Texas A&M University Employee Reviews

Profound Campus Cultural
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXDecember 25, 2016
We have nice campus environment, and profound cultural. Faculty are professional and friendly. So happy to work here and gain knowledge at the same time.
Good job for a student
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJanuary 16, 2017
Basic preventative maintenance supervised by somewhat competent senior mechanics. Days can be boring at times but it wasn't all bad.
Pros
Low stress
Cons
Unexciting
Family-like Atmosphere
Financial Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 15, 2015
A typical day at work was very busy. It was always noisy due to constant re-modeling of the labs and offices. I learned a lot about state rules and regulations regarding a/p. My co-workers were great people. The hardest part of the job was being constantly interrupted, by people at my window, making deposits and payments. Most of the interruptions were due to people using me as an information center, looking for a certain office or person, when there were directories posted everywhere.
Pros
Co-workers, Benefits
Cons
Noise and interruptions
Very calming job
Research Technician (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXNovember 16, 2016
My coworkers are great and I don't have to deal with any kind of bad customers like I did at my old job. I've learned how to deal with many machines that I didn't know before and I've learned a lot about genetics.
Good University
Student worker (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 22, 2017
Good University with advanced coursework, but unfortunately it lacks funds.

There is little funds and you can not survive as international student.
Fantastic
Adjunct (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXDecember 8, 2016
Teaching at Texas A&M University Commerce has been a fantastic experience both professionally and intellectually. Fantastic university and interesting students of all walks of life!
Fun and productive workplace
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXFebruary 8, 2017
it was a fun and productive workplace to work. the university was able to compensate for my busy schedule and allow me to work at night.
Nice people
Student Research Intern (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 7, 2016
The university is amazing, full of friendly people and a fun-filled culture. People are ready to teach you new skills and help you out whenever they can.
Research assistant
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXNovember 10, 2016
I was working on getting my Masters at Texas A&M, was working as a research assistant. It was a satisfactory job, i was also taking courses which helped me apply fundamentals to my research.
Great place to learn
Assistant Lecturer (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXDecember 6, 2016
Started my college teaching there while going to school. Nothing but good things to say. Great place to learn and had a great Chair who was very supportive.
Very productive
Cashier/Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 27, 2016
Hard worker
Willing to help
Fast paste
Easy learner
Strong minded
Not easily. Distracted
Learn all section
Help out
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short breaks
Great learning experience in regards to technology and music
Student Coordinator (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXSeptember 28, 2016
I have learned all about audio hardware, Logic Pro software, Ableton Live and Max 4 Live. It is a great on campus job. I fixed Kurzweil keyboards, recorded small ensembles, placed microphones, and mixed audio for completion of demos.
Great Workplace!
Student Employee (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXNovember 15, 2016
A great place to work.
Always treated with respect.
All workers conduct themselves in a professional manner.
Work hours very flexible.
Coworkers very easy to get along with.
It's an okay Job
Food Court (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXNovember 2, 2016
Working for a big company is good but it has some things that could be better for everyone like some of the staff could be much nicer to co-workers ans the students.
Pros
Free food
Cons
co-workers being rude
Great Job
Environmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXAugust 18, 2016
Greeting customers, cleaning and straighten, training other employees about the job and products for the customer. The co-workers and management team was extremely nice. Easy to get along with
good
Data Analyst inter (Current Employee) –  Commerce, TXJanuary 9, 2017
jhdh

i think and feel that it is a very good place to work.

ok
Pros
time
Cons
time
Good learning environment
Graduate Assistant- Research and Teaching (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXSeptember 25, 2016
Flexible working hours and cooperative professors make work very interesting. I cannot vouch for the entire university but Mays Business School is a dynamic and constructive environment to work at.
Witnessing someones dreams coming true to go to college
Senior Office Assistant/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMarch 16, 2013
Typical work day was helping prospective students with their applications by answering questions and entering their applications and reviewing applications, transcripts and other important application information
What I learned a new database, the ins/outs of the application process from the prospective student side and the admissions and records side, how to delegate,
Management team was fantastic, understanding, helpful and great teachers of life.
Co-Workers were team players to a point, but all away around great people to work with
The hardest part of my job was sending out rejection letters and explaining why when the prospective students called.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a prospective students dream come true
Pros
health benefits, prospective students
Cons
health benefits, counselors
good working place
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kingsville, TXOctober 22, 2016
my work is to teach conduction, convection and radiation heat transfer using experimental analysis to under graduate students.

gaining knowledge in such places is high.
Students who attend will receive an education to further their future endeavors.
GRADUATE TEACHER PROGRAM SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 17, 2016
Texas A&M University - San Antonio is a recently-established university within the Texas A&M University System. The Department of Education lacks the leadership and communication skills required to meet the needs of faculty, staff, and students.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texas A&M University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4