Texas A&M University

Texas A&M University Employer Reviews

Coaching
Assistant Women's Basketball Coach/Lecturer (Former Employee), Kingsville, TXDecember 14, 2013
Assisted in the daily operation of the Women’s Basketball program, primary duties consisted of on court coaching, recruitment database set up and operation, budget request and film exchange and travel planning. Lecturing in 6 + credit hours in kinesiology department
Relaxed atmosphere that works efficiently as a team
Student Worker, Office of the Registrar (Current Employee), Commerce, TXDecember 3, 2013
A typical day is busy, but not to where you are choking. I have learned so much about customer service and how the University works and runs things. The management is kind and caring and my co-workers are the same. The hardest part is when the semesters start up or end and things get really busy. The most enjoyable part is being about to help students.
Always repairing cars and never skip lunch
None (Former Employee), KingsvilleNovember 25, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: late night
Starts by writing invoice for part purchased and cars repaired
Assist the expert in body work of a car especially painting.
Changing the brakes is one difficult task i learn.
Oil tune up and change.
Aggie Network is second to none
Graduate Assistant/Ombudsman (Former Employee), College Station, TXNovember 22, 2013
The resources and personnel housed in this great institution make it an innovator at the collegiate level.
Convenient part-time for student
Administrative Assistant-University Services (Former Employee), corpus christi, txNovember 19, 2013
Pros: made a lot of connections with upper management
Cons: tedious, and too routine for my liking
The people I worked with were great, and helped me whenever I needed it. I basically took meter reads from every copier on campus and billed each department accordingly. I also took inventory of printers/copiers sometimes. The most enjoyable part was having my own golf cart to go around campus. The hardest part though was working outside when it was – more... 90+degrees...and when the golf cart was not available. – less
Work environment is very good with lot of scope to discuss research work with people from other departments.
Research Assistant (Current Employee), College Station, TXNovember 19, 2013
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: very hot summer
I enjoy my work and pursuing PhD at Texas A&M University. Its is a great place to be!
Great Experience
Internship - NSF REU (Former Employee), College Station, TXNovember 16, 2013
Pros: stipend, experience, networking, friendships, field trips
Cons: organization, lack of more (expected) field trips, lack of leadership
As a student just beginning my studies in Aerospace Engineering, the NSF REU Aerospace Program at Texas A&M helped me focus what I wanted to study in Aerospace Engineering.

A typical day included the attendance of a GRE and leadership workshop as well as heading to the laboratory to run tests that would be used for the final presentation.

In terms – more... of management, there were certain flaws specifically to the Aerospace department. Certain logistics were not reliable, lack of information caused many of us to have reimbursement problems, and organization of program was not there.

However with that said, the program did function well and did gain a lot of knowledge including working in the wind tunnels and running tests, to gather sample data from an observed group of people.

One of the hardest part of the job was developing the journal paper and creating the research poster. As with any presentation, a large sum of information has to be filtered and arranged so that it can be display in a coherent manner.

The most enjoyable part of the job is enjoying the off work hours with fellow co-workers, allowing us to develop friendships and networks that are still viable today. – less
Flexible Schooling time
Undergraduate Mentor (Current Employee), College Station, TXNovember 13, 2013
You can do what you like and pursue the life you dream of.
You can find what you are interested in and what kind of jobs you are willing to do, and you can know people from all kinds of fields, and establish your own network.
Texas A&M Univeristy is an honor to work for.
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee), College Station, TXNovember 6, 2013
Thru this position I worked for Texas A&M University in Austin, Texas. I worked from home and I was out in the field recruiting students from over 40 high schools to assist them with applying to Texas A&M. I was a recent college graduate and to have my first job working from home I believe it has made me a stronger candidate because I had to be self – more... motivated to insure that I was on top of everything. If my next job were to be in an office setting I would be able to perform my work duties with little supervision due to the fact that I am already an independent worker. The hardest part of my job was working with students all year knowing that not everyone would get admitted. The one thing that always made me happy was when a student thanked me for my help. – less
Productive Workplace
Articulation Specialist (Current Employee), Kingsville, TXNovember 1, 2013
Great campus setting & workplace. Assisting prospective ad current students as well as parents has been wonderful. Definitely a highly professional atmosphere with great energy.
Excellent working environment . Flexible timings help me to balance my education and work
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), College Station, TXOctober 23, 2013
Great environment with excellent management and staff
Intramural Lead Supervisor (Current Employee), College Station, TXOctober 23, 2013
This is a great job that allows you to interact with a variety of people on a day to day basis. The management and staff are excellent and tend to the needs of their employees. This job deals with customer service, conflict resolution, inventory accountability, and basic sports management duties.
Assistant Director, Scholarships & Financial Aid (Current Employee), College Station, TXOctober 23, 2013
Great place to work if you land the right job within the right department.
A Student Centered Place
Financial Aid Assistant I (Current Employee), College Station, TXOctober 22, 2013
Pros: professional development oppurtunities, networking, benefits, and campus activities
Cons: have to have a masters degree or work there for many years to move up.
It is a typical 8-5 job with peak times in July-September and December- January. Are expected to work some Saturdays and evenings. It is awesome that you have the opportunity to cross train in this company. Most enjoyable part is being able to help students. But stay away from being involved in office politics.
great integrity
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), College StationOctober 18, 2013
Texas A&M University is great for its integrity. If you're looking for a chance to shape your skills, Texas A&M University would be your choice.
it was an excellent experience
Research Associate (Former Employee), QatarOctober 14, 2013
I enjoyed working in Texas A&M at Qatar. working in research there was a very good experience. i like the Benefits, the atmosphere, the events.
Gig'em Aggies
Business Associate II (Former Employee), College Station, TXOctober 10, 2013
Texas A&M University is one of the best employers and school in the world!
Enjoyable place to Work. Great Benefits
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), College Station, TXOctober 8, 2013
Texas A&M is great place to work. it was fair and equal to all.
A good university
Research Assistant (Current Employee), College Station, TXOctober 8, 2013
A good university with ample resources available for research.
College Dream Job
Engineering Design Technician Texas A&M University (Former Employee), College Station, TXOctober 6, 2013
Excellent place to work and an excellent place to go to school.