Texas Direct Auto Employee Reviews

Great and fun workplace
Internet Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 17, 2015
Very hectic busy fun place to work at. Always busy and lots to do on a daily basis. Very competitive and demanding. Very rewarding for those who like that kind of atmosphere. Sell, Sell, Sell!!
Receptionist - face paced environment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Stafford, TXNovember 6, 2015
Although an extremely fast paced environment, a friendly place to work in and co-workers are supportive and help when needed. Management is considerate of employees.
Management Sucks!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Direct, TXJune 26, 2015
The company might pay more than the other dealerships in the area, but considering you will have to stand like a statue for HOURS at the front of the dealership waiting for your up is ridiculous! No chairs, nothing to sit on, just stand and wait. (Seriously... You are expected to stand in one place for 3-4 hours without anyplace to sit down).

The overall function is nice enough, but God Help you if you have a question for a manager, because they will curse at you, and keep you walking on egg shells for asking simple, basic questions about a number of different things. If a customer doesn't buy a vehicle, or the managers drag their feet to come out to speak with a customer, it is better for the sales person to tackle the customer and sit on them because if they get away from you because they are tired of waiting, expect to treated like a dog that _____ed on the floor.

Considering they have a computer system that NO ONE else in the industry has, you are somehow expected to know how this system runs through some sort of Osmosis. And if you have a question about how to do something, you are treated like an idiot, and / or told to ask someone else to show you. There is no manual, or video. The I.T. guys are helpful, but there time is limited.

The sales persons are threatened with their jobs if they Do Not obtain a certain amount of GOOD Reviews from Ebay Customers, or just customers in general to boost their ratings. Many times being told by management to have the customer log in and you as the sales person should fill in the rating for the customer. Sales persons
  more... are threatened to be fired if they sell less than (20 , low 20 vehicles) in a months time. Believe the number was (40 for internet sales dept).

The hardest part of the job is not Punching the lights out of a Smug Manager, who would NEVER speak to someone the same way outside of the job, but does so believing he can continue getting away with it and has so far. I'm surprised the employees haven't filed a Harassment Lawsuit against the company for allowing the Managers to bully the employees. If they ever did file one, I would join it if i heard about it.

The most enjoyable part is the fellow employee's. Most of the employee's look out for each other and are willing to help anytime.
Pros
The Fellow Employee's
Cons
Manager's from H33L, Poor treatment of salesmen.
Internet/Ebay Sales Consultant
INTERNET SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Stafford, TXMarch 31, 2015
Daily routine of selling to EBay customers from all over the world. I made phone calls and answered phone calls throughout the day to sell cars. Set appointments with local Houstonians, and sold cars to customers from everywhere else. Typical month is selling between 40 and 50 cars.
A great diverse environment
Executive Accountant Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stafford, TXMarch 9, 2015
As an employee at Texas Direct Auto, i have grown and improved in my skills. I advanced quickly in my department. Overall I learned so much and everyone is beyond nice and helpful
Low stress level for car business, high-HIGH volume
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Stafford, TXNovember 18, 2014
Low pay unless you are getting house deals, great management, free lunch sat, overall good not great. Not a lot of room for advancement, very busy, which is good
The pay is great. The hours are wonderful.
Title Clerk, File Room Supervisor, (Current Employee) –  Stafford, TXSeptember 24, 2014
The workday is extremely fast paced. The days, weeks, months fly by. The workload is invigorating.
The initial business model was ingenious. The company grew faster than the people who run it.
Management, from the owners down are disconnected, disoriented, inexperienced, narcissistic and, dogmatic.
The worker bees are exceptionally enthusiastic. They are the success story!
The salaries paid in all departments are generous. This is to compensate for no benefits whatsoever. The owners have made this clear.
Pros
great for a motivated self-starte.r
Cons
no future, no benifits.
Fun work place!
Senior Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXMay 6, 2014
Great place to work, LOTS of hours, not great when you have small children. Great pay and awesome owners!
Pros
great pay, fun activities, fast pace
Cons
no benefits, 60+ hours a week
Fun and active place
Lot Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 30, 2013
Great place to work. Fun and lots of freedom. Recommend it to anyone llooking for a good learning experience and lots of potential for growth.
Overall Texas Direct Auto has a fun and fast paced environment!
Off-Site Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stafford, TXOctober 3, 2012
A typical day at Texas Direct Auto is hectic from open to close. I have learned and mastered skills that have exceled my achievments on a daily basis.
Pros
experience
Cons
no benefits
Productive and a great place to work
Detailer (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXSeptember 11, 2012
I have learned how to clean any vehicle inside out. I like my managers and I get along well with my co-,workers. When we are closing is probably the hardest part because cleaning up and cleaning cars. Best part of the day is me getting to come to work.
Pros
free lunches every saturday
Cons
short breaks, healthcare
fast paced, meeting alot of people.
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXApril 10, 2012
liked working there, manager was great person, and friendly atmosphere.
Pros
deli in dealership.
Cons
healthcare

2.6