Texas A&M University Employee Reviews

fun in doing science
Research Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 2, 2016
design or follow project plans
perform experiments
answer questions from students and provide advices
The hardest is the hypothesis does not work and you lose your job
The most enjoyable part of the job is advance knowledge
One of the best universities.
Graduate Assistant Teaching (Former Employee) –  Petroleum EngineeringJanuary 28, 2016
Being an Aggie is one of the most cherishable achievements of my life. Texas A&M instills in us a sense of Pride, Integrity and above all a passion for excellence.
Depends on the person you are reporting
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJanuary 19, 2016
The administration is not very good, but the experience really depends upon under who you are working with. Since working as a research assistant, you are really not very connected to the college department, the administration should really not be an issue as long as you are not worried about payroll issues
great job
Custodian/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJanuary 18, 2016
I enjoy cleaning & the people I worked for.& with. worked as a team & also individualy.. very understanding management. always staying busy was a plus
Pros
easy company to work with
Your existence is a burden in their lives.
Laboratory Manager (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJanuary 13, 2016
The people are mean and rude, the classes do NOT prepare you for the real world, and the pay is TERRIBLE. Constantly bombarded with mind games and abuse. If I had a choice between going back there and leaping to my death, I'd leap to my death.
Pros
close to a bar
Cons
everything else
typical higher education environment
Program Manger (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXJanuary 12, 2016
I am not challenged to my potential. Would enjoy more contact with educational aspect. Every task is much more complicated than it needs to be.
Pros
good working conditions
Great co-workers and students
PROFESSIONAL STATISTICS TUTOR (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 12, 2016
I love statistics so this job was perfect for me. If it paid a little more and offered more hours I could have made it a career.
Pros
Helping students master statistics, helping students finish classes they may not like
Cons
not enough hours
typical IT job
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJanuary 12, 2016
friendly coworkers and great boss, instructions on what to do on the job are very direct while the day's tasks can be very flexible. typically just walked around the engineering building helping those who need help with their computers and helped with other physical tasks such as moving/repairing computers and printers and helping set up for special events such as meetings and special guests.
Pros
very easy and laid back, great group of people to work with
Cons
sometimes too easy and sometimes not enough work to do
Overall good experience
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJanuary 11, 2016
I was able to put my accounting skills I learned in my classes to use. I was able to learn time management skills while working here and going to school at the same time.
Fun place to work
teaching assistant (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 11, 2016
My job was to teach a group of 31 students. I used to help them out with doubts on calculus(differentiation and integration).
I would prepare quizzes one in a week and hand it over.

The professor I used to work under was very helpful and very nice. She always believed in my teaching methods and had a lot of confidence in me.

Want to know more about Texas A&M University?

Ask a question
Best public institution in the state, if not country.
Student (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJanuary 7, 2016
Most employable major in the college of engineering at least. Professional Association for Industrial Distribution (PAID) is a great networking organization.
Great work experience that allowed me to learn the different components of cyber security.
Computer Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 6, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of reviewing daily/weekly reports that were generated by our security systems. I learned how to manage a variety of software, as well as develop my interpersonal skills. Management was very understanding and flexible with my college schedule. My co-workers were great to work with. They always brought knew and exciting ways of solving problems. The hardest part of the job was creating queries for one of our security systems. The most enjoyable part of the job was collaborating with other IT departments to meet a common goal.
Pros
Flexible hours, Understanding managment
Cons
No benefits since I was a college student
Fun place to work
Institutional Research (Unpublished Manuscript) (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJanuary 3, 2016
Fantastic place to work! MAkes you feel at home! People are inspiring and collaborative and never give up on you! Dinners with professors and committee meetings were intense but were a great experience.
Paper becomes your best friend, not so much the printer
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXDecember 23, 2015
Typically, I was in charge of everyday office maintenance which included refilling printers with toner, paper, staples, etc., and straightening up the all offices before professors arrived in need of assistance. When the department head left the office for wither lunch of class, my responsiblilities were to record any missed calls and answer any questions within my realm of knowledge of the school for the caller at hand. Occasionally, an instructor (professor, asst. professor, graduate student, etc.) would need assistance with either an upcoming event of classroom assignments/projects of which I will give my full undivided attention to help complete any requests they may have for me. These requests could range for something more time demanding such as brochure designing and event place booking, to something as simple as making 50+ copies in a specific order, or simply being capable of understanding printer error codes during a printer malfunction.

From employment at the Psychology, Counseling, and Special Education Department of Texas A&M University - Commerce, I would review my overall learning experience as a fair challenge to my time management and organization skill. You also obtain an increased knowledge on easing the tension of angry callers, rushed instructers, and enrolled/potential graduate students who come for a visit with the intent to "tell-us-how-it-is".

If anything, the hardest part of the job would be to approach an someone and inform them that their attempt to incorrectly fix a problem would possibly lead to the problem becoming worse than it already
  more... is, and they are unwilling to listen you. Being an minimum-wage, easily replaceable, student worker tends to set that challenge more than it should, but I do enjoy the feeling of stopping them before any real damage comes into play for equipment.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the positive attitude of the overall workplace.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Very strict clock-in/ clock-out system
very enjoyable place
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 11, 2015
very good faculty and a very cheap cost of of living.
fun all around the campus
lot to learn as very good subjects
lot of jobs on campus
good placement
Productive and great workplace
Security/Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXNovember 30, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was to help peers with directions and keep the library safe. I learned to be patient with the people and learned to manage my school time and work time.
Graduate student with a great advisor.
Graduate Researcher (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXNovember 19, 2015
I'm a student/researcher. The work culture is very relaxed and everyone is kind to each other. My advisor is very understanding of my needs and I have received most of the help I have needed during my academic career at Texas A&M University.
Pros
Good program
Cons
A lot of independent work. Usually a good thing, but it was taken to an extreme.
Good working environment with lots of learning opportunities.
TA (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXNovember 4, 2015
Fun workplace and supportive management. Great learning under the supervision of senior professors. Great experience managing the undergraduate classes and labs.
a review
LAB TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 26, 2015
I was a student at Texas A&M, go Aggies! One of the best schools in the country. One of the best research institutes in the country. The best school in Texas. Life is great, and this is the most wonderful place to work in the whole wide world of science, engineering, or anything else ever!
Student working place......
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXOctober 26, 2015
Nice working experience helping students to improve their grade.Assisted in VHDL lab and Matlab lab .It was quite fun and interesting to help my age students.I am lucky that i got wonderful oppurtunity.

4.4