Texas A&M University

Texas A&M University Employer Reviews

A perfect place to develop as a scientist and teacher
Research Scientist and Lecturer (Former Employee), Commerce, TXJune 12, 2014
At Texas A&M University-Commerce, I primarily focused in doing research in areas of the theoretical nuclear physics and astrophysics. The atmosphere is wonderful as we have the world top scientists working in this department. I have occasionally taught physics classes, such as I have taught a full course on the graduate level Quantum Mechanics, served – more... as guest lectures for graduate level Theoretical Mechanics, and an undergraduate level Wave Mechanics. – less
N/A
Accountant for the Chinese Student Association (Former Employee), Commerce, TXJune 10, 2014
The hardest part of the job is to get some sponsorship from other companies to make our organization have enough money to hold activities.
Good university
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Commerce, TXJune 10, 2014
Excellence place to work. Coworkers are nice and all the professors are nice to the graduate assistant.
Property Management
Property Management Assistant-Internship (Former Employee), kingsville, txJune 5, 2014
Contacted with departments in order to ensure timely due dates.
Assisted with the annual inventory, hands on doing it.
Used to the scanner to control inventory, but also learned to do it manually.
I learned everyday something new. Any obstacle that came in, I was taught to address it the best possible.My co-worker's were always very helpful and dedicated – more... to their jobs. The hardest part of my job was dealing with a department that was rude and did not want to corporate with us, but I was taught to be patient and to address him the nicest way possible, at the end the department did what was told. – less
Great!
Histology Lab Worker (Former Employee), College Station, TXJune 4, 2014
Great place to work! Employers usually work with students. And non-student workers get good benefits.
Productive, fun and diverse environment to work in!
Community Adviser (Former Employee), Kingsville, TXJune 1, 2014
Pros: cultural diversity, professional environment
As a Community Adviser in Texas A & M University-Kingsville Residents life, I truly enjoy the culturally diverse interactions among students and faculty members. It was an environment of motivated workers and very productive. A typical day at work consisted of paper filling, escorting, answering telephone, filling mail, handling confidential and sensitive – more... information of residents as well as portraying great communication and customer service. Every little part of the job was extremely enjoyable, sometimes we had late night conflicts that we must solve to ease the residents stay and we early starts, either way, it was an enjoyable experience, especially interaction I built among students and my self. – less
Nice part-time job for full time students
Senior Caller (Former Employee), Commerce, TXMay 30, 2014
Cons: pay is minimum wage w/ maximum 16 hours/wk. each time the school is on break, the call center closes.
It's a typical call-center setting. I learned excellent customer service and receptionist skills. Management is very accommodating to students. The most enjoyable part of the job is taking part in University programs like "Homecoming Door Decorating" with your coworkers. The hardest part of the job is soliciting for donations.
Fun place to work!
Student Worker (Former Employee), Kingsville, TXMay 27, 2014
Same answers as previous:
I has to file, fax, mail, answer phone calls, take messages, maintain office area clean, prepare meeting room, make student folders and etc.
chaotic and stressful environment
Peer Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), College Station, TXMay 27, 2014
I was in charge of helping the students with their class work and grading the assignments.
The program was in transition so the expectations were not clear for anyone. The students were very lost in the class work and there was too much for them to handle at times. The grading was also to much for the TAs to handle at times along with our classwork.
Productive and fun enviornment
Student Worker - Tutor, Supplemental Instructor (Current Employee), Texarkana, TXMay 25, 2014
I have worked for Texas A&M University- Texarkana for 3 years and have loved every minute of it.
Texas A&M Review
Student Worker (Former Employee), Bryan, TXMay 22, 2014
Great company! Super easy job. Lots of down time.
Learned many hands-on, computer, and library skills.
A productive and fun workplace filled with learning by collaboration and interaction.
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Commerce, TXMay 22, 2014
My time as an employee at Texas A&M University Commerce has greatly enhanced my capabilities as an individual and professional.
Productive and encouraging work place
Research Assistant (Former Employee), College Station, TXMay 21, 2014
Was given daily tasks upon arrival to be completed. Supervisors were always available to give advise and encouragement. I synthesized homogeneous and immobilized catalysts to compare results. Multiple catalysis reactions were done with each catalyst with different solvents. My co-workers were very uplifting and reliable.
Excellent work place
College of Business Advisor (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 20, 2014
Working and managing enthusiastic and successful individuals was an everyday occurrence at Texas A&M San Antonio. The feel of home in the workplace allowed everyday to be enjoyable not only for the students but for the employees as well.
Good learning Environment
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TXMay 15, 2014
Pros: made own hours
Cons: frustrating at times
Learned more about web design and writing code while at this job than I have anywhere else.
Good benefits and work/life balance
GIS Coordinator (Current Employee), College Station, TXMay 13, 2014
All in all, the job is laid back with good life/work balance.
Great Campus
Test Proctor (Current Employee), Commerce, TXMay 13, 2014
Great classes, good students, amazing atmosphere. Really great educational institution.
Good learning place
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Former Employee), College Station, TXMay 12, 2014
Pros: learning environment
Cons: low pay, slow publication
The good thing in here is that we have enough time to learn new knowledge. The professors in here created a good environments to learn, even for postdocs.
TAMU
IT Support (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXMay 11, 2014
TAMUCC jobs are pretty easy and smooth depending on where you work
Best school in Texas
Practica (Former Employee), College Station, TXMay 10, 2014
Texas A&M University is the best school in Texas. As soon as I transferred, I knew it was the best decision I had ever made. Everyone there, faculty included, had so much pride in the school. It was contagious. I fell in love with the University immediately. It was an incredible experience.