Texas Christian University

Texas Christian University Employer Reviews

Great academic institution to have as a client.
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 29, 2014
Pros: continuous training opportunities were great.
Cons: communication huddles with the student government.
Typical work day always very exciting as it produced great challenges and opportunities for execution of all our set daily goals. I learnt new things everyday by observing and listening to students, faculty and staff feedback also feedback from my team members and all other stakeholders I interacted with.
Management team had a full grasp of the vision – more... and goals of the account. Has been very supportive and respected all departmental leadership and was open to all feedback from the frontline team members and supervisors.
The hardest part of the job was controlling the concessions staff turn over. But the most enjoyable part were the team celebrations at the end of every quarter as we measured our team success. – less
summer fun and helping future college students get prepared
Aug 2011Residential Assistant for Summer Program (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 20, 2014
 Tutoring of all subjects for age 14-18 years old
 Counseling
 Tutoring and Monitoring SAT and ACT testing
Productive and enjoyable workplace.
Desk Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 17, 2014
Pros: meeting new people, working on campus
Cons: working late night/early morning shifts, low pay
I provided quality customer service to promote a pleasant environment. I was selected to train new desk assistants. I improved the working environment for the students and guests. I was responsible for answering phone calls and guiding guests. The hardest part of the job was working three nights a week from 12 am to 3 am on school nights. The most enjoyable – more... part of the job was interacting with and meeting new people. – less
It's a university
IT Worker (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 24, 2014
Pros: fairly good health care
Cons: lack desire to change or improve and focus on upper-class white women.
Management and workforce is a mix of older professionals and new professionals. Very entrenched in the way things are done and hesitant to change. Very "inbred" meaning, TCU hires their own graduates. This can hurt and help the institution. It limits the influx of new ideas, but fosters a sense of familiarity.
Inspiring Environment
Study Abroad Coordinator (Former Employee), Center for International StudiesMarch 5, 2014
TCU is a truly unique work environment, for employees who are passionate about what the University is trying to do for its students. Expectations are high, but there is an enthusiasm and a buy-in unlike any other institution I have interviewed with or worked for. If the appropriate position was available, I would return to work at TCU in a heart-beat.
Good Place to work
Game Day Marketing Intern (Current Employee), Fort WorthFebruary 25, 2014
TCU is a good place to work. It is a family atmosphere. Sometimes limited opportunity for advancement
I loved the relationships that I have built with our client and enjoyed the atmosphere.
Operations Manager, Sodexo (Former Employee), Main Campus and StadiumsFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: success, constant cross training, job security
Cons: adversity and stressful
A typical day at work consist of inner-acting daily with students and staffs as well as employees. Fore-seeing conflicts before they occur and maintaining customer satisfaction.

I learned mountains of knowledge from the business aspects, financially and operationally.

I was a member of management and our co-workers were exceptional. We had a great – more... team.

The hardest part of my job was time management. I worked several hours a day and really never knew when it was time to go home. So when balancing work and home, I always leaned to the work side of it.

I enjoyed seeing our employees succeed with promotions. I currently had 4 supervisors promoted to management with my time at TCU. – less
Part-time job while getting my Bachelor degree
Mathematics Grading Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: pizza party every semester
Cons: short breaks
I worked at two job in Texas Christian University (TCU). I was a Math grader and Computer help desk assistant. I kept both jobs because I like number crunching as well as dealing with people. Math grading job helped me and kept me updated with my math skills and computer lab assistant job helped me in interacting with different students, faculty and – more... staff members. – less
Energizing and Culturally Diverse Campus
Administrative Assistant/Criminal Justice (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: bright, inquisitive students and challenging, stimulating faculty members
Cons: not enough upward mobility advancement opportunities for staff members
Texas Christian University is a top notch college with the most beautiful, energizing and stimulating campus. The work environment is incredible and the education you can receive is well worth it. As a graduate of TCU and a staff member, I have seen the academic world from boths sides.
Professional atmosphere committed to the patient.
student health center, PRN (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: environment is college focused which is neat
Cons: na
Patient focused and it is and educational environment and the staff are very friendly.
On Campus Employment
Desk Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 19, 2013
On Campus Employment, fun working with other students. Managed keys, inventory, hired and trained staff. Very open and creative environment. Leadership was concerned with work life balance. Flexible hours.
Overview
TCU WRITING ASSOCIATE PROGRAM (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 11, 2013
I tutored and mentored students in a Freshman level History class in essay writing through a programed which strived to teach students that writing is a process.
Great student centered evironment.
Health Services Administrator (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 25, 2013
Pros: students
Cons: differentiating medical laws vs. company practices
The most enjoyable part of the job is working towards student patient quality care. The hardest part of the job is upper management not being able to comprehend how clinical services is held at a higher responsibility to quality reporting and policies than simply reporting to a non clinical department head whom knows nothing about medical standards – more... nor medical legislation and how that legislation supersedes company generic practices – less
Productive and fun work place
Annual Fund Officer (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 27, 2013
Pros: travel
Cons: travel
Responsible for identifying potential donors, developing fund-raising strategies for regional assignments, and soliciting funds and pledges while marketing funding programs. Attended CASE Regional IV seminars and completed TCU Planned Giving course work.
Outstanding education in outstanding environment
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 10, 2013
The best part of going to school and working at TCU is it's close proximity to the Kimbell Art Museum, the Amon Carter Art Museum, and the Museum of Modern Art.
Fantastic environment in which to work
Director of Communications (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXDecember 18, 2012
Pros: great vacation time off
The university is really on the rise and it is a great time to be at TCU.
A+
Event Planner (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 10, 2012
The university is not only a place to academic development but also provided great first steps toward learning real-life business experience.

AimS – September 16, 2012

I am an ICU nurse of 8 81/2 years and wanting to get out of the hospital setting. Do you, as a former employee, feel this would be an adequate and fulfilling position? What are your pros and cons for this employer?

Good and fun learning experience
General Chemistry Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 10, 2012
Pros: small classes and great professors
Cons: expensive tuition
TCU though is small university but consisted of high quality teaching and learning experience. The TCU staff is always willing to assist students at anytime.
Help instructors to grade the assignment and take attendance.
Grader (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 22, 2012
It is a very easy job. But I still enjoy this experience. It taught me to be patient to each student and let me aware that it is not a easy thing as instructor.
Challenging and self fulfilling.
Head Supervisor of Housekeeping (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXFebruary 17, 2012
Pros: free tuition for college attending students, discounted season tickets to all sporting events, and healthbenefits.
Cons: long hours, far from home, no room for advancement.
During my employment with Texas Christian University, My talents were challenged and proved with the responsibility of 30 housekeepers, 5 floor crew and 17 residential buildings. All of this during the regular school year. After classes released in May the housekeeper count jumped to 42 housekeepers. I was responsible for planning and assigning building – more... cleans for the end of the year and preparing dorms for summer school students, staff members and camps which are run throughout the summer. All of this requires timed cleaning schedules. I also attended summer meetings with other staff members in maintenance, summer conferences, and student affairs. I was responsible for time and attendance for all employees, maintaining relationships with outside vendors as well as other department heads. – less