Texas A&M University Employee Reviews

Great school
Texas A&M Geoscience Program (Former Employee) –  College StationSeptember 13, 2017
I enjoyed working at this school as a student. It was a great job. I was not paid but I earned my degree. I aquired a wide variety of skills that I am now using to find my first professional job experience. Thank you Texas A&M teachers and staff.
Great Educational Environment
GRADUATE TEACHING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 13, 2017
Working as a TA was a great experience. They emphasize that your education is paramount. They are very helpful in preparing for teaching the labs and the supervisors are very approachable and helpful.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Older buildings that had AC and plumbing problems at times
Would not prefer to work there again
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXSeptember 12, 2017
the ratio of work and payment is not good
the work load on an individual is too much
the management is weak
there are no good resources
would not prefer to work there again
Balanced lifestyle
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXSeptember 12, 2017
Texas A&M is one of the leading institutions of higher education in the US. Working here is more or less a pleasant experience since they value work life balance. But salary is very low.
Great Place
Financial Practitioner I (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXSeptember 10, 2017
Great place with good vibes, makes you feel part of a close knit work community. I throughly enjoyed being a part of the work culture. Definitely recommend The University.
As a graduate, it was good
Instructor, Ocean Engineering (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXSeptember 9, 2017
It is training to be professional. As a graduate, it was good to have a teaching opportunity. However, to keep my family, the salary was not enough to take of my family.
Easy going
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXSeptember 8, 2017
The job is very dependent on the department and/or professor you get. Good place to work while at school and a good opportunity to get experience in your desired field.
Awesome University
Model Selection for Facebook stock returns (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXSeptember 7, 2017
The environment is pretty good and students and professor here are very nice and helpful. Many opportunities are offered by school for student to get in touch with career path.
A place that promotes creative thinking
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXSeptember 7, 2017
The Ecosystems Science and Management department is a great place to work for while in graduate school and accepting a post-graduate position. The ESSM department really does promote creative thinking for continuing and future research. Everyone is there to help out one another.
Fun place to work as long as you put your work first
Senior Design Project (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXSeptember 7, 2017
Learned a lot my time there. Could use some management tweaking in order to assist employees discover and remedy weaknesses to become a more productive team member. Methods of employee work evaluations could be improved to again benefit the employee and ultimately the employer. Enjoyed getting to know my fellow co-workers. Many were genuine and we wonderful team members. Would work with again given the opportunity.
Domestic work environement
Technician/Student Supervisor/Course Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnie Carter Wildlife CenterSeptember 6, 2017
Most employees are very courteous of other employees. Working part-time is difficult with no benefits, paid time off, etc. Coworkers establish a great community.
Good place to work at
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXSeptember 5, 2017
A very laid back and enjoyable place to work at while being a student at Texas A&M. Management is very mindful about classes students are taking and accommodate any studying that has to be done for student workers.
great work environment
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 4, 2017
Work was always fun.
The people i got to work with were always so enthusiastic.
We all got to be a great team. Everyone was so friendly.

Everyday i had something new to learn, for example,
each student coming needed to be guide or explained things differently. As a tutor you need to find and identify how to help the students.
Great work-life balance and benefits
Career Counselor (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 4, 2017
There was a good balance between working independently and teamwork. Attempt at professional development was fair, but there could have been more opportunity.
Nice place to work
Senior Lead Software Developer (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXSeptember 2, 2017
A typical day at work starts at 8 am and ends to 5 pm. Sometime day gets longer depending on the deadlines. The management is very good. People are really nice and cooperative at work.
Easy and Productive
Web-Developer, Marketing Communications Department (Current Employee) –  Commerce, TXSeptember 2, 2017
Worked under a fine boss who has so much talent in design and marketing skills. I've Learned a lot regarding design perspective, it was fun working under him. I've been developing websites on-campus. I've built plugins and created child themes in Wordpress. The work was not pressurized.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Future Career Advancement, Temporary Position
Very productive with opportunities for those that work for them
Full Time Student (Current Employee) –  Kingsville, TXAugust 30, 2017
A very opportunistic place that allows you to research and really learn what about what you want to do in your career. If you want it bad enough you can succeed and take with it a great deal of knowledge.
Easy but busy
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXAugust 28, 2017
I did custodial work as well as dinning services . I enjoyed the custodial work more because I was working with people but not having to interact with customers.
Excellent learning opportunity
Sports Performance Intern (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXAugust 25, 2017
Great place to work and a wealth of knowledge is at your disposal from the full time Strength Staff. This provides and excellent opportunity to develop your abilities as a strength and conditioning coach.
Selenium Automation Tester (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXAugust 18, 2017
Had a great time!!!!!!!
Challenging work!!!!!!
Great time!!!!!!
Good environment!!!!!
Great availability of resources!!!!!
Wonderful mentor!!!!!!
Efficient systems
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Adhoc requests