Texas A&M Employee Reviews

Excellent work Place
Admission Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXMay 7, 2016
great place to work however there is some management that need to learn a bit more on how to talk to co-workers.
Great place to open up doors if you seek to enter higher ed.
Academic environment
Graduate Assistant (part-time) (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 16, 2016
The research environment in Texas A&M is great. The Professors are providing great teaching contents with flexible study environment.
The ideal sport and recreation job
Assistant Sales and Event Planner (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXDecember 24, 2015
Was able to be around the sports world everyday while at work. Whether it be working a softball game or live streaming a basketball tournament. Co-workers were always fun to work with and management was always respectable. Hardest part of this job was leaving.
Pros
Everyday sport environment
Cons
unexpected overtime
Lax work hours, good instruction, needed better comuters
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 25, 2015
Each person is assigned a graduate student to work under. Mine was very patient and helpful. The benefits were great with free housing and food and travel pay. I would recommend this to a new undergraduate. If you have done research before, you might be bored.
Pros
Free housing, free food, travel pay
Cons
Poorly set requirements/dates/goals
Job that a fun.
Mailroom clerk/ store clerk (Former Employee) –  GalvestonSeptember 1, 2015
Worked in mail room and store. Enjoyed meeting all the interesting people with this job going to all departments of the school. Helping students on a daily basis is heartwarming. Also enjoyed the employees.
Pros
Like to go to all departments.
Cons
Rain or shine mail still runs.
Great experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXAugust 31, 2015
I worked here for 72 months while finishing my PhD. Texas A&M was a wonderful environment, fast paced, and growing. It was a great time to be there.
It was produtive workplace I enjoyed it.
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJune 12, 2015
It was a college job I worked and patrolled the dorm halls and helped residents at the front desk with issues concerning their class, rooms, or etc. It was a good working environment I worked with other college students my age and other departments of the school in different incidents.
Fantastic Environment
Full Time Student (Current Employee) –  Commerce, TXJune 5, 2015
This is a great place for me to earn an education. There are so many lively people and numerous opportunities for me to learn new things and get involved. This university has provided me with the necessary opportunities to add value to my skill set and have a great experience.
Pros
many clubs, friendly people, flexible schedule
Cons
too many bugs
good stepping stone
Senior Secretary (Former Employee) –  College Station,TXApril 30, 2015
I took the job of Senior Secretary to get my foot in the door at TAMU. The job was easy for me, although there were a few stressful times. Overtime was required for specific events, like Muster and Commencement.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
immediate supervisor felt that reviews could never be perfect
Great People, Great Place
Teaching Assistant for undergraduate classes (Current Employee) –  Maritime DepartmentApril 22, 2015
The typical day is filled with lots of different tasks. The job is working with a professor and college students.The professors are great to work for.
Fun place to work
REU Summer Undergraduate Research Focus (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 24, 2015
It was an internship, so I was not there long, but I liked working there. It was organized, and I learned a lot. The school was very nice, and I liked the people I worked with.
a little stressful, but fun
Chef's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXJanuary 9, 2015
management, staff, and students were mostly pleasant and helpful. some of my co workers would sometimes involve theirselves in student drama. But i learned how to flip an omelet in air and that was fun
Pros
eat free
Cons
they were starting to do away with alot of benefits
Led me to greater goal
Graduate Assistant Non Teaching (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXJanuary 8, 2015
Great man and office to work for
Very well and much respected
Took up a lot of professional responsibilities
Exposed to other part of the AEC industry
Great relationship till date
fun to work
Inorganic chemistry Supplemental Instructor (Former Employee) –  kingsvilleOctober 22, 2014
best to work. you meet a lot of people with different background. you have the ability to learn a lot. i will advice this place to anyone i know
Great work environment, but little advancement opportunity
Academic Advisor II (Former Employee) –  College Station, TxJuly 6, 2014
Working with students and coworkers was an absolute delight. The work itself was fulfilling and enjoyable; however, frustration arose knowing there was little chance of title change and salary increase.
Pros
working with students, Aggie culture
Cons
Poor pay
Great work, school, social life balance as a student
Sr. Receiving Team Member (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 10, 2014
If you are a student, work on-campus. No where else will give you the opportunity to balance the demands of school with the demands of work.
Not much to say
Veterinary Technician (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXApril 15, 2014
I worked there almost 14 years. I did alote cleaned gym in charge of nursery. didn't get paid much didn't feel like I was really appreciated.
an interesting experience
cashier (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 12, 2014
It was a great experience to work with a bunch of energetic and motivated peoples in a fast pace every most busy morning. I learnt there how to decide what should be done first to satisfy customers and what should be done later in order to satisfy the majority of customer or students.
Pros
learn to work with a team and complete each other
Cons
short breaks
Good place to study
Master Student (Former Employee) –  TXDecember 18, 2013
I'm in the analog group and the study is quite hard. Also college station is quite boring so you can have fun studying :)
Great place to work while going to school.
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Kingsville, TxAugust 30, 2013
Most of my co-workers are easy to work with
I set up all the faculty files and make sure they have all the credentials they need to qualify for teaching
I do not enjoy being stuck in an office all day
Pros
Easy place to work while continuing my education.
Cons
I want to already be in a classroom setting to use the knowledge and skills I have gained at school.

4.3