Texas A&M University

Texas A&M University Employer Reviews

 Teaching assistant of MEEN 260(Mechanical Measurement), Course Instructor: Prof. B.P Rasmussen
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), College Station, TXMarch 21, 2014
The job involved teaching students about the experiments, measurement methods and data acquisition techniques.
Educational and character enhancing oppurtunity
TA for Earth Science/Earth & Universe (Current Employee), Kingsville, TXMarch 18, 2014
Pros: oppurtunity
Being a TA at TAMUK has been a life changing and enjoyable experience. Cumulatively I have taught 6 labs which have progressively developed me not only as a student but as a geologist. It has made it easier to relate the knowledge I have acquired through my academic career to those with little understanding of the subject. This experience has given – more... me a greater interest in the success of my peers and those I call my students. The most enjoyable part of this job was interacting with my students and developing an individual interest in their success within their own academic fields. – less
Fantastic University
ambassador (Former Employee), College Station, TXMarch 11, 2014
Texas A&M University is a coeducational public research university located in College Station, Texas, United States and is the home of the real 12th man.
Good
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), College StationMarch 11, 2014
- Assist students in learning about information systems.
- Grade students
- Proctor examinations
teaching is enjoyable
Adjunct Professor/Laboratory Coordinator (Former Employee), Commerce TexasMarch 11, 2014
I was asked 2 part time jobs so that I would be ineligible for full time benefits.
Work Study, Nice people and Good experience.
Supervisor, Amy Manning (Former Employee), Commerce, TXMarch 6, 2014
Pros: flexible hours and the ability to work on my studies.
Cons: structure of office decorum..
My typical day at work would start out with me looking to see if we had any jobs in the in box for the professors /graduate students. After filling the jobs the next step is to check the mail and distributing it in the proper boxes. While filling the jobs I would answer the phones and transfer calls to the proper office or take messages.

Another part – more... of the job would be to do errands whether personal or professional for the supervisors.

The best part of my job would be that I was able to learn office operations and work on my course studies when the office was slow.

The hardest part of the job was that some of the professors were wanting their work done first even though they were not the most urgent orders put in. – less
Student Technician (Current Employee), College Station, TXMarch 3, 2014
Very friendly management. Learned a lot. My professor was very helpful
Productive and fun workplace
Accounting Asst III (Former Employee), College Station, TXFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: free season tickets to all the sporting events, trips to bowl games
I loved my job at A&M, We were like one big family for years. The work was challenging, I was always eager to learn more in my early years. I loved solving problems and researching issues. I was very confident in myself in these areas and could make my finding known.
Amazing
Economics Department- Student Worker (Current Employee), College Station, TXFebruary 21, 2014
I would meet with many people throughout my day and it was ever changing. No day was ever the same and that is what I love. I learned how to perform many office tasks and my communication skills have very much improved. The hardest part of the job was learning how to use the many machines. My co workers are all students which makes the atmosphere amazing. – more... The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing how everything runs and being behind the scenes is amazing. – less
State of the art facilitates
Undergraduate Student Researcher (Current Employee), College Station, TXFebruary 20, 2014
I work in the health science center at Texas A&M University, a brand new building with state of the art labs. Coworkers are nice and enjoyable to be around. Many available resources nearby.
A great place to work!
Assistant Video Coordinator - Football (Former Employee), College Station, TXFebruary 13, 2014
Cons: long hours
A great place to work even though the hours were long. The best part of the job were the people you get to work with.
A very good and friendly workplace
Graduate Research and Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Kingsville, TXFebruary 8, 2014
I am mostly doing my research work with my professor in VHDL lab. Also taking some graduate lab and projects as an research assistant. Most of my other colleagues are so friendly and accomplished researcher.
a perfect environment to learn and be focused on just work and science with no side interferences
Research Assistant (Former Employee), College Station, TXFebruary 7, 2014
it was a fun place to work. a lot of things to be learned. very friendly environment that has been motivated and supported by lab supervisor. everybody care about each other and help each other while they are deeply focused on their own job. a very productive place that every day I felt like I am learning new thing. I loved there and working in there.
Working for professors can be tough and rewarding
Undergraduate Researcher and student worker (Former Employee), College StationFebruary 6, 2014
I took care of a teaching laboratory. My main responsibilities were taking care of a number of reptiles and amphibians. This involved feeding them, watering them, and observing their overall health. I learned a tremendous amount about animal care as well as getting the job done when it needed to be done.
Great research environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), College Station, TXFebruary 5, 2014
Abundant funding for research
Encourages diversity
Small town but close enough to several big cities
Opportunity was given to me and I am thankful. I believe if I had not gotten hired on at the post office I could see myself advancing at TAMU.
Clerical Work (Former Employee), College Station, TXFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: comp-time, if you had to work thru lunch or late to finish a project.
Cons: depends on the projects, not enough time in the day to complete.
I must indeed say that a typical day at work was great for me as well as challenging. Over thirty years ago, my typing speed was about 80/4 and I did go to many interviews before I was hired. I learned that I could do this. Just listen, follow orders, read and can all you learn. It was at TAMU when the Apple Computers came out and one of the professors – more... would log me in and I would type and he would come and do the rest, etc.. Otherwise, I typed on a electrical type-writer or the word processor. Management were great and my co-workers were nice. In some of the offices they were somewhat older ladies, but nice. The hardest part of the job was taking control, afraid that I would fail, not realizing that is a part of life. Being confident in what I was doing and enjoying every moment of it. – less
Never get bored there..
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Kingsville, TexasFebruary 1, 2014
Working as an RA under professor's guidance. Nice Place and good motivation, lab conditions are good, Always learning something new. No problem till now.
Aggie Football
Server, Bartender (Former Employee), College Station, TXJanuary 29, 2014
I was bartending in the zone club at Aggie football games. The best seat in the house and I got paid for it! Whoop!
Good School, good pay
Web Developer (Former Employee), ISSJanuary 27, 2014
15 $ per hour which is higher than Mc and restaurant tenor. However time is strict 20 hours a week. Job is easy just to maintain old system. They are moving to kentico CMS, so you need to learn new things.
Productive and fun place to learn
Graduate Assistant/SharePoint Developer (Current Employee), College Station, TxJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: short breaks
Even as a student employee, I get a lot of change to give my inputs on the projects. This is an amazing place to learn things.