Texas A&M University Employee Reviews

Great College Job
ARA (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMay 27, 2017
Very flexible job, with great people. Was able to get a discounted rate on student living, while having an apartment to myself as well as a salary with flexible hours.
inspiring
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMay 23, 2017
i was just a volunteer here for an event the event was for at risk kids to them that it doesnt matter where you come from or what your skin color you are you can achieve anything if you put your mind to it,
Great atmosphere with even better people
Intramural Referee (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXMay 23, 2017
Every day that I came into work people were smiling and ready to help. My boss was also very flexible on scheduling which helped, especially in college.
Great opportunity
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXMay 20, 2017
Awesome platform for getting your feet in the academic world. Great opportunity to make connections and impact young lives. Teaching atmosphere is great.
Great Place to work
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Galveston, TXMay 19, 2017
The pay was great, Managers were very flexible in accommodating my school schedule. The managers were all very friendly and quick to acknowledge a job well done.
Friendly work place.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kingsville, TXMay 18, 2017
Gained more knowledge during the research and teaching the labs and has very friendly nature. Great and experienced professors. I learned so many new techniques and presented papers.
I am a student there
Student (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXMay 18, 2017
The college is a great place to learn and interact with other people in your chosen major plus have a chance to interact with people in different cultures and some are from different countries.
Pros
Interaction with others especially with international citizens
Cons
College study life with high tuition that increases each year
I loved this job, amazing work environment.
SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMay 14, 2017
This job was perfect for any college student. It was a very relaxed but also professional environment. I was sad to leave the work place, but I transferred schools and couldn't work there any longer.
Good school
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMay 12, 2017
It is a good school to work with deep Texas cultures. the department I worked at has excellent faculty and facility. Although the work pace was fast, but I enjoyed it overall.
Great job while completing a degree
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMay 12, 2017
Work well with students to use their skills on campus while they are focused on school. Various projects available, managed well by professors and university researchers.
All good experience
Administrative Assistant to the Dean (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXMay 12, 2017
The people and the job were great. I only left because I moved to another state. I enjoyed mostly interacting with the students but my overall work experience was very rewarding. Faculty, staff and administration were all very friendly and helpful!
Pros
Great job, great experience
Cons
Pay for admin asst was very low
Quick and easy
Student Tutor (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXMay 8, 2017
Great place to work, made lots of friends and aquaintances, fast paced, very diverse population of faculty, staff and students, great benefits offered
As a cadet at Texas A&M University you face a lot of challenges.
F-2 Training corporal/ Team Leader (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMay 8, 2017
As a cadet at Texas A&M University you face a lot of challenges. The crops of cadets prepares you for a lot of real world situations to apply in the Military and civilian career. Teaching you how to lead , develop, and achieve.
Pros
Lessons in Leadership
Cons
No pay
Great school, great people
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Commerce, TXMay 6, 2017
This is a smaller school, which means a more personal experience for teachers, staff, and students. The employees are personable, with a more small-town vibe, and the campus is an attractive place to work. Nothing really bad to say, except the TrainTraq online training sessions are a hassle to sit through.
Life as a student
Student (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 5, 2017
Wake, Listen, Work, Eat, Sleep (sometimes), Repeat... But I'm not telling anyone, anything new, am I?
The end result is hopefully something one can take and run with, into many new and interesting adventures and challenges.
It doesn't always happen that way, but hey, there is hope. Remember: Stay positive, even if it is just being positive that it isn't.
Pros
Knowledge, experience, challenges.
Cons
Student debt, student debt, and yet, more student debt.
The people behind the scenes make this an excellent place to work
Student (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXMay 4, 2017
I don't want to complete this portion of the review you should not make it a requirement. I don't need anyone knowing more about my thoughts than I normally reveal.
Work place culture
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXMay 1, 2017
Very relaxed yet very competitive. The best weight room to work for at a university. Rec Sports strives to be better than every other university in Texas.
Solid environment to work.
Associate Head Men's Basketball Coach (Current Employee) –  Commerce, TXApril 26, 2017
Texas A&M University Commerce is a solid place to work. Most the staff and faculty really gets along well. We only had one gym and multiple sports had to practice in the gym so we did our best to work with one another.

Once a month we also had a coach's meeting where we discussed the environment and things we needed to work on.
easy going and fun work environment
Basketball Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXApril 26, 2017
day to day process included getting the kids up for camp to go to the gym. there we would get everyone orginized for the days activities. creating a fun work eniviroment to make sure everyone learns and get better.
good place for graduate school
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXApril 26, 2017
I am Phd student and also research assistant here. It's a good place for study. college station is a small college town, not expensive. The problem is the distance to big cities. It takes at least 1.5 hours to drive to Houston.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texas A&M University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4