Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital

Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Employer Reviews

Committed to excellence
Registered MRI technologist (Current Employee), Sherman, TXSeptember 5, 2014
Overall excellent facility with exceptional patient care.
Resident physician
Internal Medicine Resident (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 30, 2014
Pros: great work environment, intellectually stimulating
Cons: long work days
Daily rounding on patients that have been admitted to the hospital. Responsibilities included checking daily labs, correcting electrolyte abnormalities, ordering appropriate imaging studies and caring for patients and families.

I learned how to appropriate prioritize work daily and engage patients with regard to their current and expected health outcomes.

The hours were rigorous and usually approached approximately 80 hours a week.

I love caring for people and being able to educate and help them understand their illnesses and the importance of medication.
Patient Service /Scheduler (Former Employee), Dallas, TexasAugust 25, 2014
Working for Presbyterian opened my eyes to a lot of things especially working within the Nuclear Medicine department, it helped me realized that life should never be taken for granted.

I enjoyed all the co-workers that I worked with and continue to have an outside relationship with some
Clerical/Customer Service (Former Employee), Sherman, TXAugust 20, 2014
Pros: great people to work with.
Cons: benefits, stress due to productivity being pushed instead of quality of work.
Productive and a Fun place to work when I first started. Then there was a change in management several times. I Loved My Co-Workers. I learned a lot about Medical Claims. Overall, the supervisors were great until toward the end and it got very stressful,there were consultants that came in that made it very hard to do your job and to do it with a happy face.
NEW company with inexperienced/unprofessional management
Business Office Patient Access Supervisor (Former Employee), Flower Mound, TXJune 24, 2014
Pros: my employees
Cons: my management or lack thereof & lack of teamwork between mgmt
I loved the work/tasks given to me, however the management style between my director & my manager was less than professional. There was more gossip that work being done & made for a very hostile work environment. My position was a high stress job because both the manager & director as well as other directors attempted to pit me against each other or take sides. H.R. director was NEW to position & did not have the experience to correctly handle H.R. complaints, grievances, & reports. Directors/administrators seemed to "play favorites"
The most enjoyable part of my job were the staff that I supervised. They are/were wonderful, good hard working people with a true passion for patient satisfaction. I have learned so much from this job, but the most important part, be careful who you trust & always cover yourself with documentation & witnesses.
Executive Admininstrative Assistant/ Medical Billing
Administrative Unit Clerk (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 30, 2014
A typical day at work would include more than the following: Discussing denials/claims with third party payers
Submission of claims
Book keeping, Filing, Calendaring, Typing, meetings
Financial Counselor (Current Employee), Plano, TXMay 19, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short lunches
This position is a fast paced enviroment. I have learned a great deal about medical coverage and benefits.
I really enjoyed my job at presbyterian hospital of dallas
EMT/Hyperbaric Technician (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: lost of "down" time
Cons: i prefer to be busy.
It was a great place. I learned a lot and got great experience with a very close knit unit in hyperbarics. It was fun, exciting, and I enjoyed going to work. I wasn't exactly challenged or pressed to raise the bar. I truly enjoyed working with such a great team.
Fun place to work
PBX Operator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 1, 2013
Management and all staff are extremely friendly, supportive and helpful. I enjoyed working here.
productive and fun place to work at
ambassador of food and nutrition (Former Employee), plano txMarch 12, 2013
it is a good company to work at.The supervisors are fun and serious at the same time. Great people and great environment.
Linen Tech / Receiving Tech (Current Employee), Denton, TXFebruary 12, 2013
Good place to work. It is a major hospital where patient care is the top priority.
Great benefits
Endoscopy nurse (Former Employee), Denton, TX.September 13, 2012
Pros: good benefits
Cons: poor hr dept.
assissted with all types of endoscopy proceedures and in pain clinic at times giving conscious sedation. I learned a lot about endoscopy. Most of my co-workers were friendly and good nurses. Hardest part of the job was the on-call shifts and most enjoyable part of the job was time spent teaching pts.
Many opportunities
Department Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 19, 2012
Pros: perks
Good place to work, offered great perks, annual bonues, tuition reimbersement.
Interned in the rehab services department
Speech Pathology Intern (Former Employee), Plano, TXJuly 23, 2012
Great staff
Great patients
Work day flew by because it was so enjoyable
Beautiful enviorment
GI/Specials RN (Former Employee), Rockwall, TXJuly 2, 2012
Pros: anesthia to all gi procedures
Cons: a lot of on call
Awseone growth in GI dept. large diverse patient population. Great care provided to patients and families.
Beware of staff shortage!!!
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 4, 2012
Great benefits and career growth opportunities, but you will work yourself "thin" most of the week!