Texas Disposal Systems Employee Reviews in United States

Waste of time! Horrible management.
Driver/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Creedmoor, TXMarch 14, 2016
Applied here thinking it was going to be an awesome job...but got the short end of the stick. Promised a driving position but later found out i was just another grunt. Horrible turn over and now i see why. They abuse you on purpose...especially the newbies..its almost as if they dont want anyone to work there. Alot of wasted talents waiting to progress and its all a lie. They dont care about anything except finishing a route. Plain greedy compnay that cant even afford to pay their workers a decent/fair wage. Stay away!!!!
Benefits
Cons
No breaks, no lunch, no mercy
Terrible job
Route Helper (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 23, 2016
Managment treats employee bad. As a employee you are treated like you are less of a person.

Hard work not worth working here.
Pros
Work, paycheck, benefits offered
Cons
Pay, hard work, terrible parking, treated poorly by managers
Save your career and stay away!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Creedmoor, TXNovember 19, 2015
By far the most unorganized company I have ever worked for. Company needs to learn to perfect, control and complete current projects before starting others. It's a glorified "trash company" that has more cameras watching it's office employees than Fort Knox. They are more concerned with an hourly employee stealing time or saying something negative than they are properly maintaining equipment.

-Directors that have no clue how to manage their own departments
-Absolute horrible communication company wide
-Minimal to NO training for all positions
-Operating system that no one in the company can manage properly
-Ownership family members have created positions and no skills
-Company executives have no trust in anyone at all
-Bought 3 competitors in as many years but no driver raises during that time
-Turnover is completely crazy!
Pros
Casual work environment
Cons
Too much to list
Ok place to work
Side load Waste Driver (Former Employee) –  Creedmore TXMay 12, 2015
I was tired all the time but once I got the hang of it, it was cool, it was an ok place to work.

cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc cccccccccccccccccccccccccccc ccccccccccccccc cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc
Very cool place to Work
Diesel Technician/ Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TexasFebruary 16, 2015
The Georgetown shop boss was a great supervisor with a no nonsense approach to the industry. He didn't hover over you to ensure you did the job right, but trusted you to. He was the kind of supervisor that made you want to work for him. He never asked you to do anything he wouldn't do himself. If I had the chance I would work for him again. Great company,with very few raises. Never had a bad day there. I really enjoyed feeling like I was making a difference in my career. Left for a better paying job that turned out to be a sham, but that is another story.
Pros
the job
Cons
having to go home at night with work unfinished
Just started with the company and love it!!
Driver Helper (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXFebruary 12, 2015
Started in early December as a residential route helper, had my cdl permit, and on February 10 as promised I was able to use a company truck to complete my cdl, so two months in I have already been promoted to a Driver Helper, loving my job and see myself retiring with this company, personally my management is excellent straight to the point and no bs, and we are constantly growing our routes and I'm loving it, job security!! Came to this company from the oilfields, and not regretting that decision.
Pros
good pay, plenty of overtime, benefits, room for advancement
Cons
not much family time during the work week.
Good family owned company
Purchasing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Buda, TXNovember 15, 2014
If management was as good as the people that owned this company, they would not have any turnover.
Pros
good people to work with at this place
Cons
management ruined this fun place to work
Horrible experience
residential (Current Employee) –  CreedmoorOctober 1, 2014
Favoritism is so openly shown that it's ridiculous. I worked in residential and the "supervisors" were never doing their jobs. They mostly sat in the office gossiping about other people. This place reminded me of a high school very unprofessional. The training is a joke wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. No raises are given either
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Muti Tasking and understanding of mutible companies
Director of Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 21, 2014
Texas Disposal is owned by two visionary brothers and a congruent of different but uniquely tied together such as Landfill ops, Scrap metal, Residential and Commercial solid waste, Exotic game ranch and pavilion, Excavation services, composting, recycling etc. Having a broad complete understanding of all these companies required an immense amount of multi-tasking.
I really enjoyed learning each business and their goals and then satifying them.
Pros
different personalities of a business strategy in each division of these companies’
Cons
very emotional at times.
Not a very employee centered environment.
Credit & Collections (Current Employee) –  Creedmoor, TXMarch 14, 2014
I enjoy working with my co-workers, but the owners do not take much stock in appreciating the work that we do.
Pros
co-workers are nice.
Cons
not compensated for the work we do.
A supportive and great place to work.
Facility Caretaker/Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Creedmoor, TXDecember 30, 2013
A typical day starts with ensuring the facility is clean, decorations and other event displays are set to client specifications. Support client in all their event needs, before, during and after event. Arrange meetings with future groups/clientele.
Pros
work with little supervision.
Cons
12-15 hour days
Relaxed Enviroment
Cost Accountant/Sr. Accountant (Former Employee) –  Creedmoor, TXNovember 26, 2013
I learned of how much I really knew and what was I capable of doing when giving the opportunity to run with an idea.
Pros
salary and worked no more than 40hrs a week
Cons
no promotions, bonuses, or raises
High minded company with family-focussed values.
Media Administrator (Former Employee) –  Buda, TXOctober 16, 2013
TDS is a privately owned and operated company based on Christian principles. The management team is built on family, but includes very intellegent and progressive thinkers. The value on family extends to the employees, with traditional 8-5 days for most office employees, and Sundays off for everyone.
Pros
established company, award-winning operations
Cons
unclear structure
productive and fun work place
Scale House / Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  san antonioJanuary 9, 2013
I love my job, the hours, the location, what i do, is just my boss she doenst know how to deal with her pesonal life and take all her anger at work. :(
Pros
good hours and athmosphere
Cons
boss attitude (take her personal problems from home to work)
Original owners were a pleasure to work for.
Austin Organics Division Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 25, 2012
Most all days were production oriented but I did manage to learn the art of composting, management (from both sides) and how to get along with difficult people easier. Had some great co-workers and most employees turned into friends after they left. The hardest part was the firing and the enjoyable part was building the company and improving on a daily basis, there always needs to be a challenge or most people will get stale.
Pros
benefits, unique environment.
Cons
conditions during inclimate weather, constant juggling of authority and communication.