Texas A&M Employee Reviews

Versatile
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXOctober 10, 2017
During my college years, this job allowed me to sustain my living, gave me management, and office experience along with good social experiences in net working and interpersonal development.
Pros
Great school balance
Cons
Temporary
Government Work
shift manager (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 9, 2017
The jobs dont pay well so your coworkers are bottom of the barrel. Many of the people in these positions are coming from college, some are coming over from unskilled labor because of the slightly higher wages.
Productive work place
Student Supervisor/assistant (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 18, 2017
I worked as a student assistant/supervisor for a call center and the job itself was productive, nice management, and a professional place to be surrounded by.
Pros
flexibility, played games, won prizes
Cons
short break
Great place to work for
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXAugust 5, 2017
One of the best place to build your academic carrier with the tutelage of distinguish professor at Texas A& M University with great university culture for all.
Entertaining and challenging job
Standardized Patient (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 23, 2017
It's an easy acting job. You are given a loose script with character details and a date/time to be there. It's a good work environment with great staff. They make sure to take good care of SP's.
interesting
full time supervisor (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJuly 3, 2017
i got the opportunity to work on campus and dealt with a lot of college students got to learn new things. Got a lot of hands on training of how universties do things.
Pros
no overnights
Cons
temp job
Great
Business Support Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 23, 2017
A typical day at work is interacting with students and parents. Also keeping up this the daily work routine and meeting all the deadlines to complete my duties.
Pros
everything
Cons
advancements
Part Time Paradise
Mentor (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 5, 2017
This was a part time job that allowed me to mentor and tutor students. I had so much fun creating events, and hosting events for our students. I also loved the social aspect of this job.
Pros
Free Food and Field Trips
Cons
Part Time
I loved working there..
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXMay 25, 2017
the management was so good. that is the correct place to work in such a positive environment. made so many memories. every one was equal. the hardest part of my job was to search for work!! but i used to have something to do.
not productive
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXMay 21, 2017
I worked as A Graduate teaching assistant. the salary paid was not enough for living expenses. However there were multiple tasks to be completed including grading students
Nice place to work at. good place to start as an engineering student
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 10, 2017
Great place to work. Not much advancement opportunity for students, but it is a good place to start. Pay is very low but it is expected for a government entity.
"Laid-back" workplace
Student Director of Orientation (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 9, 2017
It's a easygoing workplace that's pretty relaxed most of the time, and the management is understanding of your work/school-life. Overall a nice place to work!
Pros
Not difficult.
Cons
small work space.
This was a school organization i was apart of that helped with my leadership skills.
Aggie Transition Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXApril 11, 2017
School organization to help incoming students get accustomed to life at Texas A&M and also helped me with my leadership skills. It was an extra curricular activity, not a job.
Fun and enlightening
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMarch 13, 2017
Good management and very fun environment. While the work was tough and difficult, the heads of departments were very helpful with us and our experiences.
Good environment but not for learning
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 22, 2017
People are nice to work with but technology is poor and it is not a good opportunity to improve experience here. The University needs to invest more into technology to improve Computer science department
Friendly working environment
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Kingsville, TXDecember 7, 2016
Texas A&M University-Kingsville is a friendly working environment. It has excellent staff, faculty and students. It's experiencing a fast growth path in terms of student numbers.
Great school
Student Researcher (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXAugust 10, 2016
I've learned so much here and met so many great people. I definitely recommend working in lab for at least one year while attending A&M. It's a wonderful way to gain experience in your field and to narrow down what kind of research you enjoy.
Excellent work Place
Admission Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXMay 7, 2016
great place to work however there is some management that need to learn a bit more on how to talk to co-workers.
Great place to open up doors if you seek to enter higher ed.
Reviews Summary of research assistance
Research assistance (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMay 3, 2016
One of the recent projects that really inspired me to do research on the regenerative Medicine is during my last summer at Texas A&M. I am grateful that I was able to get a chance to work on the Zebra fish regeneration research with Dr. Applegate and his Graduate students. During the research I got a chance to learn some hands on lab experience working with Optical Coherence Tomography and using it to examine the zebra fish skin cell tissue to understand the complex tissue regeneration. Our work on fin regeneration has helped establish the cellular origins of regenerated fin tissue, and has identified new concepts and molecular mechanisms of appendage regeneration. During the process we accomplish our goals to acquire and quantify live cellular and subcellular events in regenerating complex tissues. It was a great experience to be working with the Graduate students, I learned some valuable kills that i couldn't ask for more as a Freshmen student.
Academic environment
Graduate Assistant (part-time) (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 16, 2016
The research environment in Texas A&M is great. The Professors are providing great teaching contents with flexible study environment.