Texas A&M University Employee Reviews in United States

Good place to learn new things and improve
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJuly 21, 2016
Learned and mastered a bunch of Laboratory techniques. Improved problem solving skills. Good place to work and discuss new projects in Science. Weekly lab meetings are helpful to get a track of project progress.
Job Opportunity and advancement limited
Professional Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 16, 2016
My passion is promoting good reading skills with every content and discipline. At TAMUCC my role was one of leadership and teaching. However, my salary was not commiserate with my role. For the past four years, I have completed a full time role with the same salary. I am looking for opportunity to serve and the opportunity to advance.
Pros
medical and dental insurance
Cons
schedules and morale of department
work
CASCADE Project Mentor (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJuly 11, 2016
organized and laid back environment.
flexible work hours.
management was laid back and work consisted of meeting with other students for a couple of hours.
Great place to work.
Jones Auditorium Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJuly 10, 2016
I enjoyed working here while I was attending college there. It was a flexible job that allowed me to go to school full time. I would recommend the job to anyone.
good place
Academic Tutor (Current Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJuly 10, 2016
its a honor to work with this team and organisation it helps me to learn professional skills and gives a quality of dealing critical situattions with confidence
Productive and excellent workplace
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJuly 6, 2016
Great place to learn about Spatial Science. The atmosphere was great and the faculty and student all helped each other in the department to work on projects.
Fun Workplace
Help Desk Support (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJuly 5, 2016
Great place to make money and study at the same time. Met many different people from different countries. I was able to learn how to troubleshoot other peoples problems very quickly.
teaching students is a rewarding job
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 30, 2016
having been involved with TAMU as both a student and an employee over the last 17 years I can say students are treated much better than employees. If you are looking for a well paying job with a company that respects it's employees as human beings and individuals, keep looking.

If you are looking for a university as a student, it is an outstanding facility.
Pros
students
Cons
work to pay ratio
Student Job
Student Technician (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 28, 2016
Typical day involved checking internal error system to see if anyone had posted any tickets for IT problems. Checking with the administrative assistance to see if their computers were acting up. Repairing any simple problems( computer wont turn on, printer is acting up, mouse won't respond) and filling out tickets to the system administrators for major issues.
I learned that even the most brilliant minds in the world can have problems fixing the simplest of issues.
Management was good. They knew that this was a student position so they would have to deal with people reading or doing homework when there was downtime.
The hardest part of the job was translating broken English (there were many foreign students who first or even second language was not English) into something that made sense so we could find the problem and fix it.
The best part was actually meeting and talking to all these individuals from around the world and helping them.
Pros
worked around busy student schedule, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Angry professors who did not tolerate any dawdling
Graduate Researcher
Graduate Researcher (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 27, 2016
It was not very structure and unprofessional at times. Some of the PI were not always there, and provided little to no instructions to their students.
great place to work and also learn new things
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJune 26, 2016
getting new change requests from the professor and developing them. I have learned lot of new concepts while working and also got a chance to implement the ones taught to me in class.
Prolific and charged up enviroment to work
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJune 20, 2016
Fun to work here, all staffs are helpful, great learning scopes, helps to build your career strong. You can learn new things. Energetic enviroment.
Diversity, Health and safety
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJune 16, 2016
Texas A&M University is very diverse, you get to meet people form other countries and states and learn about how they do things different and how they are adjusting to Texas A&M University.
The health and wellness center plays an important role in the campus development . The profs here are helpful and encourage students to get into research to improve their resumes for the future.
Productive Research Work
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  KingsvilleJune 9, 2016
Professional and Research Experience working under professor is fun and informative to ramp up your capabilities Research on growing trends add to skill sent. good facilities and work environment
Whoop!
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 8, 2016
Very friendly and safe environment where you could tell the supervisors and deans truly cared about every employee at the university. I thoroughly enjoyed working with the aggies at TAMU.
good
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJune 7, 2016
It s a great university where we get to meet a lot of individuals with a lot different cultures attitude and ideas where we get to see a lot different things and also learn
good institution overall
Laboratory Instructor (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 3, 2016
overall employees are not compensated at any where near the rate of administrators. Instructors are not treated much better than graduate students.
Pros
nice campus
Cons
poor pay
Felt good helping students.
Tutor/Peer Counselor - Trio Programs (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXJune 3, 2016
This was a rewarding job but again, dependent on grants//funding for salary. I loved working with the students and when one would succeed and pass a class it was such a good feeling knowing I helped them get there. Loved this job but graduated and moved away.
Pros
fit student schedule and it was close
Cons
salary depending on funding
was one of my best jobs ever
Telecommunication Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXMay 30, 2016
Handled over 4000 phone lines at the university to include 911E, voicemail, managed one employee and 4 students and long distant phone calls. Insured capital T-1s and CS1000 was operating on a daily basis.
Pros
very loyal, hardworking individual, take job to heart, fast learner
Cons
workaholic
Enjoyed my time here
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXMay 21, 2016
Working as a student worker gave me great flexibility to focus on school, learn great work ethic, and manage my time efficiently.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texas A&M University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4