Texas A&M University Employee Reviews

Outstanding and knowledgeable faculty. Immense resources. Opportunities abound if you like participating in projects outside your standard scope.
Graduate Research/Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), College Station, TXFebruary 3, 2015
I work mostly with gas discharges (plasma), and I have had opportunities to investigate plasma applications in the chemical processing of crude oil, flow control over airfoils, generation of high energy particles, thin films for medical applications, and switching kilovolts at kHz frequencies. When I am not instructing upper level undergrad labs/classes I work in my research lab where I get to use equipment such as oscilloscopes, vacuum systems, spectrometers, scanning electron microscopes, gas chromatographs, rheometers, profilometers and many other tools. Projects require knowledge of thermodynamics, transport phenomena, circuits, electromagnetics, material properties and design/fabrication techniques. A formal report/presentation is given to the research sponsors at the end of a project. In addition to research, I volunteer with the Industrial Assessment Center (IAC), which is a DOE sponsored organization that promotes energy end-use and process efficiency to small businesses. The IAC will evaluate current practices of a business and recommend financially attractive modifications. Recommendations from the visit are prepared in a report and delivered to senior level personnel.
Fun at work
Assistant Lab Technician (Computer Science Dept) (Current Employee), Kingsville, TXFebruary 2, 2015
Assembling new systems and updating applications. Installing new software whenever needed. Helping professors if they have any trouble in their system
Interesting TA experience
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), College Station, TXFebruary 1, 2015
I TAed for a Lab class this semester, I Built a compact RF system for low field MRI application: Developed Labview-based software and GUI for PC-based data acquisition and output system; Integrated with PA, LNA, RF coils, and front-end circuits; Tested with oscilloscopes and network analyzers to demonstrate functionality. Tough work but I surely learned a lot.
good environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), College Station, TXJanuary 30, 2015
good environment but slow paced
20 words 20 words 20 words 20 words 20 words 20 words 20 words
20 words 20 words 20 words 20 words 20 words 20 words
Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), College Station, TXJanuary 28, 2015
I assist Professor teach Satistical methods and provide constant mentoring and tutoring to undergrad students, so that they can better understand the core concepts.
Excellent Work Staff
Student Worker/Invoice Specialist (Current Employee), College Station, TxJanuary 22, 2015
I have enjoyed working here as a student worker. I have learned an abundant amount of things that I can take with me in my future endeavor.
Good opportunity
Graduate Assistant for Financial Aid & Scholarship (Former Employee), Commerce, TXJanuary 19, 2015
Had an amazing staff members who I enjoy working with and the enviroment was really unique and good experience with staff and students.
Productive and fun place to work
Senior Office Assistant (Former Employee), College Station, TXJanuary 9, 2015
Enjoyed mingling with the professors and students. A totally positive place to work. Everyone so nice and mannerly. Good, firm extended education.
Student research
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee), College Station, TexasJanuary 7, 2015
Great job for students flexible hours, great pay, great work, great coworkers. long hours but rewarding experience.
Working here gave me a lot of experience in an office setting.
Economics Department- Student Worker (Former Employee), College Station, TXDecember 30, 2014
I learned many office tasks such as how to create booklets and pamphlets, how to work with job market software, copy exams, fax, take messages, etc. Management was very organized and the coworkers were easy to talk to. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning various tasks that I could take with me to future jobs.
the best university
Graduate Lecturer and Research Assistant (Current Employee), College StationDecember 26, 2014
I came here for study. The professors are great. The students here is very nice and friendly.
Enjoyed to work under Department Chair, Mechanical Engineering in high performing labs.
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), TexasDecember 23, 2014
- Extreme busy schedule but enjoyed it
- I became more perfectionist
- Well managed labs
- Co-workers always supported each others
- To complete task in time limit with quality work
- Enjoyed to support co-workers and to discuss about latest technologies and it's implementation
productive research for clients
Research Associate (Former Employee), College Station, TXDecember 21, 2014
Pros: 40 hr week in a learning environment
Cons: job security
8 hr work day with excellent focus on daily work tasks and objectives.
developed highly focused research focused on measurable results.
co-workers comprised of mostly graduate students conducting individual research.
Lab consisted of 2 full time research associates conducting research for nonacademic clients.

delivered process design and product with cost analysis.
as with any academic job, it is dependent on outside grants.

best part: working in a highly focused research environment
Graduate Research Assistant
Kingsville, Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Kingsville, TXDecember 19, 2014
Excellent opportunity to receive a great education. The faculty and staff are very helpful!
Go Aggies
Research Assistant (Current Employee), College Station, TXDecember 18, 2014
The coursework is tense and interesting. It has good study atmosphere and everybody focuses on his/her study. Nothing else to do but to study. This uni is different from other universities.
Convient location and great co-workers
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Texas A&M University Corpus ChristiDecember 16, 2014
Pros: no supervision, easily do able
Cons: not using my skills as a finance major
A typical day working here would involve meeting in the Bay Hall 3rd level and working on my own computer.
Great people, poor management, low pay
International Student Advisor (Current Employee), College Station, TXDecember 12, 2014
I love working for Texas A&M as a whole because it is a great institution with fantastic people and kind and intelligent people.
Fun and challenging job
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee), College of Education and Human DevelopmentDecember 5, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Excellent opportunity for advancement.
Work hard and excel!
Sports
Bus Driver (Current Employee), College Station, TXDecember 2, 2014
This was not a job. This was an organization of sports meant to keep one busy.
nice school
Research Assistant (Current Employee), College Station, TXDecember 1, 2014
really enjoy the life there. I miss all the people and traditions!