Texas A&M University Employee Reviews

Great learning experience in regards to technology and music
Student Coordinator (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXSeptember 28, 2016
I have learned all about audio hardware, Logic Pro software, Ableton Live and Max 4 Live. It is a great on campus job. I fixed Kurzweil keyboards, recorded small ensembles, placed microphones, and mixed audio for completion of demos.
Rich learning environment
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXSeptember 26, 2016
Opportunities to apply my trade in new and innovative ways were welcome and abundant. The ability to work with staff to create well designed courses for online students.
Pros
opportunities for applying Instructional Designer application were plentiful
Cons
Job security was great, but no opportunity for advancement.
work place
Baseball Camp Intern (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXSeptember 26, 2016
Fun place to work for a student. Meet a lot of people and gained a lot of experience. hardest part of the job was balancing school with work. overall great experience.
Amazing Texas A&M university,kingsville
Teaching Assistant - Physics Dept (Former Employee) –  Physics LabSeptember 26, 2016
Intellectual,clever and warm crowd.Learned how to handle students and teach a subject to the students in an simple efficient manner.
Management of the records,data calculation,books and maintaining records.
Good learning environment
Graduate Assistant- Research and Teaching (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXSeptember 25, 2016
Flexible working hours and cooperative professors make work very interesting. I cannot vouch for the entire university but Mays Business School is a dynamic and constructive environment to work at.
Place where I get to learn a lot and get a chance to interact with several professors and students to develop my understanding of various topics.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXSeptember 23, 2016
Texas A&M University is a great place to work. Professors are very considerate, allow me to take ownership of my work and implement my ideas. It is an amazing opportunity for me to explore and develop my technical and leadership skills.
Pros
Tuition Waiver
Not recommended
IT Consultant for Columbia Advisory Group (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXSeptember 22, 2016
Very poor experience. There is a self appointed kingdom consisting of a systems admin who will pick you apart and bad mouth you to your boss, and has all the warmth and empathy of a shark. He essentially runs the department.

Benefits? They begin after a YEAR of employment, if you make it that far.

Saw two guys leave before me, and I was only there for 5 months.

Worse than no support, this company was depressing and belittling to work for.

I have over 15 years experience as a Systems Administrator. It isn't my first go around.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Depressing and the survival rate is zero.
Fun and engaging work environment
Tutor (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXSeptember 20, 2016
Texas A&M offers a lot of opportunities to enhanced the college experience. The on-campus jobs are a great way to develop leadership skills, communication skills, project managment skills, etc. Working for A&M is a rewarding experience as you will be a part of a group of people that will help you become better.
Pros
You get to work with other Aggies!
Cons
Homework gets in the way but its college so develop time management skills.
Excellent academic work environment and research facilities
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXSeptember 14, 2016
I learned that as a graduate student you are not given the freedom, or even allowed, to live as an adult. Long hours with low pay.
Pros
Flexible about when I could show up to work.
Cons
low pay, long hours, not allowed freedom to live as adult
Student Worker
Mentor/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXSeptember 14, 2016
Assisted students in a variety of subjects, mainly physics and math. Hardest part is when I would get bombarded with multiple students that needed serious help.
Pros
Relaxed enviroment
Cons
Off work questions
Growing and Getting Better
HR Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXAugust 30, 2016
Texas A&M University-Texarkana is expanding its small campus and increasing the size of the student population each semester. Exciting things are happening on this campus. I recommend this university as an employer.
Work Study
Technology Support Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 29, 2016
I work as a lab assistant. I like my supervisor. She taught me new things. My co-workers are friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I can help other students.
Not interested in review
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXAugust 28, 2016
I am not interested in discussing my personal experience and other information online , even though it is for other promotional purposes.
But one thing is working at TAMUK is really good.
Great University to attend and work for
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 23, 2016
Great experience, I loved going to school here and working for the police department. Security was a great job where I met plenty of great people and interacted with the public frequently.
Grad-School program
Graduate Assistant-Teaching (Current Employee) –  Commerce, TX 75428August 19, 2016
Teaching-Assistants teach two sections of undergraduate courses while attending to their own educational responsibilities. It's a handful but very rewarding.
Great Job
Environmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXAugust 18, 2016
Greeting customers, cleaning and straighten, training other employees about the job and products for the customer. The co-workers and management team was extremely nice. Easy to get along with
Students who attend will receive an education to further their future endeavors.
GRADUATE TEACHER PROGRAM SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 17, 2016
Texas A&M University - San Antonio is a recently-established university within the Texas A&M University System. The Department of Education lacks the leadership and communication skills required to meet the needs of faculty, staff, and students.
Not a living wage
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXAugust 11, 2016
Compensation here was terrible. The system grinds out graduate students and requires so much work from them that there is no life aside from the research group that you hope you picked properly for 5 years of your life.
Great place to work and gain valuable experience
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXJuly 25, 2016
My work at Texas A&M University - Commerce was compelling and knowledgeable. The staff at the university really cares about there employees and treats them with respect and care. I definitely gained much needed research experience as well as administrative experience.
Pros
excellent staff management, free luncheons once a month, valuable experience
Cons
Work can be tedious at times
Great place for wildlife research
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJuly 25, 2016
There is a lot of flexibility and work involved. As a grad student, you need to always be committed to giving your best work efforts and finding ways to improve your professional and career skills. I have been very blessed with many opportunities to take advantage of here.
Pros
Field work, application, connections, opportunities
Cons
Long hours, hard to balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texas A&M University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4