Texas A&M University Employee Review

View all Texas A&M University reviews

Great Experience
Internship - NSF REU (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXNovember 16, 2013
As a student just beginning my studies in Aerospace Engineering, the NSF REU Aerospace Program at Texas A&M helped me focus what I wanted to study in Aerospace Engineering.

A typical day included the attendance of a GRE and leadership workshop as well as heading to the laboratory to run tests that would be used for the final presentation.

In terms of management, there were certain flaws specifically to the Aerospace department. Certain logistics were not reliable, lack of information caused many of us to have reimbursement problems, and organization of program was not there.

However with that said, the program did function well and did gain a lot of knowledge including working in the wind tunnels and running tests, to gather sample data from an observed group of people.

One of the hardest part of the job was developing the journal paper and creating the research poster. As with any presentation, a large sum of information has to be filtered and arranged so that it can be display in a coherent manner.

The most enjoyable part of the job is enjoying the off work hours with fellow co-workers, allowing us to develop friendships and networks that are still viable today.
Stipend, Experience, Networking, Friendships, Field Trips
Organization, Lack of More (expected) Field Trips, Lack of Leadership

Other Texas A&M University Employee Reviews

Data Processor (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXMarch 19, 2018
Great people at all levels of the company - joining makepositive is like joining a family and everyone is supportive of each other and has a great time together
Interesting projects - I have worked at make positive for 4 years and no 2 projects are alike
A great culture - coming to work is fun and there are always nights out and something for everyone
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMarch 18, 2018
Estuve 5 años en el doctorado. Buen ambiente y mucha gente de quién aprender.