Texas A&M University Employee Reviews in United States

Great work experience that allowed me to learn the different components of cyber security.
Computer Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 6, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of reviewing daily/weekly reports that were generated by our security systems. I learned how to manage a variety of software, as well as develop my interpersonal skills. Management was very understanding and flexible with my college schedule. My co-workers were great to work with. They always brought knew and exciting ways of solving problems. The hardest part of the job was creating queries for one of our security systems. The most enjoyable part of the job was collaborating with other IT departments to meet a common goal.
Pros
Flexible hours, Understanding managment
Cons
No benefits since I was a college student
Custodial services
custodial services for the student center (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXMarch 31, 2016
Custodial jobs aren't good in my opinion wherever they are . The office staff continually griped about the job being done,and other co workers on other crews didn't do their jobs and nothing was done about it . Ther pay wasn't good they had good benefits at that time but have since privatized and took them away
Pros
they once had good benefits
Cons
close to home
Productive place to work with potential to move up
Benefits Liaison (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMarch 2, 2016
A good place to work with great benefits. Lots of opportunity to learn and advance. Good job security. The university promotes incentives for workers to stay healthy and well. You get to know the students within your department.
good for phd student
Spray Cooling Heat Transfer Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXMarch 28, 2016
The living cost in College Station is very low. Their salary for phd student is OK, it is enough for your expenses if you are single. However, for students, there is no break.
Pros
low cost in College Station
Cons
no breaks
Family-like Atmosphere
Financial Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 15, 2015
A typical day at work was very busy. It was always noisy due to constant re-modeling of the labs and offices. I learned a lot about state rules and regulations regarding a/p. My co-workers were great people. The hardest part of the job was being constantly interrupted, by people at my window, making deposits and payments. Most of the interruptions were due to people using me as an information center, looking for a certain office or person, when there were directories posted everywhere.
Pros
Co-workers, Benefits
Cons
Noise and interruptions
Student Job
Student Technician (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 28, 2016
Typical day involved checking internal error system to see if anyone had posted any tickets for IT problems. Checking with the administrative assistance to see if their computers were acting up. Repairing any simple problems( computer wont turn on, printer is acting up, mouse won't respond) and filling out tickets to the system administrators for major issues.
I learned that even the most brilliant minds in the world can have problems fixing the simplest of issues.
Management was good. They knew that this was a student position so they would have to deal with people reading or doing homework when there was downtime.
The hardest part of the job was translating broken English (there were many foreign students who first or even second language was not English) into something that made sense so we could find the problem and fix it.
The best part was actually meeting and talking to all these individuals from around the world and helping them.
Pros
worked around busy student schedule, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Angry professors who did not tolerate any dawdling
Excellent University to work for
Relocation Specialist/ESL &Spanish Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXSeptember 23, 2015
Great HR , directors and staff
great TAMU staff and environment
good salary in the El Paso location
great support from the directors and HR
Great professors. Amazing learning environment and community. One of my best opportunities so far!
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 28, 2016
As an undergraduate research assistant, you will have the option to choose professors depending on what you want to do research in. It's best if you go on the website and look up their most recent projects and publications. That should give you an idea of what they do, and hopefully it aligns with your interests.

