Texas Children's Hospital

Texas Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Opportunities are available for those seeking growth within the organization
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 8, 2013
Pros: teamwork
Cons: short staff
Teamwork. Nurses, physicians, patient care assistants, and other members of allied health work together as a team. Patient care and outcomes are very important.
A lovely place to work
Registered Respiratory Practitioner (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: neat environment
Cons: n/a
Excellent work ethics
Conducive and warming environment
Intelligent co-workers
Productive workplace
Revenue Cycle Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule.
Your day is never the same. You are constantly challenged with new and exciting projects. You get to meet so many different people within the organization. I was able to work closely with many of the chiefs of service within the hospital.
Culture of Niceness
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 27, 2013
Pros: free parking, excellent pto and health benefits
Texas Children's Hospital is a great place to work. You will find that your colleagues are willing to go over and above to make your day a great one.
Great place to work and grow
Intern (Former Employee), Houston, TexasAugust 16, 2013
Excellent opportunity for anyone to not only grow but gain experience in knowledge in as many areas as you desire.
Lieutenant - Senior Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 13, 2013
Pros: good upper management
Texas Children's Hospital is a great place to work. Not only are they one of the best Children's Hospital's in the world. They are also a great employeer. They definitely look after their employee's.
TCH is an exceptional place for treating kids.
Bilingual Interpreter/Translator (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 9, 2013
Pros: the job itself - being in contact with, and able to help, families that had no other way to communicate with their child's doctor or nurse, etc.
Cons: management
I enjoyed this job because I love helping people, specially children. It brought me a lot of joy to be of use to families that knew no English. Some of the children were in very bad shape. When I would get called to go interpret, I would play with the children and they loved it!
What have I learned
Contract Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 31, 2013
I have learned a lot about contract language especially information services agreements.
Lots of volume and the colorful paintings from the kids gave a warm feeling
Staff Accountant-Accounts Payable (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 21, 2013
Pros: parking, on-site banking, mail
Got to experience large volume workflow, learned scanning
Great Company, Great Team, Great Experience
Department Secretary (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 3, 2013
Pros: great doctors and co workers- a team atmosphere
Cons: seeing sick children
A typical day would be to support GI Docs on various research projects. Updating protocols or contacting and scheduling patients for studies. I learned that I am so blessed in my life and that there is so many people fighting real challenges in their life and I learned to respect all those who work feverishly to find cures and help people fight sickness and disease. My co workers were the best and we often spent a lot of time with each other outside of work. We all had much respect for the jobs we did and didnt mind helping anyone who needed it! The hardest part of my job was to perform my normal everyday job duties and also having to do a special project at the same time. Like putting together a world-wide consortium or coordinating a week long Camp for the children we helped. However the most enjoyable part of my job was doing the monthly newsletter for our department which highlighted our 122 department team members and what they did outside of work! I really enjoyed working for this department.
Excellant Employer
Integration Analyst II (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 25, 2013
Regular and flexible hours, challenging work, excellant facilities.
Texsa Childrens is a great place to work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), houston,texasMay 21, 2013
Pros: you will get plenty of experience
Cons: always very busy
The benefits are great. They work with your schedule. They encourage you to further your education. The pay is fair.
A great training ground for me
Medical Transcription/ Secretary (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 20, 2013
Pros: studying with pathologists
Cons: leaving; offered another position.
Labcorp was a wonderful experience working side by side with Pathologist brought me so much joy. Learning Medical Terminology in-depth help me to move forward in other fields I've encountered.
political
Team Lead (Current Employee), HoustonMay 17, 2013
too many people in high spots with out degrees and the ones with degree cannot move up.
Excellent Workplace
medical Technologist (Former Employee), HoustonMay 10, 2013
I worked at this company for year and half . I enjoyed working here. Very Strong Administrative Team. They will listen if you say something.
Energetic, productive, and edcuational environment
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 6, 2013
Great environment for advancement and the people that work there are great!
Great Hospital to work for
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee), houston texasMay 2, 2013
My time at Texas children's Hospital wasgreat. A typical day at the job would be taking care of work in a fast and efficient way. The co-workers, staff, and everyone else makes you feel as prt of the team. Learned alot of valuable skills that I will be using in my carreer. Most enjoyable part is being able to provide the neccesary equipment for healthcare. Overall a great experience.
Great learning experience.
Medical Assistant Extern - Cardiology Department (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 24, 2013
Daily I would perform EKGs and retrieve vitals on all patients coming in to see the doctor. Everyone was a delight to work with. Working with kids helped me mature alot. I was able to improve on my patience, improve on my people skills, and better my problem solving skills. Here I worked in the Cardiology department at a childrens hospital, so everyday was hard having to see the illnesses these young kids suffered. But it was always refreshing to their smiles when they recovered.
Resolution Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TexasApril 18, 2013
Pros: the best in the country
Cons: distance to med center
Dedicated staff
Courteous
Knowledgeable
Enthusiastic
Compassionate
Team oriented
An Excellent Hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 11, 2013
Pros: working with wonderful staff and pts/families.
Cons: the long drive there in hectic traffic. exits would be closed, traffic accidents
I enjoyed working in the Short Stay Observation Unit and later on the Unit with Respiratory and Anorexic and Bulemic patients. I learned alot there. The education was wonderful I became certified in Chemotherapy and administered it.

About Texas Children's Hospital

Parents in┬áthe Lone Star State┬ácan rest easy knowing Texas Children's Hospital has the doctors and facilities to diagnose and – Read more

Texas Children's Hospital Salaries