Texas Children's Hospital

Texas Children's Hospital Employer Reviews

great company
Accountant II (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 12, 2014
I have been here for two years. Love this place!! Great hospital!
great hospital
Accountant II (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 7, 2014
flexible hours, great learning opportunity, nice working environment...
Great Hospital
Main OR Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 3, 2014
This was a great hospital. Really cared about the patients. Doctor's were easy to get along with, co-workers were willing to teach, and manager's were understanding.
Productive and good environment to work at.
Physical Therapy Student (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 3, 2014
Work ten hour, four days a week. I believe I learn something new everyday, because this population is always challenging you in different ways. The hardest part of this job would be discharging a child with severe disabilities that would benefit from PT but insurance is not covering our services. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to experience the progress of a child.
great job
Nurse Manager, Diagnostic Imaging (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 27, 2014
Good people, strong effective work
loved the patients
believe in the place
Fun and busy place to work at.
International Patient Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TexasFebruary 23, 2014
Good place to work at and the co-workers are very friendly and professional.
Job Balance
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: benifits
Good team of co-workers it really is a good place to work. The staff also made this a good place to work.
friendly atmosphere
Transporter (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: free lunches, company parties
I love this job this is the best job I ever had. The staff was great. The policies was great. The benefits was great.
Productive and Fun work place
Volunteer (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 30, 2014
Working at Texas Children's Volunteer Organization has been personally enriching and exciting experience.
Fun place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: learning experience
A typical day at work is to care for patients and assist families in every possible way.
I learned teamwork, and leadership through my manager.
I learned cooperation trhough my coworkers

the most enjoyable part is to deal with my pediatric patients
Texas Children's
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2014
I worked on several different projects because this position was temporary and I was cover for many departments.

The hardest part of this job was knowing that I had the experience and could not get hired permanently.

Texas Children's is a great place to work.
Great Job
Patient Care Assistant/ CNA (Former Employee), Katy, TXJanuary 3, 2014
Great job great benefits. Great work environment.
Opportunity for advancement. Wonderful campus.
Great RN Job
Staff/Preceptor RN - NICU 3 (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 6, 2013
Great place to work for! I enjoyed working in this unit. I learned a lot and developed a lot as a nurse.
NA
Quality Control/Quality Assurance (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 12, 2013
Overall Texas Childrens Hospital is a great place to work!!
Great place to work.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 12, 2013
Loved my coworkers. Enjoyed meeting and helping patients and families. Very fast pace, but enjoyable.
Five stars all the way!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Cystic Fibrosis UnitNovember 1, 2013
Wonderful experience. Loved the "kids" and their parents. Co-workers were great to work with.
Analyzed financial and related data to determine amount of bonus overpayments made to physicians.
Contractor (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 27, 2013
Pros: used excel a considerable amount of the time learning new features of the software.
Analyzed financial and related data to determine amount of bonus over-payments made to physicians.
cool place to learn
Supply Chain Management/ Tech.2 (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 18, 2013
fjdjkyjkfhjkfhjkfhjkfklfhdhkttrtetitjkdfgerykfgbdrrgjcgbndfhjcgncgh,
Good compensation with rotating positions, so it doesn't get old
Phlebotomy Technician I (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 4, 2013
Pros: help pay for insurance and transportation, on-site employee clinic
They have a very thorough training program where you shadow the trainer for a day or 2, then they shadow you for the rest of the week. You then solo for a week and they check you off so you are free to do it yourself. As it was my first phlebotomy job, I liked this, it helped me to be more comfortable when I went on my own. However, I could see how it may be a bit overboard for an already experienced phlebotomist.

They have great compensation, with a clinic for employees open weekdays. It's only a $10 copay if you partake in the health coverage offered by TCH. If you don't have health insurance through them it's $75 fee.

They pay for either: parking, bus, park and ride, vanpool, or if you choose not to take any of those they'll just give you money (I think $20 per check) They also have "select bucks" which is them literally giving you money toward your insurance to help offset the amount.

Paid every 2 weeks on Thursday, they only offer direct deposit. If you want a printed version of your check you just need to go online and print it yourself.

There is an initial drug test, background check and blood work. They do 2 TB titers, and if it comes back positive they will send for a chest xray. The blood work may be checking for varicella, hepatitis and HIV. As one who actually does the bloodwork for all new employees, I can say they do not do blood drug testing. While they CAN do random testing, I've been told that they only do it when they receive at least 2 reports of suspicious behavior. I haven't heard of anyone having to do a random.

They have "stars" that employees can give to any other employees, just email them and CC their boss. These are to thank other people for being nice, going out of their way to help, etc etc... whatever you think is worthy of a star, honestly. They have an effect on your reviews, and I assume raises as well.

There is a bonus at Christmas time.

Hope this helps!
Great Experience
Speech Language Pathologist, Sr (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 16, 2013
Texas Children's Hospital has been a great opportunity for me. Working on a multi-disciplinary team with such skilled therapists has allowed me to gain knowledge in order to assist me with treating my patients in a more comprehensive manner. I have been able to treat patients with diagnoses that I had not been exposed to previously and had many opportunities for educational growth. I currently work four, 10 hour shifts and am scheduled to see 8 patients a day, each for 1 hour therapy session. This schedule allows me ample time to stay on top of my paperwork and plan for upcoming sessions. During my downtime, I am permitted to observe other therapists providing sessions. I enjoy the opportunity to observe other disciplines and learn new strategies to enhance the therapy sessions with my clients.

About Texas Children's Hospital

Parents in┬áthe Lone Star State┬ácan rest easy knowing Texas Children's Hospital has the doctors and facilities to diagnose and – Read more

Texas Children's Hospital Salaries