Texas A&M University

Texas A&M University United States Employee Reviews

This job provides a very stimulating environment for learning as well as professional development.
Research Associate (Current Employee), College Station, TXApril 20, 2015
A typical day of work includes mentoring graduate students, writing proposals and journal articles and managing projects. I have learned a lot in this job specifically about safety principles and developed excellent soft skills such as communicating with the teams I lead, writing and presentation skills. The most enjoyable part of my job is stimulation from doing multiple projects at one time.
Good academic environment
Research Specialist (Former Employee), College Station, TXApril 18, 2015
Pros: Relaxing and friendly working environment
Cons: Hidden politics of major management affects evaluation of employee performance
Great place for research and other academic activities. Salary range is rather low. People are nice and friendly. Wide access to education resources. great benefits
Very productive and friendly environment for students and employees
Student Assistant/Moderator (Current Employee), San Antonio TXApril 17, 2015
Typical day consisted of taking incoming call from students regarding their enrollment in the University, recording online courses, troubleshooting the software and hardware to record the classes. The most enjoyable part of the job was the flexible hours.
Great work environment
Annual Giving and Game Day Promotions Coordinator (Current Employee), Texas A&M University-KingsvilleApril 14, 2015
Raise funds for Javelina Athletics and coordinate with Javelina Club Board of Directors on certain aspects of fundraising and special events.
Life Long Lesson in Teaching
Spanish Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Modern Languages DepartmentApril 14, 2015
Teach college level students a foreign language (SPAN 102). Development and implementation of foreign language lesson plans. Assess student achievement through formal and informal testing. Instruct students on cultural aspects of the foreign language. Participate in staff development programs. Compile, maintain, and file reports, records, and other required documents. Maintain open lines of communication with students through students meetings. Incorporate technology into curriculum.
Interesting looking over old material
Grader (Former Employee), College Station, TXApril 8, 2015
Pros: Simple
Cons: Time consuming at times
Grading came to whenever I had time to grade assignment within a week of assignment submission.Professor was understanding of scheduling issues as long as he was notified and go the work done at an appropriate time.
Being around amazing people
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Kingsville, TXApril 7, 2015
Pros: I was able to do some homework for college there
Cons: None
I helped out when they needed help and run things to other areas to the college campus. The Management was very good. The most enjoyable thing about the job was that i heard old stories about the college.
Consistent through policy and curriculum change; excellent department teamwork
Academic Advisor I (Former Employee), College Station, TXApril 2, 2015
Collaborative special projects, regular communication with other units, recruitment events, host prospective students and families, provide academic counsel to students

I developed a foundational knowledge in administrative structure and process. I learned to quickly adjust to frequent changes in management.

My co-workers were excellent at the time I left. All were very productive and fun to work with.

The hardest part of the job was the seasonal work load. All work was enjoyable but not as consistent in volume; however, this gave me the opportunity to manage my work appropriately through the year.
Awesome management and co-workers, enjoyable work.
Helpdesk Analyst (Current Employee), Kingsville, TXMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: Late hours
A typical day at work is answering phone calls and helping people face to face. I've learned a bit about technology. Management is great and seem to really love what they do. Co-workers are always helpful and flexible with time. The hardest part of the job is not know how to solve an issue with a customer. The most enjoyable part is actually solving the issue students are facing with technology.
Cashier
Cashier (Current Employee), Commerce, TXMarch 30, 2015
Pros: fun employees, experienced managers, good hours
Cons: skeleton crew at a few hours, college kids complaining about money.
I enjoy working at the store. The fellow employees are nice and casual people. The managers know what to say and how to phrase wording so that customers are not upset. The work flow can be brainless but I enjoy rush times where I can keep shelves stocked and help customers with any and most issues that arise. I learned how to run the registers and do returns, book buy-backs and most customer service. If I can not help a customer I always ask them if they would like to talk to the manager in charge.
The hardest part is my Tuesday/Thursday's because I am upfront by myself and do not have the ability to roam the store sorting and organizing the stock. I just can stare at is and make a list of what needs to be fixed when a coworker comes in.
Excellent real world and academic integration
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Commerce, TXMarch 18, 2015
TAMU-C provided a safe environment to connect to students and worked diligently to integrate the academic and personal development for Faculty, Staff, and Students.
Standard Student Worker Position
Student Worker (Former Employee), College Station, TXMarch 18, 2015
Pros: scheduling flexibility, management
Cons: n/a
They let you study if you weren't busy. Pretty standard for any campus job for students. They gave you flexibility around your hours around your class schedule. The faculty is really friendly.
Good work environment with sufficient wage
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), College Station, TXMarch 17, 2015
Cons: College Station - Not a very exciting city
Pleasant comfortable lifestyle with a lot of benefits, job security, intelligent people and above all a great learning experience!
Good place to work and learn at the same time
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Kingsville, TXMarch 11, 2015
Pros: great people!
Cons: time management issues
I learned how to conduct a class in the college setting and how to balance my education with my work duties with my professor. It was sometimes hard to get in enough time to study and conduct research with the amount of work required by the professor and the maintenance of the library contained within the office.
Provide professional and exceptional service.
Acting Users Services Manager (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 9, 2015
Pros: good retirement plan.
Cons: no much room to grow up.
Attend constant calls or emails from users requesting help with their computer equipment.
Attend meetings with department heads in the search for solutions to provide the best of the technology in classrooms or conference rooms for teachers to provide a better class to the students and these become familiar with new teaching methods and new technology and new programs to be used in their future work.
Attend meetings with the Help desk staff and the Desktop computer technicians to find out their needs in their areas so they can continue providing a professional service to the users.
Attend meetings with vendors to learn from them new software or new technology that can be used at the University for the benefit of all our users and the university community in general (administrators, teachers and students) .
Productive place working as a Student but came to know a lot of things.
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Commerce, TXMarch 8, 2015
A day would start of visiting the lab and checking if any students come up for some doubt sessions, clarify their doubts, then check for any updates to be made for the university web pages. Improved my programming skills, interacting with new people. Learnt various hardware and software principles.
Research
Visiting Researcher (Former Employee), College Station, TXMarch 6, 2015
A great place for research. There are all the facilities available for advanced research and development of multinational materials.
great place to work
Teaching and Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), College StationMarch 3, 2015
Pros: friday coffee
Friendly people, great work culture.
Very structured and organized. the state of art office building. Higher Management and peers are very coperative.
Productive and great co-workers
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Commerce, TXMarch 2, 2015
Pros: good beneifits and paid holidays/sick leave/vacation.
Cons: sometimes you have to deal with unpleasant people.
Turn all copiers on before library opens. Invoiced books for payment as they came in. Balanced the Money Management Center and made the deposit. Made sure copy cards were loaded into the dispenser. Opened/sorted mail and made sure was placed in proper office mail slots. Special projects as needed.

The experience that I learned provided me with the knowledge that has been with me all through my career.

I could not have worked for any better employer.

My co-workers were like one big happy family.

Learning the accounting system took the longest to learn since I only used it once a month.

Working with all the different people.
high expectations
Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator (Former Employee), Kingsville, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: lack of advancement
Overall the place of employment was enjoyable and made lasting friendships. Learned a lot from veteran co-workers. Advancement was difficult to accomplish but was able to be done.

1 2 3 4 5