Texas A&M

Texas A&M Employer Reviews

Great work, school, social life balance as a student
Sr. Receiving Team Member (Former Employee), College Station, TXJune 10, 2014
If you are a student, work on-campus. No where else will give you the opportunity to balance the demands of school with the demands of work.
Not much to say
Veterinary Technician (Current Employee), College Station, TXApril 15, 2014
I worked there almost 14 years. I did alote cleaned gym in charge of nursery. didn't get paid much didn't feel like I was really appreciated.
an interesting experience
cashier (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 12, 2014
Pros: learn to work with a team and complete each other
Cons: short breaks
It was a great experience to work with a bunch of energetic and motivated peoples in a fast pace every most busy morning. I learnt there how to decide what should be done first to satisfy customers and what should be done later in order to satisfy the majority of customer or students.
Good place to study
Master Student (Former Employee), TXDecember 18, 2013
I'm in the analog group and the study is quite hard. Also college station is quite boring so you can have fun studying :)
Great place to work while going to school.
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee), Kingsville, TxAugust 30, 2013
Pros: easy place to work while continuing my education.
Cons: i want to already be in a classroom setting to use the knowledge and skills i have gained at school.
Most of my co-workers are easy to work with
I set up all the faculty files and make sure they have all the credentials they need to qualify for teaching
I do not enjoy being stuck in an office all day
Run of the mill.
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), College Station, TXJuly 31, 2013
Pros: great learning
Cons: no advancement
Great place to get some easy college credits and learn a little bit about sea life. Not much responsibility though. The activities were repetitive but informational at first.
Productive and Fun
Graphic Designer, Web Designer, IT Support (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 25, 2013
This job is enjoyable if you love what you do and co-workers and management are fair and enjoyable to work with. It is a learning environment and there is no place to go but up.
Great Experience in office and college
Secretary of Resident Life (Former Employee), College Station, TXMarch 12, 2013
Pros: lunch, great benefits
Cons: co-workers were very immature and liked to compete
A typical day answering phone calls, documenting information for the Residents, assigning appointments for housing, assigning residence for students, organized meetings.
Management was understanding for the most part, we had a good relationship, just some things were unsaid from management. I didnt feel as if I could ask any question and get a honest – more... answer.
The hardest part of the job was learning the area of the college.
I enjoyed the meetings and the tours we provided for the students/parents to view before moving into our residency. – less
Administration Problems at Colonias program
AmeriCorps Member (Former Employee), El Paso, TXDecember 12, 2012
I enjoyed my job and they have their heart in the right place. But the administration and office staff need to Organize. They had problems communicating with with each other and the staff. They also had many problems with pay roll and benefits. But dealing with everything was worth it because the job was meaningful and we were there to make difference.
Productive workplace for helping Army VETs
Assistant (Current Employee), Killeen, TXNovember 7, 2012
Pros: flexable
A typical day at work involved helping veterans get back in school and change their career goals. I learned so much in time I was there and developed a love for helping military and their families. My co=workers were awesome in every sense of the word and relationships have developed beyoond the workplace.
Fun work place
Custodian (Former Employee), Galveston, TXOctober 3, 2012
Pros: benefits, lunch break, hours
My overall typical day would be pulling trash, stripping & waxing floor, vacum. I learned how to change lights stripping and waxing floors. I had a good repor with the managment. I got along with my co-workers. There was never a hard part of the job. Learning different procedure and cleaning chemicals.
Interesting and learning
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), College Station, TXAugust 6, 2012
Its a school oriented work.
Hence its educational type of work.
Prof. are easy give you enough time to work
Review
Land Scaping(Temp) (Former Employee), College Station, TXAugust 5, 2012
It was a pretty Good Job, i learned how to be better at doing lawn work. What i least liked that it was really hot.
Friendly staff, helpful co-workers, good management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Commerce, TXJuly 22, 2012
Pros: friendly staff, good benefits, pleasant environment
Cons: fairly low pay, low increases
I worked part-time and enjoyed working here. My boss was very friendly and accomodating and my coworkers were fun and helpful. I stayed busy most of the time and enjoyed the work I did. I only left this job to return to school.
IT WAS ALRIGHT
CASHIER (Former Employee), College Station, TXJuly 18, 2012
I LOVED WORKING THERE JUST NOT ENOUGH HOURS... I WOULD GO BACK TO THE JOB IF THEY WOULD RAISE MY PAY
A very Decent place to work
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), College Station, TXMay 12, 2012
I enjoyed working here.
There is a lot to learn in terms of acasemic
Student
Student (Current Employee), Texarkana, TXMay 1, 2012
Pros: a
Cons: a
Nothing to really tell other than its a beautiful campus with the longest walk to the main building. Hope your in shape. :)
Es una Institución que está siempre a la vanguardia de los alimentos.
Research Scholar in the Cereal Quality Section (Former Employee), College Station, TXAugust 20, 2013
Pros: se mejoran las cosas diariamente
Cons: el idioma solamente al principio
Se trabaja todos los días en proyectos de investigación, por lo que no sólo se realizan cosas establecidas, sino que se debe de estar a la espectativa de mejorar siempre las cosas, el trabajo se deja a criterio propio pero siempre con la asesoría, de ser necesaria, por parte de los encargados del proyecto en curso, por lo que la relación laboral estimula – more... al trabajador a desarrollarse individualmente, así como a colaborar en equipo. La parte mas dificil del trabajo al principio, fue acostumbrarse al idioma, pero posteriormente, lo mas gratificante es que se aprende a colaborar en un objetivo común de una manera armónica, y expresando cada quien sus individualidades. – less