Texas Home Health Employee Reviews

Run Forest Runnnnn........
PT (Current Employee) –  TexasMarch 21, 2014
I love my patients and love providing PT for them in their homes. The "real" environment that the patient's home provides is a challenge at times but you will really get to know the patients you treat....this is the best environment to see how the patient functions daily

1. Incompetent management, money centered....lip service about caring for the patient. I will not be surprised when Medicare sues them for fraud. "Well lets just make something up to stay in there" was a comment from second in command RN at weekly staff mtg. When I first started working here I was shocked at how thick the vital sign folders were in the patient's home...you know the one that most home health agencies require their staff to fill out. Well apparently Texas HH likes to keep re-certifying their patients indefinitely...it is crazy. I've worked for over 20 years as a staff therapist and traveling therapist with numerous companies and have never seen this much evidence pointing to fraudulent recertification of patients.

2. Out of 20 pay periods they have shorted me 15 times. 15 times!! Then when you ask why the boss will argue about the mileage ( their mileage policy is completely unfair) or they will say they will fix the problem and then you have to keep going back to get them to follow through with reimbursing you. If you have one patient that is in Timbuktu they will pay you to drive there minus the distance from your home to the office and will not pay for the return mileage unless you have another patient in town. They only pay 47c per mile here in Texas. IRS rate is like 58c per mile...so they
  more... pocket your money.

3. They hire new grads which is usually unheard of in home health. I'm usually somewhere near the middle in experience when I hire on with a home health agency and I have 20 years.

4. They hire foreign trained staff completely new to therapy or even home health . This is a major headache. Nobody can understand their accents which is funny here in Texas. Our patients and doctors think their talking to the help desk for AT&T in the Philippines or India. Apparently the CEO works as a professor in California and hires his foreign students with a work visa scheme. Seems like their is a conflict of interest there, right?

5. All I can say is make this company the very last company you consider. This company hinders their workers they don't enable them to do their jobs well. They laid off their entire computer support staff after sending them all over the country to train the company promising them a position to continue with training the company. They laid off other well respected employees as well. Entire therapy staff at one office quit within 3 weeks of each other...kind of a hint huh?

