Texas A&M University Employee Reviews

No Response
Chief Instructor/Test Pilot (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TX 78418June 24, 2017
My work day is my own business.
I am constantly learning.
I will not talk about my management.
Work place culture is what it is.
Things are only as hard as you make them.
I enjoy my job.
Fun and loved it!
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 23, 2017
Texas A&M is a great school and awesome to work for. I worked as a resident adviser, and would highly recommend it. Very family friendly, came out with some of the best friends I made in college, they work well with your schedule. Great opportunity for growth.
Pros
Family Friendly, Flexibility, Personal Growth
Cons
Night Shift (Duty) at least once a week
awesome
Student Services Clerk (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 23, 2017
great place to work. job security, great environment, advancement at times. student and parents interactions, events on campus and employee friendly. Great!
Pros
awesome
Excellent
Research Engineer (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 22, 2017
While I was there, the job was very good, however the pay was low. But that is expected from any University unless you are a tenure professor. Overall, excellent
Ergonomic place with fun people
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 21, 2017
Research Assistant at Texas A&M is a good opportunity to acquire experience in the research field and have interactions with the industry in wich we share knowledge
Area Maintenance Foreman, Area 4 (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 21, 2017
Very interesting workplace you never knew what challenge would come next. From floods to fires, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, carpentry painting, mechanical, welding etc. All trades
Fun place to work
INSTRUCTOR OF RECORD (Current Employee) –  Commerce, TXJune 18, 2017
As a teacher you will always learn new thing when interacting with the students. I had learned over here how to manage the time between your research vs teaching vs your regular academics. The schedule is made by the department in such a way that every thing is balanced.
Productive and fun work place
Research Assistant, Vector Ecology (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 17, 2017
Productive and fun work place, great managers willing to help you in anyway they can and understand the complexities of work life balance, great opportunity for advancement too
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Great environment
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXJune 12, 2017
Easy to work with people and management. Flexible working hours for students. The culture is very friendly and cooperative. A typical day at work would vary between departments.
The usual pressures of academia
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 5, 2017
Texas A&M was a great place to work if you've decided on a career in academia. Summers off, but that just means no income for 3 months out of the year. Salary opportunities in the private sector were far more favorable.
Great place to grow
Resident Assistant (RA) (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXJune 2, 2017
I definitely can say that working as a student staff member, I was definitely able to develop many transferable skills and also gain many opportunities for professional growth. I would highly recommend this institution to earn a degree to further your career.
Pros
Team work, relaxed working environment, leadership engagement
school environment
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 1, 2017
this is a school environment, learning is fun and interesting in this school. the learning culture is rich, while working as a Graduate assistant is a privileged, i learned a lot both as a student and a worker
Great instituion
Student (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 1, 2017
Texas A&M University is a great institution for higher education. The atmosphere, professors, and peers are amazing people to be around. I have learned so much not only through the classes that I have taken there, but also through the people that I have met in College Station, Texas.
Good Overall University
Embedded Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMay 31, 2017
Good university to work for as a student. The position in questions was for an undergraduate teaching assistant, not a full time position. Would recommend to other students.
Great College Job
ARA (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMay 27, 2017
Very flexible job, with great people. Was able to get a discounted rate on student living, while having an apartment to myself as well as a salary with flexible hours.
inspiring
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMay 23, 2017
i was just a volunteer here for an event the event was for at risk kids to them that it doesnt matter where you come from or what your skin color you are you can achieve anything if you put your mind to it,
Great atmosphere with even better people
Intramural Referee (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXMay 23, 2017
Every day that I came into work people were smiling and ready to help. My boss was also very flexible on scheduling which helped, especially in college.
Great opportunity
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXMay 20, 2017
Awesome platform for getting your feet in the academic world. Great opportunity to make connections and impact young lives. Teaching atmosphere is great.
Great Place to work
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Galveston, TXMay 19, 2017
The pay was great, Managers were very flexible in accommodating my school schedule. The managers were all very friendly and quick to acknowledge a job well done.
Friendly work place.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kingsville, TXMay 18, 2017
Gained more knowledge during the research and teaching the labs and has very friendly nature. Great and experienced professors. I learned so many new techniques and presented papers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texas A&M University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4