Texas A&M University Employee Reviews

I loved working here
Information Desk Worker (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXNovember 15, 2017
This was the best job I could've asked for the staff is great and everyone was nice. I learned to be able to talk to people one-on-one and deal with problems. The best days to work were the football game days because it was fast paced.
Pros
The staff
Great place to work...when positions are available
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Galveston, TXNovember 14, 2017
Texas A&M has numerous opportunities for students to work part time, and many of the positions have benefits. However, it is very difficult to get a full time job with the university; you basically have to be the best of the best.
Good University
Student Technician (Current Employee) –  TexasNovember 14, 2017
The environment in here is great. Managers are great. Flexible with hours, it helps a lot especially for college students. Good salary and the job is fun. Learned a lot of things here.
Temporary job
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXNovember 12, 2017
Variety of challenging projects, temporarily worked on different projects.
Work friendly environment
Lack of training, not enough resources to train people
Very good learning experience.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXNovember 10, 2017
Learning ERP for supply chain is very interesting!
It is a very cherishing experience to teach ERP to undergraduate students which helps me refine my interpersonal skills!
DLIT Engineering Internship (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXNovember 9, 2017
very productive and fun to work
International Student Advisor II (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXNovember 9, 2017
My work life at Texas A&M was a very productive one. I enjoyed my job as a whole. I feel that I learned a lot while working in that capacity. I'm just at a point where I want to do something different.
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
not much room for advance in my field
good place
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXNovember 7, 2017
it is a good place to get your degree at. great study environment. many university activities. great university culture. great professor to teach you.
Fun environment and you meet new people every day
Recreational Sports Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 6, 2017
A typical day is working a 4 hour shift either in our departments game room/ fitness center. Fun games to play, there is ping pong, different gaming systems, cards, board games and more. In the fitness center, employees check out lockers to those working out, clean equipment and enjoy new people coming in. Hardest part of the job is when its late and there are no students or faculty in our game room or fitness center because time goes by slow. Overall the people are nice and you get a lot of regulars.
Pros
fun games, new people
Cons
short shifts, low hours
Student Worker Position at Texas A&M
Vice President of Student Affairs (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXNovember 6, 2017
The typical work day was sometimes quick-paced or kind of slow depending on the time of the year. I learned how to allocate accounts, create better spreadsheets, create purchasing invoices, and so much more. The work place culture was good. The hardest part of the job was balancing work loads for 5-6 different people at a time. It was challenging and helped me find a good way to manage my time and put tasks in order from "urgency" to "whenever you get to it is fine". The most enjoyable part of my day was knowing that when I completed one of my tasks I helped take stress off of my co-workers.
Pros
People, lunches, challenges
Cons
No benefits
Productive enviorment
Custodial Manager (Current Employee) –  Commerce, TXOctober 30, 2017
Texas A&M University- Commerce is a great place to work. The people here are friendly, helpful, caring and want to see everyone being used to the best ability. This institution truly cares about their working family and strongly believes in providing the best education to enhance the future of our students.
Pros
Friendly enviorment
Cons
not much for students to do in small rural area.
Not a fan
Office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXOctober 29, 2017
The position I was in at the University was a very strange one. I was used by professors to grade their exams. My supervisor was never at work and would use me as a voicemail service to explain excuses for her absences.
It was fun and productive because of interaction with the students and nice colleagues.
Instructional Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 29, 2017
I enjoy working here because of the relaxed and creating environment. In addition, it is a nice experience interacting with the students who are in general smart and respectful. However, since it is a public school, the pay is not great.
Pros
Creating and slow environment
Cons
Low pay
Expanding my knowledge
Utility Design Coordinator (Former Employee) –  College Station, TX 77845October 28, 2017
When I applied for the job I did not know that it was more engineering based than I thought. I had to overcome a very large learning curve with learning new software and how to survey. It was hard but I was able to do it with the help of a great supervisor.
Student Worker
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXOctober 25, 2017
By far one of the easiest job that I have ever had. The managers are all very laid back and the director is not only smart but friendly. Just come to work and as long as you aren't a constant no call/ no show you will be fine.
Wonderful
Jaguar Ambassador Rep and Events Planner (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 24, 2017
Texas A&M University-San Antonio is an outstanding University and a wonderful campus to work and attend.I highly recommend this most wonderful University to attain an outstanding higher education and begin your job ready journey.
Pros
Outstanding campus and education
Cons
Great place to work,if you love college football this will be the place for you.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 24, 2017
Very Productive and a great place to work, I have reached the point of no advancement. Im looking for future advancement within my current field.The most enjoyable part of my work is attending the home football games.I woulld say the hardest part of my job would be dealing with employee issues daily.
Awesome research and an amazing boss
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 21, 2017
Our research was very interesting and we had multiple opportunities to travel for conferences. The university offers multiple travel grants for students.
Pros
Great Boss
Cons
College Station
Competitive Unpaid Dietetic Internship
Kingsville Dietetic Internship (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXOctober 20, 2017
The internship serves to provide hands-on experience for prospective Registered Dietitians. Willingness to travel is required. The program director is very nice and understanding. Overall a great experience for future RDs.
Enjoyable Experience
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 20, 2017
Working as a Teaching Assistant during graduate school offered additional experience with students. Teaching complex ideas in a way that most students can understand always gave me the most enjoyment of anything I've ever done in my career. I hope to be able to go back to teaching when I no longer desire to work in the corporate world.