Texas A&M University Employee Reviews

Better Communication
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJanuary 27, 2017
• Designed and produced autonomous robot that followed path, extracted and transported bin to drop off point using LEGO Mindstorms kit
• Designed and produced robot to sort marbles by color, size and material using LEGO Mindstorms kit
• Gained experience working with LabVIEW and working within a team setting
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  TXJanuary 27, 2017
Nice people, friendly environment. I don't really have anything negative to say. I worked multiple work-study jobs at this location and I learned a lot while developing connections here.
Excellent work culture and always had new things to learn.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJanuary 27, 2017
Had to do computer simulations all the time, design atoms then make them into molecules and ultimately the whole material that we would conduct the analysis on.
It was an amazing experience and opened up various parts of my mind on how amazingly softwares can be and how codes can mean what they mean.
Poor working environment at Political science department
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJanuary 26, 2017
Professors are worried more about their achievements than the impact their work has on important education/economic/management policies, especially in regards to marginalized communities. Race and ethnicity is used as a gold mine for easy publications, but very few of the professors care about those communities.
Pros
great networks
Cons
alienating for students/workers of color
Different Environment
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJanuary 25, 2017
The University has changed from a Privately operated department under University control to a Contracted Company that now operates all dining facilities.
Intellectual and laid back environment
Lab/Field Technician (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJanuary 23, 2017
I enjoyed the job. I gained valuable knowledge and experience. There were many projects covering many different areas of agriculture and environmental research. I seek to obtain a job related to these fields.
Pros
Breaks taken of my choice, Lunches sometimes included
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJanuary 19, 2017
Taught undergraduate students and conducted assessments in thermal engineering. Responsible for assisting experiments in physics lab for undergraduate.
fun to work
Grading Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJanuary 19, 2017
Had great interaction with students;
everyday is a new experience.
Working at TAMUK has developed various changes in self like improving confidence and self esteem .
Good job for a student
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJanuary 16, 2017
Basic preventative maintenance supervised by somewhat competent senior mechanics. Days can be boring at times but it wasn't all bad.
Pros
Low stress
Cons
Unexciting
productive and fun working with students and alumni
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXJanuary 14, 2017
easy going environment. Loved working with the students and alumns. Assisted with different events the alumni office sponsored. Acted as office manager in the absence of the director and/or Assistant Director.
Pros
low stress environment, good benefits, fun co-workers
Cons
good
Data Analyst inter (Current Employee) –  Commerce, TXJanuary 9, 2017
jhdh

i think and feel that it is a very good place to work.

ok
Pros
time
Cons
time
Productive environment
Graduate Assistant Women's Tennis Coach (Current Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJanuary 6, 2017
I loved working for the Athletic Department. Co workers are very nice and helpful. You also receive benefits, and you are able to gain experience for future employments.
TEEX Associate Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXJanuary 6, 2017
Fantastic facility. Meeting people from all over the world is always intriguing. Co-workers are mostly old white men. Promotions are tough to get. Management can be overbearing at times.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
all old people
Great company
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXJanuary 3, 2017
Great company with great staff. The management is very understanding and helpful. Overall great place to work. I made some life-long friends during my time here.
Amazing Experience
Director of Alumni & Development (Current Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJanuary 3, 2017
Working at A&M-Kingsville has allowed room for advancement within the University.
Work days varied depending on the time of year.
Leadership under Dr. Tallant were all solid to work for and with.
The hardest part of the job was wearing many hats, but gave me the opportunity to be diverese.
Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXDecember 31, 2016
Teaching at a 4-year university was fantastic for my experience level. Since I only have a bachelor's degree, requested jobs assignments and advancement went to other co-workers.
Pros
Discount on school
Cons
No advancement possibility.
Fun place to work
Operations Crew Person (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 28, 2016
Learned a lot and met a lot of good and fun people. Did a lot of work regarding information technology, including troubleshooting laptops and projectors and working with network cables and audio/video interfaces.
Flexible work environment
Graduate Student Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXDecember 27, 2016
The experience of the best three months of my work can't be described. These three months taught me the value of time and money. I worked with my professor during this research experience. Report on the research topic has to be submitted by me every week. I can work on the research whenever I want to that is the best part of my job.
Profound Campus Cultural
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXDecember 25, 2016
We have nice campus environment, and profound cultural. Faculty are professional and friendly. So happy to work here and gain knowledge at the same time.
My best day is when objective was made.
Student (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXDecember 17, 2016
As a student, the best day is the day that I got all my lessons with feedback.
I learned that good management is a prelude to success.My others co-students who work hard find it easier to succeed.
The hardest part of the job is when students do not cooperate in team. But the most enjoyable is when team work is implemented based on needs of the students.
Pros
Love cooperative students.
Cons
Hate uncooperative students.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texas A&M University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4