Texas Children's Hospital

Texas Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Great company with a well deserved reputation
Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 24, 2015
Pros: The mission of the company, friendly co-workers, good benefits
Cons: Limited salary growth
As largest and number four ranked pediatric hospital in the country, you work with some of the best pediatric professionals in the country. The growth continues as they continue to expand outside the Texas Medical Center area and out into the community.

Within my nine years at this company, I have seen the business operations improve tremendously. Much more focused on business goals and are achieving them. The same can be said for my particular department.

As a non-profit hospital, you are limited somewhat in salary growth, but for the most part, they pay is near market value for most positions. Great leadership and everyone there knows the true goal of the hospital -- healing sick children. My only frustration would be with the Information Services division within the company -- they do not seem to be on par with other departments and not as forward-thining as other companies.
medical records was
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 21, 2015
Pros: there was always plenty of work.
Cons: My mother got sick and I had to take care of my mother.
My work hours were great. Went in every morning ready to work. Co workers were good people. Always a lot of work to be done. Plenty of work. great work experience.
Assited physican with appointments, medical records, billing inquiries. The multi-tasking was exciting.
Medical Records Clerk/floater (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 20, 2015
Pros: Floating allowed me to gain additional skills.
Cons: Having to reschedule appointments that were set up for a month in advance.
I would answer calls, route calls, and inquiries. Answered billing questions for patients and ins. companies. Set up medical charts for physicians daily appointments. Scheduled appointments and entered patient demographics into system. Worked front office and assisted doctor with back office when needed. I learned that you can use your existing skills and obtain more by being willing and eager to learn new skills. I worked very well with the doctor and nursing staff. The hardest part of my job was when a patient had an appointment that had been scheduled a month in advance and the doctor was unable to be at the office that day. I would do my best to get the patient the earliest and most convenient following appointment. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the Children.
Like working in the hood
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 20, 2015
Pros: I never found any
Cons: It is like working in a room full of hate each day.
Gangs "clicks" rule this place. I never felt I could trust anyone for any reason at any time. Expect blind sides and people to team up against you so that they themselves don't become victims of the pharmacy culture. Your race does matter here.
Coordinator/ Equipment/ Project Manager
Coordinator/ Equipment/ Project Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 8, 2015
Pros: Great company
Cons: No room for advancement
I organized and maintained the directory of the electronic drawings for all of Texas Children’s Hospital in AutoCAD.

I created and maintained AutoCAD documents for utility mapping, MEP, and BMP.

I provided appropriate line drawings for utility shutdowns and maintained current revisions according to department guidelines.
Patient Care Technician E.R (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 27, 2015
Amazing company to work for. Very supportive staff. Pay is comparable to other hospitals in the area. Everyone works as a team.
The best place to work
Staffing Attendance Assistant/Timekeeper (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 23, 2015
Texas Children Hospital is one of the best places to work in the Houston Texas area with some of the hardest working staff that have been employed for over 35 years and counting with no desire to retire.

The hardest part of my job is the lack of opportunity to transition into a different position.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working for such a awesome company with the World Greatest, nicest, kindest,approachable, vision driven CEO who cares about his organization and his employees.
Job Review
Medical Secretary (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 30, 2015
I enjoy working for TCH, we believe in teamwork and thats what keeps me going. The pay increases and management needs to improve drastically.
A fastpaced environment.
Practice support Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Wonderful Doctors
Cons: It was hard to break sometimes due to call flow.
A typical day at work was unpredictable.
I learned that children are the most important concern at TCH.
I believe management is the responsibility of all employees.
My Co workers were the greatest people I have ever known.
The hard part of the job is to perform quality work at fast pace.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing happy satisfied parents.
Just like family
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Houston Texas medical centerMarch 27, 2015
Pros: interacting with Dr's and patients
Cons: working every other weekend 12h shifts/parking
I learned that the patients and family needs came first.
I also learned how to be a team player as well as being part of the team.
seeking life balance at a global hospital
Nurse (Current Employee), Houston TexasMarch 16, 2015
Pros: free lunches, talented people
Cons: shuttle, parking
Work hard for the kids every day is what we do. This place knows people want to be there and so people are worked to the bone. We do it for the kids but our families and health suffer.
Texas Children's Hospital offered employees a good work experience.
Sr. Benefits Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TexasMarch 16, 2015
Texas Children's believes in taking care of its employees. Human Resources' leadership promoted customer service. Texas Childrens' is a well-known hospital with many sites all over the Houston area. It was a priviledge to assist 6,500+ coworkers and physicians with their healthcare, retirement and welfare plans.
It was a great experience working for TCH
Supervisor for IS Service Desk (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 13, 2015
What made me excited about being a part of this company was the competitive salaries, the multitude of benefits offered and leadership.
The leader (CEO) of this organization is the BEST lead by example person I have ever met in my working life. He has a genuine personality and makes it known to all employees that he appreciates what each person has to offer to the organization no matter their job title. His positive and energizing spirit has manifest on everyone within the organization and that made it easy to work for TCH and to always provide “Service with Heart”
Rewarding place of employment
Pharmacy Informatics Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 12, 2015
- Rewarding place of employment
- Professional management
- Co-workers work as a team
- Provides outstanding healthcare
Productive.
Manager, Admissions and Emergency Center (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Enjoyed working with pediatric patients and their family members. Worked hard to insure patients and their family member received the best financial assistance. .
great
Staff nurse, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 24, 2015
I love it here. poor benefits, but overall a great place to work. You will learn a lot here and get enjoyment oout of your job.
I don't have much more to say, 20 words minimum
really am excited to work here
Pt Access Rep (Current Employee), Houston,txFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: easy job
Cons: hrs can be long
I am registering patients all day , interaction with public, nurses and doctors is very interestng. Seen a lot i have not seen at other facilities
Great place to work!
System Analyst II/OnBase Administrator (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: ceo is wonderful, we are continuing to grow
Cons: hustle and bustle of parking garage and riding shuttle
Texas Children's is a really great place to work. What I like most about this job is flexibility and the work/life balance.
Great place to work but high impact and fast paced
Systems Analyst II / Project Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 28, 2015
• Establish project governance and facilitate team meetings
• Update/track project implementation plan
• Develop, schedule and facilitate test plans for software, network, integration, user acceptance and parallel usage
• Prepare and implement procedures for downtime, end-users, production
• Develop training programs and materials/documents for all types of users
• Obtain user acceptance/sign off based on functional and performance requirements
• Prepares accurate and timely status reports for management
• Prior to first productive use, identify the impacts and dependencies of the new system
• Demonstrate efficiencies of the new system and provide feedback to teams
• At completion of project, ensure smooth transition of system responsibilities to support staff
• Facilitates design analysis with users to determine configuration for the user interface
• Specifies the design decision in an accurate and testable manner for developers and database analyst
• Identifies and documents the data sources, recipients and interfaces that need to be developed to support data collection and maintenance
• Analyzes system procedures and modifications
• Translates users’ needs into detail requirement specifications
• Coordinates implementation and upgrades of complex systems
• Managing relationships with software vendors and maintaining technical strategic partners within those vendors
I loved helping kids.
Medical Assitant (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 23, 2014
Pros: working with kids
Cons: management is awful
I would never go back to any Texas Children's to work. You have no life because all they care about is you being able to work. I really enjoyed helping cure kids with cancer that was the only rewarding part of my job. Management are horrible. They do a lot of activities for the kids which is also a plus.

1 2 3 4 5

About Texas Children's Hospital

Parents in the Lone Star State can rest easy knowing Texas Children's Hospital has the doctors and facilities to diagnose and – Read more

Texas Children's Hospital Salaries