Texas A&M University

Texas A&M University Employee Reviews

Research
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), College Station, TTXAugust 3, 2015
Typical day consisted of taking incoming call from students regarding their enrollment in the University, recording online courses, troubleshooting the software and hardware to record the classes. The most enjoyable part of the job was the flexible hours.
Great
Front End Developer (Current Employee), On CampusAugust 3, 2015
Great place to work, good benefits, adequate pay, close to home, nothing significant to complain about. Close to many shops for lunch, excellent coworkers.
Aggie Gateway Mentor
Aggie Gateway Mentor (Current Employee), College Station, TXJuly 22, 2015
In charge of coordinating incoming students to the University for an easy transition into college culture. Maintain lectures every week as well as social events throughout the semester to keep students involved. I keep tabs on students as they go through University courses as they learn how to properly study and prepare for exams. Grants me an ability to practice my vocal strengths with public speaking, which is key to the lectures provided for students.
Great place for entry-level IT experience
Office of the Provost (Former Employee), College Station, TXJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Free food, new technology, relaxed environment
Cons: minimum wage, no benefits
I learned a lot of new things about the IT field and customer service. The work environment was fun and dynamic, and there was always some new technology to learn and use.
It has been a very good place to work.
Financial Specialist (Current Employee), College Station, TXJuly 8, 2015
I have enjoyed working in payroll. The people here have been amazing. I have learned so much and there was always room to learn more.
Went to companies and proposed energy savings.
Texas A&M Industrial Assessment Center (Former Employee), Texas A&M UniversityJune 29, 2015
The IAC at Texas A&M would take weekly trips to a company and run a energy analysis on the energy loads of the company's building. I learned so much from these trips and enjoyed looking at some of the manufacturing processes and how to suggest ways in which to make the process even more efficient. Students that went on the trip would write up assessment recommendations that focused on ways for the company to save money with some of the most common recommendations being retrofitting the lighting. The team lead would then compile those assessments from all the team members and send out a report to the company within 60 days of the plant visit. I learned a lot about time management with this group.
Academic Learning Experience
Recent Graduate (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJune 26, 2015
Pros: ExcellentPhysical Conditioning Facilities
Cons: Hard work & continued sacrifice
By far, completing as well as successfully achieving my education is the greatest and ultimate decision I've ever made in life!
Great University
Dietetic Intern (Former Employee), Kingsville, TXJune 25, 2015
I loved attending school at TAMUK. As a TAMUK Dietetic Intern, I completed the comprehensive didactic program of 1200 hours in the practice of: 15 weeks of clinical health care (Medical Nutrition Therapy rotations), 8 weeks of food service management, and 7 weeks of community nutrition. The TAMUK-Dietetic Internship’s focus is in Medical Nutrition Therapy, and thus the majority of my experience was spent in multiple hospital settings using critical thinking skills to assess patients and to make nutrition-related decisions to deliver the best patient care. I provided patient education, assessments and consultations to a wide range of patients with a variety of health care conditions. I developed communications skills between the healthcare team that I worked with, as well as with the South Texas, largely Hispanic, population located near the American-Mexican border.
Reason for leaving: Completed my dietetic internship.
Great place to work, wonderful benefits and many opportunities to grow and learn.
Assistant Travel Coordinator (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJune 18, 2015
Pros: Great Hours
Cons: Small Offices
Typical day at work is reviewing and processing reports as well as answering phone calls, responding to emails and assisting those who walk-in the office with questions. I have learned to multi-task and and complete high priority assignments as required by policy and/or supervisor request. Management is supportive of development and growth, many opportunities for training. I love the people I work with, hardworking and honest co-workers.
Rewarding program development
Director of Texas A&M Engineering Academies (Current Employee), College Station, TXJune 16, 2015
Pros: Development of an economic pathway to an Engineering degree
Cons: Little to no work/life balance, no administrative or program support
A typical day at work includes faculty, staff and student relations, program and process development, strategic planning and metric development for reporting purposes. Data-driven decisions were used to improve company programs and processes.
A Wonderful Place to Work
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Corpus ChristiJune 11, 2015
TAMUCC is a wonderful place to work for. They have great benefit package. It is wonderful to be able to help the students continue their education.
Work and fun place
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Kingsville, TXJune 10, 2015
Pros: Great food and ambience
The best place to work as it was my school too. It was the best day when it was my colleagues birthday, everyone enjoyed to the fullest. Everyone made a special dish at lunch and arranged fun activities. Here, I learned to manage the situations in a good way. My co-workers were very polite and helpful, they used to guide me if I was going wrong in any situation. I got the confidence and judgement skills with their help. I used to teach the undergraduate students and help them with their homeworks/assignments. I even helped them to accomplish in their projects (which was tough part, as I need to learn all the basics of their projects and learn the skills according to it). But, still I enjoyed it a lot and enhanced my knowledge too.
The Best Job I had!
Head Resident Advisor (Former Employee), Kingsville, TXJune 9, 2015
Pros: Meeting lifelong friends!
Cons: No Cons!
Working with several people within the department, working with other departments on campus, and interating with the residents on a daily basis. Obtaining a job on campus was an awesome choice!
great place to work
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Kingsville, TXJune 8, 2015
learned many new things that will help find my future career. was able to inter act with various professors and learn different opinions. had a very flexible schedual
Excellent research group, but Texas is not for me.
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Spence StreetJune 6, 2015
I worked in the MESAM laboratory. It is a great research group, but Texas is not where I would like to live indefinitely. The research group is great and I hope to continue working with them in the future.
Productive and Flexible
Merit Mentor (Current Employee), Kingsville, TXJune 1, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: occasional overtime to satisfy the student's needs
Working as a mentor required that I complete understood the subject that I was tutoring. Task involved helping students with homework, reviews, and projects. I learned how to communicate with students more efficiently. I learned how to motivate them to come more often for tutoring sessions. Frequent communication between co-workers and faculty was part of the job. The most difficult part was to work around some of the student's schedules. some students wanted tutoring and sometimes the mentor schedules would not work with the students. The most enjoyable part about the job was when the students would come back and thank us.
University work
Dietetic Intern (Current Employee), College Station, TXMay 26, 2015
This job let you experience what being a dietitian is like. You work independently a majority of the time but always have the supervision of a RD.
TAMUCC Recreational sports
Group Fitness Instructor (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXMay 22, 2015
there were a lot of opportunities to teach classes throughout the day, a lot of my coworkers would help each other stay pumped up for class, the motivation was high to continue class, very helpful with improving each other
Great job to have while in college
Machinist Assistant (Current Employee), Galveston, TXMay 8, 2015
Pros: worked with class schedule
Cons: students break tools constantly
Teach and supervise students on the use of the drill press, mill, and lathe. Manage and train new student workers, maintain/repair all shop equipment, insure all safety procedures are followed, and fabricate various parts as requested by research professors.
productive work place lack of help
Animal caretaker (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 6, 2015
Pros: Benifits
Cons: Pay, parking
A typical work day starts by over seeing the animals living environment. Management is good, I think management needs to ask for our opinion about somethings relating to the work environment.

1 2 3 4 5