Texas Disposal Systems

Texas Disposal Systems Employer Reviews

Just started with the company and love it!!
Driver Helper (Current Employee), San Angelo, TXFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: good pay, plenty of overtime, benefits, room for advancement
Cons: not much family time during the work week.
Started in early December as a residential route helper, had my cdl permit, and on February 10 as promised I was able to use a company truck to complete my cdl, so two months in I have already been promoted to a Driver Helper, loving my job and see myself retiring with this company, personally my management is excellent straight to the point and no bs, and we are constantly growing our routes and I'm loving it, job security!! Came to this company from the oilfields, and not regretting that decision.
Good family owned company
Purchasing Supervisor (Former Employee), Buda, TXNovember 15, 2014
Pros: good people to work with at this place
Cons: management ruined this fun place to work
If management was as good as the people that owned this company, they would not have any turnover.
Horrible experience
residential (Current Employee), CreedmoorOctober 1, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
Favoritism is so openly shown that it's ridiculous. I worked in residential and the "supervisors" were never doing their jobs. They mostly sat in the office gossiping about other people. This place reminded me of a high school very unprofessional. The training is a joke wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. No raises are given either
Muti Tasking and understanding of mutible companies
Director of Maintenance (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 21, 2014
Pros: different personalities of a business strategy in each division of these companies’
Cons: very emotional at times.
Texas Disposal is owned by two visionary brothers and a congruent of different but uniquely tied together such as Landfill ops, Scrap metal, Residential and Commercial solid waste, Exotic game ranch and pavilion, Excavation services, composting, recycling etc. Having a broad complete understanding of all these companies required an immense amount of multi-tasking.
I really enjoyed learning each business and their goals and then satifying them.
Not a very employee centered environment.
Credit & Collections (Current Employee), Creedmoor, TXMarch 14, 2014
Pros: co-workers are nice.
Cons: not compensated for the work we do.
I enjoy working with my co-workers, but the owners do not take much stock in appreciating the work that we do.
...
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), austin, txFebruary 26, 2014
I JUST did this. you people are being rediculous! What is going on here?
A supportive and great place to work.
Facility Caretaker/Event Coordinator (Current Employee), Creedmoor, TXDecember 30, 2013
Pros: work with little supervision.
Cons: 12-15 hour days
A typical day starts with ensuring the facility is clean, decorations and other event displays are set to client specifications. Support client in all their event needs, before, during and after event. Arrange meetings with future groups/clientele.
Relaxed Enviroment
Cost Accountant/Sr. Accountant (Former Employee), Creedmoor, TXNovember 26, 2013
Pros: salary and worked no more than 40hrs a week
Cons: no promotions, bonuses, or raises
I learned of how much I really knew and what was I capable of doing when giving the opportunity to run with an idea.
High minded company with family-focussed values.
Media Administrator (Former Employee), Buda, TXOctober 16, 2013
Pros: established company, award-winning operations
Cons: unclear structure
TDS is a privately owned and operated company based on Christian principles. The management team is built on family, but includes very intellegent and progressive thinkers. The value on family extends to the employees, with traditional 8-5 days for most office employees, and Sundays off for everyone.
productive and fun work place
Scale House / Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), san antonioJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: good hours and athmosphere
Cons: boss attitude (take her personal problems from home to work)
I love my job, the hours, the location, what i do, is just my boss she doenst know how to deal with her pesonal life and take all her anger at work. :(
Original owners were a pleasure to work for.
Austin Organics Division Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 25, 2012
Pros: benefits, unique environment.
Cons: conditions during inclimate weather, constant juggling of authority and communication.
Most all days were production oriented but I did manage to learn the art of composting, management (from both sides) and how to get along with difficult people easier. Had some great co-workers and most employees turned into friends after they left. The hardest part was the firing and the enjoyable part was building the company and improving on a daily basis, there always needs to be a challenge or most people will get stale.

About Texas Disposal Systems

Texas Disposal Systems remains family owned and operated since 1977. We feel that responsible resource management includes being – Read more

Texas Disposal Systems Photos