Texas Christian University Employee Reviews in United States

Exciting workplace
Anatomy and Physiology Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 5, 2016
Many opportunities to learn and grow as a student worker. Gained insight and knowledge on various aspects of biology and health sciences.
Sometimes tough working in the heat, but good management and reasonable hours
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 31, 2016
Good hours, good coworkers that are often open to taking shifts if in need, management is helpful. The work can be a bit tough or monotonous as it requires standing/sitting in one place for long-ish periods of time, often in the heat (in the summer). You have to also clean and maintain the pool.
Pros
solid pay, good management, fairly easy-to-learn jobs
Cons
difficult in summer (heat)
Very interactive role
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 14, 2016
This role has allowed me to make strong interpersonal connections with my peers, as well as lead them to grow in their personal lives.
Pros
Free room and board
A great place to work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 18, 2016
Tcu has excellent benefits for is employees a day there is pretty straight forward in maintaining the rules and policies set out by the chancellor and trustees for the students to follow. Tcu has some of the best people to work with most have 30 or more years in their profession it was an honor to work with them for as long as I did I really have no complaints about the job itself other than when you start working there you have to start on the graveyard shift and it can be quite some time before a better shift becomes available
Pros
Excellent benefits and pay for the work required
Cons
starting on late or graveyard hours until a day position opens
fun place to work
Library Circulation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 26, 2015
I enjoyed coming in to work every single day when I was working at the rock wall. My coworkers were all friendly and everyone there seemed to be very excited about the things we did. We worked at the rock wall and lead excursions through the outdoor program at TCU.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Not a lot of hours
Keeps you young
Finance/Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 11, 2015
Good benefits; flexible work schedules; ample paid time off; various activities and options to be a part of college life
Quiet work-study job with
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TexasSeptember 30, 2015
Working at the Music Library was the perfect work-study job because it was super quiet, not many people used it so I had plenty of time to study and do homework, and we had a lot of holiday potlucks and donuts every Friday morning.
A typical day of work consisted of checking books/media in and out of the library using the online and manual catalog systems, organizing and shelving books using the dewey decimal system, and using the matrix computer system to connect dvd players to the computers for patrons' use. When there wasn't any work to be done, I had the chance to do some homework and study.
I learned a lot about time management because of finishing homework before class, shelving up to fifty books at a time in under ten minutes, and organize paperwork. I also gained a lot of teamwork skills from splitting up duties with my coworkers and figuring out how to trade shifts with people. All of my coworkers were librarians and other library assistants that were all work-study students.
The hardest part of the job was adapting to using computer systems I had never heard of, but from that experience I gained the skill to adapt to different environments with ease. The most enjoyable part of the job was that the small space we had allowed for a small and relatively close community that was comfortable to work in.
Pros
financial aid, making friends, learning a lot about how the library works
Cons
short breaks
Texas Christian university
Residence Hall Director/Faculty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TexasApril 8, 2015
Great place to live, learn and grow within the realms of higher education.Supervise students in the residential community and provide leadership training and development within the college campus.
Very good job
TCU TTC Computer Lab Monitor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 9, 2015
This was a student worker job. this means I have to finish working there when I graduate in May. It was a great job. There where more students working in the same place so that makes it a really friendly environment.
great place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  fort worth, txJanuary 22, 2015
everyone is nice and ready to help you succeed. great employee tuition program, wonderful employee benefits. team spirit is highly encouraged
They know that when it comes to finding the right opportunity, it is all about timing. They want to be here to help you when the time is right and look forward to staying connected.
Enjoyed the fans
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort WorthJanuary 15, 2015
Great experience just wish there was more shifts available.
great
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort WorthJanuary 11, 2015
This was a great company that I really enjoyed working for. They truly care about their employees and their customers. The company strives to promote high ethics and a friendly yet still competitive environment.
Loved working at TCU!
Administrative Assistant for School of Music (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 3, 2014
Loved working on the TCU campus, unfortunately the commute from Grapevine was too much for me with the rising cost of fuel.
n/a
Lab Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth TxAugust 27, 2014
Okay for some reason they are not letting me create a account without writing a review and I have nothing interesting to say about working at TCU. Its a great job is all I have to say and they pay very well.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
seasonal
Summary of TCU
Special Projects Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 19, 2014
Great campus to work for, friendly people, very supportive of employees.
Great academic institution to have as a client.
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 29, 2014
Typical work day always very exciting as it produced great challenges and opportunities for execution of all our set daily goals. I learnt new things everyday by observing and listening to students, faculty and staff feedback also feedback from my team members and all other stakeholders I interacted with.
Management team had a full grasp of the vision and goals of the account. Has been very supportive and respected all departmental leadership and was open to all feedback from the frontline team members and supervisors.
The hardest part of the job was controlling the concessions staff turn over. But the most enjoyable part were the team celebrations at the end of every quarter as we measured our team success.
Pros
continuous training opportunities were great.
Cons
communication huddles with the student government.
summer fun and helping future college students get prepared
Aug 2011Residential Assistant for Summer Program (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 20, 2014
 Tutoring of all subjects for age 14-18 years old
 Counseling
 Tutoring and Monitoring SAT and ACT testing
Productive and enjoyable workplace.
Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 17, 2014
I provided quality customer service to promote a pleasant environment. I was selected to train new desk assistants. I improved the working environment for the students and guests. I was responsible for answering phone calls and guiding guests. The hardest part of the job was working three nights a week from 12 am to 3 am on school nights. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with and meeting new people.
Pros
meeting new people, working on campus
Cons
working late night/early morning shifts, low pay
It's a university
IT Worker (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 24, 2014
Management and workforce is a mix of older professionals and new professionals. Very entrenched in the way things are done and hesitant to change. Very "inbred" meaning, TCU hires their own graduates. This can hurt and help the institution. It limits the influx of new ideas, but fosters a sense of familiarity.
Pros
fairly good health care
Cons
lack desire to change or improve and focus on upper-class white women.
Inspiring Environment
Study Abroad Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Center for International StudiesMarch 5, 2014
TCU is a truly unique work environment, for employees who are passionate about what the University is trying to do for its students. Expectations are high, but there is an enthusiasm and a buy-in unlike any other institution I have interviewed with or worked for. If the appropriate position was available, I would return to work at TCU in a heart-beat.

4.6