TEXAS EDUCATION AGENCY Employee Reviews in United States

Empowering Texas through learning
Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 3, 2016
What I enjoy the most about my work is that I am in a position where I can empower various stakeholders such as schools, education service centers and employees at the Texas Education agency. As a technical trainer, I have the opportunity to identify areas that need development and provide leaning and business solutions.
Pros
Telework from home
Cons
1-hr commute
Great
LPAC representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 26, 2016
Has a focus for all educators. Has clear regulations for all school districts in the state of Texas. As an educator, Texas Education Agency has built a secure focus on student initiatives.
Customer Service Friendly
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 24, 2016
A day begins with projects that may not have been completed the day before. The phone calls are customers inquiring about finances regarding the statutes and laws given by the legislators. I will respond to the calls completing the request if it is a quick question, or explain the formula for the funding of a program component the school district receives. Work with a team that is responsible for the assigned programs. For example, I administer the funding for Staff Salary program, another team member will be responsible for the funding of the wealthier school districts.
The hardest part of the job is having enough staff to support the IT side of the programs. The most enjoyable is when a customer calls, needs help navigating our website or understanding the law and how it is applied to the funds the district will spend.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
unable to share merit increase from time to time
Texas Education Agency
Senior Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 26, 2016
Good place to work because have good management and good job work/life balance. Good co-workers. Learned how to develop dynamic web reports.
Pros
life balance
Cons
I did not work for them.
Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXJune 27, 2015
What I learned about the TEA is that they are under pressure by the state and national governments when it comes to budget. Every year we were evaluated by the administrators. They had to compensate for the overall performance of the campus.
Cons
High pay but horribly managed
Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 27, 2015
There was little room for advancement and the environment was very political. the onsite cafeteria was very good though.
Already reviewed previously
Program Specialist IV (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 20, 2015
I worked at TEA for over 22 years. I enjoyed working there and had a wide range of job duties while employed there. I worked as a Certification Specialist which involved making sure that potential candidates for a teaching certificate in the state of Texas were eligible per state requirements. I worked also in the Equal Educational Opportunity section of the agency where I was responsible for the database that tracked students, wishing to transfer to school districts other than the ones that resided in, were eligible to do so. This involved many hours of pouring over data entered into the statewide database, monitoring and analyzing that data. I loved this part of my career at TEA because it allowed me to form working relationships not only with school district personnel, but parents, too.
Pros
Coworkers, cafeteria
Cons
Commute from North Austin to downtown
Creative? Children are the very best to work with!
Marketing & New Product Development" (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 17, 2014
Wonderful District with varying demographics. Children range from affluent to hard-scrabble , school-by-school.
The mission statements of the TEA and BISD say it all.
I recommend highly. Thank you.
Professional and fun to work for.
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 14, 2014
It is a great Company to work for with great benefits. Professional but yet laid back.
Pros
great benefits and located downtown.
Cons
to much traffic to get to work.
a good place to learn team work
Financial Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 14, 2014
The typical work was to consolidate financial data for reporting to internal management and US Government. I learned a lot about skills by using Excel and Access.
It was a very good place to work
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 7, 2014
I was able to provide them with help in making sure that information that was confidential remained behind the firewall.
Pros
liberal work times
Cons
demanded too many hours in the day
Excellent management and overall opportunity for advancement
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 29, 2013
Attended and organized conferences. I learned time management and work with difficult co-workers. The hardest part of my job was keeping the files organized. The best thing about this job was management style.
Pros
state benefits and excellent management
Cons
too many filing mistakes
Review about Texas Education Agency
Sr. Test Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 9, 2013
This is a great place to work. Its fun working here. Every new task is a challenge and gives you ample opportunity to learn.
The only thing is many times the work comes at 6 pm. That makes life little difficult.
There are a lot of conveniences of working downtown... shopping, eating, walking, etc.
Administrative Assistant to the Senior Director (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 19, 2013
Having great supervisors is always a plus! Assisted the director with his day-to-day activities. Kept his calender, travel and arrange meetings. Processed Time Keeping for the staff. Assisted 6 other managers as needed.
Pros
knowing that you're working towards helping the school districts
ASP Developer
Asp Developer (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 19, 2013
Charter School Tracking System keeps track of campus information in the state of Texas such as campuses approved for different charters, number of enrollments, grades approved for each campus, members of the Board and Amendment types for each charter that can be applied.
Data Entry/Records/Receptionist
Data Entry/Attendance/Records Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brownsville TexasNovember 17, 2013
I loved doing data entry. We were always attending trainings on new software for the district and that made it challenging. I loved it overall.
Pros
shedule
The Educational Monitor for Texas educational institutions.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Thibodaux, LAMarch 27, 2013
A great group of people who get the job done. Excellent training from master teachers and professionals.
Pros
great training
Cons
contract ended
Very productive in association with college education.
Administrative Technician III (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 2, 2012
I loved this job and the people I worked for and with. Political in nature, but not in job placement.
Pros
excellent management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TEXAS EDUCATION AGENCY. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5