6. This is plain and simply a cutthroat company...they don't care about you they only see the money$$$.

Fire the CEO, all inexperienced management (20 years plus should be a requirement), get rid of the dictatorial management style, and foreign trained workers. Invest in a better tablet software or maybe try Kinnser (it was developed here in Texas) and it is much easier. Pay your workers, don't slice their mileage reimbursement or be chincy with your rate of pay. You are opening yourself up to fraud with the cumbersome tablet documentation and the over abundance of recertification's of your patients.
Pros
i love my patients
Cons
worst company ever..
Fun, Live,Warm place to work. Meet great people.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 9, 2013
A typical day at work would be providing light housekeeping for the client, feeding and bathing. The rest of the would be the two or us outside on the front porch talking. We talk about any and everything. Providing the companionship that is missing. We would watch soap operas. I learned that people do get lonely and all they really want is companionship, and trust. Providing those features goes along way. It give the clients something to look forward to everyday. The hardest part of my job was to see family members coming in and getting the clients self esteem back down and the client whole mood changes. I enjoyed my job, I enjoyed being around elderly/ disabled people, just people in general because you can learn a different variety of things in life. The talking and laughing was the most memorable times for me. We would spend so much time talking and laughing and times go by so fast I would never have notice the extra amount time beyond my limit that I was still there until it gets dark. If its something you enjoy there is no time limit. You do it because it something you love to do, its a passion that comes from within.
Pros
laughing and talking.
Cons
when clients are admitted to the hospital or nursing homes.
Helping and caring for profession
PT (Current Employee) –  TexasMay 4, 2014
Its a great place to work who like taking challenges and work rather than just complaining about mileage reimbursement and lengthy documentation .
Even if documentation is vast its good those who want to play safe as they have all objective and measurable goals.
Co workers are understanding and if you discuss with them regarding your concern they will assist you.
Some of staff specifically PRN will keep crying all time ..,avoid and move!! Life is a learning experience ,you have to adjust after all its survival of the fittest!!
Company really care for staff and pay on time without any delay .Diversity and culture values are respected.It is great that company provides opportunity for foreign trained staff .Even if company hires new grads they make it sure you know the documentation part very well and director will ride with you to make you comfort at best.
Some experienced staff PRN need to be focused at work rather than thinking about negative aspects of company .If they have such big experience and still into fieldwork that means they never tried to reach there utmost goal .Just know how to fly around,make bad impression about company.
Professional values and judgement are respected.
Pros
great concern for patients
Cons
schedulling
Huge turnover rate
nurse (Current Employee) –  TexasMarch 8, 2015
The office is short-staffed. Huge turnover. Huge turnover. The manager has tight purse strings and supplies are often unavailable or nurses have to wait weeks for replacements especially for such critical supplies as a blood pressure cuff and glucometer test strips. Excellent benefits are promised upon hire, but upon annual review NONE are given as promised (raise, tuition reimbursement, employee bonus referrals, etc.). The employee handbook is only honored when it is convenient for management. Any other time employees are told it is on the intranet, which in-the-field nurses do not have access to. Mileage is reimbursed at a minimal rate. Travel is easily over 100 miles daily with no promised reimbursement bonuses. There is no direct supervisor in that everybody wants to know what is going on directly. Huge communication gaps. Order requests ignored intentionally. Patient care directly impacted by lack of willingness of manager to spend money on the right equipment for the patient. Would not refer patients or employees. While the company makes huge profits, it is at the expense of employee sacrifice, minimal equipment and short-staffing.
Pros
pay always on time
Cons
long hours, huge turnover rate, minimal supplies, many miles
Regular gatherings, pot lucks, B-day celebrations, volunteer with senior events
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 22, 2014
Dependable, loyal, dedicated and hard working. Performing my clerical duties and expectations daily. Filing, data entry, updating log reports, maintaining equipment and updating and synching laptops and computers, tracking orders and helping where I was needed. Being my first office job, I learned a lot from my management department. I give credit for all my skills and talents to my management and administrative departments, given this opportunity . My co-workers appreciated my help and dedication when they had troubles with their laptops and when they needed help faxing orders. The hardest part of the job was leaving, I really loved my job but after 8 years, new management was made and changes went in a negative direction causing loss of good employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was taking with me all the skills and talents I learned while working here for eight years.
Pros
taking on every task i could get, cleaning the kitchen, making daily coffee, baking b-day cakes, volunteer for senior events
Cons
working pass my shift, not taking breaks, not able to say no
Very busy work place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXNovember 9, 2013
Opened up office at 7:50am, activated multiline switchboard (8), took care of customers/patients that arrived needing help. Took care of patient care workers who came in the office for supplies before going out to the patients homes. Collected time cards, order supplies for the office and for the nurses. Set up packets for 2 RN's on the CBA side of Texas Home Health. The RN's did weekly, and monthly visits to patients. They also investigated any problems or complaints that were reported. Processed the mail that was delivered to the right person. Delivered phone messages. Was always seeking additional help with phones. Needed updated phone system. The
one I was using was outdated(8yrs) and didn't work most of time. Loose calls, place call on hold and it would hang up on people, etc.
Hande out job applications and new hire packets.
Pros
learned about home health and its services, helping patients
Cons
working problems between two departments, skilled nursing and cba.
Home Health Care
Specialized Clerical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 30, 2013
I start my day by organizing the office for everyone! I come in early so I can get all of the paperwork out of the way and open myself up to do more during the day!!!
I send all orders to the physicians for signature. I do order tracking of all orders and responsible for all scanning, and chart maintenance. I do pre-billing audits. I order for Medical Supplies and Office supplies as needed. I a assist the HR Director. I am assistant to our Director. Input Oasis, medical coding.

