Texas A&M University Employee Reviews in United States

was one of my best jobs ever
Telecommunication Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXMay 30, 2016
Handled over 4000 phone lines at the university to include 911E, voicemail, managed one employee and 4 students and long distant phone calls. Insured capital T-1s and CS1000 was operating on a daily basis.
Pros
very loyal, hardworking individual, take job to heart, fast learner
Cons
workaholic
Enjoyed my time here
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXMay 21, 2016
Working as a student worker gave me great flexibility to focus on school, learn great work ethic, and manage my time efficiently.
Flexible and fun
Student Worker - Veteran's Affairs Work Study (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXMay 19, 2016
The most flexible job I ever had. I was able to adjust hours to suit my needs any way I wanted: number of hours, days I worked, even times I worked. I learned a lot about tuition costs and financial aid, probably more than your average college student. I also learned specifics about VA benefits and many other veteran students.
Fund and productive work place.
ASSISTANT TO DEAN OF BUSINESS (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXMay 18, 2016
I enjoyed my time while working for the Dean of Business at Texas A&M University in Commerce, TX. My coworker and I were on work study so the school was paying us through financial aid and we enjoyed out time there!
Great Experience
Graduate Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXMay 17, 2016
It was wonderful working as a graduate assistant at Texas A&M university kingsville. I learnt many things and it changed the course of my lifer
Good school for graduate studies
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXMay 16, 2016
Grad school is sometimes difficult, but I always felt supported by the coordinators. I always enjoyed being a teaching assistant (TA), but I think I spent too much time being a TA.
Amazing
Peer Mentor (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXMay 16, 2016
Great enviornment with some of the best people you could imagine. People here are brilliant and care a lot about making their job a better place in quality and enjoyment.
TAMU Research Tech
Research Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMay 16, 2016
I had an overall positive experience as a research tech at TAMU. It was however a dead end position with no opportunity of advancement.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
No upward mobility, temporary
Gig 'em Aggies
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXMay 15, 2016
Nice and fun place to work and doing research with students. Stimulating environment and really friendly community. Amazing campus.
Awesome team!
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 10, 2016
I learned so much working as an interviewer. And working with my team made me see them not just as co-workers but as mentors and friends.
landscape maintenance
LANDSCAPE CREW LEADER / SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMay 10, 2016
All aspects and facets of landscape maintenance. I was very privileged to maintain Bon-Fire Memorial. Hardest part was personnel took so much time off. Each employee missed one day a week as either sick leave or paid time off. things got scary as TAMU was at the verge of hiring SSC as contract landscapers. a lot of employees lost their jobs.
Pros
Maintaining Bon-Fire Memorial
Cons
Short employees at all times and contracted out.
Engaging environment focused on student success
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 26, 2016
Satisfying and relaxed work environment that provided me with experiences in academic research, community outreach, and health education.
Great Opportunities
Student Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXApril 26, 2016
The typical day at work involves answering questions from various visitors in the office, including faculty/staff members, students and regular campus visitors. The typical day involves daily tasks, such as checking in and out keys, taking deliveries, logging hours, updating spreadsheets, answering the phone and general questions from individuals who stop by the office. I have learned through my experience at Texas A&M University- Commerce, how to work with people on a day to day basis, how to be independent and organized. I've learned how to work with systems like Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. I have great co-workers and since I'm the oldest student worker in the office it is my duty to teach them how to do things around the office and also teach them about office procedures. The hardest part of my job is at times it can be overwhelming, but I prioritize what needs to be done and get it taken care of. My favorite part of my position at TAMU-C is getting to work with other people and being able to interact with so many people that walk into the office.
Pros
Great office environment, great people, learning opportunity
productive and fun workplace
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXApril 24, 2016
I learned how to function in the office environment and provide the customer service I receive as a students to my peers.My coworkers were the staff of the college and they mentored myself and the other student workers with no discrimination against us and treated us as equals.
Good place to work where you get to interact with members of the community
Graduate Assistant Researcher (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXApril 20, 2016
Easy day to day activities. Treat everyone with respect and you were able to get by pretty easily. Management was fair but would occasionally not give you a large amount of hours.
great university
Horticultural Orderly (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXApril 13, 2016
hands on. great teachers. love the town. the people are awesome very helpful I loved it. they teach one by one friendly love going every day I took horticultural and sociology
Working with Students
Records Associate (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXApril 11, 2016
I really enjoyed working with Texas A&M University-Central Texas.
My favorite part was being able to help students with any registration problems and questions. It was a very nice environment. Been able to work independent.
productive and fun
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXApril 6, 2016
As a Event Coordinator, the job duties were fun and productive. This position entailed many job duties and to be multi-task oriented.
Techie Place to Work on wid fun, Education, Work
Jr. Network Technician (Current Employee) –  Kingsville, TXApril 5, 2016
Happy to be a part of TAMUK-ITech Team
A great work experience which teaches me more about networking and communication setup inside education domain
Challenging
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kingsville, TXApril 4, 2016
Typically my job involves with lab activity, interacting with professors.
its a part-time student opportunity, hence i can not talk much bout it.
i love my job