Texas A&M University

Texas A&M University Employer Reviews

high expectations
Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator (Former Employee), Kingsville, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: lack of advancement
Overall the place of employment was enjoyable and made lasting friendships. Learned a lot from veteran co-workers. Advancement was difficult to accomplish but was able to be done.
Great Education
Student Supervisor of Compass Group Catering (Former Employee), college stationFebruary 22, 2015
• Organized work activities and schedule for part-time student workers.
• Supervised special events at Texas A&M University, like football games and President Diner.
Great student position
Student Print Media Specialist (Former Employee), College Station, TXFebruary 17, 2015
Great position for any student looking to make a little money while in school. Very flexible with school and work environment.
Fun and Hard working surroundings
Kingsville Office of Alumni and Development Intern (Current Employee), Kingsville texasFebruary 16, 2015
There is always something new in this office to be learned the co workers are all so nice and the thing I like most about my job is that I get to interact with so many different people.
Productive and warm workplacae
Student (Current Employee), College Station, TXFebruary 16, 2015
There will not be much work over your ability and the management is very suitable for people to work and study. You will feel a little bit stressful and that could push you forward every day but not make you feel desperate.
all good. all good. all good. all good.
Tutor (Former Employee), Commerce, TXFebruary 11, 2015
allgood. allgood. allgood. all good. all good all good all good. all good. all good. all good. all good. all good. all good. all good. all good. all. all good all good.
Great!
Group Fitness Instructor, RecXercise Classes (Current Employee), College Station, TXFebruary 10, 2015
Wonderful job that encouraged and helped students grow. The people and the bosses are what made the job so wonderful! Hope to find a job that had that same passion!
great place
Student Counseling Services (Former Employee), College Station, TXFebruary 9, 2015
Great people to work with. I learned a lot from this position definitely recommended for others. Very fast pace but worth it completely.
A major university with some problems.
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), College Station, TXFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: staff tries to be helpful, works around student schedule
Cons: low pay, confusing management structure, poor inter-department communications
I worked as a student employee so I can't comment on regular employee jobs. The pay is far too low to adequately offset the cost of education there. The "student employee" health plan is exactly the same as the "student" plan. Switching from one department to another requires a whole new employee file to be created. The different departments, and even professors and staff within a department, don't seem to communicate with each other much. Nobody knows how the school's resources are distributed, who has what special equipment, or what their neighbors are working on for research. I would recommend working here only as a last resort if you can't find any other "student jobs" in town.
Part-time Student Worker
Lifeguard (Current Employee), College Station, TXFebruary 3, 2015
It was a great place to work because they worked around my class schedule. I met a lot of great people and it's fairly laid back.
Outstanding and knowledgeable faculty. Immense resources. Opportunities abound if you like participating in projects outside your standard scope.
Graduate Research/Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), College Station, TXFebruary 3, 2015
I work mostly with gas discharges (plasma), and I have had opportunities to investigate plasma applications in the chemical processing of crude oil, flow control over airfoils, generation of high energy particles, thin films for medical applications, and switching kilovolts at kHz frequencies. When I am not instructing upper level undergrad labs/classes I work in my research lab where I get to use equipment such as oscilloscopes, vacuum systems, spectrometers, scanning electron microscopes, gas chromatographs, rheometers, profilometers and many other tools. Projects require knowledge of thermodynamics, transport phenomena, circuits, electromagnetics, material properties and design/fabrication techniques. A formal report/presentation is given to the research sponsors at the end of a project. In addition to research, I volunteer with the Industrial Assessment Center (IAC), which is a DOE sponsored organization that promotes energy end-use and process efficiency to small businesses. The IAC will evaluate current practices of a business and recommend financially attractive modifications. Recommendations from the visit are prepared in a report and delivered to senior level personnel.
Fun at work
Assistant Lab Technician (Computer Science Dept) (Current Employee), Kingsville, TXFebruary 2, 2015
Assembling new systems and updating applications. Installing new software whenever needed. Helping professors if they have any trouble in their system
Interesting TA experience
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), College Station, TXFebruary 1, 2015
I TAed for a Lab class this semester, I Built a compact RF system for low field MRI application: Developed Labview-based software and GUI for PC-based data acquisition and output system; Integrated with PA, LNA, RF coils, and front-end circuits; Tested with oscilloscopes and network analyzers to demonstrate functionality. Tough work but I surely learned a lot.
good environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), College Station, TXJanuary 30, 2015
good environment but slow paced
20 words 20 words 20 words 20 words 20 words 20 words 20 words
20 words 20 words 20 words 20 words 20 words 20 words
Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), College Station, TXJanuary 28, 2015
I assist Professor teach Satistical methods and provide constant mentoring and tutoring to undergrad students, so that they can better understand the core concepts.
Excellent Work Staff
Student Worker/Invoice Specialist (Current Employee), College Station, TxJanuary 22, 2015
I have enjoyed working here as a student worker. I have learned an abundant amount of things that I can take with me in my future endeavor.
Good opportunity
Graduate Assistant for Financial Aid & Scholarship (Former Employee), Commerce, TXJanuary 19, 2015
Had an amazing staff members who I enjoy working with and the enviroment was really unique and good experience with staff and students.
Productive and fun place to work
Senior Office Assistant (Former Employee), College Station, TXJanuary 9, 2015
Enjoyed mingling with the professors and students. A totally positive place to work. Everyone so nice and mannerly. Good, firm extended education.
Student research
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee), College Station, TexasJanuary 7, 2015
Great job for students flexible hours, great pay, great work, great coworkers. long hours but rewarding experience.
Working here gave me a lot of experience in an office setting.
Economics Department- Student Worker (Former Employee), College Station, TXDecember 30, 2014
I learned many office tasks such as how to create booklets and pamphlets, how to work with job market software, copy exams, fax, take messages, etc. Management was very organized and the coworkers were easy to talk to. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning various tasks that I could take with me to future jobs.

1 2 3 4 5