TEXAS EDUCATION AGENCY

TEXAS EDUCATION AGENCY Employee Reviews

Already reviewed previously
Program Specialist IV (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 20, 2015
Pros: Coworkers, cafeteria
Cons: Commute from North Austin to downtown
I worked at TEA for over 22 years. I enjoyed working there and had a wide range of job duties while employed there. I worked as a Certification Specialist which involved making sure that potential candidates for a teaching certificate in the state of Texas were eligible per state requirements. I worked also in the Equal Educational Opportunity section of the agency where I was responsible for the database that tracked students, wishing to transfer to school districts other than the ones that resided in, were eligible to do so. This involved many hours of pouring over data entered into the statewide database, monitoring and analyzing that data. I loved this part of my career at TEA because it allowed me to form working relationships not only with school district personnel, but parents, too.
Creative? Children are the very best to work with!
Marketing & New Product Development" (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXDecember 17, 2014
Wonderful District with varying demographics. Children range from affluent to hard-scrabble , school-by-school.
The mission statements of the TEA and BISD say it all.
I recommend highly. Thank you.
Professional and fun to work for.
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee), Austin, TXDecember 14, 2014
Pros: great benefits and located downtown.
Cons: to much traffic to get to work.
It is a great Company to work for with great benefits. Professional but yet laid back.
a good place to learn team work
Financial Analyst Intern (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 14, 2014
The typical work was to consolidate financial data for reporting to internal management and US Government. I learned a lot about skills by using Excel and Access.
It was a very good place to work
Contractor (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: liberal work times
Cons: demanded too many hours in the day
I was able to provide them with help in making sure that information that was confidential remained behind the firewall.
Excellent management and overall opportunity for advancement
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Austin, TXDecember 29, 2013
Pros: state benefits and excellent management
Cons: too many filing mistakes
Attended and organized conferences. I learned time management and work with difficult co-workers. The hardest part of my job was keeping the files organized. The best thing about this job was management style.
Review about Texas Education Agency
Sr. Test Analyst (Current Employee), Austin, TXDecember 9, 2013
This is a great place to work. Its fun working here. Every new task is a challenge and gives you ample opportunity to learn.
The only thing is many times the work comes at 6 pm. That makes life little difficult.
There are a lot of conveniences of working downtown... shopping, eating, walking, etc.
Administrative Assistant to the Senior Director (Former Employee), Austin, TXNovember 19, 2013
Pros: knowing that you're working towards helping the school districts
Having great supervisors is always a plus! Assisted the director with his day-to-day activities. Kept his calender, travel and arrange meetings. Processed Time Keeping for the staff. Assisted 6 other managers as needed.
ASP Developer
Asp Developer (Current Employee), Irving, TXNovember 19, 2013
Charter School Tracking System keeps track of campus information in the state of Texas such as campuses approved for different charters, number of enrollments, grades approved for each campus, members of the Board and Amendment types for each charter that can be applied.
Data Entry/Records/Receptionist
Data Entry/Attendance/Records Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee), Brownsville TexasNovember 17, 2013
Pros: shedule
I loved doing data entry. We were always attending trainings on new software for the district and that made it challenging. I loved it overall.
The Educational Monitor for Texas educational institutions.
Team Leader (Former Employee), Thibodaux, LAMarch 27, 2013
Pros: great training
Cons: contract ended
A great group of people who get the job done. Excellent training from master teachers and professionals.
A good organization to work for
DBA (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 20, 2013
I like this company and have no complaints or other issues about it.
Very productive in association with college education.
Administrative Technician III (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 2, 2012
Pros: excellent management
I loved this job and the people I worked for and with. Political in nature, but not in job placement.