Texas De Brazil Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and Challenging.
Manager & Event Manager, Server, Bartender (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 7, 2016
For working, adapting and learning on a daily basis. Your day will encounter just like any restaurant many ups & downs in regarding the tempo of the establishment. Also, ensuring great service at all times,and giving genuine care not only to guest but staff members as well.
Great place to better yourself
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 26, 2016
I loved my co-workers they are all very friendly and its very easy to make friends there. I loved meeting new people and getting to really know the regulars that should up there to eat. Holidays was always the hardest part there because you would have to be there all day and miss out on your family dinners and have to deal with the inpatient guest that would show up on the holidays.
Pros
free food, co-workers
Cons
short breaks, no healthcare
Not for everybody...
CORPORATE BAR MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLMarch 22, 2016
High intensity atmosphere all depending on your location though. Wine knowledge is an absolute must to be successful. Great training program to get those who don't know much to a better understanding of how to sell wine.
Very fun, cultural place to work.
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 8, 2015
A typical day at Texas de Brazil would consist of coming in at 10 a.m to start the ground work for the opening of business. Four hours allotted time is given to have prep work completed. Working in a kitchen at an 5 star restaurant can be very loud and busy.
Pros
At the end of dinner service, co workers were able to eat as much picanha as we wanted.
Cons
WE couldn't take any food home.
busy busy busy
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 24, 2016
we get soo busy but everyone there is pretty nice. some guests that come to dine are pretty rude though and very inconsiderate. but overall its an ok place to work. i learned a lot working here.
It has been so far a great school for me and they had given me several opportunities for me to grow as a professional.
Corporate Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 18, 2016
Everyday, once I start my shift I have to expect anything, there is always a new challenge for a new day, expecting to be multitasking. Doing walk thrus and checking staff members that are on the clock and ready to begin. Quality control on food items. checking last shift's sales and prepare a pre-shift with FOH staff members, we set a new goal on sales for the day and start fresh with the best of attitude. Then, checking labor % during our shift.
I have learned how to be patient, calm and a good listener when it comes to guests concerns and during any employee situation. The hardest part of the job has been confronting some delicate situations when it comes to personal issues that may have been affecting work related situations. The most enjoyable part of my job is when me and my team see good results regarding our sales goals and tat is what it keeps us going further and motivated/focused.
Pros
free lunches, schedule flexibility
Cons
no breaks, meaning we just sit eat and go back to the floor.
I love my job!
Carver (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 18, 2015
A typical day at my job is a smooth day with customers. I have learned to better communicate with people at my job as well as customers. The management is very friendly and kind with both customers and employees. The same can be said about my co-workers as they are driven and very hard working. The hardest part of my job would be working in the heat of the kitchen. The most enjoyable part of my job is communicating with the clients and having them leave with a smile.
Pros
Friendly staff, polite clients
Cons
Hot kitchens
Fun but very fast paced work place
Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 27, 2016
Fun and fast workplace but very enjoyable. This restaurant is fine dine so I learned how to impress the best of the best guest.
Great
Server/Customer Relations (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYMay 19, 2016
great place to work staff was friends, great vibes. I enjoyed working here. Food was amazing and customers were always happy.
Events and marketing
Event Manager/ GM (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILApril 3, 2016
Wasa great way to meet new people and help a restaurant grow. Had good benefits just horrible corporate standards and reports.

Want to know more about Texas De Brazil?

Ask a question
texas review
Prep. Cook (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRMarch 1, 2016
at work all was by favoritism of the manager what i learn is the boss can have a meal of a lifetime while his employees get hungry
Pros
having the check
Cons
all of the above
great work environment
Busser (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 31, 2015
friendly staff and very good learning experience for the restaurant business. great part time for students. all around pleasure to have worked there.
Good
Server (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 7, 2015
It is a very good place to work. It is a fast paced work environment where you learn how interact with the public. It is a good easy job with a good money making possibility. I would recommend
Smart , common sense , people person , great mentality , consistence
Team Member/Leader (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 13, 2015
I walk into work everyday to give guest a memorable experience , make money for the business , I'm a team player and always willing to learn more to make me better at my job.
Pros
Culture, business, food, hours, all of the above.
Cons
Theres are no cons.
it sucks
Lead Hostess/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hallandale Beach, FLNovember 3, 2015
don't go there!!! unless you like the hectic management in the restaurant industry don't do it. you're treated very poorly. i didn't like anything about it
Fine Dining with a full Brazilian experience
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXMay 25, 2015
I am a bartender so i deal wiht making drinks for the whole establishment as well for people that come and sit at the bar area.
I have learned many things like handling large amount of money, multitasking, and people skills. My co-workers are good people. Management is also ok but our general manager is not so well dealing with situations under pressure. He lashes out at anyone and everyone. The hardest part is finding a balance with all the multitasking.
Pros
Free food, discounts
Cons
not a stable income
A lot to learn kind of place
Hostess / Waitress (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXMay 1, 2015
Working at Texas de Brazil was a fun experience. Started as a Hostess (phone calls, seating people and making sure all servers had equal number of guests were some of my responsibilities) and worked my way to be a Server.
Very fast paced restaurant, had to learn how to sale and a lot of people skills. Working with people can be very hard, so patience is key to be successful. Got to work hard and be organized to keep everybody satisfied.
Can say I liked it, was a great challenge and am ready to the next step.
A great career oppurtunity.
Bar Manager/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 17, 2015
I did not pursue a career with TDB, but should have. A company that promotes from within and rewards loyalty. Hard, challenging, but yet fun and fufilling.
Fast paced enviorment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLAugust 9, 2015
Texas De Brazil was a difficult place to work because of managemant, but i leaned alot about the hospitality industry. Overall it was a good experiance.
a lot of commitment to end up dealing with favoritism
Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 28, 2015
I wasted 4 years of life working for this company overall i would not recommend the long hours don't pay .coworkers are a bunch throat cutters management gears staff towards failure everytime the tip sharing maybe illegal