Texas Children's Hospital

Texas Children's Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and Great Place to work
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 7, 2016
My present work place has great opportunities and its a very fast paced place to work and you learn many different areas once you get trained for the position supervisors are very oriented and will help out in any way feel I have learned a lot of different areas during my time here. I have become the CMA for MDA client and have a lot of Physicians who depend on my expertise and work accessibility.
Pros
Very Elective and rewarding place to work
Cons
Great incentivesand Health care
Loved working around patients and their family
Lieutenant - TCH Lead Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 3, 2016
For 13 years I worked for Texas Childrens Hospital and received numerous promotions including my last role as a Lieutenant - TCH Lead officer at the (NRI) Neurological Research Institute. During my career I served as a Lieutenant working in diverse buildings at Texas Childrens Medical Center. I patrolled the facilities;observed inside and outside of the hospital for potential hazards and provided safety for patients, visitors and staff.
Excellent RN opportunity
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 3, 2016
Day start at 6:45 am. TCH is a teaching hospital for Baylor College of Medicine. I learned how to take care of pediatric patients in the Emergency room and Critical Care Unit.Excellent management team. Co- Workers are warm and friendly. The hardest part of the job was losing a child. The best part of the job was taking care of a critical ill child; got well and went home with family.
Pros
Learning pediatrics.
Cons
Pay is ok. Schedule is stable. Management team can be overkill.
Chemotherapy Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 5, 2016
Too many managers!!!! The managers here always tries to find dirt on people. People should be allowed to come to a big institute to work in peace. The managers here trys to get people in trouble every way they can. Too many rules.. Plus, the staff are back stabbing and two face people. Bottom Line: The pharmacy management team and the pharmacy staff are not one to be trusted. They are not professional at all.
Antiquated
HR Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 14, 2016
Everything about the back office of TCH is old school personnel, no laptops, no wi-fi, dated technology. You have to buy your own supplies, coffee, water etc. They have high turnover and low employee morale. Too much middle management, you have Leads, Supervisors, Managers, Asst Dir, Dir, AVP, SVP etc. too much.
Pros
They pay very well
Cons
Techology, Culture of Micromanagment, No work life balance
It was a fun and enjoyable place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 25, 2016
Working at Baylor made the patient's know that we really cared about there well being. Assisting patient's to exam rooms, getting there vital signs, collecting lab specimen's if needed. Assisting the physician with any exams or procedures for the patient's. I learned that patient's need to know that someone care and wants to help them. Not just make them a number. We had good managers along the way that wanted the same for the patients. Co-workers developed the same understanding of how a patient should be treated and valued. The hardest part of my job was when my patient's were grieving of a loss. Such as a pregnancy. The most enjoyable part of my job was making my patient's happy and they were very happy to see me as I was to see them.
Pros
Knowing that we all worked as a family
Cons
Not being able to help the patient's achieve pregnancy.
Great working environment encouraging people
Administrative Assistant for lea hospital director (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 28, 2016
9:00 a.m. starts the work day. Categorize patient files by the different condition/disease the children had. Log results gathered from the blood sample test that were taken from the children. Sit in on the daily meetings with the administrative director and Medical director for the progression of hospital functions. Reached out directly to insurance companies to see what their compensation polices were for families that lived in and out of the state.
A great place to work
Unit support assistance (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 15, 2016
Texas Children Hospital is an awesome place to work. Everyone is skilled and patient, friendly and helpful. The staff is always smiling and ready to assist when needed. Working here has been a joy. I work in housekeeping and the best part of my day is meeting new staff and greeting patients and families.
Pros
cover parking, health insurance
Great place for learning
Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 21, 2016
learned all about the various congenital heart defects and the surgical procedures that are performed to improve or correct them.

Great CEO - very caring and compassionate

Vast majority of employees are extremely proud to work here, and their compassion, generosity and kindness show.
Pros
learning opportunities
Fun place to work.
Unit Secretary/ PCA/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2016
I love it here at Texas Children's but there are NO advancement in the department I currently work in. I went to school and got a bachelors degree in Health Administration/Health Management and I can not use it in my current area. Also the parking arrangements for employees is not so good. It adds on an extra 10 minutes to actually getting into the building.
benefits
Cons
short lunch, parking, no advancement in my department
Productive day at work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 1, 2016
Sometimes working with difficult people can mean a stressful day and makes the day go by slow. But I've learned that as long as you communicate and remember that you are their for the patient and not for anything else you can have a strong positive and effective day that goes by very smooth and rapidly.
Pros
team work communicate good work relationship
Cons
not always a perfect day
Exciteing place to work and learn
Staff nurse in Level II nursery (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 13, 2016
Good co-workers , team players. reat learning environment. Participated in research studies, gathering information for analysis. I enjoyed preceipting new hires.Great place to begin a career.
Pros
Learning possibilities
Cons
Parking
Fun productive and caring culture
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 26, 2016
The most enjoyable part about working for TCH is providing the best hospital experience for our patients and family's. My leadership team lead tirelessly to provide the best service for our patient and employees.
Very professional and productive work place.
Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 21, 2016
Work life and quality there of is second to none. Management staff is very supportive and you are positioned to become more knowledgeable about your job and encouraged/motivated towards advancement.
Great place
Unit Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 30, 2016
I have gained a lot of work experience here the atmosphere is wonderful! My co workers are always happy and the team work is great! Being able to help make a difference in these children life is the best part of working here
Decent place to work
IT Security Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 8, 2016
This company is all about the numbers and they want the heat to stay off of them. I come in do my work and go home. Manger has never been in our field before so it makes it hard to relate to him sometimes. CEO of the company is great and love some of the thing that TCH stands for.
Pros
Pention plan
Cons
On call duties
I Loved this job!
Patient Care Assistant/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 28, 2016
This job was by far the best job I worked at, because I would only work 3 12hour shifts and have 4 days off per my request. The pay was great and so were the staff!
I enjoyed working at TCH. The job I did and the people I worked with were great and good to work with.
Biomedical Equipment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 3, 2015
I worked here for 18.5 years and worked on medical imaging equipment. I worked mainly with X-ray systems. I did maintenance and PMs on stationary and mobile systems. I did a lot of support work using Excel and other software programs.
Pros
I was able to work on my own and required minimal manager interfacing.
Cons
Management changed and the level of management inlacing became oppressive.
Great place to work!
Program/Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 5, 2016
Texas Children's Hospital provides opportunities for creativity and professional growth. I had a good work experience.
Pros
Nice collaborative environment
Very productive and fun enviroment to work
Techinical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston Texas, Medical CenterJanuary 26, 2016
Very productive and fun environment to work and have enjoyed working there for almost 7years including improving my IT skills for both Hospital and Cooperate environment.
Pros
Free bonus every year
Cons
Wonderful benefits

4.3