Texas A&M University

Texas A&M University Employer Reviews

Awesome management and co-workers, enjoyable work.
Helpdesk Analyst (Current Employee), Kingsville, TXMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: Late hours
A typical day at work is answering phone calls and helping people face to face. I've learned a bit about technology. Management is great and seem to really love what they do. Co-workers are always helpful and flexible with time. The hardest part of the job is not know how to solve an issue with a customer. The most enjoyable part is actually solving the issue students are facing with technology.
Cashier
Cashier (Current Employee), Commerce, TXMarch 30, 2015
Pros: fun employees, experienced managers, good hours
Cons: skeleton crew at a few hours, college kids complaining about money.
I enjoy working at the store. The fellow employees are nice and casual people. The managers know what to say and how to phrase wording so that customers are not upset. The work flow can be brainless but I enjoy rush times where I can keep shelves stocked and help customers with any and most issues that arise. I learned how to run the registers and do returns, book buy-backs and most customer service. If I can not help a customer I always ask them if they would like to talk to the manager in charge.
The hardest part is my Tuesday/Thursday's because I am upfront by myself and do not have the ability to roam the store sorting and organizing the stock. I just can stare at is and make a list of what needs to be fixed when a coworker comes in.
Excellent real world and academic integration
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Commerce, TXMarch 18, 2015
TAMU-C provided a safe environment to connect to students and worked diligently to integrate the academic and personal development for Faculty, Staff, and Students.
Standard Student Worker Position
Student Worker (Former Employee), College Station, TXMarch 18, 2015
Pros: scheduling flexibility, management
Cons: n/a
They let you study if you weren't busy. Pretty standard for any campus job for students. They gave you flexibility around your hours around your class schedule. The faculty is really friendly.
Good place to work and learn at the same time
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Kingsville, TXMarch 11, 2015
Pros: great people!
Cons: time management issues
I learned how to conduct a class in the college setting and how to balance my education with my work duties with my professor. It was sometimes hard to get in enough time to study and conduct research with the amount of work required by the professor and the maintenance of the library contained within the office.
Provide professional and exceptional service.
Acting Users Services Manager (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 9, 2015
Pros: good retirement plan.
Cons: no much room to grow up.
Attend constant calls or emails from users requesting help with their computer equipment.
Attend meetings with department heads in the search for solutions to provide the best of the technology in classrooms or conference rooms for teachers to provide a better class to the students and these become familiar with new teaching methods and new technology and new programs to be used in their future work.
Attend meetings with the Help desk staff and the Desktop computer technicians to find out their needs in their areas so they can continue providing a professional service to the users.
Attend meetings with vendors to learn from them new software or new technology that can be used at the University for the benefit of all our users and the university community in general (administrators, teachers and students) .
Productive place working as a Student but came to know a lot of things.
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Commerce, TXMarch 8, 2015
A day would start of visiting the lab and checking if any students come up for some doubt sessions, clarify their doubts, then check for any updates to be made for the university web pages. Improved my programming skills, interacting with new people. Learnt various hardware and software principles.
Research
Visiting Researcher (Former Employee), College Station, TXMarch 6, 2015
A great place for research. There are all the facilities available for advanced research and development of multinational materials.
great place to work
Teaching and Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), College StationMarch 3, 2015
Pros: friday coffee
Friendly people, great work culture.
Very structured and organized. the state of art office building. Higher Management and peers are very coperative.
Productive and great co-workers
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Commerce, TXMarch 2, 2015
Pros: good beneifits and paid holidays/sick leave/vacation.
Cons: sometimes you have to deal with unpleasant people.
Turn all copiers on before library opens. Invoiced books for payment as they came in. Balanced the Money Management Center and made the deposit. Made sure copy cards were loaded into the dispenser. Opened/sorted mail and made sure was placed in proper office mail slots. Special projects as needed.

The experience that I learned provided me with the knowledge that has been with me all through my career.

I could not have worked for any better employer.

My co-workers were like one big happy family.

Learning the accounting system took the longest to learn since I only used it once a month.

Working with all the different people.
high expectations
Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator (Former Employee), Kingsville, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: lack of advancement
Overall the place of employment was enjoyable and made lasting friendships. Learned a lot from veteran co-workers. Advancement was difficult to accomplish but was able to be done.
Great Education
Student Supervisor of Compass Group Catering (Former Employee), college stationFebruary 22, 2015
• Organized work activities and schedule for part-time student workers.
• Supervised special events at Texas A&M University, like football games and President Diner.
Great student position
Student Print Media Specialist (Former Employee), College Station, TXFebruary 17, 2015
Great position for any student looking to make a little money while in school. Very flexible with school and work environment.
Fun and Hard working surroundings
Kingsville Office of Alumni and Development Intern (Current Employee), Kingsville texasFebruary 16, 2015
There is always something new in this office to be learned the co workers are all so nice and the thing I like most about my job is that I get to interact with so many different people.
Productive and warm workplacae
Student (Current Employee), College Station, TXFebruary 16, 2015
There will not be much work over your ability and the management is very suitable for people to work and study. You will feel a little bit stressful and that could push you forward every day but not make you feel desperate.
all good. all good. all good. all good.
Tutor (Former Employee), Commerce, TXFebruary 11, 2015
allgood. allgood. allgood. all good. all good all good all good. all good. all good. all good. all good. all good. all good. all good. all good. all. all good all good.
Great!
Group Fitness Instructor, RecXercise Classes (Current Employee), College Station, TXFebruary 10, 2015
Wonderful job that encouraged and helped students grow. The people and the bosses are what made the job so wonderful! Hope to find a job that had that same passion!
great place
Student Counseling Services (Former Employee), College Station, TXFebruary 9, 2015
Great people to work with. I learned a lot from this position definitely recommended for others. Very fast pace but worth it completely.
A major university with some problems.
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), College Station, TXFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: staff tries to be helpful, works around student schedule
Cons: low pay, confusing management structure, poor inter-department communications
I worked as a student employee so I can't comment on regular employee jobs. The pay is far too low to adequately offset the cost of education there. The "student employee" health plan is exactly the same as the "student" plan. Switching from one department to another requires a whole new employee file to be created. The different departments, and even professors and staff within a department, don't seem to communicate with each other much. Nobody knows how the school's resources are distributed, who has what special equipment, or what their neighbors are working on for research. I would recommend working here only as a last resort if you can't find any other "student jobs" in town.
Part-time Student Worker
Lifeguard (Current Employee), College Station, TXFebruary 3, 2015
It was a great place to work because they worked around my class schedule. I met a lot of great people and it's fairly laid back.

1 2 3 4 5