Texas A&M University Employee Reviews

Difficult, but worthwhile and marketable
Technician (Former Employee) –  College Station, TxSeptember 15, 2015
I learned so much from this job regarding professionalism, integrity, teamwork, focus, multitasking, prioritization, and honor.

During my time there, a lot of changes happened. Such is life. At all times, my managers were courteous and willing to answer questions. They all shared a professional demeanor; they were strict, but fair. Co-workers watched out for each other like family. The hardest part of the job is the high turnover rate for such a meticulous job. If you cannot roll with the punches, it will be difficult for you.

When in doubt, communicate with your manager. Lack of communication is the death of any relationship.
Pros
Having confidence that co-workers would have your back
Cons
High stress
Family-like Atmosphere
Financial Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 15, 2015
A typical day at work was very busy. It was always noisy due to constant re-modeling of the labs and offices. I learned a lot about state rules and regulations regarding a/p. My co-workers were great people. The hardest part of the job was being constantly interrupted, by people at my window, making deposits and payments. Most of the interruptions were due to people using me as an information center, looking for a certain office or person, when there were directories posted everywhere.
Pros
Co-workers, Benefits
Cons
Noise and interruptions
Productive, Challenging, Interesting and Fun Work place
Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Dept. of Business AnalyticsSeptember 15, 2015
Pega Systems is awesome and I would any time work here. Good work environment, best managers and architects in industry. Got to learn lot of things working with them.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
No cons
Great workplace for students.
Facility Manager's Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXSeptember 9, 2015
I've always been the handyman type, always trying to find the best and most efficient way of fixing/repairing things and this job gave me that. My boss was more than willing to teach me things i didn't know already, but was just as willing to hear what my opinion on how to resolve an issue was as well.
Great university with fantastic atmosphere
FULL-TIME STUDENT (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXSeptember 9, 2015
Enjoyed meeting with people from all walks of life while working towards similar goals in life. Wonderful campus to explore, grow, and learn about life and yourself.
work environment
Graduate Student Biology Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXSeptember 9, 2015
I really enjoyed working at the company. I came to work there with absolutely no work history. I loved that fast-paced environment.
Great place to work!
Assistant Site Manager (Former Employee) –  College Station TXSeptember 6, 2015
I loved working at A&M. They do a great job at working around your class schedule and I got to register for classes early. It was easy to get to work because it was right on campus and I could usually walk.
A thoughtful and purposeful place.
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 5, 2015
It was a typical office setting in an educational institution. Clerical duties as a student employee were not overly demanding and supervisor was willing to completely work around academic schedule. The professors were also interested in seeing the success of the student employee.
Pros
Worked with academic schedule
Cons
Student Employment
Productive place to work
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Computer ScienceSeptember 3, 2015
Great Environment. Supportive management. Great team. Good Boss. A day at work starts with a review of all outstanding for a day before.
Graduate Institution
Post-doctoral Researcher (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXAugust 31, 2015
I worked here for 11 months after finishing my PhD. Texas A&M was a wonderful environment, fast paced, and growing. It was a great time to be there.
Marketing Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXAugust 28, 2015
I really like working for A&M because it can contribute to my future career in marketing. It's a great place for students to earn money and study at the same time.
Great University!!
Senior Design Project (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXAugust 27, 2015
Studied Electrical Engineering with focus in power electronics. Course material ranged from basic electrical theory to quantum mechanics, electro-magnetics, and programming logic Learned how to think, research, organize and adapt in order to accomplish goals.
Productive work experience
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXAugust 26, 2015
It was a good learning experience for application of various medications to the horses and different tasks with encouragement from the manager. Co-workers were friendly and had good work ethic. Various things had to be done day-to-day, so nothing was ever monotonous. The hardest part of the job was fence repairs while working with the horses in general was the most enjoyable. It was a very nice student worker experience.
A reasonable job if motivated
floater (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXAugust 21, 2015
It was a good first college to start of as a new student but i did not feel positively motivated to work hard in school. It seemed more like a easy going lazy school where a lot of kids didn't know where they were heading and they were content with that feeling, i mostly was not and i knew i had to find a better academic atmosphere. I did work at the cafeteria for a month however with 19 hours of school work a part time left me very exhausted.
Pros
free meal on job, floater(did multiple jobs)
TAMUC
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Commerce, TexasAugust 18, 2015
Great place to work! Pay is suitable. Employees receive paid time off and benefits and several paid holidays. Great work environment and friendly staff.
Research
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TTXAugust 3, 2015
Typical day consisted of taking incoming call from students regarding their enrollment in the University, recording online courses, troubleshooting the software and hardware to record the classes. The most enjoyable part of the job was the flexible hours.
Great
Front End Developer (Current Employee) –  On CampusAugust 3, 2015
Great place to work, good benefits, adequate pay, close to home, nothing significant to complain about. Close to many shops for lunch, excellent coworkers.
Aggie Gateway Mentor
Aggie Gateway Mentor (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXJuly 22, 2015
In charge of coordinating incoming students to the University for an easy transition into college culture. Maintain lectures every week as well as social events throughout the semester to keep students involved. I keep tabs on students as they go through University courses as they learn how to properly study and prepare for exams. Grants me an ability to practice my vocal strengths with public speaking, which is key to the lectures provided for students.
Great place for entry-level IT experience
Office of the Provost (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJuly 15, 2015
I learned a lot of new things about the IT field and customer service. The work environment was fun and dynamic, and there was always some new technology to learn and use.
Pros
Free food, new technology, relaxed environment
Cons
minimum wage, no benefits
It has been a very good place to work.
Financial Specialist (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXJuly 8, 2015
I have enjoyed working in payroll. The people here have been amazing. I have learned so much and there was always room to learn more.

4.4