Don't care much about the pay. If you go in with the desire to learn, and put in your own hours even beyond the required, then you'll get alot out of this. I can guarantee you that, provided you are actually passionate about the research field you are working in.
Great Opportunities
Student Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXApril 26, 2016
The typical day at work involves answering questions from various visitors in the office, including faculty/staff members, students and regular campus visitors. The typical day involves daily tasks, such as checking in and out keys, taking deliveries, logging hours, updating spreadsheets, answering the phone and general questions from individuals who stop by the office. I have learned through my experience at Texas A&M University- Commerce, how to work with people on a day to day basis, how to be independent and organized. I've learned how to work with systems like Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. I have great co-workers and since I'm the oldest student worker in the office it is my duty to teach them how to do things around the office and also teach them about office procedures. The hardest part of my job is at times it can be overwhelming, but I prioritize what needs to be done and get it taken care of. My favorite part of my position at TAMU-C is getting to work with other people and being able to interact with so many people that walk into the office.
Pros
Great office environment, great people, learning opportunity
Job Opportunity and advancement limited
Professional Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 16, 2016
My passion is promoting good reading skills with every content and discipline. At TAMUCC my role was one of leadership and teaching. However, my salary was not commiserate with my role. For the past four years, I have completed a full time role with the same salary. I am looking for opportunity to serve and the opportunity to advance.
Pros
medical and dental insurance
Cons
schedules and morale of department
landscape maintenance
LANDSCAPE CREW LEADER / SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMay 10, 2016
All aspects and facets of landscape maintenance. I was very privileged to maintain Bon-Fire Memorial. Hardest part was personnel took so much time off. Each employee missed one day a week as either sick leave or paid time off. things got scary as TAMU was at the verge of hiring SSC as contract landscapers. a lot of employees lost their jobs.
Pros
Maintaining Bon-Fire Memorial
Cons
Short employees at all times and contracted out.
teaching students is a rewarding job
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 30, 2016
having been involved with TAMU as both a student and an employee over the last 17 years I can say students are treated much better than employees. If you are looking for a well paying job with a company that respects it's employees as human beings and individuals, keep looking.

If you are looking for a university as a student, it is an outstanding facility.
Pros
students
Cons
work to pay ratio
Diversity, Health and safety
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJune 16, 2016
Texas A&M University is very diverse, you get to meet people form other countries and states and learn about how they do things different and how they are adjusting to Texas A&M University.
The health and wellness center plays an important role in the campus development . The profs here are helpful and encourage students to get into research to improve their resumes for the future.
Great school to work for
Peer Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXMarch 19, 2016
Being able to help the freshman in their intro to engineering course has been a great experience. Having been where they are, I am able to help prepare them for the rest of their college careers in different engineering fields.
Love it
Class Leader (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 24, 2016
I worked part-time for Texas A&M University - School of Public Health as a class leader in their Programs for Healthy Aging. I found this environment to be extremely enriching and though it helped me push myself as a leader and an independent force, it also propelled me through some barriers I thought I could not overcome.

The staff is extremely supportive and understanding. They work well with your schedule and they compensate you for all your time and hard work.

I absolutely love working for these people.
Pros
all of it
Cons
n/a
Felt good helping students.
Tutor/Peer Counselor - Trio Programs (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXJune 3, 2016
This was a rewarding job but again, dependent on grants//funding for salary. I loved working with the students and when one would succeed and pass a class it was such a good feeling knowing I helped them get there. Loved this job but graduated and moved away.
Pros
fit student schedule and it was close
Cons
salary depending on funding
Flexible and fun
Student Worker - Veteran's Affairs Work Study (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXMay 19, 2016
The most flexible job I ever had. I was able to adjust hours to suit my needs any way I wanted: number of hours, days I worked, even times I worked. I learned a lot about tuition costs and financial aid, probably more than your average college student. I also learned specifics about VA benefits and many other veteran students.
Productive and unstable
Business Coordinator II - Charged (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 17, 2016
Productive and unstable and for the most part management is a constant turnaround and not in the favor of employees. In the short time that I have been here I have seen two groups of administration come and go.
Pros
Its a Job
Cons
Never a dull moment
Great place for entry-level IT experience
Office of the Provost (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJuly 15, 2015
I learned a lot of new things about the IT field and customer service. The work environment was fun and dynamic, and there was always some new technology to learn and use.
Pros
Free food, new technology, relaxed environment
Cons
minimum wage, no benefits
was one of my best jobs ever
Telecommunication Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXMay 30, 2016
Handled over 4000 phone lines at the university to include 911E, voicemail, managed one employee and 4 students and long distant phone calls. Insured capital T-1s and CS1000 was operating on a daily basis.
Pros
very loyal, hardworking individual, take job to heart, fast learner
Cons
workaholic

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texas A&M University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4