Texas A&M University Employee Reviews in United States

Your existence is a burden in their lives.
Laboratory Manager (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJanuary 13, 2016
The people are mean and rude, the classes do NOT prepare you for the real world, and the pay is TERRIBLE. Constantly bombarded with mind games and abuse. If I had a choice between going back there and leaping to my death, I'd leap to my death.
Pros
close to a bar
Cons
everything else
2013 A&M Formula SAE Team, Texas A&M University (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 29, 2016
Built a race car, not a job but a project at A&M. Awesome project and would do it agian. You should go to A&M and do this project.
Good work environment with sufficient wage
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXMarch 17, 2015
Pleasant comfortable lifestyle with a lot of benefits, job security, intelligent people and above all a great learning experience!
Cons
College Station - Not a very exciting city
Great opportunity with great learning potential
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 10, 2012
I felt a great sense of importance and responsibility in my position and duties on a daily basis.
I learned a great deal about the research we were performing as well as the ins and outs of being employed in the research industry.
The hardest part in this job was learning that when working in research for a University, the advancement and compensation is dependent on receiving grants, which aometimes felt like begging for your job.
Pros
extremely interesting
Cons
compensation did not make education lev4e4l required for job
Great Job
Information Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 16, 2016
Worked well with my school schedule.
Learned to use Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
Co-workers were easy to work with and we met deadlines together.
Interesting and responsibilities are learnt at work
Teaching/ Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kingsville, TXOctober 1, 2015
Teaching profession is a responsible job where i learnt managing time with my course schedule and never let my professional life go out of my hands.
Management was supportive towards me, my work was identified and provided beneficiaries accordingly.
Working with students from different communities late nights regarding their course projects was most enjoyable part of my job.
A reasonable job if motivated
floater (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXAugust 21, 2015
It was a good first college to start of as a new student but i did not feel positively motivated to work hard in school. It seemed more like a easy going lazy school where a lot of kids didn't know where they were heading and they were content with that feeling, i mostly was not and i knew i had to find a better academic atmosphere. I did work at the cafeteria for a month however with 19 hours of school work a part time left me very exhausted.
Pros
free meal on job, floater(did multiple jobs)
One of the best universities.
Graduate Assistant Teaching (Former Employee) –  Petroleum EngineeringJanuary 28, 2016
Being an Aggie is one of the most cherishable achievements of my life. Texas A&M instills in us a sense of Pride, Integrity and above all a passion for excellence.
A work place that allows for personal and professional development and goal attainment.
Training Coordinator & Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  College Station, TexasJune 14, 2012
Through my tenure I have had the opportunity to grow as a professional and to form strategic alliances on campus as well as the local community.

This job has offered autonomy and the opportunity for me to exercise judgement and learn both from successes and failures.
Pros
ability to engage in professional development.
Cons
although the job offers a great benefit package, the compensation is limited to government boundaries.
Difficult, but worthwhile and marketable
Technician (Former Employee) –  College Station, TxSeptember 15, 2015
I learned so much from this job regarding professionalism, integrity, teamwork, focus, multitasking, prioritization, and honor.

During my time there, a lot of changes happened. Such is life. At all times, my managers were courteous and willing to answer questions. They all shared a professional demeanor; they were strict, but fair. Co-workers watched out for each other like family. The hardest part of the job is the high turnover rate for such a meticulous job. If you cannot roll with the punches, it will be difficult for you.

When in doubt, communicate with your manager. Lack of communication is the death of any relationship.
Pros
Having confidence that co-workers would have your back
Cons
High stress
Fun place to work
Institutional Research (Unpublished Manuscript) (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJanuary 3, 2016
Fantastic place to work! MAkes you feel at home! People are inspiring and collaborative and never give up on you! Dinners with professors and committee meetings were intense but were a great experience.
typical higher education environment
Program Manger (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXJanuary 12, 2016
I am not challenged to my potential. Would enjoy more contact with educational aspect. Every task is much more complicated than it needs to be.
Pros
good working conditions
A Student Centered Place
Financial Aid Assistant I (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 22, 2013
It is a typical 8-5 job with peak times in July-September and December- January. Are expected to work some Saturdays and evenings. It is awesome that you have the opportunity to cross train in this company. Most enjoyable part is being able to help students. But stay away from being involved in office politics.
Pros
professional development oppurtunities, networking, benefits, and campus activities
Cons
have to have a masters degree or work there for many years to move up.
Best public institution in the state, if not country.
Student (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJanuary 7, 2016
Most employable major in the college of engineering at least. Professional Association for Industrial Distribution (PAID) is a great networking organization.
Easy and Social
Logistics Consultant - Library System Intern (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 25, 2015
I was able to coordinate with a team of 30 students to secure library resources and provide assistance to thousands of students through out my work.
Pros
free food, sociable environment
Cons
not challenging and the management was not the best
Good working environment with lots of learning opportunities.
TA (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXNovember 4, 2015
Fun workplace and supportive management. Great learning under the supervision of senior professors. Great experience managing the undergraduate classes and labs.
Went to companies and proposed energy savings.
Texas A&M Industrial Assessment Center (Former Employee) –  Texas A&M UniversityJune 29, 2015
The IAC at Texas A&M would take weekly trips to a company and run a energy analysis on the energy loads of the company's building. I learned so much from these trips and enjoyed looking at some of the manufacturing processes and how to suggest ways in which to make the process even more efficient. Students that went on the trip would write up assessment recommendations that focused on ways for the company to save money with some of the most common recommendations being retrofitting the lighting. The team lead would then compile those assessments from all the team members and send out a report to the company within 60 days of the plant visit. I learned a lot about time management with this group.
very enjoyable place
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 11, 2015
very good faculty and a very cheap cost of of living.
fun all around the campus
lot to learn as very good subjects
lot of jobs on campus
good placement
Great academic environment
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 6, 2015
A great academic environment with an emphasis on ingenious research. Daily activities include data collection, data entry and statistical analysis. The primary investigator is the best boss ever. Co-workers are fellow graduate students who are able to combine academics with a whole lot of fun. Work is sometimes hard when we have to meet deadlines and work till late. However, working with my colleagues and my boss makes the whole experience invaluable.
Great University
Dietetic Intern (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJune 25, 2015
I loved attending school at TAMUK. As a TAMUK Dietetic Intern, I completed the comprehensive didactic program of 1200 hours in the practice of: 15 weeks of clinical health care (Medical Nutrition Therapy rotations), 8 weeks of food service management, and 7 weeks of community nutrition. The TAMUK-Dietetic Internship’s focus is in Medical Nutrition Therapy, and thus the majority of my experience was spent in multiple hospital settings using critical thinking skills to assess patients and to make nutrition-related decisions to deliver the best patient care. I provided patient education, assessments and consultations to a wide range of patients with a variety of health care conditions. I developed communications skills between the healthcare team that I worked with, as well as with the South Texas, largely Hispanic, population located near the American-Mexican border.
Reason for leaving: Completed my dietetic internship.

4.4