Texas A&M University Employee Reviews

Great place to learn
Assistant Lecturer (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXDecember 6, 2016
Started my college teaching there while going to school. Nothing but good things to say. Great place to learn and had a great Chair who was very supportive.
Supportive, good working environment
Teaching and Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 29, 2016
I enjoyed working at the University. It has a supportive, good working environment. The University is attracting more and more students and increasing its academic ranking.
excellent university for master's.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXNovember 28, 2016
The teaching here is outstanding. I totally recommend this university to all my friends and family. I was a graduated assistant for 2 semesters and i enjoyed my work as it was my passion.
Very calming job
Research Technician (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXNovember 16, 2016
My coworkers are great and I don't have to deal with any kind of bad customers like I did at my old job. I've learned how to deal with many machines that I didn't know before and I've learned a lot about genetics.
Great opportunity to work while studying
Student Worker-Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXNovember 15, 2016
Flexible timings and helped to learn how to balance work and studies simultaneously. Taught me that working and learning should always go hand in hand and learning is never ending process.
Great Workplace!
Student Employee (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXNovember 15, 2016
A great place to work.
Always treated with respect.
All workers conduct themselves in a professional manner.
Work hours very flexible.
Coworkers very easy to get along with.
Great co-workers, no advancement
Computer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXNovember 14, 2016
I'm an IT tech at TAMU CVM, and while you'll meet plenty of great people and get to see some new tech, you're not going to climb anywhere. You're not going to get trained well, and management uses the 'other duties as assigned' to give you more work. If you don't want to be overrun, don't let on that you know more than you were hired on for.
Pros
Great people to work with, benefits are good
Cons
Paid pennies for T1 helpdesk support, micromanagement with poor training
Good working environment
Physics Lab Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXNovember 12, 2016
I like working for as a physics lab Ta and it was fun teaching the student the things i learned. The staff is very supportive. The best part of the department is that it helps you learn and do stuff that you love.
Research assistant
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXNovember 10, 2016
I was working on getting my Masters at Texas A&M, was working as a research assistant. It was a satisfactory job, i was also taking courses which helped me apply fundamentals to my research.
Very Useful
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Commerce, TXNovember 7, 2016
Working at the university has taught me many skills that will be useful to me as I continue down my career path. I learned how to work with others in an environment very similar to what I will experience in other television and radio studios.
It's an okay Job
Food Court (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXNovember 2, 2016
Working for a big company is good but it has some things that could be better for everyone like some of the staff could be much nicer to co-workers ans the students.
Pros
Free food
Cons
co-workers being rude
Study environemnt, alot of educational resources to help you and other students
Kingsville - Physics Supplemental Instructor (Current Employee) –  Kingsville, TXOctober 30, 2016
You have your own class, the goal is to help the student taking physics class acquire the materials and learn. It is exactly like what professor does, with extra work because you have to explained in details. The SI leader works with the students at their level and improve it. The schedule is flexible. The job is time consuming every student has different problem and you have to help them all. Co-works are tutors and instructor, they are friendly and helpful. The best part is that you meet a lot of students and make new friends.
Pros
flixable scheduale
Cons
Take a lot of time
Very productive
Cashier/Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 27, 2016
Hard worker
Willing to help
Fast paste
Easy learner
Strong minded
Not easily. Distracted
Learn all section
Help out
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short breaks
Learned so much with excellent peers.
Graduate Research & Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 25, 2016
The team effort was the key to being successful here. I loved the camaraderie the exchange of ideas and the acknowledgement of there was much to learn. The most enjoyable part of the job was at the end of the day sharing the successes and the areas that need tweaking to implement Best Management Practices.
good working place
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kingsville, TXOctober 22, 2016
my work is to teach conduction, convection and radiation heat transfer using experimental analysis to under graduate students.

gaining knowledge in such places is high.
Friendly environment for developing our skills
Student (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXOctober 14, 2016
Did projects which are recommended and developed skills in various major areas. Understood the career needs and made my career in a way which i can develop my skills and knowledge.
Pros
Sports, Recreation etc
This is a field that requires good amounts of experience
Intensive Care Unit Technician (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 10, 2016
If you are un-expereinced and just starting out, this is not the position for you. There is numerous students and clinicians that are in and out of the ICU each hour, and you must be bold enough to know what dosages are safe, and when not to give medications.
Nice people
Student Research Intern (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 7, 2016
The university is amazing, full of friendly people and a fun-filled culture. People are ready to teach you new skills and help you out whenever they can.
I was a student researcher
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 6, 2016
I had limited exposure to the operational side of the university, but as a student I enjoyed my time there. The department I worked in could have received more funding though.
Awesome place to work
STUDENT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 1, 2016
I worked on the campus golf course before the renovations and wow it was fun to work there. The management was awesome and very flexible with student schedules.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texas A&M University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4