Texas A&M University Employee Reviews in United States

Great University to attend and work for
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 23, 2016
Great experience, I loved going to school here and working for the police department. Security was a great job where I met plenty of great people and interacted with the public frequently.
Grad-School program
Graduate Assistant-Teaching (Current Employee) –  Commerce, TX 75428August 19, 2016
Teaching-Assistants teach two sections of undergraduate courses while attending to their own educational responsibilities. It's a handful but very rewarding.
Great Job
Environmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXAugust 18, 2016
Greeting customers, cleaning and straighten, training other employees about the job and products for the customer. The co-workers and management team was extremely nice. Easy to get along with
Students who attend will receive an education to further their future endeavors.
GRADUATE TEACHER PROGRAM SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 17, 2016
Texas A&M University - San Antonio is a recently-established university within the Texas A&M University System. The Department of Education lacks the leadership and communication skills required to meet the needs of faculty, staff, and students.
Not a living wage
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXAugust 11, 2016
Compensation here was terrible. The system grinds out graduate students and requires so much work from them that there is no life aside from the research group that you hope you picked properly for 5 years of your life.
Great place to work and gain valuable experience
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXJuly 25, 2016
My work at Texas A&M University - Commerce was compelling and knowledgeable. The staff at the university really cares about there employees and treats them with respect and care. I definitely gained much needed research experience as well as administrative experience.
Pros
excellent staff management, free luncheons once a month, valuable experience
Cons
Work can be tedious at times
Great place for wildlife research
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJuly 25, 2016
There is a lot of flexibility and work involved. As a grad student, you need to always be committed to giving your best work efforts and finding ways to improve your professional and career skills. I have been very blessed with many opportunities to take advantage of here.
Pros
Field work, application, connections, opportunities
Cons
Long hours, hard to balance
Loved it!
Student Secretary (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXJuly 25, 2016
I learned so much working here! This is where I got my start as a secretary. I was able to work with athletics and I loved it because I got to work around sports.
Good place to learn new things and improve
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJuly 21, 2016
Learned and mastered a bunch of Laboratory techniques. Improved problem solving skills. Good place to work and discuss new projects in Science. Weekly lab meetings are helpful to get a track of project progress.
Job Opportunity and advancement limited
Professional Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 16, 2016
My passion is promoting good reading skills with every content and discipline. At TAMUCC my role was one of leadership and teaching. However, my salary was not commiserate with my role. For the past four years, I have completed a full time role with the same salary. I am looking for opportunity to serve and the opportunity to advance.
Pros
medical and dental insurance
Cons
schedules and morale of department
work
CASCADE Project Mentor (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJuly 11, 2016
organized and laid back environment.
flexible work hours.
management was laid back and work consisted of meeting with other students for a couple of hours.
Great place to work.
Jones Auditorium Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJuly 10, 2016
I enjoyed working here while I was attending college there. It was a flexible job that allowed me to go to school full time. I would recommend the job to anyone.
good place
Academic Tutor (Current Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJuly 10, 2016
its a honor to work with this team and organisation it helps me to learn professional skills and gives a quality of dealing critical situattions with confidence
Productive and excellent workplace
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJuly 6, 2016
Great place to learn about Spatial Science. The atmosphere was great and the faculty and student all helped each other in the department to work on projects.
Fun Workplace
Help Desk Support (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJuly 5, 2016
Great place to make money and study at the same time. Met many different people from different countries. I was able to learn how to troubleshoot other peoples problems very quickly.
teaching students is a rewarding job
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 30, 2016
having been involved with TAMU as both a student and an employee over the last 17 years I can say students are treated much better than employees. If you are looking for a well paying job with a company that respects it's employees as human beings and individuals, keep looking.

If you are looking for a university as a student, it is an outstanding facility.
Pros
students
Cons
work to pay ratio
Student Job
Student Technician (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 28, 2016
Typical day involved checking internal error system to see if anyone had posted any tickets for IT problems. Checking with the administrative assistance to see if their computers were acting up. Repairing any simple problems( computer wont turn on, printer is acting up, mouse won't respond) and filling out tickets to the system administrators for major issues.
I learned that even the most brilliant minds in the world can have problems fixing the simplest of issues.
Management was good. They knew that this was a student position so they would have to deal with people reading or doing homework when there was downtime.
The hardest part of the job was translating broken English (there were many foreign students who first or even second language was not English) into something that made sense so we could find the problem and fix it.
The best part was actually meeting and talking to all these individuals from around the world and helping them.
Pros
worked around busy student schedule, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Angry professors who did not tolerate any dawdling
Graduate Researcher
Graduate Researcher (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 27, 2016
It was not very structure and unprofessional at times. Some of the PI were not always there, and provided little to no instructions to their students.
great place to work and also learn new things
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJune 26, 2016
getting new change requests from the professor and developing them. I have learned lot of new concepts while working and also got a chance to implement the ones taught to me in class.
Prolific and charged up enviroment to work
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJune 20, 2016
Fun to work here, all staffs are helpful, great learning scopes, helps to build your career strong. You can learn new things. Energetic enviroment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texas A&M University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4