporter
Mount Pleasant Daily Tribune (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, TXJanuary 8, 2018
went around campus to take care of sports stories, find stories that were catching to the eye, go to local towns and report on high schools, and colleges if applicable.
Pros
meet a lot of fun people
Cons
no pay
good
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXJanuary 4, 2018
Since my job as a postdoctoral research fellow is a temporary research job, I need to find a more secure job that I can develop my career in the field of materials modeling.
Very relaxed work environment
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXJanuary 3, 2018
I loved working at Texas A&M as a student. They offer plenty of benefits and work with your schedule to ensure that you put school first. My supervisors will constantly ask me how I was and made sure I was comfortable with the amount of hours I was given.
Great Opportunity for Students
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 2, 2018
Being a tutor in CASA at Texas A&M University- Corpus Christi affords a great opportunity for students to help their peers in tutoring in subjects that are found difficult. The amount of flexibility in the position allows for minimal interference in studies.
Graduate Assistant
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXJanuary 1, 2018
Typical day at work consisted of supervising undergraduates and assisting them in the wood and metal shop. While I learned a great deal about welding and other metal work and was able to increase my knowledge of wood working, the areas that I saw the most growth in were my teaching and management skills.
Student Technician (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXDecember 31, 2017
I worked in three different areas for the IT Department of TAMU and loved each and every position! I would highly recommend the IT Department to all full time students. Very flexible with hours and great bosses!
Pros
Flexible, fun, relaxed and very rewarding
Fun place to work
Clinical Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 28, 2017
Poor management very easy job relaxed some parts off the day are fast paced most of the time is very low key very good benefits but not much money
Management very poor no experience
Computer Science Grader
Java & C++ Grader (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXDecember 24, 2017
Nice management, easy hours. The grader position isn't very stressful, as your contact with students is left to a bare minimum, if at all. Providing feedback to students is also limited, however.
Not a place for innovators
Scientist (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXDecember 23, 2017
I'm a Silicon Valley native. Texas A&M is very inside the box. "Group Think" horrifies me! Your power in a bureaucracy lies in your ability to obstruct.