Texas De Brazil

Texas De Brazil Employer Reviews

Extremely busy and fast paced
General Manager (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYNovember 12, 2014
Very fast paced and fun place to work Many repeat customers. Brazilian style steakhouse or Churrhascaria.
a comfortable work enviroment
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYOctober 4, 2014
Pros: learning responsibilities and coping with different people
Cons: salary and long hours
Texas De Brazil was a hard working environment that kept everyone busy and happy. Everyone got along and always satisfied the customers , if anything were to make a customers unhappy everyone was quick to fix it. I loved to work with different type of people so i could learn how to cope with different people.
Fun place to work
Bartender/Server (Former Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: free dinner
Cons: no breaks, holidays & weekends mandatory
To set up bar and upsale wine & cocktails. Clean bar. Fix signature cocktails. Conduct quality control and enforce carding any one under 40 years of age.
Relaxed work enviroment with multiple co workers
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAAugust 13, 2014
Pros: free food, nice coworkers
Cons: no benefits, poor hours, poor management
A typical work day was mostly relaxed, but could get sort of hectic depending on the promotional campaigns at that time. I learned better skills in dealing with each guests individually. Because of the amount of co-workers, I was able to observe their different work habits as well as their individual personalities. Management was difficult to work with, – more... and were often unconcerned with workers complaints. They were biased, rude, and even petty at times. I experienced extreme discrimination during my time there. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult management daily. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting through a difficult busy shift and having satisfied each guests during a shift. – less
Great money.
Server (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 21, 2014
Fast Paced, great income. A job that promises in average more than 40,000 annual salary if employed full time. Great learning experience, the best if not one of the best restaurants in Miami to work for.
Nice work experience
Server (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJune 12, 2014
I enjoyed working there, very fun atmosphere. The setting is very good for focusing on your guests and giving them an awesome dinig experience.
great place to work
server (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILJune 12, 2014
• ASSIST GUESTS IN ORDER SELECTION BY PROMOTING SPECIFIC MENU ITEMS AND SPECIALS .RESPOND TO INQUIRIES REGARDING MEAL PREPARATION AND SERVICE .UP-SELL WINES , DRINKS , SPECIALTY BEVEREGE TO INCREASE GUEST CHECK AVERAGES .COORDINATE WHIT KITCHEN STAFF TO ENSURE TIMELY AND ACCURATE ORDER PREPARATION .REGUALARLY FOLLOW-UP WITH GUEST TABLES AND PROMPTLY – more... FULFULL ADDITIONAL REQUESTS .COLLECT PAYMENTS AND BALANCE TRANSACTIONS WITH RECEIPTS .
• CONSISTENTLY ACHIEVED THE HIGHEST GUEST CHECK AVERAGES AMONG ALL FULL-TIME SERVERS THROUGH SUGGESTIVE SELLING AND DESSERT-TO-GO ORDERS. – less
Flexible scheduling
Server, Staff Trainer (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 28, 2014
A typical day at work starts at 4:30 p.m., as we are only open for dinner. They focus on sales and sales techniques as our menu is price fixed. My Co-workers are fun to work with, and overall we have excellent teamwork. though it's not "hard" the hardest part is dealing with upset customers. (though I find if you keep it positive you can turn them around – more... and give them an enjoyable experience.) The most enjoyable part is meeting new people everyday, usually from different cities because we are located downtown so there is a lot of tourism. – less
Fun job!
Hostess/waitress (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 4, 2014
Always got to meet new people who wanted to experience the Brazilian cousine.
Very Strict but rewarding at the end
Hostess (Former Employee), Miami, FlDecember 27, 2013
Pros: money, meet all kinds of people
Cons: strict management, very demanding
When I worked here, there was not many other restaurants in Dolphin mall to bring competition however more has been added through the years. As a server you gain a lot of money.
Texas de Brazil
Hostess (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LANovember 7, 2013
At Texas de Brazil, as a hostess I greeted and seated customers. The job also consisted of cleaning off tables and selling. The management was great and my coworkers as well.
Productive and fast pace job
Hostess (Former Employee), Hallandale beachAugust 31, 2013
Pros: free gourmet food
Cons: short hours
A typical day at work consist of making reservations and planning parties daily and Escorting clients to dinning area. Management was always trying their best to keep customers coming back by freshen the company's mission statement of customer service, hardest part of the job was dealing walk-ins and reservations. The most enjoyable part was putting – more... a smile on customers face – less
Co-workers were amazing, very cultured work enviornment
Server (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 7, 2013
Pros: free dinner
Cons: no holidays, manager, work schedule was horrible
The greatest experience I gained from this job was how cultured it was. There were people from all over (guests and co-workers) being that this company was a brazilian steakhouse. It really opened my eyes to different cultures. The hardest part of the job was the general manager. He was not someone that was very easy to work with at all on any given – more... day. Holidays/deaths in the family/family emergencies were always a major problem. Overall, the only enjoyable experience I gained was the people I met. – less
Fun Atmoshpere
Hostess (Former Employee), Miami Beach, FLMay 7, 2013
Pros: amazing food, ambiance and job advancement
Cons: not enough hours
Texas De Brazil was a very fun atmosphere. The management seemed to have a cut throat attitude about most things and it could be stressful at times. I didn't mind standing for 5 hours at a time as it was a healthy alternative to sitting at a desk. I loved the culture and atmoshphere it was very sophisticated and brought out a little bit of Brazil. I – more... answered phones, help organize seating and of course greeted my guests. My employers valued cultured and were very supportive when i attempted to speak the quests language. – less
hard worker fast learner
Meat server (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 23, 2013
Pros: free meats
Cons: tip cash is not shared with meat servers
A typical day at work usually i prep meats, cutting, skewering and cook. I serve the meats table to table, talking with guests, and running every time. My co-workers respect me not just because i have experience, but because i'm super polite. The hardest part of the job is take care of the "hard guests", complain with no reason.
The most enjoyable part – more... of the job is talk with guests and understand exactly how they like their meats. – less
Busy and exciting Brazilian-American style steakhouse.
HOSTESS (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NevadaApril 17, 2013
Pros: free food for closing shifts
Cons: no healthcare, no promotions, no breaks
A typical day at work for a hostess at Texas De Brazil consists of managing all incoming calls at the front desk, checking all messages, making reservations, pre-assigning the large parties to tables, to assure a smooth night, greeting guests, and taking them back to their tables. There is one girl on "books" and two seaters. The one on books would – more... stay at the front desk to use Guest Bridge (the program we used for the restaurant) to seat the guests. Once the ticket printed, the seaters would then call their name or page them, greet them kindly, and then take them back to their assigned table. Most of my shifts were on "books." It takes certain skill, patience and a "think fast" attitude to work the books, as you are basically in charge of the host stand for the night. I became an asset to the restaurant and found they would not promote me to a server or any other position because of this reason. I didnt find the managers very fair for this reason.

