Texas Christian University Employee Reviews

Texas Christian university
Residence Hall Director/Faculty Advisor (Former Employee), Ft. Worth, TexasApril 8, 2015
Great place to live, learn and grow within the realms of higher education.Supervise students in the residential community and provide leadership training and development within the college campus.
Very good job
TCU TTC Computer Lab Monitor (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 9, 2015
This was a student worker job. this means I have to finish working there when I graduate in May. It was a great job. There where more students working in the same place so that makes it a really friendly environment.
great place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee), fort worth, txJanuary 22, 2015
everyone is nice and ready to help you succeed. great employee tuition program, wonderful employee benefits. team spirit is highly encouraged
They know that when it comes to finding the right opportunity, it is all about timing. They want to be here to help you when the time is right and look forward to staying connected.
Enjoyed the fans
Security Officer (Former Employee), Fort WorthJanuary 15, 2015
Great experience just wish there was more shifts available.
great
Residential Assistant (Former Employee), Fort WorthJanuary 11, 2015
This was a great company that I really enjoyed working for. They truly care about their employees and their customers. The company strives to promote high ethics and a friendly yet still competitive environment.
Loved working at TCU!
Administrative Assistant for School of Music (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXNovember 3, 2014
Loved working on the TCU campus, unfortunately the commute from Grapevine was too much for me with the rising cost of fuel.
n/a
Lab Coordinator (Current Employee), Fort Worth TxAugust 27, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: seasonal
Okay for some reason they are not letting me create a account without writing a review and I have nothing interesting to say about working at TCU. Its a great job is all I have to say and they pay very well.
Summary of TCU
Special Projects Coordinator (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 19, 2014
Great campus to work for, friendly people, very supportive of employees.
Great academic institution to have as a client.
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 29, 2014
Pros: continuous training opportunities were great.
Cons: communication huddles with the student government.
Typical work day always very exciting as it produced great challenges and opportunities for execution of all our set daily goals. I learnt new things everyday by observing and listening to students, faculty and staff feedback also feedback from my team members and all other stakeholders I interacted with.
Management team had a full grasp of the vision and goals of the account. Has been very supportive and respected all departmental leadership and was open to all feedback from the frontline team members and supervisors.
The hardest part of the job was controlling the concessions staff turn over. But the most enjoyable part were the team celebrations at the end of every quarter as we measured our team success.
summer fun and helping future college students get prepared
Aug 2011Residential Assistant for Summer Program (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 20, 2014
 Tutoring of all subjects for age 14-18 years old
 Counseling
 Tutoring and Monitoring SAT and ACT testing
Productive and enjoyable workplace.
Desk Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 17, 2014
Pros: meeting new people, working on campus
Cons: working late night/early morning shifts, low pay
I provided quality customer service to promote a pleasant environment. I was selected to train new desk assistants. I improved the working environment for the students and guests. I was responsible for answering phone calls and guiding guests. The hardest part of the job was working three nights a week from 12 am to 3 am on school nights. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with and meeting new people.
It's a university
IT Worker (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 24, 2014
Pros: fairly good health care
Cons: lack desire to change or improve and focus on upper-class white women.
Management and workforce is a mix of older professionals and new professionals. Very entrenched in the way things are done and hesitant to change. Very "inbred" meaning, TCU hires their own graduates. This can hurt and help the institution. It limits the influx of new ideas, but fosters a sense of familiarity.
Inspiring Environment
Study Abroad Coordinator (Former Employee), Center for International StudiesMarch 5, 2014
TCU is a truly unique work environment, for employees who are passionate about what the University is trying to do for its students. Expectations are high, but there is an enthusiasm and a buy-in unlike any other institution I have interviewed with or worked for. If the appropriate position was available, I would return to work at TCU in a heart-beat.
Good Place to work
Game Day Marketing Intern (Current Employee), Fort WorthFebruary 25, 2014
TCU is a good place to work. It is a family atmosphere. Sometimes limited opportunity for advancement
I loved the relationships that I have built with our client and enjoyed the atmosphere.
Operations Manager, Sodexo (Former Employee), Main Campus and StadiumsFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: success, constant cross training, job security
Cons: adversity and stressful
A typical day at work consist of inner-acting daily with students and staffs as well as employees. Fore-seeing conflicts before they occur and maintaining customer satisfaction.

I learned mountains of knowledge from the business aspects, financially and operationally.

I was a member of management and our co-workers were exceptional. We had a great team.

The hardest part of my job was time management. I worked several hours a day and really never knew when it was time to go home. So when balancing work and home, I always leaned to the work side of it.

I enjoyed seeing our employees succeed with promotions. I currently had 4 supervisors promoted to management with my time at TCU.
Part-time job while getting my Bachelor degree
Mathematics Grading Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: pizza party every semester
Cons: short breaks
I worked at two job in Texas Christian University (TCU). I was a Math grader and Computer help desk assistant. I kept both jobs because I like number crunching as well as dealing with people. Math grading job helped me and kept me updated with my math skills and computer lab assistant job helped me in interacting with different students, faculty and staff members.
Energizing and Culturally Diverse Campus
Administrative Assistant/Criminal Justice (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: bright, inquisitive students and challenging, stimulating faculty members
Cons: not enough upward mobility advancement opportunities for staff members
Texas Christian University is a top notch college with the most beautiful, energizing and stimulating campus. The work environment is incredible and the education you can receive is well worth it. As a graduate of TCU and a staff member, I have seen the academic world from boths sides.
Professional atmosphere committed to the patient.
student health center, PRN (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: environment is college focused which is neat
Cons: na
Patient focused and it is and educational environment and the staff are very friendly.
On Campus Employment
Desk Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 19, 2013
On Campus Employment, fun working with other students. Managed keys, inventory, hired and trained staff. Very open and creative environment. Leadership was concerned with work life balance. Flexible hours.
Overview
TCU WRITING ASSOCIATE PROGRAM (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 11, 2013
I tutored and mentored students in a Freshman level History class in essay writing through a programed which strived to teach students that writing is a process.