Texas Disposal Systems Employee Reviews

Stay here see if you like it if not leave.
Wash Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 31, 2018
Nice friendly owners,lots of advancement if you are right skin color or know someone high up.Always work it can get messy and stinky sometimes.working in raw sewage and trash numerous disgusting things.Lots of lazy entitled people working here that pick and choose what they want to do.cameras everywhere like a bank numerous employees quick to take pictures of your errors.lot of behind the back gossiping,I regret staying here so long I didn’t have much opportunity.I worked hard and lots of hours not much to show for it besides a few old injury wounds.You have lots of job security if you stick it out and can handle all the bs that comes with it.
Pros
Job security, overtime, benefits, flexible if you have problems at home etc.
Cons
Trash, low pay, no advancement, cleaning toilets, always hot and smelly, washing and cleaning dumpsters, lazy entitled people
Great company
Consultant on equipment type and capabilities (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 16, 2017
Would have liked to stay there but personal reasons out side the company forced me to resign. and work load was too much due to unforeseen growth issues. over all a great company
Pros
Great company
Cons
Too many hours
Parts Clerk
Administrative / Part Clerk (Former Employee) –  Creedmoor, TXNovember 18, 2017
I had no problem with co worker or with the work itself, but management was not great. I saw a lot of favoritism working in a one room environment. You can not have that. People see it and hear it. The way management held them self with their tone of voice or body move can give employee reading how they real feel.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Ethical and stable company in a hard to reach location
Sr. Financial & Ops Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 8, 2017
TDS is a great company to work for. They are committed to their customers, employees, and the Central Texas environment. The problem is TDS is in the far reaches of South Austin half-way to San Marcos. That's a deal breaker for a lot of people with traffic and housing prices being what they are in Austin.
Pros
Stability, Integrity, Family owned
Cons
Location, location, location
Hard Labor, Poor Benefits
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXNovember 7, 2017
Lots of favoritism, lack of communication, lack of career advancement, lots of empty promises, no pay increases. If something goes wrong in a completely unrelated area of the company, "everyone" is punished.
Pros
Understanding of family emergencies
Cons
Lazy co-workers, low pay, dangerous work environment.
job security
PM Technician (Former Employee) –  Buda, TXSeptember 10, 2017
This was a good company when i worked there always worked overtime and the people i worked with were good co workers. I would work there again if they had a job opening in my area
Pros
job security
Cons
long hrs
dysfunctional
Scale Attendant/ Video Surveillance (Former Employee) –  Creedmoor, TXAugust 29, 2017
Management at TDS paranoid and dysfunctional. The workplace culture, is toxic and oppressive. The hardest part of the job was the lack of management accountability.
work somewhere else. you won't regret it.
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  West TexasAugust 3, 2017
Management promises everything- delivers nothing.. 9 managers in just over 5 yrs. Lie to your face while smiling.. Overall terrible place to work. Sorry I ever heard about, much less worked for this company.
Pros
very, very few
Cons
micro-mgmt from people who have no idea what they're doing.
A great place to work
Certified Welder and Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 17, 2017
I should have stay there, jump up moving to fast. My personal lifestyle mess up my time with the company , I seen a very bright future for me there. As I got older I truly have a great position with the company.
Management and pay
Municipal Representative (Former Employee) –  Creedmoor, TXJune 23, 2017
The management and pay were really great. Benefits could have been better. Co workers were really great and helpful in the training process. Some of the equipment was a bit outdated but still functional.
Feels like big brother is always watching
Security Officer/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Creedmoor, TXMay 30, 2017
Company uses cameras and microphone to monitor employees.You always get the sense that you are being watched. Also a tremendous amount of weekly workload is expected of you.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
lack of freedom to express your feelings
Outside the box
Service Writer/Technician (Former Employee) –  Sealy, TXApril 25, 2017
Definitely learned how to think outside the box working here. Great place to hone skills and see all kinds of machinery. I worked on anything from a chainsaw to earth moving equipment
Great place to work when having a family.
Manager, Business Analyst Division (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 19, 2017
Each day is enlightening. The management really cares about the staff. There is an environment of teaching those in the company the things they need to know and things that will help them in the future. A great place to work.
Pros
Management Cares
Cons
Best job I ever had at the start
New Commercial Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, Tx, Austin, TXMarch 23, 2017
Great family run company, enjoyed the opportunities I was given. Held several different titles and job duties. Changed almost every year. Support for my location was promised several things not all were followed through.
Great benefits
Inside Outbound Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  TexasMarch 6, 2017
I start my day at 8am and my day at 5pm. I take an hour lunch break everyday. The work place culture is decent. I have learned a lot in working with TDS.
Fun workplace
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 4, 2017
Worked from midnight to noon six day a week..got along with everybody..Become rolloff supervisor from 6pm to 6 am.
Enjoyed being busy. god benifits and good pay...worked 12 years..
Waste of time! Horrible management.
Driver/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Creedmoor, TXMarch 14, 2016
Applied here thinking it was going to be an awesome job...but got the short end of the stick. Promised a driving position but later found out i was just another grunt. Horrible turn over and now i see why. They abuse you on purpose...especially the newbies..its almost as if they dont want anyone to work there. Alot of wasted talents waiting to progress and its all a lie. They dont care about anything except finishing a route. Plain greedy compnay that cant even afford to pay their workers a decent/fair wage. Stay away!!!!
Benefits
Cons
No breaks, no lunch, no mercy
Terrible job
Route Helper (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 23, 2016
Managment treats employee bad. As a employee you are treated like you are less of a person.

Hard work not worth working here.
Pros
Work, paycheck, benefits offered
Cons
Pay, hard work, terrible parking, treated poorly by managers
Save your career and stay away!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Creedmoor, TXNovember 19, 2015
By far the most unorganized company I have ever worked for. Company needs to learn to perfect, control and complete current projects before starting others. It's a glorified "trash company" that has more cameras watching it's office employees than Fort Knox. They are more concerned with an hourly employee stealing time or saying something negative than they are properly maintaining equipment.

-Directors that have no clue how to manage their own departments
-Absolute horrible communication company wide
-Minimal to NO training for all positions
-Operating system that no one in the company can manage properly
-Ownership family members have created positions and no skills
-Company executives have no trust in anyone at all
-Bought 3 competitors in as many years but no driver raises during that time
-Turnover is completely crazy!
Pros
Casual work environment
Cons
Too much to list
Great Company to work for
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXSeptember 23, 2015
Local Level management always treated employees fair as well as the company. Make sure you are completely aware of all company policies otherwise it will come back to bite you. would return to work for TDS in a heart beat.
Pros
Good benifits, and great hours
Cons
Mechanic shop not readily available, not the best pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texas Disposal Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

Texas Disposal Systems Reviews by Location