Texas Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

fantastic healthcare provider
Staff Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 19, 2017
learned so much from working here at TCH. very encouraging for professional growth and opportunities within the organization. highly enjoyable place to work
work realted
OR Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 18, 2017
Not a great place to work for. Too many wrong doing in here. Managers do not take nor value your inputs ito what you have to say about working envirments.
Best job ever!!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  PACUApril 15, 2017
This hospital really supported its nursing staff. They provided lots of continuing education and tuition assistance. The management worked well with staffing. There was lots of opportunity for patient teaching and develop critical care nursing skills.
Pros
Lots of rare pediatric conditions were treated
Cons
Only reason for leaving was to return to florida and family
Productive and fast paced hospital
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 14, 2017
Texas Childrens Hospital overall is a great place to work. I was given the opportunity to work at TCH a little over three years ago. Just moving here from another state and getting the hospital job that I have always wanted felt great.
Pros
Endless overtime opportunities
Cons
Not enough appreciation, low hourly pay
Friendly and Fun place to work
OR Clerical Secretary, Part Time (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 9, 2017
My previous position and manager I enjoyed better than my current. Over all it is a fun and friend place to work with children. No other comments.... No other comments... No other comments
Good caring place to work
Electroneurodiagnostic Tech (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 7, 2017
I should have never left there, it was a great place to work and was vary challenging. I wish I could have done more to learn more in other departments, I hope I can get the chance. Texas Childrens is a wonderful place for the children, it has excellant care and the physicians and employees strive to do the vary best in helping them. The work was the easy part. The heart was tugged by the patients and all there problems. It was a good feeling to help them and hopefylly i can get another chance to be appart of the team there.
challenging yet exciting place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 6, 2017
In a days work, you are faced with challenging situations that help you expand your knowledge in nursing as well as create great life lessons. It is a multicultural place in which you are able to create and establish great relationships. management is constantly changing in the newborn center/ nicu.
Service Coordinator
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 5, 2017
Learned a new field of nursing. Flexibility. Good work/life balance. good benefits. You have to be able to work independently and get your work done. good job.
Pros
working from home
Cons
Rated as best place to work Houston
Talent Acquisition Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 24, 2017
Great place to work with more amazing people. Great place to work with great core values and nursing and physician staff that are the very best in the industry. I've learned what servant leadership is.
Nice place to work.
EVS Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 21, 2017
Hard work but good employers recommend to anyone. Management was ok. I learned the proper way to clean in a hospital environment. They offer a good benefits package.
Top patient care
Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 21, 2017
Interning at the Texas Children's Hospital was an incredible experience because it taught me many methods to obtain excellent result during recovery. Here, I had intern at their physical therapy facility and helped children with their physical therapy exercises.
The culture is very cut throat
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 15, 2017
This is not a good work/life balance. They expect you to take care of a complex pediatric population with minimal training. The culture is cut throat and they don't train NP's like they should.
Great mission and Leadership
PRESIDENT / CEO / BOARD MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 13, 2017
Committed leadership supporting mission. Texas Children's has a engaged Board of Trustees. They have an innovative vertically integrated strategy that supportsall children in Texas.
Excellent culture
Intern - Business Operations Team (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 11, 2017
Texas Children's is an excellent organization to work for. The overall culture is one that promotes learning and excellence in all work. The management teams lead by example and help others achieve goals. There is a high desire and implementation of excellent patient care and patient satisfaction.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 3, 2017
The physicians are great. They are passionate about what they and are care for the patients. Many of the physicians are a pleasure to work with.
benefits
Cons
lack of advancement opprotunities for Admin assistants
nice place to work
Project & Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 2, 2017
Friendly work place if you like working in large teams. Parking is a problem though. Managements makes efforts to listen to employee's concerns.
Pros
lots of training
Cons
outdated IT systems
Great hospital to work for
Benefits Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 1, 2017
This is where my HR Benefits career began and the team was great to work with. The benefits are good with this company and they believe in listening to the employees.
Human Resources Technician
Human Resources Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 27, 2017
Best overall environment to work in. Friendly and caring staff. Works incredibly hard to please their employees and their customers.
Excellent place to work
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 26, 2017
I enjoyed working there for over 26 years . Working with the best group of individuals I have ever known.The people I have worked with have not only have been co-workers but we're consider Family.
Pros
Wonderful place to work!
Exciting
Supply Chain Management (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2017
•Operated powered lift trucks, floor sweepers, pallet jacks and forklifts safely. •Resolved customer complaints and
adjusted orders.
•Obtained signatures needed to complete and process all paperwork in a timely manner.
•Pulled customer tickets to fulfill orders.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texas Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3