Texas A&M University

Texas A&M University Employer Reviews

Great research environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), College Station, TXFebruary 5, 2014
Abundant funding for research
Encourages diversity
Small town but close enough to several big cities
Opportunity was given to me and I am thankful. I believe if I had not gotten hired on at the post office I could see myself advancing at TAMU.
Clerical Work (Former Employee), College Station, TXFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: comp-time, if you had to work thru lunch or late to finish a project.
Cons: depends on the projects, not enough time in the day to complete.
I must indeed say that a typical day at work was great for me as well as challenging. Over thirty years ago, my typing speed was about 80/4 and I did go to many interviews before I was hired. I learned that I could do this. Just listen, follow orders, read and can all you learn. It was at TAMU when the Apple Computers came out and one of the professors – more... would log me in and I would type and he would come and do the rest, etc.. Otherwise, I typed on a electrical type-writer or the word processor. Management were great and my co-workers were nice. In some of the offices they were somewhat older ladies, but nice. The hardest part of the job was taking control, afraid that I would fail, not realizing that is a part of life. Being confident in what I was doing and enjoying every moment of it. – less
Never get bored there..
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Kingsville, TexasFebruary 1, 2014
Working as an RA under professor's guidance. Nice Place and good motivation, lab conditions are good, Always learning something new. No problem till now.
Aggie Football
Server, Bartender (Former Employee), College Station, TXJanuary 29, 2014
I was bartending in the zone club at Aggie football games. The best seat in the house and I got paid for it! Whoop!
Good School, good pay
Web Developer (Former Employee), ISSJanuary 27, 2014
15 $ per hour which is higher than Mc and restaurant tenor. However time is strict 20 hours a week. Job is easy just to maintain old system. They are moving to kentico CMS, so you need to learn new things.
Productive and fun place to learn
Graduate Assistant/SharePoint Developer (Current Employee), College Station, TxJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: short breaks
Even as a student employee, I get a lot of change to give my inputs on the projects. This is an amazing place to learn things.
Teaching what I learned is helpful
Lab Instructor (Former Employee), College Station, TXJanuary 22, 2014
*Supervised students to operate and maintain equipments (calliper, micrometer, height gage, etc.) for collecting data to analyse the quality
*Instructed the students to use Minitab and Excel to analyse the data

*Taught students to generate master production schedule material requirement and production order
*Helped design a manually assembly line, – more... and used the SIMIO to run the – less
Good place and environment to work
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 22, 2014
Usually the TA is responsible for giving lab lectures and homework. The working hour depends on professors. You will need certain skills and knowledge for courses. The co-workers and students are very nice but sometimes you may be assigned to a big class which has lots of students and this makes teaching and grading even harder.
No complaints
Network Analyst, TTVN-Wide Area Network (Former Employee), College Station, TXJanuary 18, 2014
It was a very laid back environment. I enjoyed traveling to customer sites.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), College Station, TXJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: the fun but professional atmosphere
I have greatly enjoyed my time working with the people at the Large Animal Hospital with the College of Veterinary Medicine with in the Texas A&M Univeristy system.
good working environment
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee), Galveston, TXJanuary 16, 2014
good working environment,
friendly people
constant training
Supportive environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), College Station, TXJanuary 15, 2014
People are generally very supportive. It is an environment that promotes a healthy work/life balance. Depending on the job, the salary/compensation is ok.
Good Place to work
Student Worker (Former Employee), College Station, TXJanuary 13, 2014
Its a very good learning experience. Cool people to work with. Very helpful and very friendly.
Great school
Orientation Leader (Former Employee), Commerce, TXJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
-As a student workers we have flexible schedules
-we also receive good training depending the department
-good mentors
Productive work environment with opportunities for collaborative tasks.
Instructional Designer (Current Employee), Killeen, TXJanuary 6, 2014
The Texas A&M University at Central Texas has offered me an abundant amount of joint work efforts on projects that only affects my department, but that can have results on other aspects of the university as well.
Excellent facilities, smart, collaborative and productive workplace
Research Assistant / Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), College Station, TXJanuary 3, 2014
Spending a year and a half working at Texas A&M while completing my masters has been a great learning experience. The challenges presented were tackled by the group of graduate students in a collaborative, supportive and persistent fashion. The management was excellent in terms of streamlining the process of each task and setting reasonable deadlines.
Graduate Assistant Researcher; Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), College Station, TXJanuary 2, 2014
Typical government job, decent pay, lots of time off. I did learn a lot of information about the area of focus that I was in.
Very good experience of graduate study
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), College Station, TXDecember 31, 2013
Have a great opportunity to learn the cutting-edge technology and the frontier science.
Enjoy assisting people reach their educational goals
Coordinator of Academic Success Program (Current Employee), Commerce, TexasDecember 24, 2013
Pros: meeting new people
I am looking for weekend work, and over holiday's. I have years of experience with animals, I have also volunteered for HSUS on several occasions. I have worked with Habit for Horses.
Productive workplace, ideal for a young engineer to evolve technical skills and become competent
Research Associate (Current Employee), Doha, DAWDecember 18, 2013
Pros: benefits, laboratory equipment
Cons: office facilities
Working in a academic field is always a good place to enhance your knowledge and abilities. The enviroment in Texas A&M in Qatar provides you with the tools you need to produce research of value