Texas Children's Hospital

Texas Children's Hospital Employer Reviews

Energetic, productive, and edcuational environment
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 6, 2013
Great environment for advancement and the people that work there are great!
Great Hospital to work for
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee), houston texasMay 2, 2013
My time at Texas children's Hospital wasgreat. A typical day at the job would be taking care of work in a fast and efficient way. The co-workers, staff, and everyone else makes you feel as prt of the team. Learned alot of valuable skills that I will be using in my carreer. Most enjoyable part is being able to provide the neccesary equipment for healthcare. – more... Overall a great experience. – less
Great learning experience.
Medical Assistant Extern - Cardiology Department (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 24, 2013
Daily I would perform EKGs and retrieve vitals on all patients coming in to see the doctor. Everyone was a delight to work with. Working with kids helped me mature alot. I was able to improve on my patience, improve on my people skills, and better my problem solving skills. Here I worked in the Cardiology department at a childrens hospital, so everyday – more... was hard having to see the illnesses these young kids suffered. But it was always refreshing to their smiles when they recovered. – less
Resolution Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TexasApril 18, 2013
Pros: the best in the country
Cons: distance to med center
Dedicated staff
Courteous
Knowledgeable
Enthusiastic
Compassionate
Team oriented
An Excellent Hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 11, 2013
Pros: working with wonderful staff and pts/families.
Cons: the long drive there in hectic traffic. exits would be closed, traffic accidents
I enjoyed working in the Short Stay Observation Unit and later on the Unit with Respiratory and Anorexic and Bulemic patients. I learned alot there. The education was wonderful I became certified in Chemotherapy and administered it.
great
Accounts Representative (Former Employee), houston txApril 2, 2013
great place. loved it but was not ableto advance after i received my degree.. i regret leaving.
Daily production to insure all Texas Children's patient receive the best care.
Manager, Admissions (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 14, 2013
Manage and direct a team of Patient Access Representatives, Patient Access Coordinators, Financial Counselors and Medical Auditor responsible for verification of third party eligibility and benefits, precertification of admissions, registration, cash collection, surgery scheduling and direct admits. Prepare yearly budget and responsible for budget performance.
Best company
RN charge nurse renal dialysis (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 16, 2013
Best company I have ever worked for. I will return one day after traveling some. Biggest career mistake I made by leaving.
Ok to work there but some things could be changed to make it a much better place to work
DSA/ Customer Service (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: na
A good place to work.
Benefits are excellent
Management staff is ok
Advancement is hard to come by
Overall Rating is Standard
Helping sick children feel better.
Radiologic Technologist/mammographer (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: stressfull
A typical day at work is very busy and very stressful!
Some co-workers are team players and some are not.
Internship
Information Services Internship (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2013
High School internship. Co-workers were amazing and helpful. Management was helpful as well and supportive.
great company to work for
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee), houston,txJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: good hours
Cons: mico management, no rome for advancement
great ppl
admissions
great patients
benefits ok
work with doctors
worked with insurance companys
Very advanced molecular labs
MGMT (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 3, 2013
I was very impressed by Texas Children's Hospital. This is probably one of the best hospitals in the world I have every seen. Everyone is very professional. Great culture.
GET ALONG WITH EVERYONE
Patient Transportation Dispatcher (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 2, 2013
ENJOYING BEING AROUND DIFFERENT PEOPLE EVERYDAY. GREAT BEEFITS.
Fun and Productive
Call Center/Scheduler (Former Employee), Otolaryngology PediatricsDecember 28, 2012
Pros: food courts available in area, benefits, advancement
Cons: short breaks
Scheduling patients was very easy, I learned to remaned calm and professional when things may get out of control, management was strong and important, co-workers were very helpful and friendly, mostenjoyable part of my job was completing request accurately and on time.
Welcoming
Administrative Assistant to Asst. Director (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 19, 2012
 Prepare requisition check requests and process payments of related fees
 Create and manage budget excel spreadsheets and reports for community events/ communication team
 Reconcile 4 Bank of America ProCards
 Summit reimbursements for the communications team
 Manage/create donor relations gifts and keep inventory
 Schedule and Coordinate filming – more... for TCH video’s/TCH commercials/direct mail video’s(consent forms, speaking with the patients, physicians, charge nurses, security for clearance in the building and department before filming)
 Handle all Community events (process the event for approval, process checks, tax letters, W-9’s, filling tables, communicating with the other organization)
 Responsible for checking out/returning of developments 2 laptops and 3 projectors
 Order all supplies for Graphics Design manager
 Input all appeals for donors who have donated $250 dollars or more in to raiser’s edge
 Order all holiday cards/gifts for donors
 Manage all details of developments monthly staff meetings
 Maintains imputing request for writers assistants/distributing to the writers
 Order patient art for all TCH locations/donors who have events/unveiling at TCH
 Support all writers, researchers, raiser’s edge team, emerging donors and donor relations
 Send out child activities through all TCH locations (stickers, coloring pages, holiday cards, etc.)
 Answer phones/ take messages
 Help with TCH events (registration, name tags, binders, rsvp list, follow up list)
 Schedule and coordinate appointments
 Distribute Daily Mail – less
Not the greatest place for the disabled
nursing (Former Employee), houston, texasDecember 16, 2012
Pros: benefits good, a good place to learn new procedures and ways of doing things.
Cons: not a great place to work if you have a disability, you will be discriminated against, hr will do nothing, instead you will be ran off.
In my 6 year tensure, I saw that TCH discriminated against those who have disability. No one owned up to responsibility rather a disabled employee was written up, hassled, then asked to resign or be fired. No support from management, including upper management. HR was of no help, including employee relations. My manager allowing bullying by a fellow – more... employee to go on and on, HR did nothing. When a complaint was filed, my manager came after me.

