Texas Children's Hospital

Texas Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Great place with great medical care for the people that matter most ...our children!
Insurance Administrator (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 10, 2014
Texas Children's Hospital
Staff Nurse, RN (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 24, 2014
Pros: great work environmrnt
Cons: pharmacy sucks
Excellent place to work, as a travel Nurse I am guaranteed full time hours at this busy facility.
Maintained operational processes for facility.
Facility Engineer/ Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 24, 2014
I work the night shift operating equipment and troubleshot according to company guidelines, ensuring smooth facility operations. Excellent management there was two other co worker on the night shift all team players. Need to revise the work shift not work balance. Providing support to the staff.
A good palce to work
Volunteer-NICU (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 20, 2014
Hospital Inventory Specialist was a good place to work. The staff was friendly and helpful.
enjoy the people I work with
Administrative Assistant/Secretary (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 19, 2014
Pros: location
TCH is a great place to work. I've worked at this hospital for over 22 years and have enjoyed everything about this company.
Productive and fun workplace
Lactation Support Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 19, 2014
•Consistently praised for efficient handling of administrative duties (e.g., answering phones, maintaining medical records, patient processing, billing and bookkeeping) that allowed doctors and nursing staff to focus on the health concerns of their patients.
•Ensured the cleanliness, sanitation and maintenance of all facilities, exam rooms and equipment.
•Helped implement practice's quality assurance and control program. Efforts ensured compliance with HIPAA and OSHA regulations; improved patient care/satisfaction;
•Reacted calmly and effectively in emergency situations, and added the personal, caring touch that immediately put patients at ease.
good place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 18, 2014
• Completed annual recertification and scored at least a 90% on aseptic technique/infection control skills and written exam as documented by a qualified observer
• Assisted Pharmacist with the preparation of chemotherapy, intravenous, and oral medication by correctly entering patient’s diagnosis, weight, allergies, and body surface area in the computer
• Guaranteed medication and batch delivery processes were performed correctly by locking controlled substances, refrigerating, and monitoring respiratory care dosage
• Understood legal limitations of technicians when performing duties and referred situations requiring professional judgment to a pharmacist
• Worked closely with Pharmacy Support Services personnel to maintain adequate stock of medications and supplies
• Ensured that medication doses were delivered within established departmental time frame standard
• Maintained patient confidentiality adhering to hospital guidelines and HIPPA rules of compliance
• Contributed to the training of new employees as evidenced by peer review and agendas
Exciting,Fun, and a great learning expierence.
Medical Assistant II (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 18, 2014
Room patients, take vitals.
I have learned that everyone's job is valuable for our patients to leave satisfied with our clinic.
My co-workers are the best team players.
The hardest part is leaving.
Caring for our special need patients.
busy hospital, but for a purpose
Staff RN, Surgical and Orthopedic Unit (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 13, 2014
if you like working with ill children, this is the place for you as a nurse, top notch
great company
Accountant II (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 12, 2014
I have been here for two years. Love this place!! Great hospital!
great hospital
Accountant II (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 7, 2014
flexible hours, great learning opportunity, nice working environment...
Great Hospital
Main OR Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 3, 2014
This was a great hospital. Really cared about the patients. Doctor's were easy to get along with, co-workers were willing to teach, and manager's were understanding.
Productive and good environment to work at.
Physical Therapy Student (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 3, 2014
Work ten hour, four days a week. I believe I learn something new everyday, because this population is always challenging you in different ways. The hardest part of this job would be discharging a child with severe disabilities that would benefit from PT but insurance is not covering our services. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to experience the progress of a child.
great job
Nurse Manager, Diagnostic Imaging (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 27, 2014
Good people, strong effective work
loved the patients
believe in the place
Fun and busy place to work at.
International Patient Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TexasFebruary 23, 2014
Good place to work at and the co-workers are very friendly and professional.
Job Balance
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: benifits
Good team of co-workers it really is a good place to work. The staff also made this a good place to work.
friendly atmosphere
Transporter (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: free lunches, company parties
I love this job this is the best job I ever had. The staff was great. The policies was great. The benefits was great.
Productive and Fun work place
Volunteer (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 30, 2014
Working at Texas Children's Volunteer Organization has been personally enriching and exciting experience.
Fun place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: learning experience
A typical day at work is to care for patients and assist families in every possible way.
I learned teamwork, and leadership through my manager.
I learned cooperation trhough my coworkers

the most enjoyable part is to deal with my pediatric patients
Texas Children's
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2014
I worked on several different projects because this position was temporary and I was cover for many departments.

The hardest part of this job was knowing that I had the experience and could not get hired permanently.

Texas Children's is a great place to work.

About Texas Children's Hospital

Parents in the Lone Star State can rest easy knowing Texas Children's Hospital has the doctors and facilities to diagnose and – Read more

Texas Children's Hospital Salaries