Texas Christian University

Texas Christian University Employer Reviews

Inspiring Environment
Study Abroad Coordinator (Former Employee), Center for International StudiesMarch 5, 2014
TCU is a truly unique work environment, for employees who are passionate about what the University is trying to do for its students. Expectations are high, but there is an enthusiasm and a buy-in unlike any other institution I have interviewed with or worked for. If the appropriate position was available, I would return to work at TCU in a heart-beat.
Good Place to work
Game Day Marketing Intern (Current Employee), Fort WorthFebruary 25, 2014
TCU is a good place to work. It is a family atmosphere. Sometimes limited opportunity for advancement
I loved the relationships that I have built with our client and enjoyed the atmosphere.
Operations Manager, Sodexo (Former Employee), Main Campus and StadiumsFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: success, constant cross training, job security
Cons: adversity and stressful
A typical day at work consist of inner-acting daily with students and staffs as well as employees. Fore-seeing conflicts before they occur and maintaining customer satisfaction.

I learned mountains of knowledge from the business aspects, financially and operationally.

I was a member of management and our co-workers were exceptional. We had a great – more... team.

The hardest part of my job was time management. I worked several hours a day and really never knew when it was time to go home. So when balancing work and home, I always leaned to the work side of it.

I enjoyed seeing our employees succeed with promotions. I currently had 4 supervisors promoted to management with my time at TCU. – less
Part-time job while getting my Bachelor degree
Mathematics Grading Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: pizza party every semester
Cons: short breaks
I worked at two job in Texas Christian University (TCU). I was a Math grader and Computer help desk assistant. I kept both jobs because I like number crunching as well as dealing with people. Math grading job helped me and kept me updated with my math skills and computer lab assistant job helped me in interacting with different students, faculty and – more... staff members. – less
Energizing and Culturally Diverse Campus
Administrative Assistant/Criminal Justice (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: bright, inquisitive students and challenging, stimulating faculty members
Cons: not enough upward mobility advancement opportunities for staff members
Texas Christian University is a top notch college with the most beautiful, energizing and stimulating campus. The work environment is incredible and the education you can receive is well worth it. As a graduate of TCU and a staff member, I have seen the academic world from boths sides.
Professional atmosphere committed to the patient.
student health center, PRN (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: environment is college focused which is neat
Cons: na
Patient focused and it is and educational environment and the staff are very friendly.
Overview
TCU WRITING ASSOCIATE PROGRAM (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 11, 2013
I tutored and mentored students in a Freshman level History class in essay writing through a programed which strived to teach students that writing is a process.
Excellent employer!
Library Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 19, 2013
TCU is the best place I have ever worked. My managers trusted me to do my job and to create my own projects and processes.
Great student centered evironment.
Health Services Administrator (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 25, 2013
Pros: students
Cons: differentiating medical laws vs. company practices
The most enjoyable part of the job is working towards student patient quality care. The hardest part of the job is upper management not being able to comprehend how clinical services is held at a higher responsibility to quality reporting and policies than simply reporting to a non clinical department head whom knows nothing about medical standards – more... nor medical legislation and how that legislation supersedes company generic practices – less
Productive and fun work place
Annual Fund Officer (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 27, 2013
Pros: travel
Cons: travel
Responsible for identifying potential donors, developing fund-raising strategies for regional assignments, and soliciting funds and pledges while marketing funding programs. Attended CASE Regional IV seminars and completed TCU Planned Giving course work.
Outstanding education in outstanding environment
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 10, 2013
The best part of going to school and working at TCU is it's close proximity to the Kimbell Art Museum, the Amon Carter Art Museum, and the Museum of Modern Art.
Fantastic environment in which to work
Director of Communications (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXDecember 18, 2012
Pros: great vacation time off
The university is really on the rise and it is a great time to be at TCU.
A+
Event Planner (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 10, 2012
The university is not only a place to academic development but also provided great first steps toward learning real-life business experience.

AimS – September 16, 2012

I am an ICU nurse of 8 81/2 years and wanting to get out of the hospital setting. Do you, as a former employee, feel this would be an adequate and fulfilling position? What are your pros and cons for this employer?

Good and fun learning experience
General Chemistry Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 10, 2012
Pros: small classes and great professors
Cons: expensive tuition
TCU though is small university but consisted of high quality teaching and learning experience. The TCU staff is always willing to assist students at anytime.
Help instructors to grade the assignment and take attendance.
Grader (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 22, 2012
It is a very easy job. But I still enjoy this experience. It taught me to be patient to each student and let me aware that it is not a easy thing as instructor.
Challenging and self fulfilling.
Head Supervisor of Housekeeping (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXFebruary 17, 2012
Pros: free tuition for college attending students, discounted season tickets to all sporting events, and healthbenefits.
Cons: long hours, far from home, no room for advancement.
During my employment with Texas Christian University, My talents were challenged and proved with the responsibility of 30 housekeepers, 5 floor crew and 17 residential buildings. All of this during the regular school year. After classes released in May the housekeeper count jumped to 42 housekeepers. I was responsible for planning and assigning building – more... cleans for the end of the year and preparing dorms for summer school students, staff members and camps which are run throughout the summer. All of this requires timed cleaning schedules. I also attended summer meetings with other staff members in maintenance, summer conferences, and student affairs. I was responsible for time and attendance for all employees, maintaining relationships with outside vendors as well as other department heads. – less
Great place to work and to grow
Application Developer (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TexasJanuary 9, 2012
Pros: great benefits, generous vacation, occasional early 3 pm dismissals on fridays
Cons: salary is a little below market rates but, benefits make up the difference
This is a great place to work if
-you're weary of the corporate workplace
-you want the place to work to feel like a family
-you want to try something new