Texas A&M University Employee Reviews in United States

2013 A&M Formula SAE Team, Texas A&M University (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 29, 2016
Built a race car, not a job but a project at A&M. Awesome project and would do it agian. You should go to A&M and do this project.
Technically Productive and gives a good learning experience
Graduate Research Assistant - Big Data Analytics (Current Employee) –  Commerce, TXFebruary 28, 2016
- Good Quality of education.
- Good Support from Professors and Researchers
- Support at all times of work
- Environment helps improvising work at all times
Great professors. Amazing learning environment and community. One of my best opportunities so far!
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 28, 2016
As an undergraduate research assistant, you will have the option to choose professors depending on what you want to do research in. It's best if you go on the website and look up their most recent projects and publications. That should give you an idea of what they do, and hopefully it aligns with your interests.

Don't care much about the pay. If you go in with the desire to learn, and put in your own hours even beyond the required, then you'll get alot out of this. I can guarantee you that, provided you are actually passionate about the research field you are working in.
Family - like atmosphere
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXFebruary 25, 2016
A typical day at work was very busy. interacted with many students. Management of the lab is awesome. also, the staff is extremely supportive and understanding. they work well with your schedule and they compensate you for all your time and hard work.
Love it
Class Leader (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 24, 2016
I worked part-time for Texas A&M University - School of Public Health as a class leader in their Programs for Healthy Aging. I found this environment to be extremely enriching and though it helped me push myself as a leader and an independent force, it also propelled me through some barriers I thought I could not overcome.

The staff is extremely supportive and understanding. They work well with your schedule and they compensate you for all your time and hard work.

I absolutely love working for these people.
Pros
all of it
Cons
n/a
A competitive department
GTA/Part/Full Time Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Kingsville, TXFebruary 24, 2016
The Language and Literature Department is competitive and constantly changing, so it's hard to find where you stand, but the students and many of the professors are helpful and encouraging.
Great Job
Information Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 16, 2016
Worked well with my school schedule.
Learned to use Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
Co-workers were easy to work with and we met deadlines together.
Productive and fun place
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 15, 2016
The work place is very bright with comfortable people. However, at the same time, the work setting is very productive and supportive. Lastly, the work setting has a lot of resources to support your research.
TAMUCT is a great place to work
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXFebruary 14, 2016
TAMUCT is a great place to work. It's a growing university which is exciting and the people are very friendly. They care about the students. It is convenient to Fort Hood and Central Texas College.
My favorite part of the job is the people that I work with.

The only reason I am leaving is because my husband was offered a job out of town, otherwise, I would not want to leave.
Productive and fun.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 11, 2016
The management was very professional and understanding.
Interacted with a lot of students.
Co-workers were brilliant.
Overall the job was fun and rewarding.
Good
Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Commerce, TXFebruary 8, 2016
customer services skills and good management and organizational skills. excellent work culture and most enjoyable part of job is interacting with manager, students and other staff member
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXFebruary 3, 2016
Great place to learn Elisa techniques and sample collection. Management are also professors. They are wonderful to work with.
fun in doing science
Research Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 2, 2016
design or follow project plans
perform experiments
answer questions from students and provide advices
The hardest is the hypothesis does not work and you lose your job
The most enjoyable part of the job is advance knowledge
One of the best universities.
Graduate Assistant Teaching (Former Employee) –  Petroleum EngineeringJanuary 28, 2016
Being an Aggie is one of the most cherishable achievements of my life. Texas A&M instills in us a sense of Pride, Integrity and above all a passion for excellence.
Depends on the person you are reporting
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJanuary 19, 2016
The administration is not very good, but the experience really depends upon under who you are working with. Since working as a research assistant, you are really not very connected to the college department, the administration should really not be an issue as long as you are not worried about payroll issues
great job
Custodian/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJanuary 18, 2016
I enjoy cleaning & the people I worked for.& with. worked as a team & also individualy.. very understanding management. always staying busy was a plus
Pros
easy company to work with
Your existence is a burden in their lives.
Laboratory Manager (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJanuary 13, 2016
The people are mean and rude, the classes do NOT prepare you for the real world, and the pay is TERRIBLE. Constantly bombarded with mind games and abuse. If I had a choice between going back there and leaping to my death, I'd leap to my death.
Pros
close to a bar
Cons
everything else
typical higher education environment
Program Manger (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXJanuary 12, 2016
I am not challenged to my potential. Would enjoy more contact with educational aspect. Every task is much more complicated than it needs to be.
Pros
good working conditions
Great co-workers and students
PROFESSIONAL STATISTICS TUTOR (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 12, 2016
I love statistics so this job was perfect for me. If it paid a little more and offered more hours I could have made it a career.
Pros
Helping students master statistics, helping students finish classes they may not like
Cons
not enough hours
typical IT job
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJanuary 12, 2016
friendly coworkers and great boss, instructions on what to do on the job are very direct while the day's tasks can be very flexible. typically just walked around the engineering building helping those who need help with their computers and helped with other physical tasks such as moving/repairing computers and printers and helping set up for special events such as meetings and special guests.
Pros
very easy and laid back, great group of people to work with
Cons
sometimes too easy and sometimes not enough work to do

4.4