Texas Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

A Great Job to work
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 30, 2017
I love working at Texas Children's Hospital! It is great friendly people working there and I love seeing the beautiful kids coming to the hospital. I learn different things every da.
Pros
friendly workers
Cons
no free lunch
Good environment with supportive coworkers, however the management team is to be desired.
Physical Therapy (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 30, 2017
The most important part of the job is patient care and knowing that there is value in the work that you perform. The hardest part of the job is managing all the other aspects of the job such as meetings, paperwork, and politics.
Great place to work and gain skills.
Certified Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 26, 2017
Days could vary from fast pace to slow. They really do care about their patients and some areas care about their employees. It seems like they pick and choose management. Earning a management position is based on politics.
Pros
Doing something positive in the community and patient satisfaction
Cons
Certain management
Fast paced teaching and learning atmosphere
Senior Medical Technologist-Blood Bank (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 24, 2017
Texas Children's Hospital is a fast paced teaching hospital that provides an atmosphere in which one can grow and advance in their field. Would recommend this laboratory to either an entry level or experienced technologist.
fantastic healthcare provider
Staff Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 19, 2017
learned so much from working here at TCH. very encouraging for professional growth and opportunities within the organization. highly enjoyable place to work
Wrongfully Terminated
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 19, 2017
The shifts are not staffed properly and it is much room for error, due to the pressure of the work. Favoritism is shown, it's all about who you know. It's very unorganized and they are not in support of continuing education. The shifts are never covered and if you're part time, managers will expect you to stay overtime and work double shifts. Pay is not based on experience. Make sure to document complaints, keep emails, and record any audio or videos that they plan to use against you. They alter/edit videos to avoid paying unemployment.
Pros
They have in-house training for IV certification.
Cons
Pharmacy is the worst department in the hospital.
work realted
OR Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 18, 2017
Not a great place to work for. Too many wrong doing in here. Managers do not take nor value your inputs ito what you have to say about working envirments.
Best job ever!!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  PACUApril 15, 2017
This hospital really supported its nursing staff. They provided lots of continuing education and tuition assistance. The management worked well with staffing. There was lots of opportunity for patient teaching and develop critical care nursing skills.
Pros
Lots of rare pediatric conditions were treated
Cons
Only reason for leaving was to return to florida and family
Productive and fast paced hospital
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 14, 2017
Texas Childrens Hospital overall is a great place to work. I was given the opportunity to work at TCH a little over three years ago. Just moving here from another state and getting the hospital job that I have always wanted felt great.
Pros
Endless overtime opportunities
Cons
Not enough appreciation, low hourly pay
Friendly and Fun place to work
OR Clerical Secretary, Part Time (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 9, 2017
My previous position and manager I enjoyed better than my current. Over all it is a fun and friend place to work with children. No other comments.... No other comments... No other comments

Want to know more about Texas Children's Hospital?

Ask a question
Love it here!
Unit Clerk Assistant (UCA) 5N (Abercrombie) (Current Employee) –  Houston TXApril 8, 2017
I love working here and I dont want to leave. The staff is great and friendly, very helpful aswell. They are very understanding that life happens and try to help you as much as they can.
Challenging but rewarding work at times
RN NICU/Mother Baby/ Transition (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 8, 2017
Challenging work but rewarding, the facilities and equipment are well maintained and you have what you need to do your job. patient assignments are at times overwhelming.
Good caring place to work
Electroneurodiagnostic Tech (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 7, 2017
I should have never left there, it was a great place to work and was vary challenging. I wish I could have done more to learn more in other departments, I hope I can get the chance. Texas Childrens is a wonderful place for the children, it has excellant care and the physicians and employees strive to do the vary best in helping them. The work was the easy part. The heart was tugged by the patients and all there problems. It was a good feeling to help them and hopefylly i can get another chance to be appart of the team there.
challenging yet exciting place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 6, 2017
In a days work, you are faced with challenging situations that help you expand your knowledge in nursing as well as create great life lessons. It is a multicultural place in which you are able to create and establish great relationships. management is constantly changing in the newborn center/ nicu.
Service Coordinator
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 5, 2017
Learned a new field of nursing. Flexibility. Good work/life balance. good benefits. You have to be able to work independently and get your work done. good job.
Pros
working from home
fair work environment
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 3, 2017
Fair work environment that had its challenges; however there was a certain level of commitment to helping employees succeed in their role. I stayed with this company for almost 1 year.
Fun and energetic place to work
Accounting Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 1, 2017
I loved working at Texas Children's Hospital. The company really take care of their employees, it is a great place to work. I only left because I was attending school full-time.
Rated as best place to work Houston
Talent Acquisition Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 24, 2017
Great place to work with more amazing people. Great place to work with great core values and nursing and physician staff that are the very best in the industry. I've learned what servant leadership is.
Nice place to work.
EVS Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 21, 2017
Hard work but good employers recommend to anyone. Management was ok. I learned the proper way to clean in a hospital environment. They offer a good benefits package.
Top patient care
Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 21, 2017
Interning at the Texas Children's Hospital was an incredible experience because it taught me many methods to obtain excellent result during recovery. Here, I had intern at their physical therapy facility and helped children with their physical therapy exercises.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texas Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3