Texas A&M University Employee Reviews

Research Work
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXApril 24, 2017
• Design and manufacturing of the Humanoid Robot at Controls and Robotics Laboratories in Solidworks.
• Participated in Manufacturing and Assembling of Humanoid Arm.
• Participated in sheet metal fabrication and 3D printing shells.
• Responsible for Mathematical modeling of Humanoid Robot.
• Worked on FEA and Motion Simulation for the robot using Solidworks simulations.
Great Adjunct Job!
English Instructor (Current Employee) –  Galveston, TXApril 22, 2017
Department head is very friendly. I've been their three years and haven't ever been observed. THe students are very smart! I have an office even though I'm only part-time.
Great place for adjuncts
Lecturer (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXApril 19, 2017
Many opportunities as an adjunct. Mostly face to face. Use of hybrid with Blackboard. There are opportunities to teach in various areas such as freshman success courses.
Be a Peer Recruiter!
Peer Recruiter (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXApril 12, 2017
Easy job that pays students very well. Supervisors are very nice and understanding, and accommodate you if you ever need to be. Get to make your own schedule!
Great for students
Department of Student Activities (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXApril 11, 2017
Wonderful place for students to develop their skills in any area. They truly care about the students and ensuring that they develop skills that will carry over into their every day lives.
Enjoyable place to work with low salaries
Budget Administrator/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXApril 11, 2017
TAMUG has a good culture and the people are great. Non-competitive in salaries brings down the review. Not technologically adept as a management structure which keeps the review low.
Texas A&M is a well established public university
Additionally assist other directors (Current Employee) –  college Station TxApril 9, 2017
Good Large University work environment. Some room for advancement, but the pay scale is lower than the national average. The campus is beautiful and has a long rich tradition and history.
Pros
great academic culture
Cons
Not much staff develeopment
Teaching was fun
Contract Student Worker (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXApril 7, 2017
I got to teach classes I took during undergrad and enjoyed it. However, the class projects were more or less the same as years prior, so lacking the variety and creativity that new things could create was a bit of a bummer.
Working environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXApril 6, 2017
It is a good working environment. My supervisors are friendly and willing to support me. In addition, it offers much resource that I can access easily.
Very cooperative environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXApril 6, 2017
The department will work with you with nearly everything, whether it is classes or other commitments. No excessive workload or long hours. Everything is managed very well
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
As such nothing
An educative and fun place to work.
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXApril 3, 2017
A good place to work with & gain knowledge working under the highly educated and trained professor's of our esteemed university.Where learning is part of daily process,where we get trained and also where jobs provided to support ourselves financially.
Pros
Free lunch on Friday
Good.
STUDENT WORKER (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXApril 2, 2017
I am a student worker. I do payroll, reimbursements, ledger. My day all depends on the time of the month and it is never the same. I will put in invoices, then pay. If there is reimbursements I will do that. I do other various business aspects as well.
graduate assistant
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  kingsville,TXMarch 30, 2017
It givess us good organising skills. teaches us how to manage official works and get to work with department of elcetrical and computer science engineering ....there is always much to learn
Great Supervisor and gains a lot of skills with technical writing
Research Assistant/Writing Center Staff (Current Employee) –  Commerce, TXMarch 28, 2017
A usual day consists of aiding students with becoming a better writer. The culture is dynamic & positive! The most enjoyable part is helping students.
Loved working as teaching assistant
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMarch 28, 2017
Great part time job for students. Flexible teachers. Great culture. Valuable experience that you can add to your resume in the future. No cons besides working while going to work can be a hard balance.
School
Infomation Technology Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 28, 2017
I was a work study so I am not sure of how it would be if I was full time. It is a close net environment so everybody knows your business and I was not even full time.
Deep sense of camaraderie among employees.
EHS Specialist (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXMarch 27, 2017
Employees care about one another in all respect. There are opportunities for professional growth and development.

People from all kinds of background work together toward a common goal.
Excellent Job Oppurtunity
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Commerce, TXMarch 24, 2017
Texas A&M University-Commerce works with the graduate student to provide experience in teaching through assigning the student to facilitate labs that are within their field and expertise.
Different
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMarch 24, 2017
Working for an with ppl my own age is very different cause it's pros and cons to the whole thing be professional but still relatable and fast working on everything
Fun place where learning is fun
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXMarch 15, 2017
As a doctoral student I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Texaas A&M University. The workplace provides a very congenial atmosphere for learning both from professors as well as peers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texas A&M University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4