Texas A&M University Employee Reviews in United States

Aggieland was One of a Kind.
Occupational Safety Inspector III (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXApril 3, 2016
More recent Years the environment became much more profit oriented and less & less about the community or employees Promoting "AGGIELAND" with one hand, dismantling it with the other. .
Very good job to learn many different techniques
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXApril 2, 2016
Allowed for wide range of application skills to be developed. Great to learn project management and product development.
Custodial services
custodial services for the student center (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXMarch 31, 2016
Custodial jobs aren't good in my opinion wherever they are . The office staff continually griped about the job being done,and other co workers on other crews didn't do their jobs and nothing was done about it . Ther pay wasn't good they had good benefits at that time but have since privatized and took them away
Pros
they once had good benefits
Cons
close to home
Texas A&M is a great place to work.
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXMarch 29, 2016
Texas A&M University is a unique American institution. The campus is friendly and inviting. While the University is perceived as conservative, it is still welcoming to people from all backgrounds.
good for phd student
Spray Cooling Heat Transfer Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXMarch 28, 2016
The living cost in College Station is very low. Their salary for phd student is OK, it is enough for your expenses if you are single. However, for students, there is no break.
Pros
low cost in College Station
Cons
no breaks
Great school to work for
Peer Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXMarch 19, 2016
Being able to help the freshman in their intro to engineering course has been a great experience. Having been where they are, I am able to help prepare them for the rest of their college careers in different engineering fields.
Productive and unstable
Business Coordinator II - Charged (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 17, 2016
Productive and unstable and for the most part management is a constant turnaround and not in the favor of employees. In the short time that I have been here I have seen two groups of administration come and go.
Pros
Its a Job
Cons
Never a dull moment
Fun, Productive and on the go!
Sports Staff (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXMarch 7, 2016
I enjoyed working with Texas A&M Intramural Sports as I am passionate about event and sport management and hope to work in another environment like that.
Work place
Military Science Instructor (ROTC) (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXMarch 6, 2016
The work place was very professional , and friendly. I enjoyed working there especially with the staff members. truly everyone was dedicated to their jobs.
Great job for college students
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMarch 5, 2016
I loved working at PPRI. Very flexible hours for college students. Excellent location on campus. I really enjoyed learning about different public policies.
Productive place to work with potential to move up
Benefits Liaison (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMarch 2, 2016
A good place to work with great benefits. Lots of opportunity to learn and advance. Good job security. The university promotes incentives for workers to stay healthy and well. You get to know the students within your department.
Student Worker
Sponsored Student Programs Student Worker (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 29, 2016
Great place to work as especially as a student. The International Student Services Department/Sponsored Student Programs were always very helpful and responsive if I needed any help or made a mistake. Also very happy to work with your class schedule. Always knew exactly what I needed to do and always balanced work with some relaxing time eating sweets and getting to know your fellow workers.
2013 A&M Formula SAE Team, Texas A&M University (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 29, 2016
Built a race car, not a job but a project at A&M. Awesome project and would do it agian. You should go to A&M and do this project.
Technically Productive and gives a good learning experience
Graduate Research Assistant - Big Data Analytics (Current Employee) –  Commerce, TXFebruary 28, 2016
- Good Quality of education.
- Good Support from Professors and Researchers
- Support at all times of work
- Environment helps improvising work at all times
Great professors. Amazing learning environment and community. One of my best opportunities so far!
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 28, 2016
As an undergraduate research assistant, you will have the option to choose professors depending on what you want to do research in. It's best if you go on the website and look up their most recent projects and publications. That should give you an idea of what they do, and hopefully it aligns with your interests.

Don't care much about the pay. If you go in with the desire to learn, and put in your own hours even beyond the required, then you'll get alot out of this. I can guarantee you that, provided you are actually passionate about the research field you are working in.
Family - like atmosphere
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXFebruary 25, 2016
A typical day at work was very busy. interacted with many students. Management of the lab is awesome. also, the staff is extremely supportive and understanding. they work well with your schedule and they compensate you for all your time and hard work.
Love it
Class Leader (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 24, 2016
I worked part-time for Texas A&M University - School of Public Health as a class leader in their Programs for Healthy Aging. I found this environment to be extremely enriching and though it helped me push myself as a leader and an independent force, it also propelled me through some barriers I thought I could not overcome.

The staff is extremely supportive and understanding. They work well with your schedule and they compensate you for all your time and hard work.

I absolutely love working for these people.
Pros
all of it
Cons
n/a
A competitive department
GTA/Part/Full Time Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Kingsville, TXFebruary 24, 2016
The Language and Literature Department is competitive and constantly changing, so it's hard to find where you stand, but the students and many of the professors are helpful and encouraging.
Great Job
Information Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 16, 2016
Worked well with my school schedule.
Learned to use Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
Co-workers were easy to work with and we met deadlines together.
Productive and fun place
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 15, 2016
The work place is very bright with comfortable people. However, at the same time, the work setting is very productive and supportive. Lastly, the work setting has a lot of resources to support your research.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texas A&M University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4