Texas De Brazil Employee Reviews

nice place.
Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 23, 2017
GM is great he always cares about staff and clients.
he is there 24/7

restaurant is clean, good atmosphere
food always fresh. meet service is on top.
Don't work there
Server (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 15, 2017
I had one good manager who doesn't work there anymore, but you have to give half your tips away. The work is easy but the culture is terrible. Instead of raising the wages for the bartenders and the bussers, they take the tips from the servers.
Pros
Easiest serving job they ever had
Cons
Bad managment
Daily life/work nonexistent
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 14, 2017
A life outside of work you will never have. Micromanaging is a norm for upper management, working with so many college students gets difficult at times as they do not see this as a career. That being said, pay is good, and staff phenomenal.
Pros
food
Cons
personal life lacking
Great company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 12, 2017
Good restaurant to gain experience. Fast paced, long hours and good team work. Always working ahead of the game. Fair management and opportunity to grow.
Benefits
Texas de Brazil
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 7, 2017
I enjoyed working there, it's fast paced most of the time. People are friendly and the managers were very helpful in tough situations. Compensation was good.
Corrupt company from top to bottom
Gaucho (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 30, 2017
Great money if you can survive the minefield of cut throat co workers, and management that will toss anyone under the bus to further their own agenda. Can also become a very heated and violent work environment, where no staff in management will do anything in regards to violent coworkers. If you're a female working here enjoy getting degraded and sexually harassed.
Pros
Money is good
Cons
poor management, drug fueled environment, corruption in corporate staff and management
Crazy work place
HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 22, 2017
There were very long wait times for tables and customers would get upset at the hostesses. Great pay for what you do though. Have to dress up in heels so its hard on your feet.
Pay is okay but workers are disposable.
Gaucho/Meat Carver (Former Employee) –  Hallandale Beach, FLMay 7, 2017
Pays okay but management will drop you like a hat. Can only eat cold meat at the end of the shift. You are expected to know every managers and position in the upper management, and the ENTIRE history of the company. Management is very prideful and snooty.
Pros
Lots of cold meat at the end of the night if that's your thing.
Cons
No benefits and not much job security.
Rapidly expanding company with opportunity for career advancement
General Manger (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 25, 2017
Privately-owned/operated corporate-structured company. Very hands-on, train/learn-as-you-go employer. Good benefits. Rewards longevity. Average to moderate management turnover creates great opportunity for upward mobility. Steady corporate leadership.
Pros
Rapid growth equates rapid advancement
Cons
Work/life balance is a perpetual challenge.
Very productive and safety place to work.
Basser (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 18, 2017
I really felt In this place I felt safe, calm and happy, until recently changed the manager and everything began to change. Now everything is just work and you do not eat, you do not talk and they have us locked up with alarm all the time and regularly monitored with security cameras. Now all my companions and I feel prisoners, but as long as we need to work we have to continue.
Pros
Free diner
Cons
No brake.
Fast paced good learning environment
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Madison, ALApril 10, 2017
Overall taught me organization and multitasking
Fun experience learning food from another culture many of the Brazilian steakhouse items were awesome to learn how to make
fast paced weekend work
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 26, 2017
The job is fast paced and non stop. you have to pay attention to the meat you are cooking and don't have any time for slacking. coworkers do little to help you out.
Pros
free food
Cons
short breaks
Horrific place to work
Assistant Manager/ Shift Leader Dolphin Mall (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 25, 2017
This place cares about business and does not take care of its employees or managment staff; also the owners are not from brazil but they are arabian; horrible place
Pros
I would say there are no pros
Cons
low pay; ;long hours
Inappropriate
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL dadeland mallMarch 15, 2017
Unfortunately some managers felt it was okay to hit on co workers or make inappropriate comments about guests. Let upper management know and did nothing about it.
They promise full time but never give it. Chance to grow if you want to be a server.
$10.00 an hour for hostess.
Not enough staff so you're over worked.
Pros
Half price discount when dining
Cons
Poor management
Very active environment with a diverse culture
Server (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 10, 2017
A typical day at Texas De Brazil requires constant communication within the staff as well as high-end customer service. Management is tough on new staff and training is long, but once new employees pass their server exam they are put onto the floor with 2-3 tables until they prove their strength. I most enjoy the serving staff at the job, we all have a great sense of humor and truly get along.
Great at preparing food etc
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  174 Union St. Crocker Park, Westlake Oh 44145March 5, 2017
I'm a hard working and fast pace worker. I'm never late. My personal higene is excellent. I have reliable transportation. I get along with others very quickly. I enjoy helping others and I have passion to fulfilling any goals that I have.
Management will be the reason you quit.
Server (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 28, 2017
I loved my job. Great pay, great coworkers, and it's very easy. But managers do not care one bit about their employees - if you have to take a day off for any reason, including serious medical reasons or death in the family, they will punish you for it either directly (documented write-ups) or indirectly (ex. under- or over-scheduling).
Pros
Free food, great pay
Cons
Dont work there it sucks
Server (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHFebruary 27, 2017
This is the worst job I have ever had in my entire life. Just to get started the management that run this place is literally a bunch of chimpanzees with no common sense on how to run a resteraunt. The people that get promoted at this place are people that have no skill or leadership traits at all, and rather are just suck up pieces of scum on the earth. If you thought about applying here do yourself a favor and don't because you will sorely regret it.
Pros
There are none
Cons
The place is awful with horrible ethics of cleaning
Gorgeous restaurants. Management arrogant and unprofessional
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 17, 2017
Hired and told to make arrangements with my other employers. Never scheduled, kitchen manager just stopped responding to calls and messages. No respect or professionalism at all. If this is how they run a kitchen I'm not surprised they are looking for untrained kitchen staff for a five star restaurant.
Pros
Gorgeous environment
Cons
Awful management
n/a
Carver/prep cook/server (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 17, 2017
• Provided excellent customer service in a fast paced environment,
• Performed safety and security measures as required by company policy and procedures.
• Marinated various cuts of beef, pork, lamb, chicken, sausage
• Took care of VIP customers upon their reservations
• Serving customers at a quickly time manner
• Traveled to different states open new stores

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texas De Brazil. Our community is ready to answer.