Texas Children's Hospital

Texas Children's Hospital Employer Reviews

Great RN Job
Staff/Preceptor RN - NICU 3 (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 6, 2013
Great place to work for! I enjoyed working in this unit. I learned a lot and developed a lot as a nurse.
NA
Quality Control/Quality Assurance (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 12, 2013
Overall Texas Childrens Hospital is a great place to work!!
Great place to work.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 12, 2013
Loved my coworkers. Enjoyed meeting and helping patients and families. Very fast pace, but enjoyable.
Five stars all the way!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Cystic Fibrosis UnitNovember 1, 2013
Wonderful experience. Loved the "kids" and their parents. Co-workers were great to work with.
Analyzed financial and related data to determine amount of bonus overpayments made to physicians.
Contractor (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 27, 2013
Pros: used excel a considerable amount of the time learning new features of the software.
Analyzed financial and related data to determine amount of bonus over-payments made to physicians.
cool place to learn
Supply Chain Management/ Tech.2 (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 18, 2013
fjdjkyjkfhjkfhjkfhjkfklfhdhkttrtetitjkdfgerykfgbdrrgjcgbndfhjcgncgh,
Good compensation with rotating positions, so it doesn't get old
Phlebotomy Technician I (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 4, 2013
Pros: help pay for insurance and transportation, on-site employee clinic
They have a very thorough training program where you shadow the trainer for a day or 2, then they shadow you for the rest of the week. You then solo for a week and they check you off so you are free to do it yourself. As it was my first phlebotomy job, I liked this, it helped me to be more comfortable when I went on my own. However, I could see how – more... it may be a bit overboard for an already experienced phlebotomist.

They have great compensation, with a clinic for employees open weekdays. It's only a $10 copay if you partake in the health coverage offered by TCH. If you don't have health insurance through them it's $75 fee.

They pay for either: parking, bus, park and ride, vanpool, or if you choose not to take any of those they'll just give you money (I think $20 per check) They also have "select bucks" which is them literally giving you money toward your insurance to help offset the amount.

Paid every 2 weeks on Thursday, they only offer direct deposit. If you want a printed version of your check you just need to go online and print it yourself.

There is an initial drug test, background check and blood work. They do 2 TB titers, and if it comes back positive they will send for a chest xray. The blood work may be checking for varicella, hepatitis and HIV. As one who actually does the bloodwork for all new employees, I can say they do not do blood drug testing. While they CAN do random testing, I've been told that they only do it when they receive at least 2 reports of suspicious behavior. I haven't heard of anyone having to do a random.

They have "stars" that employees can give to any other employees, just email them and CC their boss. These are to thank other people for being nice, going out of their way to help, etc etc... whatever you think is worthy of a star, honestly. They have an effect on your reviews, and I assume raises as well.

There is a bonus at Christmas time.

Hope this helps! – less
Great Experience
Speech Language Pathologist, Sr (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 16, 2013
Texas Children's Hospital has been a great opportunity for me. Working on a multi-disciplinary team with such skilled therapists has allowed me to gain knowledge in order to assist me with treating my patients in a more comprehensive manner. I have been able to treat patients with diagnoses that I had not been exposed to previously and had many opportunities – more... for educational growth. I currently work four, 10 hour shifts and am scheduled to see 8 patients a day, each for 1 hour therapy session. This schedule allows me ample time to stay on top of my paperwork and plan for upcoming sessions. During my downtime, I am permitted to observe other therapists providing sessions. I enjoy the opportunity to observe other disciplines and learn new strategies to enhance the therapy sessions with my clients. – less
Fun place to work, capable to help patinets and employees
Human resource professional (Current Employee), Houston, TexasSeptember 15, 2013
Pros: able to help employees
Cons: not enough time in the day
typical work day is great, seeing and interacting with patients, constant responsible for daily revenue from clinic. Hardest part of the day is to ensure that all patients have had adequate services.
Human Resources
Secretary-HR/Benefits (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: gained valuable experience
Cons: doesn't promote within company
First glimpse of the HR field. Working in this department really encourage my pursuit in a career in HR
Opportunities are available for those seeking growth within the organization
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 8, 2013
Pros: teamwork
Cons: short staff
Teamwork. Nurses, physicians, patient care assistants, and other members of allied health work together as a team. Patient care and outcomes are very important.
A lovely place to work
Registered Respiratory Practitioner (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: neat environment
Cons: n/a
Excellent work ethics
Conducive and warming environment
Intelligent co-workers
Productive workplace
Revenue Cycle Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule.
Your day is never the same. You are constantly challenged with new and exciting projects. You get to meet so many different people within the organization. I was able to work closely with many of the chiefs of service within the hospital.
Culture of Niceness
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 27, 2013
Pros: free parking, excellent pto and health benefits
Texas Children's Hospital is a great place to work. You will find that your colleagues are willing to go over and above to make your day a great one.
Great place to work and grow
Intern (Former Employee), Houston, TexasAugust 16, 2013
Excellent opportunity for anyone to not only grow but gain experience in knowledge in as many areas as you desire.
Lieutenant - Senior Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 13, 2013
Pros: good upper management
Texas Children's Hospital is a great place to work. Not only are they one of the best Children's Hospital's in the world. They are also a great employeer. They definitely look after their employee's.
TCH is an exceptional place for treating kids.
Bilingual Interpreter/Translator (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 9, 2013
Pros: the job itself - being in contact with, and able to help, families that had no other way to communicate with their child's doctor or nurse, etc.
Cons: management
I enjoyed this job because I love helping people, specially children. It brought me a lot of joy to be of use to families that knew no English. Some of the children were in very bad shape. When I would get called to go interpret, I would play with the children and they loved it!
What have I learned
Contract Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 31, 2013
I have learned a lot about contract language especially information services agreements.
Lots of volume and the colorful paintings from the kids gave a warm feeling
Staff Accountant-Accounts Payable (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 21, 2013
Pros: parking, on-site banking, mail
Got to experience large volume workflow, learned scanning
Great Company, Great Team, Great Experience
Department Secretary (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 3, 2013
Pros: great doctors and co workers- a team atmosphere
Cons: seeing sick children
A typical day would be to support GI Docs on various research projects. Updating protocols or contacting and scheduling patients for studies. I learned that I am so blessed in my life and that there is so many people fighting real challenges in their life and I learned to respect all those who work feverishly to find cures and help people fight sickness – more... and disease. My co workers were the best and we often spent a lot of time with each other outside of work. We all had much respect for the jobs we did and didnt mind helping anyone who needed it! The hardest part of my job was to perform my normal everyday job duties and also having to do a special project at the same time. Like putting together a world-wide consortium or coordinating a week long Camp for the children we helped. However the most enjoyable part of my job was doing the monthly newsletter for our department which highlighted our 122 department team members and what they did outside of work! I really enjoyed working for this department. – less

About Texas Children's Hospital

Parents in┬áthe Lone Star State┬ácan rest easy knowing Texas Children's Hospital has the doctors and facilities to diagnose and – Read more