Texas A&M University

Texas A&M University Employer Reviews

Active work place
CTS Technical Assistant (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXAugust 6, 2013
- Being responsible of the tasks.
- Working as a Team
- Being punctual.
- Being patience with customers.
Internship
Biochemistry Research Intern (Former Employee), College Station, TXAugust 4, 2013
The internship was a fully paid internship. ● Genetically analyzed trigger loop mutants necessary for gene expression.
● Worked hand-in-hand with a research professor to carry out assigned research tasks.
● Performed safety procedures before handling machines.
● Attended seminars to help improve research skills.
● Presented overall research data in – more... forms of thesis, oral presentation and poster. – less
Productive, friendly, comfortable place to work with several opportunities for advancement.
Student Worker (Current Employee), College Station, TXAugust 4, 2013
Pros: free coffee, friendly work environment, great views, trustworthy co workers
Cons: pay was same for all student workers regardless of experience or time on the job.
Working for the university has the potential for teaching anyone wonderful skills, and life lessons that will undoubtedly change a persons personality for the rest of their lives.

Everyone is very friendly and willing to help you with any issues you may come across. With so many different departments and areas of study, there is always an opportunity – more... to change employment while maintain the same location.

This is a wonderful entry-level, mid, and last job type of employer. A job for anyone and of all ages. – less
A good place to work at.
Student Worker II (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 31, 2013
Great people to work with and a wonderful atmosphere. Those 6 and half years I worked there were a breezy. Although, I didn't want to leave I believe I needed to move on to a job where I could move up on.
Good workplace for a student worker
Institutional Student Worker (Current Employee), Corpus Christi,TXJuly 26, 2013
Wonderful Environment
Admissions Clerk (Former Employee), Texarkana, TXJuly 26, 2013
Very busy, fast paced environment but lots of fun. Interesting situations and people. Great co-workers and so many opportunities on campus.
Great Learning Environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), College Station, TXJuly 11, 2013
It is a great school the professors and supportive and helpful, and provides a great education.
Very productive and healthy environment
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), College Station, TXJuly 11, 2013
I was surrounded by great mentors and professionals who helped me every step of the way and allowed me to produce exceptional work.
Grad School
Research Assistant (Former Employee), College Station, TXJuly 4, 2013
I was a grad student at this highly ranked Department of Chemistry.
Demanding but lot of opportunities to learn
Graduate Research and Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Kingsville, TXJuly 3, 2013
Friendly environment with lot of opportunity to learn new things for self development
Nice Work Environment
Student Worker (Former Employee), College Station, TXJune 27, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: low pay
I learned a lot about time management and about office etiquette. There was much to do, but they work with your class schedule very well.
Fun workplace with helpful school faculty
Teaching Assistant- Management (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJune 25, 2013
I kept electronic records for student assignments and attendance, made exam papers and helped proctor and grade exams, assisted Professor's research by retrieving documents and texts from the library and using library databases, maintained student files and helped with other office tasks as needed.

Overall, it is a good job to learn time management – more... and be a detail-oriented person. – less
I will never work here again
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Commerce, TXJune 25, 2013
Pros: there is nothing good about working for this school
Cons: too many to list
Please if you get offered a job here don't accept it! THe hours are horrible, the pay is even worse. The people in the financial aid office are rude and slow and normally don't know what they are talkinga bout.
Great experience coaching at the Division 1 college level
Student Assistant Coach (Former Employee), Corpus Chrisit, TXJune 14, 2013
Pros: traveled all over the country. free dinners. met famous baseball players
Cons: long days in hot humid weather. traveling takes a toll on the body.
Participating in all facets of the coaching job at TAMUCC was a life changing experience. I was up at 6am and home by 7pm. From doing paper work in the office, to showing new recruits the campus life, coaching baseball in Texas was great. I learned how to manage my time as well as my players' time on and off the field. I showed them a more competitive – more... way of looking at the game they love and they in return showed me the respect a young coach deserves. – less
Productive and hard working
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Kingsville, TXJune 1, 2013
Enjoyed life in Texas A&M. Learned many good things in this orgnanization.
Great part-time work
Grading Assistant (Former Employee), College Station, TXMay 30, 2013
Good work for a student taking classes. This job helps with time management as a week turnover in handing back graded assignments is expected.
Getting Better - Not Quite There Yet
Business Administrator (Current Employee), College Station, TXMay 29, 2013
Pros: job security. family friendly community.
Cons: ultra conservative environment. not for singles over 30
The university is a great place to work and it's the major employer in town. It has a huge alumni base and an almost fanatical sports fan base. It is a beautiful and constantly expanding campus surrounded by a community that is quite progressive for a small town. It is located in central Texas and is a short distance from Houston, Austin, Dallas, San – more... Antonio. Most industry in town supports the university. The College Station campus is the flagship of 9 campuses throughout the state. Not a very diverse environment. – less
EXCELENT CO TO WORK FOR
Advanced Security Officer (Former Employee), COLLAGESTATION TXMay 28, 2013
Pros: good leadership
Cons: n/a
MANY OPPORTUNITY TO ADVANCE IT WILL GIVE YOU A GOOD SEANCE TO BECOME LAW ENFORCEMENT
Productive and great customer service
FOOD SERVER (Former Employee), Kingsville, TExasMay 18, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: low increase on salary
I had to learn everything that was being offered such as serving students, making food (pizza, burgers, grilled cheese, etc.), cash register, and cleaning cafeteria. It taught me to be multi-task of being able to handle everything at once.
A good place to start
Lecturer, Department of Mechanical Engineering (Current Employee), College StationMay 13, 2013
Pros: access to campus resource
Cons: short contract
I am just a lecturer in my department. The colleague are nice and willing to help.