Texas A&M University Employee Reviews

Great for students
ASSITANT CATERING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJuly 20, 2017
They really worked around student schedules. Management has changed a lot over the years, but I know they treat their students great. Lots of hours and decent benefits.
Amazing Student Worker Job
Student Worker, Memorial Student Center (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJuly 20, 2017
My experience as a student worker at Texas A&M University was fantastic. A typical day of work would be four to five hours long. Although there were opportunities to advance yearly, I declined to focus on my studies. My coworkers, most of them students, were all very friendly and made the shifts fly by. We would set up rooms for events, providing chairs and tables for different settings, such as lectures, work panels, and banquets. The job is very flexible for studying, classes, and student events. If an Aggie needs a flexible job with a great staff, working with the University Events Center staff is the best place for an on campus job.
Pros
Amazing staff and flexibility with studying and classes.
Get work quality
Texas A&M Underground Food Court (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJuly 19, 2017
We were constantly busy with preparing food for the college kids and staff on campus The managers were present when needed They were always someone cracking jokes to pass the time when not busy. Trying to get the correct order to the correct customer and the enjoyable was being around regular customers.
Pros
free lunches
It is overall a good place to be at.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 15, 2017
The work environment is great. Management is a little slow, but not bad. The hardest part of job was being out in the field. Most enjoyable part is to interact with students of different age group.
Fun
IT Coordinator (Nepalese Student Association) (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXJuly 15, 2017
Its always fun to work as a team and learn new things every day at work.The environment always encourage you to do something better which was always expected from your supervisor. I always enjoy my work.
Productive and balanced place
Student Engagement & Success (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 14, 2017
A very enjoyable place to work with meaningful work assignments. Helping the students out has been a great pleasure as well as giving my role at the university significance.
Fun place to work
Admistrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJuly 14, 2017
It was a great experience to work for a Texas State University, a little too slow paced for what I'm used to, but the people were awesome to work with.
Pros
Management, Co-workers, healthcare
Cons
Pay
Club Manager (Current Employee) –  Commerce, TXJuly 12, 2017
Highly disciplined job and require high amounts of work ethics. If you love to explore your creativity this is the best place to work. An individual will be exposed to multiple roles which will help him/her to prepare for his future endeavors
Great Student Workplace
Residential Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJuly 12, 2017
While I was working here I was not getting rich but my room was free in student housing. This was great because I was just a student trying to make it.
My lab assistant job is great!
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXJuly 9, 2017
Working as a lab assistant has been a great experience because I have learned how assess a person's level of fitness using all kinds of equipment such as treadmills, dexa scans and BMI tests.
People Environment
Senior Secretary (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 9, 2017
*How to work as a team
*Environment was enjoyable
*Loved working with students/staff
*Management was great
*Hard part of job was room for advancement
Pros
benefits, vacation/holiday pay, working with people
Cons
breaks/lunches were sometimes scarce
Great university with great community
RESIDENT ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJuly 9, 2017
Being a resident advisor is a great way to maintain a work/school balance-convenient, and the Department of Residence Life is a great organization to be in
Lovely place to work
Circulation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJuly 8, 2017
A good place to work, the people are friendly, caring and helpful. I enjoyed the time I worked there. Acquired many friends, loved the people I worked with.
Good environment
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Commerce, TXJuly 5, 2017
Alot of opportunities to come by.Had access to the world of crypto currency.The company assist clients to setup sole proprietorship kind of business.Tax filling education is taught.
Pros
well organized
Cons
low level of turn out
fun workplace
Student Athlete (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJuly 5, 2017
Enjoyed my time as an employee here. Great experience day in and out. Staff was friendly, as well as supportive of any activity or task that was at hand
Pros
Good experience
Cons
hours
Excellent benefits
Laboratory Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 30, 2017
In management, there is no typical workday. Just hope you are assigned a good supervisor. Diversity is the name of the game. Excellence is no longer stressed. A disability or disadvantage is great plus! Consider this when applying to this organization.
Pros
Benefits package is excellent
Cons
Restrucuring can mean death!
fun place to work
Landscaping Laborer (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 29, 2017
this was my first job out of high school I did all the yard work on the grounds of the campus, I work with great people and have fun doing the job cause it was outside
Productive and fun working place
Graduate Assistantship-Research (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXJune 29, 2017
I worked as a research assistant. Learnt spectroscopic instruments like NMR Spectroscopy, UV/Vis spectroscopy, FTIR, Molecular mechanics( Spartan software), chromatographic techniques( column/ thin layer chromatography)
Peaceful Place to live
Digital Archive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJune 28, 2017
Kingsville is the land of peace. My job was cool and balanced. I should accept the fact that I had the coolest employer ever. I learned the Archival process from my team there and mainly got used to the work culture smoothly.
research
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 28, 2017
great university and hope my kids go there when they get older. Fantastic science department with many great minds. Unfortunate my time there was short.