Texas A&M University

Texas A&M University Employer Reviews

Good School, good pay
Web Developer (Former Employee), ISSJanuary 27, 2014
15 $ per hour which is higher than Mc and restaurant tenor. However time is strict 20 hours a week. Job is easy just to maintain old system. They are moving to kentico CMS, so you need to learn new things.
Productive and fun place to learn
Graduate Assistant/SharePoint Developer (Current Employee), College Station, TxJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: short breaks
Even as a student employee, I get a lot of change to give my inputs on the projects. This is an amazing place to learn things.
Teaching what I learned is helpful
Lab Instructor (Former Employee), College Station, TXJanuary 22, 2014
*Supervised students to operate and maintain equipments (calliper, micrometer, height gage, etc.) for collecting data to analyse the quality
*Instructed the students to use Minitab and Excel to analyse the data

*Taught students to generate master production schedule material requirement and production order
*Helped design a manually assembly line, – more... and used the SIMIO to run the – less
Good place and environment to work
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 22, 2014
Usually the TA is responsible for giving lab lectures and homework. The working hour depends on professors. You will need certain skills and knowledge for courses. The co-workers and students are very nice but sometimes you may be assigned to a big class which has lots of students and this makes teaching and grading even harder.
No complaints
Network Analyst, TTVN-Wide Area Network (Former Employee), College Station, TXJanuary 18, 2014
It was a very laid back environment. I enjoyed traveling to customer sites.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), College Station, TXJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: the fun but professional atmosphere
I have greatly enjoyed my time working with the people at the Large Animal Hospital with the College of Veterinary Medicine with in the Texas A&M Univeristy system.
good working environment
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee), Galveston, TXJanuary 16, 2014
good working environment,
friendly people
constant training
Supportive environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), College Station, TXJanuary 15, 2014
People are generally very supportive. It is an environment that promotes a healthy work/life balance. Depending on the job, the salary/compensation is ok.
Good Place to work
Student Worker (Former Employee), College Station, TXJanuary 13, 2014
Its a very good learning experience. Cool people to work with. Very helpful and very friendly.
Great school
Orientation Leader (Former Employee), Commerce, TXJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
-As a student workers we have flexible schedules
-we also receive good training depending the department
-good mentors
Productive work environment with opportunities for collaborative tasks.
Instructional Designer (Current Employee), Killeen, TXJanuary 6, 2014
The Texas A&M University at Central Texas has offered me an abundant amount of joint work efforts on projects that only affects my department, but that can have results on other aspects of the university as well.
Excellent facilities, smart, collaborative and productive workplace
Research Assistant / Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), College Station, TXJanuary 3, 2014
Spending a year and a half working at Texas A&M while completing my masters has been a great learning experience. The challenges presented were tackled by the group of graduate students in a collaborative, supportive and persistent fashion. The management was excellent in terms of streamlining the process of each task and setting reasonable deadlines.
Graduate Assistant Researcher; Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), College Station, TXJanuary 2, 2014
Typical government job, decent pay, lots of time off. I did learn a lot of information about the area of focus that I was in.
Very good experience of graduate study
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), College Station, TXDecember 31, 2013
Have a great opportunity to learn the cutting-edge technology and the frontier science.
Enjoy assisting people reach their educational goals
Coordinator of Academic Success Program (Current Employee), Commerce, TexasDecember 24, 2013
Pros: meeting new people
I am looking for weekend work, and over holiday's. I have years of experience with animals, I have also volunteered for HSUS on several occasions. I have worked with Habit for Horses.
Productive workplace, ideal for a young engineer to evolve technical skills and become competent
Research Associate (Current Employee), Doha, DAWDecember 18, 2013
Pros: benefits, laboratory equipment
Cons: office facilities
Working in a academic field is always a good place to enhance your knowledge and abilities. The enviroment in Texas A&M in Qatar provides you with the tools you need to produce research of value
Loved working in the sports environment
Intramural Sports Official (Former Employee), Kingsville, TXDecember 17, 2013
Great place to work at while attending school. Not that many hours to conflict with school.
Great Place to work, they always have great employee activites.
Specialist II (Current Employee), College Station, TXDecember 17, 2013
Prepare admissions-related documents for intradepartmental and external routing (entities include academic colleges, academic departments, administrative departments, external entities to the university).
Coaching
Assistant Women's Basketball Coach/Lecturer (Former Employee), Kingsville, TXDecember 14, 2013
Assisted in the daily operation of the Women’s Basketball program, primary duties consisted of on court coaching, recruitment database set up and operation, budget request and film exchange and travel planning. Lecturing in 6 + credit hours in kinesiology department
Relaxed atmosphere that works efficiently as a team
Student Worker, Office of the Registrar (Current Employee), Commerce, TXDecember 3, 2013
A typical day is busy, but not to where you are choking. I have learned so much about customer service and how the University works and runs things. The management is kind and caring and my co-workers are the same. The hardest part is when the semesters start up or end and things get really busy. The most enjoyable part is being about to help students.