Great place for young nurses to learn, but not a great place to work. – less

January 25, 2013

I also had this same experience. I developed a chronic illness around my 10th year. After I had to take some FMLA time I was constantly written up and accused of not meeting deadlines. One of the deadlines was during the time I was out of the office on FMLA. I was browbeaten into taking a demotion which is against FMLA law just to keep my boss from attacking me. I finally had a mental breakdown and was forced to quit and go to therapy. Funny thing was my therapist says I am fine - it was a form of mental abuse that caused my issues. The above comment is correct - HR will do nothing except protect Management. Never assume they are on the side of the employee.

April 18, 2013

During the time I was there, there were people making alot more than I who not only had less experience, but did less on the job. During my depression , I went FMLA. My counselor decided to give me a return to work slip before he went out of the country. That was on a thursday. I got a call from his secretary a week later stating that the slip is waiting for me to pick it up. So I returned with the slip , only to have the nurse tell me that I need a more current date on the return to work slip. I contacted my counselor once he arrived back. he told me he could not make me a new one even though he knew I would be fired If he didn't do so. The whole entire time , the nurse never kept in touch with him nor my situation. Neither did any of my co-workers or leadership chain. So fearing losing my job, I took a chance and changed the date on my slip. I had no other choice. I tried everything.I told the nure my counselour refused to change it. She didn't care. My counselour wanted me to go on an extended FMLA and get minimal compensation. That was his advice even though i was ready to go back to work. I guess he wanted to milk the situation. I ended up working two days before the nurse called me in. I told her what i had done and why. Next thing i know, HR called me in to let me go for forgery. I felt like I had been set up for failure with nobody to help. I accept the forgery. I just feel as though I t shouldn't have had to come to that to begin with.

November 21, 2013

Since leaving TCH, I've learned that they have a pattern for discriminating against people with disabilities and those that are older. It's sad but true. HR does little to help, instead is one of the culprits. Like you, I was browbeaten and made to look and feel like a bad employee, but they were unsuccessful because my 3 previous employee reviews were excellent.

Pediatric dialysis unit
Permanent staff nurse (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 12, 2012
Busy pediatric dialysis unit. I learned hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis skills.
A rewarding place to work and know you help heal sick kids!
IT Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston TexasDecember 12, 2012
Pros: satisfying
Cons: limited upward mobility
A day of adapting, improvising, and overcoming obstacle all to accomplish meeting the technical requirements of health care providers to heal sick kids. I wonderful group of people make up the community of workers that want to help people. The hardest part of this job is the overwhelming amount of work to be done with limited resources to accomplish – more... them. The most enjoyable part is knowing that indirectly I help heal the sick kids that come to our hospital for treatment of their illnesses. – less
Never A Dull Moment
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 5, 2012
I loved working at TCH. Teaches you about how to appreciate being healthy and living a healthy lifestyle.

About Texas Children's Hospital

Parents in the Lone Star State can rest easy knowing Texas Children's Hospital has the doctors and facilities to diagnose and – Read more