Texas A&M University

Texas A&M University Employer Reviews

Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), College Station, TXApril 13, 2014
My responsibilities included managing online curriculum web portal for distance learning students & managing student database.

Secured full tuition waiver for Fall 2013 semester as a part of graduate assistant-ship program.
Productive and huge learning experience
Graduate Assistant & Research Assistant (Current Employee), Kingsville, TXApril 12, 2014
Improved communication and interaction with students and staff.
Great place for an education
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), College Station, TexasApril 9, 2014
Great place for an education. Well-equipped laboratories, sufficient research funding.
Texas A&M
Assist in food preparation (Current Employee), Athletic DepartmentApril 7, 2014
Pros: getting to meet new people, being able to work the games for free
Cons: took a long time for me to advance, there are no pay raises which means that it's not salary competative
This job has helped me build my managerial work history. It is fun to work the sporting events for free and to watch some of the games, especially the football games.
IT Project Management Office (Current Employee), College StationMarch 27, 2014
Very good work environment. Nice people around. As a graduate assistant, I learned what it takes for a Project manager.
Good
Research Assistant (Current Employee), College Station, TXMarch 23, 2014
Work culture was good. Everything was ok. The professor was really encouraging. I was encouraged to explore different concepts in supply chain.
great
Graduate Student Grader (Former Employee), Kingsville, TXMarch 21, 2014
this job was easy job. But not professional. I am looking for Civil Engineering job related to my field.
 Teaching assistant of MEEN 260(Mechanical Measurement), Course Instructor: Prof. B.P Rasmussen
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), College Station, TXMarch 21, 2014
The job involved teaching students about the experiments, measurement methods and data acquisition techniques.
Educational and character enhancing oppurtunity
TA for Earth Science/Earth & Universe (Current Employee), Kingsville, TXMarch 18, 2014
Pros: oppurtunity
Being a TA at TAMUK has been a life changing and enjoyable experience. Cumulatively I have taught 6 labs which have progressively developed me not only as a student but as a geologist. It has made it easier to relate the knowledge I have acquired through my academic career to those with little understanding of the subject. This experience has given – more... me a greater interest in the success of my peers and those I call my students. The most enjoyable part of this job was interacting with my students and developing an individual interest in their success within their own academic fields. – less
Fantastic University
ambassador (Former Employee), College Station, TXMarch 11, 2014
Texas A&M University is a coeducational public research university located in College Station, Texas, United States and is the home of the real 12th man.
Good
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), College StationMarch 11, 2014
- Assist students in learning about information systems.
- Grade students
- Proctor examinations
teaching is enjoyable
Adjunct Professor/Laboratory Coordinator (Former Employee), Commerce TexasMarch 11, 2014
I was asked 2 part time jobs so that I would be ineligible for full time benefits.
Work Study, Nice people and Good experience.
Supervisor, Amy Manning (Former Employee), Commerce, TXMarch 6, 2014
Pros: flexible hours and the ability to work on my studies.
Cons: structure of office decorum..
My typical day at work would start out with me looking to see if we had any jobs in the in box for the professors /graduate students. After filling the jobs the next step is to check the mail and distributing it in the proper boxes. While filling the jobs I would answer the phones and transfer calls to the proper office or take messages.

Another part – more... of the job would be to do errands whether personal or professional for the supervisors.

The best part of my job would be that I was able to learn office operations and work on my course studies when the office was slow.

The hardest part of the job was that some of the professors were wanting their work done first even though they were not the most urgent orders put in. – less
Student Technician (Current Employee), College Station, TXMarch 3, 2014
Very friendly management. Learned a lot. My professor was very helpful
Productive and fun workplace
Accounting Asst III (Former Employee), College Station, TXFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: free season tickets to all the sporting events, trips to bowl games
I loved my job at A&M, We were like one big family for years. The work was challenging, I was always eager to learn more in my early years. I loved solving problems and researching issues. I was very confident in myself in these areas and could make my finding known.
Amazing
Economics Department- Student Worker (Current Employee), College Station, TXFebruary 21, 2014
I would meet with many people throughout my day and it was ever changing. No day was ever the same and that is what I love. I learned how to perform many office tasks and my communication skills have very much improved. The hardest part of the job was learning how to use the many machines. My co workers are all students which makes the atmosphere amazing. – more... The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing how everything runs and being behind the scenes is amazing. – less
State of the art facilitates
Undergraduate Student Researcher (Current Employee), College Station, TXFebruary 20, 2014
I work in the health science center at Texas A&M University, a brand new building with state of the art labs. Coworkers are nice and enjoyable to be around. Many available resources nearby.
A great place to work!
Assistant Video Coordinator - Football (Former Employee), College Station, TXFebruary 13, 2014
Cons: long hours
A great place to work even though the hours were long. The best part of the job were the people you get to work with.
A very good and friendly workplace
Graduate Research and Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Kingsville, TXFebruary 8, 2014
I am mostly doing my research work with my professor in VHDL lab. Also taking some graduate lab and projects as an research assistant. Most of my other colleagues are so friendly and accomplished researcher.
a perfect environment to learn and be focused on just work and science with no side interferences
Research Assistant (Former Employee), College Station, TXFebruary 7, 2014
it was a fun place to work. a lot of things to be learned. very friendly environment that has been motivated and supported by lab supervisor. everybody care about each other and help each other while they are deeply focused on their own job. a very productive place that every day I felt like I am learning new thing. I loved there and working in there.

Texas A&M University Photos