Texas A&M

Texas A&M Employee Reviews

Fantastic Environment
Full Time Student (Current Employee), Commerce, TXJune 5, 2015
Pros: many clubs, friendly people, flexible schedule
Cons: too many bugs
This is a great place for me to earn an education. There are so many lively people and numerous opportunities for me to learn new things and get involved. This university has provided me with the necessary opportunities to add value to my skill set and have a great experience.
good stepping stone
Senior Secretary (Former Employee), College Station,TXApril 30, 2015
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: immediate supervisor felt that reviews could never be perfect
I took the job of Senior Secretary to get my foot in the door at TAMU. The job was easy for me, although there were a few stressful times. Overtime was required for specific events, like Muster and Commencement.
Great People, Great Place
Teaching Assistant for undergraduate classes (Current Employee), Maritime DepartmentApril 22, 2015
The typical day is filled with lots of different tasks. The job is working with a professor and college students.The professors are great to work for.
Fun place to work
REU Summer Undergraduate Research Focus (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXMarch 24, 2015
It was an internship, so I was not there long, but I liked working there. It was organized, and I learned a lot. The school was very nice, and I liked the people I worked with.
a little stressful, but fun
Chef's Assistant (Former Employee), Commerce, TXJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: eat free
Cons: they were starting to do away with alot of benefits
management, staff, and students were mostly pleasant and helpful. some of my co workers would sometimes involve theirselves in student drama. But i learned how to flip an omelet in air and that was fun
Led me to greater goal
Graduate Assistant Non Teaching (Current Employee), College Station, TXJanuary 8, 2015
Great man and office to work for
Very well and much respected
Took up a lot of professional responsibilities
Exposed to other part of the AEC industry
Great relationship till date
fun to work
Inorganic chemistry Supplemental Instructor (Former Employee), kingsvilleOctober 22, 2014
best to work. you meet a lot of people with different background. you have the ability to learn a lot. i will advice this place to anyone i know
Great work environment, but little advancement opportunity
Academic Advisor II (Former Employee), College Station, TxJuly 6, 2014
Pros: working with students, aggie culture
Cons: poor pay
Working with students and coworkers was an absolute delight. The work itself was fulfilling and enjoyable; however, frustration arose knowing there was little chance of title change and salary increase.
Great work, school, social life balance as a student
Sr. Receiving Team Member (Former Employee), College Station, TXJune 10, 2014
If you are a student, work on-campus. No where else will give you the opportunity to balance the demands of school with the demands of work.
Not much to say
Veterinary Technician (Current Employee), College Station, TXApril 15, 2014
I worked there almost 14 years. I did alote cleaned gym in charge of nursery. didn't get paid much didn't feel like I was really appreciated.
an interesting experience
cashier (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 12, 2014
Pros: learn to work with a team and complete each other
Cons: short breaks
It was a great experience to work with a bunch of energetic and motivated peoples in a fast pace every most busy morning. I learnt there how to decide what should be done first to satisfy customers and what should be done later in order to satisfy the majority of customer or students.
Good place to study
Master Student (Former Employee), TXDecember 18, 2013
I'm in the analog group and the study is quite hard. Also college station is quite boring so you can have fun studying :)
Great place to work while going to school.
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee), Kingsville, TxAugust 30, 2013
Pros: easy place to work while continuing my education.
Cons: i want to already be in a classroom setting to use the knowledge and skills i have gained at school.
Most of my co-workers are easy to work with
I set up all the faculty files and make sure they have all the credentials they need to qualify for teaching
I do not enjoy being stuck in an office all day
Run of the mill.
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), College Station, TXJuly 31, 2013
Pros: great learning
Cons: no advancement
Great place to get some easy college credits and learn a little bit about sea life. Not much responsibility though. The activities were repetitive but informational at first.
Productive and Fun
Graphic Designer, Web Designer, IT Support (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 25, 2013
This job is enjoyable if you love what you do and co-workers and management are fair and enjoyable to work with. It is a learning environment and there is no place to go but up.
Great Experience in office and college
Secretary of Resident Life (Former Employee), College Station, TXMarch 12, 2013
Pros: lunch, great benefits
Cons: co-workers were very immature and liked to compete
A typical day answering phone calls, documenting information for the Residents, assigning appointments for housing, assigning residence for students, organized meetings.
Management was understanding for the most part, we had a good relationship, just some things were unsaid from management. I didnt feel as if I could ask any question and get a honest answer.
The hardest part of the job was learning the area of the college.
I enjoyed the meetings and the tours we provided for the students/parents to view before moving into our residency.
Administration Problems at Colonias program
AmeriCorps Member (Former Employee), El Paso, TXDecember 12, 2012
I enjoyed my job and they have their heart in the right place. But the administration and office staff need to Organize. They had problems communicating with with each other and the staff. They also had many problems with pay roll and benefits. But dealing with everything was worth it because the job was meaningful and we were there to make difference.
Productive workplace for helping Army VETs
Assistant (Current Employee), Killeen, TXNovember 7, 2012
Pros: flexable
A typical day at work involved helping veterans get back in school and change their career goals. I learned so much in time I was there and developed a love for helping military and their families. My co=workers were awesome in every sense of the word and relationships have developed beyoond the workplace.
Fun work place
Custodian (Former Employee), Galveston, TXOctober 3, 2012
Pros: benefits, lunch break, hours
My overall typical day would be pulling trash, stripping & waxing floor, vacum. I learned how to change lights stripping and waxing floors. I had a good repor with the managment. I got along with my co-workers. There was never a hard part of the job. Learning different procedure and cleaning chemicals.
Interesting and learning
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), College Station, TXAugust 6, 2012
Its a school oriented work.
Hence its educational type of work.
Prof. are easy give you enough time to work