Texas Gas Service

Texas Gas Service Employer Reviews

Great company to work for. Very diversified and great benefits!
Staff Specialist - Construction (Current Employee), Austin, TXJuly 23, 2014
Pros: great folks to work with and great benefits!
Cons: not being able to work from home, on occasion.
I am extremely busy day in and day out processing gas service retirements, requesting excavation permits from the COA Right of Way Management Division, and coordinating gas line repairs. The management is very personable and understanding about your workload and responsibilities as well as your personal and family responsibilities.
The toughest aspect – more... of my job is dealing with the City of Austin and Travis County in order to obtain excavation permits. There is a lot involved with obtaining each and every permit. I have to coordinate with other contractors in the downtown area, turn in the necessary paperwork called for in special situations and maintain a professional, working relationship with each entity.
The most enjoyable aspect of my job is the wonderful camaraderie and interaction with my co-workers. – less
Assistant Buyer (Stores and Purchasing Department)
ASSISTANT BUYER (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJuly 9, 2014
I loved working at this company because TGS invested in me with so much professional development. They helped me to grow in the technology field, administrative field, interpersonal skills, professional and personal etiquette. They have employees and management that care and are true leaders in the utility business.
Good place to work and retire from.
Service Technician II (Current Employee), El Paso, TXMay 5, 2014
Pros: good benefits, you don't use your own vehicle, plenty of vacation days and sick days
Cons: you can't use your license, you can't practice all aspects of plumbing, just gas
A typical day starts from my home with a company provided vehicle and ends with the drive home. I get the added benefit of not having to use my own personal vehicle. I learned a lot about gas and fuel codes and installations. The hardest part of the job would probably be the accountability. Being accountable for anything you do inside the customers – more... home once you leave, despite what might happen when customers decide to make repairs themselves. So what I've learned is to make sure to document everything you did or did not do before you leave or you could be held accountable. Natural gas is dangerous and not to be taken lightly so it is so important to educate customers on the dangers involved in appliances that are not installed up to code. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be taking a negative situation and turning it into a positive one. It's a challenge to let customers see the positive side to red tagging their appliances even after a licensed co. installed it. It is my job to show them the safety side of the issue. – less
Good company to work for, but management lacks knowledge..
Pipeline engineer II (Current Employee), Harlingen, TXJuly 25, 2013
A typical day at TGS will be running up and down with managing multiple projects at a time. The employees are great, but you won't get any support from upper management.
Best Place I've Worked
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJune 7, 2013
Pros: free company events and incentive competitions
Cons: highly demanding work schedule
Everything about this company was amazing. They really took the time to please both customers and employees.
Great working relationships, great support in a stressful work environment
Collections Specialist (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJune 5, 2013
Pros: friendly and sympathetic work environment
Cons: low pay and very little room for advancement
This was a great place to work at in regards to relationships made. I am still friends with the people I worked with 10 years ago. The management was tight and micromanaged; however, their concern for you well being balanced a highly stressful work enviroment dealing with irrate customers.
Csr
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), El Paso TxFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: great work environment
Cons: n/a
Took phone calls over the phone for Texas Gas Service turned service on, off and took payments over the phone as well.
Management was good
Co-workers were great
Dealing with upset customers
Being able to help customers out in anyway possible
Company with a great deal of responsibility on its shoulders
Senior Feild Specialist (Current Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 5, 2013
Setting up cng trailers,odorant concentration test,leak investigation.
I learned I am capable of more than I thought I was.
Very fun Company to work for ,lots of volunteer opportunities
Customer service representative (Former Employee), El Paso, TXAugust 1, 2012
Pros: lots of volunteer opportunities.
Cons: short brakes, management not helpful.
6am-3pm loved my shift ,learned more opportunities to better my customer service skills .
Management - I believe management team needs to be retrained or atleast give them a refresher every 6 months due to lots of managers are not helpful with problems due to them not knowing the system .

My co-workers are fun loved working w/them made me feel like – more... an outside fam was always there.

Hardest part of my job at Texas Gas Service was having a problem with a customer i couldn't assit due to limited resource and try to get help from management and they were not able to assist .

The most enjoyable par was working with different customers and helping them with different issues they needed to resolve . – less

About Texas Gas Service

ONEOK ("one oak") is OK with its singled-minded pursuit of profits from natural gas activities. Through its 43%-owned  ONEOK Partners (of – Read more