Texas A&M University Employee Reviews

TEEX Associate Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXJanuary 6, 2017
Fantastic facility. Meeting people from all over the world is always intriguing. Co-workers are mostly old white men. Promotions are tough to get. Management can be overbearing at times.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
all old people
My best day is when objective was made.
Student (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXDecember 17, 2016
As a student, the best day is the day that I got all my lessons with feedback.
I learned that good management is a prelude to success.My others co-students who work hard find it easier to succeed.
The hardest part of the job is when students do not cooperate in team. But the most enjoyable is when team work is implemented based on needs of the students.
Pros
Love cooperative students.
Cons
Hate uncooperative students.
Great co-workers, no advancement
Computer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXNovember 14, 2016
I'm an IT tech at TAMU CVM, and while you'll meet plenty of great people and get to see some new tech, you're not going to climb anywhere. You're not going to get trained well, and management uses the 'other duties as assigned' to give you more work. If you don't want to be overrun, don't let on that you know more than you were hired on for.
Pros
Great people to work with, benefits are good
Cons
Paid pennies for T1 helpdesk support, micromanagement with poor training
Fun to work and learn at one place
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXFebruary 6, 2017
I worked in a place where I learned a lot. Developed some of the project related to web development and designing the university web page.

There was a perfect balance for job and studies during my masters.
The management has provided scholarship and other benefits like health insurance.
Ucare
UCARE Director (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXFebruary 18, 2017
This is an awesome place to work. We founded the "Batcave" in a small back office and today it is now a university level dept. I absolutely love my Grad Assistants and the work we do. The professors who helped create UCARE have been excellent mentors! Each and every one of the 25+ students that have worked within UCARE's walls have gone on to be fantastic and awesome "adults." The culture of the Batcave and its Minions is one of flexibility, collaboration, two-way mentoring, and fun. We all have learned how to handle multiple projects in different phases while under pressure with expert professionalism. The hardest part of this job is losing the grad assistants. when they graduate because we have developed such a unique work relationship. The easiest part of UCARE is doing the work. Our team is just awesome and I'm happy and proud of each and every one of the Minions!
Pros
Flex hours, variety of projects, awesome engagement with the community
Cons
Budget is not big enough to really support all the projects we wish to undertake with the community
Not recommended
IT Consultant for Columbia Advisory Group (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXSeptember 22, 2016
Very poor experience. There is a self appointed kingdom consisting of a systems admin who will pick you apart and bad mouth you to your boss, and has all the warmth and empathy of a shark. He essentially runs the department.

Benefits? They begin after a YEAR of employment, if you make it that far.

Saw two guys leave before me, and I was only there for 5 months.

Worse than no support, this company was depressing and belittling to work for.

I have over 15 years experience as a Systems Administrator. It isn't my first go around.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Depressing and the survival rate is zero.
Poor working environment at Political science department
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJanuary 26, 2017
Professors are worried more about their achievements than the impact their work has on important education/economic/management policies, especially in regards to marginalized communities. Race and ethnicity is used as a gold mine for easy publications, but very few of the professors care about those communities.
Pros
great networks
Cons
alienating for students/workers of color
Great place for wildlife research
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJuly 25, 2016
There is a lot of flexibility and work involved. As a grad student, you need to always be committed to giving your best work efforts and finding ways to improve your professional and career skills. I have been very blessed with many opportunities to take advantage of here.
Pros
Field work, application, connections, opportunities
Cons
Long hours, hard to balance
Learned so much with excellent peers.
Graduate Research & Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 25, 2016
The team effort was the key to being successful here. I loved the camaraderie the exchange of ideas and the acknowledgement of there was much to learn. The most enjoyable part of the job was at the end of the day sharing the successes and the areas that need tweaking to implement Best Management Practices.
Amazing Experience
Director of Alumni & Development (Current Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJanuary 3, 2017
Working at A&M-Kingsville has allowed room for advancement within the University.
Work days varied depending on the time of year.
Leadership under Dr. Tallant were all solid to work for and with.
The hardest part of the job was wearing many hats, but gave me the opportunity to be diverese.
Intellectual and laid back environment
Lab/Field Technician (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJanuary 23, 2017
I enjoyed the job. I gained valuable knowledge and experience. There were many projects covering many different areas of agriculture and environmental research. I seek to obtain a job related to these fields.
Pros
Breaks taken of my choice, Lunches sometimes included
productive and fun working with students and alumni
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXJanuary 14, 2017
easy going environment. Loved working with the students and alumns. Assisted with different events the alumni office sponsored. Acted as office manager in the absence of the director and/or Assistant Director.
Pros
low stress environment, good benefits, fun co-workers
Cons
Fun and engaging work environment
Tutor (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXSeptember 20, 2016
Texas A&M offers a lot of opportunities to enhanced the college experience. The on-campus jobs are a great way to develop leadership skills, communication skills, project managment skills, etc. Working for A&M is a rewarding experience as you will be a part of a group of people that will help you become better.
Pros
You get to work with other Aggies!
Cons
Homework gets in the way but its college so develop time management skills.
Innovated and safe work environment
Laboratory Technician and Hardware engineer (Former Employee) –  Texas A&M University at College Station, TexasFebruary 10, 2017
All the requirement for a perfect work environment were available,tools, training rooms, restaurant, break room,and management accessibility in case of social or job related issue.
Pros
Surprised bonus to motivate employees.
Fun Place to work around
Graduate Assistant Research (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXFebruary 8, 2017
Management skills developed.
Helped to develop my research skills.
Very helpful co workers they will see that we are able to get work properly or else will help us to do so.
Productive environment
Graduate Assistant Women's Tennis Coach (Current Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJanuary 6, 2017
I loved working for the Athletic Department. Co workers are very nice and helpful. You also receive benefits, and you are able to gain experience for future employments.
Rich learning environment
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXSeptember 26, 2016
Opportunities to apply my trade in new and innovative ways were welcome and abundant. The ability to work with staff to create well designed courses for online students.
Pros
opportunities for applying Instructional Designer application were plentiful
Cons
Job security was great, but no opportunity for advancement.
Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXDecember 31, 2016
Teaching at a 4-year university was fantastic for my experience level. Since I only have a bachelor's degree, requested jobs assignments and advancement went to other co-workers.
Pros
Discount on school
Cons
No advancement possibility.
Great company
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXJanuary 3, 2017
Great company with great staff. The management is very understanding and helpful. Overall great place to work. I made some life-long friends during my time here.
Professional Experience
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 3, 2017
The work ethics are high. Professional experience and exposure to key challenges in all research areas. The advisor ensures advancement in technical and personality aspects.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texas A&M University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4