Texas Children's Hospital

Texas Children's Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Productive day at work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 1, 2016
Sometimes working with difficult people can mean a stressful day and makes the day go by slow. But I've learned that as long as you communicate and remember that you are their for the patient and not for anything else you can have a strong positive and effective day that goes by very smooth and rapidly.
Pros
team work communicate good work relationship
Cons
not always a perfect day
Volunteer
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 23, 2016
Volunteering here was one of the best experiences in my life. I definitely learned valuable things that I will carry into my career and life.
Fun place to work.
Unit Secretary/ PCA/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2016
I love it here at Texas Children's but there are NO advancement in the department I currently work in. I went to school and got a bachelors degree in Health Administration/Health Management and I can not use it in my current area. Also the parking arrangements for employees is not so good. It adds on an extra 10 minutes to actually getting into the building.
benefits
Cons
short lunch, parking, no advancement in my department
Great Place to have a career
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 18, 2016
A very great organization to work. Friendly environment. You learn to be humble in life. Everyone is always teaching new skills daily
Pros
Great Organization to work for
Texas Children's Hospital has the best health benefits
Bed Technician and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  TexasFebruary 14, 2016
The best hospital to be where there is good learning skills, communication, passionate people, and most of all courteousy
Pros
A very good place to work
Decent place to work
IT Security Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 8, 2016
This company is all about the numbers and they want the heat to stay off of them. I come in do my work and go home. Manger has never been in our field before so it makes it hard to relate to him sometimes. CEO of the company is great and love some of the thing that TCH stands for.
Pros
Pention plan
Cons
On call duties
I enjoyed working here
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 5, 2016
I loved working here I learned many new things and EMR systems. I learned about dermatology and enjoyed working with my coworkers.
Pros
one hour lunch monday through friday
Cons
no paid parking
Very productive and fun enviroment to work
Techinical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston Texas, Medical CenterJanuary 26, 2016
Very productive and fun environment to work and have enjoyed working there for almost 7years including improving my IT skills for both Hospital and Cooperate environment.
Pros
Free bonus every year
Cons
Wonderful benefits
great place to work
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 21, 2016
great institution to work and start a career in. everyone is friendly and willing to help you with anything you may need. even the managers are great people and I am happy to work here
Wonderful organization filled with excellent employees
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 30, 2015
Texas Children's is a wonderful hospital. I have been honored to work here. The staff members are all excellent and the management is fantastic and supportive.
Pros
Management support
Cons
High stress and somewhat outdated facilities
Nurturing atmosphere
Shadowing (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 16, 2015
The staff were very caring and understanding to me and their patients. I went there to learn and I like i was exposed to many different things which helped me.
I enjoyed working at TCH. The job I did and the people I worked with were great and good to work with.
Biomedical Equipment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 3, 2015
I worked here for 18.5 years and worked on medical imaging equipment. I worked mainly with X-ray systems. I did maintenance and PMs on stationary and mobile systems. I did a lot of support work using Excel and other software programs.
Pros
I was able to work on my own and required minimal manager interfacing.
Cons
Management changed and the level of management inlacing became oppressive.
Productive worplace
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 10, 2015
I really enjoyed working with TCH. Was employed with them 2yr., and working with them made me a better Phlebotomist because the skills they teach, it is rewarding, but can also be stressful without the proper team work.
Pros
pay, benefits, location
Cons
management, short staff, hardly any teamwork.
Great place to come and life impacting work, growing pains however.
NOC Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 5, 2015
A big company struggling to grow and bring itself in to the 21st century. Amazing facility and great feeling coming to work helping children and the most vulnerable people of our society. Not very much job security however, decades spent in service of the hospital means very little to the higher ups. Would be a much better place to work if more job stability and less management issues.
Pros
Good location, good food, great hours, rewarding work
Cons
Short breaks, poor management, no job security, blame only rolls down hill from higher ups
Overall a great place to work
Ambulatory Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 1, 2015
My work day is usually very rewarding. I assist with checking in children for doctor appointments each day. I learn something new each day from patients and their families. Our employer demands that each employee respects the other. It isn't really hard to work at my current job. I just try to follow the rules and get along with my co workers. The most enjoyable part of the job is making sure that I have done my job correctly and made a patient and/or family member smile before leaving the clinic.
Pros
Free parking, good salary, good benefits
Cons
no assigned breaks, only half hour lunch
Awesome Place to Work
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 22, 2015
I absolutely loved working at TCH. Great teamwork! Great physicians! Great Advancement Opportunities! Awesome Company!
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Flexibility
Great place to grow and learn the health care industry
Receptionist/Secretary- (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 22, 2015
Texas Children's Hospital is a great place to work. This company supports and encourages career and educational growth. The work established within each area grows into a family of support and uplifts one another and encourages according to potential.
Pros
Great
Productive and very great place to work
Technologist- Referred Testing (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 12, 2015
Texas Childrens Hospital is one of the best childrens hospital in the world and working there makes me know that i am making a difference.
Attentive to detail, Organized, and willing to do daily routine work, Work without direct supervision and multi-task are. also essential if you plan.
Coding specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston TexasOctober 4, 2015
Ultimate Pain Solution, Houston, Texas
Medical billing& Coding Rep.
Using coded data to produce and submit claims to insurance companies Working directly with the insurance company, healthcare provider, and patient to get a claim processed and Paid Verifying patients insurance coverage Answering patients billing questions Handing Collections on unpaid accounts Managing the facility's Accounts Receivable reports.
Pros
lunch
Cons
Medical codier
Great Place to work and Learn
Medical Records Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 28, 2015
I really enjoyed the environment. I was able to learn and develop my communication skills with peers and patients. I was able to work closely with the front office and medical record staff and they made me feel apart of the team on a daily basis. I would recommend anyone to attend Baylor College of Medicine and their intern program.
Pros
Great place to lean and grow
Cons
there were no cons

4.3