Texas A&M University Employee Reviews in United States

landscape maintenance
LANDSCAPE CREW LEADER / SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMay 10, 2016
All aspects and facets of landscape maintenance. I was very privileged to maintain Bon-Fire Memorial. Hardest part was personnel took so much time off. Each employee missed one day a week as either sick leave or paid time off. things got scary as TAMU was at the verge of hiring SSC as contract landscapers. a lot of employees lost their jobs.
Pros
Maintaining Bon-Fire Memorial
Cons
Short employees at all times and contracted out.
Great professors. Amazing learning environment and community. One of my best opportunities so far!
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 28, 2016
As an undergraduate research assistant, you will have the option to choose professors depending on what you want to do research in. It's best if you go on the website and look up their most recent projects and publications. That should give you an idea of what they do, and hopefully it aligns with your interests.

Don't care much about the pay. If you go in with the desire to learn, and put in your own hours even beyond the required, then you'll get alot out of this. I can guarantee you that, provided you are actually passionate about the research field you are working in.
Student Worker
Sponsored Student Programs Student Worker (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 29, 2016
Great place to work as especially as a student. The International Student Services Department/Sponsored Student Programs were always very helpful and responsive if I needed any help or made a mistake. Also very happy to work with your class schedule. Always knew exactly what I needed to do and always balanced work with some relaxing time eating sweets and getting to know your fellow workers.
Custodial services
custodial services for the student center (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXMarch 31, 2016
Custodial jobs aren't good in my opinion wherever they are . The office staff continually griped about the job being done,and other co workers on other crews didn't do their jobs and nothing was done about it . Ther pay wasn't good they had good benefits at that time but have since privatized and took them away
Pros
they once had good benefits
Cons
close to home
Love it
Class Leader (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 24, 2016
I worked part-time for Texas A&M University - School of Public Health as a class leader in their Programs for Healthy Aging. I found this environment to be extremely enriching and though it helped me push myself as a leader and an independent force, it also propelled me through some barriers I thought I could not overcome.

The staff is extremely supportive and understanding. They work well with your schedule and they compensate you for all your time and hard work.

I absolutely love working for these people.
Pros
all of it
Cons
n/a
Flexible and fun
Student Worker - Veteran's Affairs Work Study (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXMay 19, 2016
The most flexible job I ever had. I was able to adjust hours to suit my needs any way I wanted: number of hours, days I worked, even times I worked. I learned a lot about tuition costs and financial aid, probably more than your average college student. I also learned specifics about VA benefits and many other veteran students.
TAMUCT is a great place to work
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXFebruary 14, 2016
TAMUCT is a great place to work. It's a growing university which is exciting and the people are very friendly. They care about the students. It is convenient to Fort Hood and Central Texas College.
My favorite part of the job is the people that I work with.

The only reason I am leaving is because my husband was offered a job out of town, otherwise, I would not want to leave.
typical IT job
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJanuary 12, 2016
friendly coworkers and great boss, instructions on what to do on the job are very direct while the day's tasks can be very flexible. typically just walked around the engineering building helping those who need help with their computers and helped with other physical tasks such as moving/repairing computers and printers and helping set up for special events such as meetings and special guests.
Pros
very easy and laid back, great group of people to work with
Cons
sometimes too easy and sometimes not enough work to do
Great work experience that allowed me to learn the different components of cyber security.
Computer Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 6, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of reviewing daily/weekly reports that were generated by our security systems. I learned how to manage a variety of software, as well as develop my interpersonal skills. Management was very understanding and flexible with my college schedule. My co-workers were great to work with. They always brought knew and exciting ways of solving problems. The hardest part of the job was creating queries for one of our security systems. The most enjoyable part of the job was collaborating with other IT departments to meet a common goal.
Pros
Flexible hours, Understanding managment
Cons
No benefits since I was a college student
productive and fun workplace
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXApril 24, 2016
I learned how to function in the office environment and provide the customer service I receive as a students to my peers.My coworkers were the staff of the college and they mentored myself and the other student workers with no discrimination against us and treated us as equals.
Depends on the person you are reporting
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJanuary 19, 2016
The administration is not very good, but the experience really depends upon under who you are working with. Since working as a research assistant, you are really not very connected to the college department, the administration should really not be an issue as long as you are not worried about payroll issues
Productive and unstable
Business Coordinator II - Charged (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 17, 2016
Productive and unstable and for the most part management is a constant turnaround and not in the favor of employees. In the short time that I have been here I have seen two groups of administration come and go.
Pros
Its a Job
Cons
Never a dull moment
Fun place to work
teaching assistant (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 11, 2016
My job was to teach a group of 31 students. I used to help them out with doubts on calculus(differentiation and integration).
I would prepare quizzes one in a week and hand it over.

The professor I used to work under was very helpful and very nice. She always believed in my teaching methods and had a lot of confidence in me.
Good place to work where you get to interact with members of the community
Graduate Assistant Researcher (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXApril 20, 2016
Easy day to day activities. Treat everyone with respect and you were able to get by pretty easily. Management was fair but would occasionally not give you a large amount of hours.
Productive place to work with potential to move up
Benefits Liaison (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMarch 2, 2016
A good place to work with great benefits. Lots of opportunity to learn and advance. Good job security. The university promotes incentives for workers to stay healthy and well. You get to know the students within your department.
Family - like atmosphere
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXFebruary 25, 2016
A typical day at work was very busy. interacted with many students. Management of the lab is awesome. also, the staff is extremely supportive and understanding. they work well with your schedule and they compensate you for all your time and hard work.
good for phd student
Spray Cooling Heat Transfer Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXMarch 28, 2016
The living cost in College Station is very low. Their salary for phd student is OK, it is enough for your expenses if you are single. However, for students, there is no break.
Pros
low cost in College Station
Cons
no breaks
Fund and productive work place.
ASSISTANT TO DEAN OF BUSINESS (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXMay 18, 2016
I enjoyed my time while working for the Dean of Business at Texas A&M University in Commerce, TX. My coworker and I were on work study so the school was paying us through financial aid and we enjoyed out time there!
Great school to work for
Peer Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXMarch 19, 2016
Being able to help the freshman in their intro to engineering course has been a great experience. Having been where they are, I am able to help prepare them for the rest of their college careers in different engineering fields.
fun in doing science
Research Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 2, 2016
design or follow project plans
perform experiments
answer questions from students and provide advices
The hardest is the hypothesis does not work and you lose your job
The most enjoyable part of the job is advance knowledge

4.4