Texas Christian University Employee Reviews

Intern Strenth and Conditioning (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 15, 2017
While at TCU, the foundation was set for my career. I studied there for my bachelors degree and went back for my masters. While there I was able to study under the Master Strength coach and learn the fundamentals of Strength and conditioning.
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 6, 2017
Working at TCU provided a great balance of work and personal life demands. Management is extremely welcoming and helpful. Expect to work hard but treated with respect.
Loved TCU
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 12, 2017
TCU Department of physics was great. Great support from the university, from the college, from the department, and my advisor. Fort Worth was my favorite city ever to live in.
Ga
Adjunct Professor/ Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 15, 2017
Great place to work!
I learned a lot about how to run a classroom and conduct research. This is a wonderful position while finishing graduate school..
Summary
NCAA Swimming Student Athlete (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 13, 2017
I was an NCAA student athlete. Being a student athlete taught me that time management was very much needed. I also learned that I a able to accomplish more things that I thought I would be able to as long as I was able to put the work in.
Great place to work and learn besides young minds. I love being in the classroom.
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 11, 2017
It is a honor to work with student who will change the future. Great place to work. The facilities and equipment is top quality. I have great student who want to learn and are respectful. My only complaint is parking but the university is working on that.
Pros
Flexible
Tcu
Senior Maintenance Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 30, 2017
I worked with several electrical contractors on various sizes of projects. Getting paid for watching sporting events, concerts, and other events. The rec center was a good place to work out.
Pros
College Campus
Cons
Tenured Professors
Excellent Research Experience
National Science Foundation Research Fellow (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 20, 2017
Amazing support and mentoring of students! TCU takes great care to make sure students are prepared to enter the workforce after graduation. Professors take great care in fostering the potential of students.
volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 7, 2017
what i did is serve the football player water and towers. keep the order of entrance people. it was a good experience and nice campus in TCU. the atmosphere was really good.
Great so far!
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 20, 2017
My department and others on campus have been very friendly and helpful; I appreciate the amount of autonomy I have been given and the pay is good compared to other adjunct jobs.
Cons
Adjuncting is never enough to live on.

Want to know more about Texas Christian University?

Ask a question
Fun environment
Coach (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 13, 2016
Camps are long but well worth the time teaching kids the game. Sometime the days can get long but usually the campers are spirited and fun to be around.
Pros
Free lunch, meet new people
Cons
Long days, Lots of kids
fun and productive workplace
Controls Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 24, 2016
a typical day at work was fixing any air condition or HVAC equipment to make the students or staff comfortable at the college. I learned all aspects of the HVAC industry. Co-workers there were kind and hard working. Hardest part of the job was there was not always work or something to fix or maintain. The most enjoyable part of the job were the co-workers everyone was very nice.
Pros
great benefits and they made their employees feel like family
Cons
no chances for promotion or upward movement of any kind
Great atmosphere
Employee (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 30, 2016
Great working atmosphere. Everybody here is extremely friendly, patient, and willing to help. Great place to start your career. Great work/ life balance and understanding staff.
Productive and fun work environment
Mediator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 23, 2016
Great place to work; Productive and fun work environment. managers and co workers were knowledgable. learned a lot about how to run a business from the management.
fun and friendly work study job
Library Circulation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 20, 2016
it was a fun working environment. the pay was good and the managers treated me well. If it were not a work study job I would like to work there still.
Pros
flexible hours
Exciting workplace
Anatomy and Physiology Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 5, 2016
Many opportunities to learn and grow as a student worker. Gained insight and knowledge on various aspects of biology and health sciences.
Sometimes tough working in the heat, but good management and reasonable hours
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 31, 2016
Good hours, good coworkers that are often open to taking shifts if in need, management is helpful. The work can be a bit tough or monotonous as it requires standing/sitting in one place for long-ish periods of time, often in the heat (in the summer). You have to also clean and maintain the pool.
Pros
solid pay, good management, fairly easy-to-learn jobs
Cons
difficult in summer (heat)
Very interactive role
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 14, 2016
This role has allowed me to make strong interpersonal connections with my peers, as well as lead them to grow in their personal lives.
Pros
Free room and board
A great place to work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 18, 2016
Tcu has excellent benefits for is employees a day there is pretty straight forward in maintaining the rules and policies set out by the chancellor and trustees for the students to follow. Tcu has some of the best people to work with most have 30 or more years in their profession it was an honor to work with them for as long as I did I really have no complaints about the job itself other than when you start working there you have to start on the graveyard shift and it can be quite some time before a better shift becomes available
Pros
Excellent benefits and pay for the work required
Cons
starting on late or graveyard hours until a day position opens
fun place to work
Library Circulation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 26, 2015
I enjoyed coming in to work every single day when I was working at the rock wall. My coworkers were all friendly and everyone there seemed to be very excited about the things we did. We worked at the rock wall and lead excursions through the outdoor program at TCU.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Not a lot of hours