Texas A&M University Employee Reviews

Graduate Institution
Post-doctoral Researcher (Former Employee), College Station, TXAugust 31, 2015
I worked here for 11 months after finishing my PhD. Texas A&M was a wonderful environment, fast paced, and growing. It was a great time to be there.
Marketing Research Assistant (Current Employee), College Station, TXAugust 28, 2015
I really like working for A&M because it can contribute to my future career in marketing. It's a great place for students to earn money and study at the same time.
Great University!!
Senior Design Project (Former Employee), College Station, TXAugust 27, 2015
Studied Electrical Engineering with focus in power electronics. Course material ranged from basic electrical theory to quantum mechanics, electro-magnetics, and programming logic Learned how to think, research, organize and adapt in order to accomplish goals.
Productive work experience
Student Worker (Current Employee), College Station, TXAugust 26, 2015
It was a good learning experience for application of various medications to the horses and different tasks with encouragement from the manager. Co-workers were friendly and had good work ethic. Various things had to be done day-to-day, so nothing was ever monotonous. The hardest part of the job was fence repairs while working with the horses in general was the most enjoyable. It was a very nice student worker experience.
A reasonable job if motivated
floater (Former Employee), Commerce, TXAugust 21, 2015
Pros: free meal on job, floater(did multiple jobs)
It was a good first college to start of as a new student but i did not feel positively motivated to work hard in school. It seemed more like a easy going lazy school where a lot of kids didn't know where they were heading and they were content with that feeling, i mostly was not and i knew i had to find a better academic atmosphere. I did work at the cafeteria for a month however with 19 hours of school work a part time left me very exhausted.
TAMUC
IT Specialist (Current Employee), Commerce, TexasAugust 18, 2015
Great place to work! Pay is suitable. Employees receive paid time off and benefits and several paid holidays. Great work environment and friendly staff.
Research
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), College Station, TTXAugust 3, 2015
Typical day consisted of taking incoming call from students regarding their enrollment in the University, recording online courses, troubleshooting the software and hardware to record the classes. The most enjoyable part of the job was the flexible hours.
Great
Front End Developer (Current Employee), On CampusAugust 3, 2015
Great place to work, good benefits, adequate pay, close to home, nothing significant to complain about. Close to many shops for lunch, excellent coworkers.
Aggie Gateway Mentor
Aggie Gateway Mentor (Current Employee), College Station, TXJuly 22, 2015
In charge of coordinating incoming students to the University for an easy transition into college culture. Maintain lectures every week as well as social events throughout the semester to keep students involved. I keep tabs on students as they go through University courses as they learn how to properly study and prepare for exams. Grants me an ability to practice my vocal strengths with public speaking, which is key to the lectures provided for students.
Great place for entry-level IT experience
Office of the Provost (Former Employee), College Station, TXJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Free food, new technology, relaxed environment
Cons: minimum wage, no benefits
I learned a lot of new things about the IT field and customer service. The work environment was fun and dynamic, and there was always some new technology to learn and use.
It has been a very good place to work.
Financial Specialist (Current Employee), College Station, TXJuly 8, 2015
I have enjoyed working in payroll. The people here have been amazing. I have learned so much and there was always room to learn more.
Went to companies and proposed energy savings.
Texas A&M Industrial Assessment Center (Former Employee), Texas A&M UniversityJune 29, 2015
The IAC at Texas A&M would take weekly trips to a company and run a energy analysis on the energy loads of the company's building. I learned so much from these trips and enjoyed looking at some of the manufacturing processes and how to suggest ways in which to make the process even more efficient. Students that went on the trip would write up assessment recommendations that focused on ways for the company to save money with some of the most common recommendations being retrofitting the lighting. The team lead would then compile those assessments from all the team members and send out a report to the company within 60 days of the plant visit. I learned a lot about time management with this group.
Academic Learning Experience
Recent Graduate (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJune 26, 2015
Pros: ExcellentPhysical Conditioning Facilities
Cons: Hard work & continued sacrifice
By far, completing as well as successfully achieving my education is the greatest and ultimate decision I've ever made in life!
Great University
Dietetic Intern (Former Employee), Kingsville, TXJune 25, 2015
I loved attending school at TAMUK. As a TAMUK Dietetic Intern, I completed the comprehensive didactic program of 1200 hours in the practice of: 15 weeks of clinical health care (Medical Nutrition Therapy rotations), 8 weeks of food service management, and 7 weeks of community nutrition. The TAMUK-Dietetic Internship’s focus is in Medical Nutrition Therapy, and thus the majority of my experience was spent in multiple hospital settings using critical thinking skills to assess patients and to make nutrition-related decisions to deliver the best patient care. I provided patient education, assessments and consultations to a wide range of patients with a variety of health care conditions. I developed communications skills between the healthcare team that I worked with, as well as with the South Texas, largely Hispanic, population located near the American-Mexican border.
Reason for leaving: Completed my dietetic internship.
Great place to work, wonderful benefits and many opportunities to grow and learn.
Assistant Travel Coordinator (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJune 18, 2015
Pros: Great Hours
Cons: Small Offices
Typical day at work is reviewing and processing reports as well as answering phone calls, responding to emails and assisting those who walk-in the office with questions. I have learned to multi-task and and complete high priority assignments as required by policy and/or supervisor request. Management is supportive of development and growth, many opportunities for training. I love the people I work with, hardworking and honest co-workers.
Rewarding program development
Director of Texas A&M Engineering Academies (Current Employee), College Station, TXJune 16, 2015
Pros: Development of an economic pathway to an Engineering degree
Cons: Little to no work/life balance, no administrative or program support
A typical day at work includes faculty, staff and student relations, program and process development, strategic planning and metric development for reporting purposes. Data-driven decisions were used to improve company programs and processes.
A Wonderful Place to Work
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Corpus ChristiJune 11, 2015
TAMUCC is a wonderful place to work for. They have great benefit package. It is wonderful to be able to help the students continue their education.
Work and fun place
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Kingsville, TXJune 10, 2015
Pros: Great food and ambience
The best place to work as it was my school too. It was the best day when it was my colleagues birthday, everyone enjoyed to the fullest. Everyone made a special dish at lunch and arranged fun activities. Here, I learned to manage the situations in a good way. My co-workers were very polite and helpful, they used to guide me if I was going wrong in any situation. I got the confidence and judgement skills with their help. I used to teach the undergraduate students and help them with their homeworks/assignments. I even helped them to accomplish in their projects (which was tough part, as I need to learn all the basics of their projects and learn the skills according to it). But, still I enjoyed it a lot and enhanced my knowledge too.
The Best Job I had!
Head Resident Advisor (Former Employee), Kingsville, TXJune 9, 2015
Pros: Meeting lifelong friends!
Cons: No Cons!
Working with several people within the department, working with other departments on campus, and interating with the residents on a daily basis. Obtaining a job on campus was an awesome choice!
great place to work
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Kingsville, TXJune 8, 2015
learned many new things that will help find my future career. was able to inter act with various professors and learn different opinions. had a very flexible schedual