Texas A&M University Employee Reviews in United States

Engaging environment focused on student success
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 26, 2016
Satisfying and relaxed work environment that provided me with experiences in academic research, community outreach, and health education.
Great Opportunities
Student Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXApril 26, 2016
The typical day at work involves answering questions from various visitors in the office, including faculty/staff members, students and regular campus visitors. The typical day involves daily tasks, such as checking in and out keys, taking deliveries, logging hours, updating spreadsheets, answering the phone and general questions from individuals who stop by the office. I have learned through my experience at Texas A&M University- Commerce, how to work with people on a day to day basis, how to be independent and organized. I've learned how to work with systems like Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. I have great co-workers and since I'm the oldest student worker in the office it is my duty to teach them how to do things around the office and also teach them about office procedures. The hardest part of my job is at times it can be overwhelming, but I prioritize what needs to be done and get it taken care of. My favorite part of my position at TAMU-C is getting to work with other people and being able to interact with so many people that walk into the office.
Pros
Great office environment, great people, learning opportunity
productive and fun workplace
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXApril 24, 2016
I learned how to function in the office environment and provide the customer service I receive as a students to my peers.My coworkers were the staff of the college and they mentored myself and the other student workers with no discrimination against us and treated us as equals.
Good place to work where you get to interact with members of the community
Graduate Assistant Researcher (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXApril 20, 2016
Easy day to day activities. Treat everyone with respect and you were able to get by pretty easily. Management was fair but would occasionally not give you a large amount of hours.
great university
Horticultural Orderly (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXApril 13, 2016
hands on. great teachers. love the town. the people are awesome very helpful I loved it. they teach one by one friendly love going every day I took horticultural and sociology
Working with Students
Records Associate (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXApril 11, 2016
I really enjoyed working with Texas A&M University-Central Texas.
My favorite part was being able to help students with any registration problems and questions. It was a very nice environment. Been able to work independent.
productive and fun
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXApril 6, 2016
As a Event Coordinator, the job duties were fun and productive. This position entailed many job duties and to be multi-task oriented.
Techie Place to Work on wid fun, Education, Work
Jr. Network Technician (Current Employee) –  Kingsville, TXApril 5, 2016
Happy to be a part of TAMUK-ITech Team
A great work experience which teaches me more about networking and communication setup inside education domain
Challenging
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kingsville, TXApril 4, 2016
Typically my job involves with lab activity, interacting with professors.
its a part-time student opportunity, hence i can not talk much bout it.
i love my job
Aggieland was One of a Kind.
Occupational Safety Inspector III (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXApril 3, 2016
More recent Years the environment became much more profit oriented and less & less about the community or employees Promoting "AGGIELAND" with one hand, dismantling it with the other. .
Very good job to learn many different techniques
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXApril 2, 2016
Allowed for wide range of application skills to be developed. Great to learn project management and product development.
Custodial services
custodial services for the student center (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXMarch 31, 2016
Custodial jobs aren't good in my opinion wherever they are . The office staff continually griped about the job being done,and other co workers on other crews didn't do their jobs and nothing was done about it . Ther pay wasn't good they had good benefits at that time but have since privatized and took them away
Pros
they once had good benefits
Cons
close to home
Texas A&M is a great place to work.
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXMarch 29, 2016
Texas A&M University is a unique American institution. The campus is friendly and inviting. While the University is perceived as conservative, it is still welcoming to people from all backgrounds.
good for phd student
Spray Cooling Heat Transfer Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXMarch 28, 2016
The living cost in College Station is very low. Their salary for phd student is OK, it is enough for your expenses if you are single. However, for students, there is no break.
Pros
low cost in College Station
Cons
no breaks
Great school to work for
Peer Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXMarch 19, 2016
Being able to help the freshman in their intro to engineering course has been a great experience. Having been where they are, I am able to help prepare them for the rest of their college careers in different engineering fields.
Productive and unstable
Business Coordinator II - Charged (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 17, 2016
Productive and unstable and for the most part management is a constant turnaround and not in the favor of employees. In the short time that I have been here I have seen two groups of administration come and go.
Pros
Its a Job
Cons
Never a dull moment
Fun, Productive and on the go!
Sports Staff (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXMarch 7, 2016
I enjoyed working with Texas A&M Intramural Sports as I am passionate about event and sport management and hope to work in another environment like that.
Work place
Military Science Instructor (ROTC) (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXMarch 6, 2016
The work place was very professional , and friendly. I enjoyed working there especially with the staff members. truly everyone was dedicated to their jobs.
Great job for college students
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMarch 5, 2016
I loved working at PPRI. Very flexible hours for college students. Excellent location on campus. I really enjoyed learning about different public policies.
Productive place to work with potential to move up
Benefits Liaison (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMarch 2, 2016
A good place to work with great benefits. Lots of opportunity to learn and advance. Good job security. The university promotes incentives for workers to stay healthy and well. You get to know the students within your department.

4.4