Texas Christian University Employee Reviews in United States

Sometimes tough working in the heat, but good management and reasonable hours
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 31, 2016
Good hours, good coworkers that are often open to taking shifts if in need, management is helpful. The work can be a bit tough or monotonous as it requires standing/sitting in one place for long-ish periods of time, often in the heat (in the summer). You have to also clean and maintain the pool.
Pros
solid pay, good management, fairly easy-to-learn jobs
Cons
difficult in summer (heat)
fun and friendly work study job
Library Circulation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 20, 2016
it was a fun working environment. the pay was good and the managers treated me well. If it were not a work study job I would like to work there still.
Pros
flexible hours
A great place to work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 18, 2016
Tcu has excellent benefits for is employees a day there is pretty straight forward in maintaining the rules and policies set out by the chancellor and trustees for the students to follow. Tcu has some of the best people to work with most have 30 or more years in their profession it was an honor to work with them for as long as I did I really have no complaints about the job itself other than when you start working there you have to start on the graveyard shift and it can be quite some time before a better shift becomes available
Pros
Excellent benefits and pay for the work required
Cons
starting on late or graveyard hours until a day position opens
Productive and fun work environment
Mediator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 23, 2016
Great place to work; Productive and fun work environment. managers and co workers were knowledgable. learned a lot about how to run a business from the management.
Great atmosphere
Employee (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 30, 2016
Great working atmosphere. Everybody here is extremely friendly, patient, and willing to help. Great place to start your career. Great work/ life balance and understanding staff.
Exciting workplace
Anatomy and Physiology Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 5, 2016
Many opportunities to learn and grow as a student worker. Gained insight and knowledge on various aspects of biology and health sciences.
fun place to work
Library Circulation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 26, 2015
I enjoyed coming in to work every single day when I was working at the rock wall. My coworkers were all friendly and everyone there seemed to be very excited about the things we did. We worked at the rock wall and lead excursions through the outdoor program at TCU.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Not a lot of hours
Very interactive role
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 14, 2016
This role has allowed me to make strong interpersonal connections with my peers, as well as lead them to grow in their personal lives.
Pros
Free room and board
Keeps you young
Finance/Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 11, 2015
Good benefits; flexible work schedules; ample paid time off; various activities and options to be a part of college life
great place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  fort worth, txJanuary 22, 2015
everyone is nice and ready to help you succeed. great employee tuition program, wonderful employee benefits. team spirit is highly encouraged
They know that when it comes to finding the right opportunity, it is all about timing. They want to be here to help you when the time is right and look forward to staying connected.
Texas Christian university
Residence Hall Director/Faculty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TexasApril 8, 2015
Great place to live, learn and grow within the realms of higher education.Supervise students in the residential community and provide leadership training and development within the college campus.
Productive and enjoyable workplace.
Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 17, 2014
I provided quality customer service to promote a pleasant environment. I was selected to train new desk assistants. I improved the working environment for the students and guests. I was responsible for answering phone calls and guiding guests. The hardest part of the job was working three nights a week from 12 am to 3 am on school nights. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with and meeting new people.
Pros
meeting new people, working on campus
Cons
working late night/early morning shifts, low pay
Part-time job while getting my Bachelor degree
Mathematics Grading Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 28, 2014
I worked at two job in Texas Christian University (TCU). I was a Math grader and Computer help desk assistant. I kept both jobs because I like number crunching as well as dealing with people. Math grading job helped me and kept me updated with my math skills and computer lab assistant job helped me in interacting with different students, faculty and staff members.
Pros
pizza party every semester
Cons
short breaks
Energizing and Culturally Diverse Campus
Administrative Assistant/Criminal Justice (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 16, 2014
Texas Christian University is a top notch college with the most beautiful, energizing and stimulating campus. The work environment is incredible and the education you can receive is well worth it. As a graduate of TCU and a staff member, I have seen the academic world from boths sides.
Pros
bright, inquisitive students and challenging, stimulating faculty members
Cons
not enough upward mobility advancement opportunities for staff members
It's a university
IT Worker (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 24, 2014
Management and workforce is a mix of older professionals and new professionals. Very entrenched in the way things are done and hesitant to change. Very "inbred" meaning, TCU hires their own graduates. This can hurt and help the institution. It limits the influx of new ideas, but fosters a sense of familiarity.
Pros
fairly good health care
Cons
lack desire to change or improve and focus on upper-class white women.
Inspiring Environment
Study Abroad Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Center for International StudiesMarch 5, 2014
TCU is a truly unique work environment, for employees who are passionate about what the University is trying to do for its students. Expectations are high, but there is an enthusiasm and a buy-in unlike any other institution I have interviewed with or worked for. If the appropriate position was available, I would return to work at TCU in a heart-beat.
Very good job
TCU TTC Computer Lab Monitor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 9, 2015
This was a student worker job. this means I have to finish working there when I graduate in May. It was a great job. There where more students working in the same place so that makes it a really friendly environment.
I loved the relationships that I have built with our client and enjoyed the atmosphere.
Operations Manager, Sodexo (Former Employee) –  Main Campus and StadiumsFebruary 3, 2014
A typical day at work consist of inner-acting daily with students and staffs as well as employees. Fore-seeing conflicts before they occur and maintaining customer satisfaction.

I learned mountains of knowledge from the business aspects, financially and operationally.

I was a member of management and our co-workers were exceptional. We had a great team.

The hardest part of my job was time management. I worked several hours a day and really never knew when it was time to go home. So when balancing work and home, I always leaned to the work side of it.

I enjoyed seeing our employees succeed with promotions. I currently had 4 supervisors promoted to management with my time at TCU.
Pros
success, constant cross training, job security
Cons
adversity and stressful
Great academic institution to have as a client.
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 29, 2014
Typical work day always very exciting as it produced great challenges and opportunities for execution of all our set daily goals. I learnt new things everyday by observing and listening to students, faculty and staff feedback also feedback from my team members and all other stakeholders I interacted with.
Management team had a full grasp of the vision and goals of the account. Has been very supportive and respected all departmental leadership and was open to all feedback from the frontline team members and supervisors.
The hardest part of the job was controlling the concessions staff turn over. But the most enjoyable part were the team celebrations at the end of every quarter as we measured our team success.
Pros
continuous training opportunities were great.
Cons
communication huddles with the student government.
Great place to work and to grow
Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TexasJanuary 9, 2012
This is a great place to work if
-you're weary of the corporate workplace
-you want the place to work to feel like a family
-you want to try something new
Pros
great benefits, generous vacation, occasional early 3 pm dismissals on fridays
Cons
salary is a little below market rates but, benefits make up the difference

4.6