Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Working in the Woman's Center was the most fun part.
Nurse tech II (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJanuary 3, 2016
You got your assignment of how many patients, acuity levels, if B/S or not & your Nurses assigned to each patient. When you had over 12 patients with high acuity, then you worked with your co-workers to help. You learn a lot about your patients, their families' & your nurses on a daily basis. I got a lot of enjoyment working with & talking with my patients & their families. Management in my early years mentored me & that encouraged me. Management in my last 4 years was not the same, they treated PCT's not the same way.
The hardest part is when we were short handed. We understand it takes time to employ more people, but it can also burn out your current staff when you have over 14 patients daily for a long period of time. The most enjoyable change was working in the Woman's center with the Mom's & their new babies. I also enjoyed the ER & all that you could learn there.
Pros
Over the years with certain reward programs they gave a free lunch
Cons
short breaks, patient overload due to shortness of staff
Friendly upper management is too old school needs change.
Director (Former Employee) –  Denton TexasAugust 4, 2015
Upper Admin will never have your back. Working here I can see how Unions got started. They need one here. Leadership that has no accountability is dictatorship. Toe the line or be axed. If you are looking for a job career that will fulfill you go somewhere else.
Pros
Some really great people there not upper Admin
Cons
Upper Admin is old school needs change, new blood.
Radiology Clerk (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXAugust 3, 2015
I moved here to Denton, TX for better pay. I found a great job with Texas Health Resource and I love my job. I'm currently a radiology clerk in Women's Imaging and my dept is very small. We all get along great with each other and we are like a little family.
Pros
you get paid to do your annual wellness exam
Cons
not enough PTO
community hospital
Emergency Room RN (Current Employee) –  Flower Mound TxMarch 14, 2015
Good hospital, small setting, staffing is minimal, resources are limited, good mix of coworkers, well stocked with supplies excellent HR office staff.
Pros
small community hospital
Cons
resources are limited
Committed to excellence
Registered MRI technologist (Current Employee) –  Sherman, TXSeptember 5, 2014
Overall excellent facility with exceptional patient care.
Resident physician
Internal Medicine Resident (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 30, 2014
Daily rounding on patients that have been admitted to the hospital. Responsibilities included checking daily labs, correcting electrolyte abnormalities, ordering appropriate imaging studies and caring for patients and families.

I learned how to appropriate prioritize work daily and engage patients with regard to their current and expected health outcomes.

The hours were rigorous and usually approached approximately 80 hours a week.

I love caring for people and being able to educate and help them understand their illnesses and the importance of medication.
Pros
great work environment, intellectually stimulating
Cons
long work days
Patient Service /Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TexasAugust 25, 2014
Working for Presbyterian opened my eyes to a lot of things especially working within the Nuclear Medicine department, it helped me realized that life should never be taken for granted.

I enjoyed all the co-workers that I worked with and continue to have an outside relationship with some
Clerical/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXAugust 20, 2014
Productive and a Fun place to work when I first started. Then there was a change in management several times. I Loved My Co-Workers. I learned a lot about Medical Claims. Overall, the supervisors were great until toward the end and it got very stressful,there were consultants that came in that made it very hard to do your job and to do it with a happy face.
Pros
great people to work with.
Cons
benefits, stress due to productivity being pushed instead of quality of work.
NEW company with inexperienced/unprofessional management
Business Office Patient Access Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXJune 24, 2014
I loved the work/tasks given to me, however the management style between my director & my manager was less than professional. There was more gossip that work being done & made for a very hostile work environment. My position was a high stress job because both the manager & director as well as other directors attempted to pit me against each other or take sides. H.R. director was NEW to position & did not have the experience to correctly handle H.R. complaints, grievances, & reports. Directors/administrators seemed to "play favorites"
The most enjoyable part of my job were the staff that I supervised. They are/were wonderful, good hard working people with a true passion for patient satisfaction. I have learned so much from this job, but the most important part, be careful who you trust & always cover yourself with documentation & witnesses.
Pros
my employees
Cons
my management or lack thereof & lack of teamwork between mgmt
Executive Admininstrative Assistant/ Medical Billing
Administrative Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 30, 2014
A typical day at work would include more than the following: Discussing denials/claims with third party payers
Submission of claims
Book keeping, Filing, Calendaring, Typing, meetings
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 19, 2014
This position is a fast paced enviroment. I have learned a great deal about medical coverage and benefits.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short lunches
I really enjoyed my job at presbyterian hospital of dallas
EMT/Hyperbaric Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 26, 2014
It was a great place. I learned a lot and got great experience with a very close knit unit in hyperbarics. It was fun, exciting, and I enjoyed going to work. I wasn't exactly challenged or pressed to raise the bar. I truly enjoyed working with such a great team.
Pros
lost of "down" time
Cons
i prefer to be busy.
Fun place to work
PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 1, 2013
Management and all staff are extremely friendly, supportive and helpful. I enjoyed working here.
productive and fun place to work at
ambassador of food and nutrition (Former Employee) –  plano txMarch 12, 2013
it is a good company to work at.The supervisors are fun and serious at the same time. Great people and great environment.
Linen Tech / Receiving Tech (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXFebruary 12, 2013
Good place to work. It is a major hospital where patient care is the top priority.
Great benefits
Endoscopy nurse (Former Employee) –  Denton, TX.September 13, 2012
assissted with all types of endoscopy proceedures and in pain clinic at times giving conscious sedation. I learned a lot about endoscopy. Most of my co-workers were friendly and good nurses. Hardest part of the job was the on-call shifts and most enjoyable part of the job was time spent teaching pts.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor hr dept.
Many opportunities
Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 19, 2012
Good place to work, offered great perks, annual bonues, tuition reimbersement.
Pros
perks
Interned in the rehab services department
Speech Pathology Intern (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 23, 2012
Great staff
Great patients
Work day flew by because it was so enjoyable
Beautiful enviorment
GI/Specials RN (Former Employee) –  Rockwall, TXJuly 2, 2012
Awseone growth in GI dept. large diverse patient population. Great care provided to patients and families.
Pros
anesthia to all gi procedures
Cons
a lot of on call
Beware of staff shortage!!!
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 4, 2012
Great benefits and career growth opportunities, but you will work yourself "thin" most of the week!