The hardest part of the job was if we were very busy one night (around 700 people). People would become impatient if we weren't able to seat them exactly at their reservation time. To be expected, the general public can be difficult to work with. I have learned to be patient and deal with a huge and hungry crowd in front of my face. Even on the worse days, I forced myself to have a smile, and gave even the most difficult of customers personal time and effort. – less
Productive and sometimes fun workplace.
Gaucho / Carver / Brazilian Cowboy (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 28, 2013
Pros: dinner
Cons: without breaks
In this place a learned a lot of different ways to work like a busser and Carver/Gaucho/Brazilian cowboy. sometimes the place was busy and need to start walking fast but all time trying to do a good job.
TEXAS DE BRAZIL
Head Hostess /Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 18, 2013
BRAZILIAN AMERICAN STEAKHOUSE
GREAT FOOD!
FUN PLACE TO WORK BUT LOTS OF TURNOVER.
no fun just work
GENERAL SYSTEM TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 18, 2012
Pros: no free lunch, ...
Cons: hard work
A lot of diferent work place! Interesting work places! A lot of new location: Texas,Orlando Florid,Miami,Dallas,Phonix !
Hostess
Hostess (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILAugust 2, 2012
Pros: free food left over from shift
Cons: no room for growth, small hourly pay
The hostess is in charge of planning the seating assignment for the shift and analyzes reservations.
This job requires multi-tasking and quick problem solving for things that may change at any given time.
The management was good with great on the floor managers, but has recently changed
The most enjoyable job were the co-workers