Texas A&M University Employee Reviews in United States

Great work experience that allowed me to learn the different components of cyber security.
Computer Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 6, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of reviewing daily/weekly reports that were generated by our security systems. I learned how to manage a variety of software, as well as develop my interpersonal skills. Management was very understanding and flexible with my college schedule. My co-workers were great to work with. They always brought knew and exciting ways of solving problems. The hardest part of the job was creating queries for one of our security systems. The most enjoyable part of the job was collaborating with other IT departments to meet a common goal.
Pros
Flexible hours, Understanding managment
Cons
No benefits since I was a college student
Productive place to work with potential to move up
Benefits Liaison (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMarch 2, 2016
A good place to work with great benefits. Lots of opportunity to learn and advance. Good job security. The university promotes incentives for workers to stay healthy and well. You get to know the students within your department.
Good
Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Commerce, TXFebruary 8, 2016
customer services skills and good management and organizational skills. excellent work culture and most enjoyable part of job is interacting with manager, students and other staff member
Custodial services
custodial services for the student center (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXMarch 31, 2016
Custodial jobs aren't good in my opinion wherever they are . The office staff continually griped about the job being done,and other co workers on other crews didn't do their jobs and nothing was done about it . Ther pay wasn't good they had good benefits at that time but have since privatized and took them away
Pros
they once had good benefits
Cons
close to home
Graduate student with a great advisor.
Graduate Researcher (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXNovember 19, 2015
I'm a student/researcher. The work culture is very relaxed and everyone is kind to each other. My advisor is very understanding of my needs and I have received most of the help I have needed during my academic career at Texas A&M University.
Pros
Good program
Cons
A lot of independent work. Usually a good thing, but it was taken to an extreme.
Student Job
Student Technician (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 28, 2016
Typical day involved checking internal error system to see if anyone had posted any tickets for IT problems. Checking with the administrative assistance to see if their computers were acting up. Repairing any simple problems( computer wont turn on, printer is acting up, mouse won't respond) and filling out tickets to the system administrators for major issues.
I learned that even the most brilliant minds in the world can have problems fixing the simplest of issues.
Management was good. They knew that this was a student position so they would have to deal with people reading or doing homework when there was downtime.
The hardest part of the job was translating broken English (there were many foreign students who first or even second language was not English) into something that made sense so we could find the problem and fix it.
The best part was actually meeting and talking to all these individuals from around the world and helping them.
Pros
worked around busy student schedule, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Angry professors who did not tolerate any dawdling
good for phd student
Spray Cooling Heat Transfer Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXMarch 28, 2016
The living cost in College Station is very low. Their salary for phd student is OK, it is enough for your expenses if you are single. However, for students, there is no break.
Pros
low cost in College Station
Cons
no breaks
Productive and unstable
Business Coordinator II - Charged (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 17, 2016
Productive and unstable and for the most part management is a constant turnaround and not in the favor of employees. In the short time that I have been here I have seen two groups of administration come and go.
Pros
Its a Job
Cons
Never a dull moment
Family - like atmosphere
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXFebruary 25, 2016
A typical day at work was very busy. interacted with many students. Management of the lab is awesome. also, the staff is extremely supportive and understanding. they work well with your schedule and they compensate you for all your time and hard work.
Great school to work for
Peer Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXMarch 19, 2016
Being able to help the freshman in their intro to engineering course has been a great experience. Having been where they are, I am able to help prepare them for the rest of their college careers in different engineering fields.
Very good job to learn many different techniques
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXApril 2, 2016
Allowed for wide range of application skills to be developed. Great to learn project management and product development.
Great professors. Amazing learning environment and community. One of my best opportunities so far!
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 28, 2016
As an undergraduate research assistant, you will have the option to choose professors depending on what you want to do research in. It's best if you go on the website and look up their most recent projects and publications. That should give you an idea of what they do, and hopefully it aligns with your interests.

Don't care much about the pay. If you go in with the desire to learn, and put in your own hours even beyond the required, then you'll get alot out of this. I can guarantee you that, provided you are actually passionate about the research field you are working in.
Great Opportunities
Student Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXApril 26, 2016
The typical day at work involves answering questions from various visitors in the office, including faculty/staff members, students and regular campus visitors. The typical day involves daily tasks, such as checking in and out keys, taking deliveries, logging hours, updating spreadsheets, answering the phone and general questions from individuals who stop by the office. I have learned through my experience at Texas A&M University- Commerce, how to work with people on a day to day basis, how to be independent and organized. I've learned how to work with systems like Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. I have great co-workers and since I'm the oldest student worker in the office it is my duty to teach them how to do things around the office and also teach them about office procedures. The hardest part of my job is at times it can be overwhelming, but I prioritize what needs to be done and get it taken care of. My favorite part of my position at TAMU-C is getting to work with other people and being able to interact with so many people that walk into the office.
Pros
Great office environment, great people, learning opportunity
Job Opportunity and advancement limited
Professional Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 16, 2016
My passion is promoting good reading skills with every content and discipline. At TAMUCC my role was one of leadership and teaching. However, my salary was not commiserate with my role. For the past four years, I have completed a full time role with the same salary. I am looking for opportunity to serve and the opportunity to advance.
Pros
medical and dental insurance
Cons
schedules and morale of department
A competitive department
GTA/Part/Full Time Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Kingsville, TXFebruary 24, 2016
The Language and Literature Department is competitive and constantly changing, so it's hard to find where you stand, but the students and many of the professors are helpful and encouraging.
landscape maintenance
LANDSCAPE CREW LEADER / SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMay 10, 2016
All aspects and facets of landscape maintenance. I was very privileged to maintain Bon-Fire Memorial. Hardest part was personnel took so much time off. Each employee missed one day a week as either sick leave or paid time off. things got scary as TAMU was at the verge of hiring SSC as contract landscapers. a lot of employees lost their jobs.
Pros
Maintaining Bon-Fire Memorial
Cons
Short employees at all times and contracted out.
Productive and fun.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 11, 2016
The management was very professional and understanding.
Interacted with a lot of students.
Co-workers were brilliant.
Overall the job was fun and rewarding.
teaching students is a rewarding job
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 30, 2016
having been involved with TAMU as both a student and an employee over the last 17 years I can say students are treated much better than employees. If you are looking for a well paying job with a company that respects it's employees as human beings and individuals, keep looking.

If you are looking for a university as a student, it is an outstanding facility.
Pros
students
Cons
work to pay ratio
Fun, Productive and on the go!
Sports Staff (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXMarch 7, 2016
I enjoyed working with Texas A&M Intramural Sports as I am passionate about event and sport management and hope to work in another environment like that.
Diversity, Health and safety
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJune 16, 2016
Texas A&M University is very diverse, you get to meet people form other countries and states and learn about how they do things different and how they are adjusting to Texas A&M University.
The health and wellness center plays an important role in the campus development . The profs here are helpful and encourage students to get into research to improve their resumes for the future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texas A&M University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4