Texas Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Entering data for claims that come in
Transaction Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 8, 2017
When I first started with Texas children it was a wonderful experience. I took the job with the idea that I would be able to move up in 6 months. Since being here I have learned a lot that will help me on my journey, however there is now a hiring freeze so I am not able to move anywhere. I am very appreciative of what I have learned and the people I have met. This is just not the area I am supposed to be working with my credentials.
Pros
Very flexible for persons with children
Cons
Communication is not that good
work
Ambulatory Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 7, 2017
Great place for growth, busy atompshere great employees to work with. Great work place for contiuting growth in the medical field this is a great place to work, It is also a teaching school
Great Place to Work
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 4, 2017
Collaborative team work. Learn new skills every day. Work towards the mission of helping children. Leading by example and all as one great team. Leading in medicine.
Fun!
Ambulatory Service Rep II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 30, 2017
This is an excellent job! I love working for Texas Childrens Hospital. I have been working here for 7 years and look forward to working here for many more years to come.
You have to be in it for the kids and not the money.
Registered Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 29, 2017
I think that nursing matters less about the hospital and more about the manager. I am in a high turnover unit that has had hr issues and my manager is still gainfully employed. To me that shows very little support of the nurses from the director level. I know of other units with higher management level turnover because of lots of politics. Ultimately you have to understand that nursing is a pretty low on the totem pole profession in terms of actual retention, attention, and compensation. Ultimately you have to be in it for the kids or you will burnout
Pros
Healthcare
Family centered workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2017
I enjoyed working here and getting to help out other families. There is a heavily centered team environment that helps to support and guide each other.
Great place to work learn and make money
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant trama team (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 19, 2017
I love this hospital great place wonderful environment lots of training and on the job learning and teaching brilliant doctors and hard working nurses and staff are very friendly
Pros
Everything is payroll deductable free education and lots of benefits
Cons
Very busy in the emergency room
Very productive envirnoment
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 17, 2017
Love the workplace culture. The CEO for the company is a great leader. My overall experience for working for the company is a had opportunity to grow and advance. I wish more managers or upper leadership would assist great workers to advance within the company.
Fast paced, family centered care facility
Labor and Delivery RN (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 15, 2017
TCH Pavilion for Women is a family centered, patient focused facility that seeks to provide the best maternal and infant care for both low and high risk patients. We see a broad range of obstetric related conditions, providing excellent care for the antepartum, intrapartum and postpartum patient.
Interpreter
Medical Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 13, 2017
Excellent job through
out the hospital sharing interpretations with all the staff and visitors to the hospital. Good environment and salary with kind people.
Pros
employees benefits
Cons
punctuality
Fun place to work
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 11, 2017
I enjoyed work for Texas Children's Hospital. I worked on the Texas Children's Pediatric side of the company. I was close to home . Great management team.
Enjoyed company i wanted day time hours and was not accomodated
Electrician III - Facilities Operations (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 10, 2017
Schedule work orders. Enjoyed completion of projects. A great place to work bout not many opportunities for growth and advancement. I wanted a position where i could more fully utilize my licenses and experience.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Wanted day time hours
Radiology scheduler (Current Employee) –  Houston, TexasMay 10, 2017
Texas Children's Hospital is an amazing place to work. I've learned and meet so many amazing people. Each day wholes a new learning experince for me . At the end of each day I feel complete knowing that I have assited a family with scheduling or educating them on whats about to take place in their childs treatment.
Excellent Patient Care
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 2, 2017
Patients are very well cared for by all. Unfortunately, the same can not easily be said in all areas for employees. I truly wish this were not the case.
Wonderful place to work with a passion for the mission of treating children.
Social Work Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 1, 2017
TCH can be a nurturing, warm, and supportive environment for front line staff. Positions in leadership can be stressful but rewarding. There are plenty of opportunities for growth within the organization.
Pros
Great place to work. Cares about patients.
Cons
Needs are 24/7
A Great Job to work
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 30, 2017
I love working at Texas Children's Hospital! It is great friendly people working there and I love seeing the beautiful kids coming to the hospital. I learn different things every da.
Pros
friendly workers
Cons
no free lunch
Good environment with supportive coworkers, however the management team is to be desired.
Physical Therapy (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 30, 2017
The most important part of the job is patient care and knowing that there is value in the work that you perform. The hardest part of the job is managing all the other aspects of the job such as meetings, paperwork, and politics.
Great place to work and gain skills.
Certified Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 26, 2017
Days could vary from fast pace to slow. They really do care about their patients and some areas care about their employees. It seems like they pick and choose management. Earning a management position is based on politics.
Pros
Doing something positive in the community and patient satisfaction
Cons
Certain management
Fast paced teaching and learning atmosphere
Senior Medical Technologist-Blood Bank (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 24, 2017
Texas Children's Hospital is a fast paced teaching hospital that provides an atmosphere in which one can grow and advance in their field. Would recommend this laboratory to either an entry level or experienced technologist.
fantastic healthcare provider
Staff Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 19, 2017
learned so much from working here at TCH. very encouraging for professional growth and opportunities within the organization. highly enjoyable place to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texas Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3