Texas A&M University

Texas A&M University Employee Reviews

TAMUCC Recreational sports
Group Fitness Instructor (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXMay 22, 2015
there were a lot of opportunities to teach classes throughout the day, a lot of my coworkers would help each other stay pumped up for class, the motivation was high to continue class, very helpful with improving each other
Great job to have while in college
Machinist Assistant (Current Employee), Galveston, TXMay 8, 2015
Pros: worked with class schedule
Cons: students break tools constantly
Teach and supervise students on the use of the drill press, mill, and lathe. Manage and train new student workers, maintain/repair all shop equipment, insure all safety procedures are followed, and fabricate various parts as requested by research professors.
productive work place lack of help
Animal caretaker (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 6, 2015
Pros: Benifits
Cons: Pay, parking
A typical work day starts by over seeing the animals living environment. Management is good, I think management needs to ask for our opinion about somethings relating to the work environment.
Great place to work with a variety of jobs
Student Worker (Current Employee), Commerce, TXMay 5, 2015
Although my official job title was student worker, this position provided many opportunities to learn and utilize a variety of skills from tool use to tool maintenance. I was able to become a leader in this position and serve as a representative for the department as well as the university.
Working on student's acoounts
Student Accounts (Current Employee), Texas A&M University- CommerceMay 5, 2015
Pros: Taking Breaks
Cons: Short Breaks
My typical day at TAMUC, is going to school everyday, and then going to work and getting off at 4. I have learned to speediness of the job, I have also learned to be accurate in what I do, and also when I talk to students on the phone. My co-workers are some fellow students, but also adults. They are caring, and also make the environment a nice place to be. The hardest part of my job is doing about ten different things at one time, but I know I will get my job done. The most enjoyable part of my job has to be when we all are just laughing at crazy things that we have done, or telling stories.
worked on several projects the lab was working on
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Galveston, TXMay 3, 2015
Pros: Provided me skills to work in a laboratory setting
• Aided in a study that involved the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department (TPWD), where juvenile red drum otoliths were extracted for which were used for stable isotope testing and aging. This research will be used to relate habitat characteristics to the frequency of red drum occurrence in three separate bay areas across the Gulf of Mexico.
• Participated in an early life ecology study of snapper species along the Texas coast. This study was conducted by the Fisheries Ecology lab, NOAA, and TPWD.
• Sorted and identified larval fish (swordfish, marlin, tuna, flying fish, and dolphin fish) species from nekton and bongo net tow samples.
• Identified different species of larval tuna (big eye, blue fin, yellow fin, and black fin) both visually and through running genetic tissue samples.
• Limited exposure to acoustic telemetry tracking through tagging Gulf flounder off the Galveston coastline.
Terrible
Grant Project Manager (Former Employee), College Station, TXMay 1, 2015
Would never work for this company again. No work life balance, and staff are only concerned with grant renewal, not the ethics of the project.
A place for your phd study
Research Assistant (Current Employee), College Station, TXApril 28, 2015
Texas A & M University is located at College Station, TX, and it is a quite place for your phd study. The living expense there is quite low and there are a lot of international students.
Productive and fun workplace
Department of Student Activities (Current Employee), College StationApril 28, 2015
Pros: Love working with students/people
I work with a lot of students. Working with students most days are not typical, but some of my daily task are counting the cashiers, preparing deposits, answer emails, supervising a graduate assistant, vouchering, auditing and credit card payments and reconciliations.
Place to get some knowledge in the specified field
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Kingsville, TexasApril 28, 2015
Pros: Working enviroment was good
When the production was high it was very challenging task to keep up with the requirement. I learned to manage the situation according to the time. The team was very good in which I was appointed and they were very helpful and coordinating.
Good College Job
Machine Shop Assistant (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TXApril 26, 2015
The pay is decent for university job. They work with your schedule and are willing to allow for as needed work schedule. The management is dependent upon which department you work in.
Workplace with high academic standards
Research Assistant, Surface Deformation due (Current Employee), Kingsville, TXApril 23, 2015
I am doing research on Geo-technical subjects. My current research is on hydraulic fracturing fracture geometry. The hard and enjoyable part of my research is doing finite element method analysis. The faculty and staff are very helpful and friendly.
This job provides a very stimulating environment for learning as well as professional development.
Research Associate (Current Employee), College Station, TXApril 20, 2015
A typical day of work includes mentoring graduate students, writing proposals and journal articles and managing projects. I have learned a lot in this job specifically about safety principles and developed excellent soft skills such as communicating with the teams I lead, writing and presentation skills. The most enjoyable part of my job is stimulation from doing multiple projects at one time.
Good academic environment
Research Specialist (Former Employee), College Station, TXApril 18, 2015
Pros: Relaxing and friendly working environment
Cons: Hidden politics of major management affects evaluation of employee performance
Great place for research and other academic activities. Salary range is rather low. People are nice and friendly. Wide access to education resources. great benefits
Very productive and friendly environment for students and employees
Student Assistant/Moderator (Current Employee), San Antonio TXApril 17, 2015
Typical day consisted of taking incoming call from students regarding their enrollment in the University, recording online courses, troubleshooting the software and hardware to record the classes. The most enjoyable part of the job was the flexible hours.
Great work environment
Annual Giving and Game Day Promotions Coordinator (Current Employee), Texas A&M University-KingsvilleApril 14, 2015
Raise funds for Javelina Athletics and coordinate with Javelina Club Board of Directors on certain aspects of fundraising and special events.
Life Long Lesson in Teaching
Spanish Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Modern Languages DepartmentApril 14, 2015
Teach college level students a foreign language (SPAN 102). Development and implementation of foreign language lesson plans. Assess student achievement through formal and informal testing. Instruct students on cultural aspects of the foreign language. Participate in staff development programs. Compile, maintain, and file reports, records, and other required documents. Maintain open lines of communication with students through students meetings. Incorporate technology into curriculum.
Interesting looking over old material
Grader (Former Employee), College Station, TXApril 8, 2015
Pros: Simple
Cons: Time consuming at times
Grading came to whenever I had time to grade assignment within a week of assignment submission.Professor was understanding of scheduling issues as long as he was notified and go the work done at an appropriate time.
Being around amazing people
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Kingsville, TXApril 7, 2015
Pros: I was able to do some homework for college there
Cons: None
I helped out when they needed help and run things to other areas to the college campus. The Management was very good. The most enjoyable thing about the job was that i heard old stories about the college.
Consistent through policy and curriculum change; excellent department teamwork
Academic Advisor I (Former Employee), College Station, TXApril 2, 2015
Collaborative special projects, regular communication with other units, recruitment events, host prospective students and families, provide academic counsel to students

I developed a foundational knowledge in administrative structure and process. I learned to quickly adjust to frequent changes in management.

My co-workers were excellent at the time I left. All were very productive and fun to work with.

The hardest part of the job was the seasonal work load. All work was enjoyable but not as consistent in volume; however, this gave me the opportunity to manage my work appropriately through the year.

1 2 3 4 5