Texas A&M University Employee Reviews

Great University
Dietetic Intern (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJune 25, 2015
I loved attending school at TAMUK. As a TAMUK Dietetic Intern, I completed the comprehensive didactic program of 1200 hours in the practice of: 15 weeks of clinical health care (Medical Nutrition Therapy rotations), 8 weeks of food service management, and 7 weeks of community nutrition. The TAMUK-Dietetic Internship’s focus is in Medical Nutrition Therapy, and thus the majority of my experience was spent in multiple hospital settings using critical thinking skills to assess patients and to make nutrition-related decisions to deliver the best patient care. I provided patient education, assessments and consultations to a wide range of patients with a variety of health care conditions. I developed communications skills between the healthcare team that I worked with, as well as with the South Texas, largely Hispanic, population located near the American-Mexican border.
Reason for leaving: Completed my dietetic internship.
Great place to work, wonderful benefits and many opportunities to grow and learn.
Assistant Travel Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 18, 2015
Typical day at work is reviewing and processing reports as well as answering phone calls, responding to emails and assisting those who walk-in the office with questions. I have learned to multi-task and and complete high priority assignments as required by policy and/or supervisor request. Management is supportive of development and growth, many opportunities for training. I love the people I work with, hardworking and honest co-workers.
Pros
Great Hours
Cons
Small Offices
Rewarding program development
Director of Texas A&M Engineering Academies (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 16, 2015
A typical day at work includes faculty, staff and student relations, program and process development, strategic planning and metric development for reporting purposes. Data-driven decisions were used to improve company programs and processes.
Pros
Development of an economic pathway to an Engineering degree
Cons
Little to no work/life balance, no administrative or program support
A Wonderful Place to Work
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Corpus ChristiJune 11, 2015
TAMUCC is a wonderful place to work for. They have great benefit package. It is wonderful to be able to help the students continue their education.
Work and fun place
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJune 10, 2015
The best place to work as it was my school too. It was the best day when it was my colleagues birthday, everyone enjoyed to the fullest. Everyone made a special dish at lunch and arranged fun activities. Here, I learned to manage the situations in a good way. My co-workers were very polite and helpful, they used to guide me if I was going wrong in any situation. I got the confidence and judgement skills with their help. I used to teach the undergraduate students and help them with their homeworks/assignments. I even helped them to accomplish in their projects (which was tough part, as I need to learn all the basics of their projects and learn the skills according to it). But, still I enjoyed it a lot and enhanced my knowledge too.
Pros
Great food and ambience
The Best Job I had!
Head Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJune 9, 2015
Working with several people within the department, working with other departments on campus, and interating with the residents on a daily basis. Obtaining a job on campus was an awesome choice!
Pros
Meeting lifelong friends!
Cons
No Cons!
great place to work
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJune 8, 2015
learned many new things that will help find my future career. was able to inter act with various professors and learn different opinions. had a very flexible schedual
Excellent research group, but Texas is not for me.
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Spence StreetJune 6, 2015
I worked in the MESAM laboratory. It is a great research group, but Texas is not where I would like to live indefinitely. The research group is great and I hope to continue working with them in the future.
Productive and Flexible
Merit Mentor (Current Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJune 1, 2015
Working as a mentor required that I complete understood the subject that I was tutoring. Task involved helping students with homework, reviews, and projects. I learned how to communicate with students more efficiently. I learned how to motivate them to come more often for tutoring sessions. Frequent communication between co-workers and faculty was part of the job. The most difficult part was to work around some of the student's schedules. some students wanted tutoring and sometimes the mentor schedules would not work with the students. The most enjoyable part about the job was when the students would come back and thank us.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
occasional overtime to satisfy the student's needs
University work
Dietetic Intern (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXMay 26, 2015
This job let you experience what being a dietitian is like. You work independently a majority of the time but always have the supervision of a RD.
TAMUCC Recreational sports
Group Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 22, 2015
there were a lot of opportunities to teach classes throughout the day, a lot of my coworkers would help each other stay pumped up for class, the motivation was high to continue class, very helpful with improving each other
Great job to have while in college
Machinist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Galveston, TXMay 8, 2015
Teach and supervise students on the use of the drill press, mill, and lathe. Manage and train new student workers, maintain/repair all shop equipment, insure all safety procedures are followed, and fabricate various parts as requested by research professors.
Pros
worked with class schedule
Cons
students break tools constantly
productive work place lack of help
Animal caretaker (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 6, 2015
A typical work day starts by over seeing the animals living environment. Management is good, I think management needs to ask for our opinion about somethings relating to the work environment.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Pay, parking
Great place to work with a variety of jobs
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Commerce, TXMay 5, 2015
Although my official job title was student worker, this position provided many opportunities to learn and utilize a variety of skills from tool use to tool maintenance. I was able to become a leader in this position and serve as a representative for the department as well as the university.
Working on student's acoounts
Student Accounts (Current Employee) –  Texas A&M University- CommerceMay 5, 2015
My typical day at TAMUC, is going to school everyday, and then going to work and getting off at 4. I have learned to speediness of the job, I have also learned to be accurate in what I do, and also when I talk to students on the phone. My co-workers are some fellow students, but also adults. They are caring, and also make the environment a nice place to be. The hardest part of my job is doing about ten different things at one time, but I know I will get my job done. The most enjoyable part of my job has to be when we all are just laughing at crazy things that we have done, or telling stories.
Pros
Taking Breaks
Cons
Short Breaks
worked on several projects the lab was working on
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXMay 3, 2015
• Aided in a study that involved the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department (TPWD), where juvenile red drum otoliths were extracted for which were used for stable isotope testing and aging. This research will be used to relate habitat characteristics to the frequency of red drum occurrence in three separate bay areas across the Gulf of Mexico.
• Participated in an early life ecology study of snapper species along the Texas coast. This study was conducted by the Fisheries Ecology lab, NOAA, and TPWD.
• Sorted and identified larval fish (swordfish, marlin, tuna, flying fish, and dolphin fish) species from nekton and bongo net tow samples.
• Identified different species of larval tuna (big eye, blue fin, yellow fin, and black fin) both visually and through running genetic tissue samples.
• Limited exposure to acoustic telemetry tracking through tagging Gulf flounder off the Galveston coastline.
Pros
Provided me skills to work in a laboratory setting
Terrible
Grant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMay 1, 2015
Would never work for this company again. No work life balance, and staff are only concerned with grant renewal, not the ethics of the project.
A place for your phd study
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXApril 28, 2015
Texas A & M University is located at College Station, TX, and it is a quite place for your phd study. The living expense there is quite low and there are a lot of international students.
Productive and fun workplace
Department of Student Activities (Current Employee) –  College StationApril 28, 2015
I work with a lot of students. Working with students most days are not typical, but some of my daily task are counting the cashiers, preparing deposits, answer emails, supervising a graduate assistant, vouchering, auditing and credit card payments and reconciliations.
Pros
Love working with students/people
Place to get some knowledge in the specified field
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kingsville, TexasApril 28, 2015
When the production was high it was very challenging task to keep up with the requirement. I learned to manage the situation according to the time. The team was very good in which I was appointed and they were very helpful and coordinating.
Pros
Working enviroment was good

4.4