I cook a lot for the office.....I am the office Cheerleader!! I have a lot of fun getting everyone to have fun. I organize meetings and luncheons for the staff and will make sure to have some fun days, such as a themed lunches with decorations and all!!!

The hardest part of this job is the inability to move anywhere and not being able to get a Substantial increase. The inability to move would not bother me if the opportunity for a bonus or increase was there!
Pros
i am able to be the energizer bunny that i am!
Cons
no increases or bonuses
home health
CLINICAL SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXJuly 10, 2013
In the home health setting, as a field RN/Case Manager, I have performed independent health assessments of individuals and families by evaluating their physical, mental and social and environmental health status; and provide nursing intervention based on assessment of need. I have made skilled nursing observations and assessments of client health care status by monitoring and documenting such things as vital signs, pulse, presence of edema, heart and lung auscultation, blood and urine laboratory values, intake and output, consciousness and orientation levels; by completing a health history and evaluation, and evaluating living arrangements. Intervene in emergency situations by notifying proper authorities such as police, physicians, child protection agencies and personnel in medical facilities/emergency rooms; provide information to court officials in cases of child and adult protection. Develop and provide health education and consultation services to community members, clients and family members on a one-to-one and group basis through home visits, responding to requests for information by phone or in person.
Texas Home Health
Provider (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXFebruary 17, 2014
Typical day at work cook,clean assisting patients with daily needs, and administering medications, from bathing and feeding to helping them clean up their homes, laundry...etc.

I learn each day how rewarding growing old is and what to expect while working with various cases and learning new things. And I learned that it isn't possible to please everyone everyday but if you make an effort you have a high success rate.

Management time to do all the things within certain amount of time.

The hardest part of the job patient family dramas and losing my patients when they passed away but being able to put smiles on their faces everyday up until their passing was the most enjoyable
Pros
working with various cases and learning new things.
Cons
patient family dramas and death.
Great place to work. no complaints other than Pay. Pay is very poor. Not for anyone that needs to provide a home expence. But very rewarding.
Home Care Provider (Current Employee) –  San Marcos TexasAugust 20, 2015
A typical work consist of making the client/patient comfortable. Make lunch breakfast. Help get dressed and up for the day if needed. Take care of any duties to be done. Clean, wash whatever. talk to client/patient about what they wan/expect and/or need for the week. Go to the store/Pharmacy Etc. for the week. And Prepare as needed. The most enjoyable part of the job to me is just being with the clients. Making them feel special cause they are. The hardest part of the job to me is letting go. Changes{death}.
Pros
Sharing lives
Cons
Very little pay for the high qaulity care of a persons life.
An interpersonal company.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  8876 Gulf Freeway Houston,Tx. 77017May 20, 2014
I think of Texas Home health as a great starter job that teaches it's employees to be fully vested in the commitment that they make with the clients once becoming apart of the company.My work days consist of creating a consistent pattern for my client five days a week.I arrive at the home of the client to perform light cleaning, bathing toileting, preparing meals, excercise, and bed making.I would have to say that the hardest part of my job would be leaving my clients alone at the end of the day.The most enjoyable part of my job would be the freindships that are built between the client and I through trust and patience.
Pros
being able to take my own enitiative.
Cons
not knowing what home i am going into on the first visit.
Texas Home Health- An Accent Care Company
Agency Administrator (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXJune 2, 2015
I spent each day assuring that the patients were being seen as ordered, and encouraging staff to do their best.
Very report driven, did a lot of inspecting expecations. Learned HCHB software and that a sales focus of the administrator in this company is not for me. I'm more customer service, clinical quality and education focused. Most difficult was learning processes that are not well documented.
Excellent on-line training, lacks supporting reference documentation once the on-line portion is complete.
Excellent clinical team. Enjoyed the staff, was able to build a team that will provide wonderful patient care into the future.
Pros
Stable company
Cons
Micromanaged
Not a fun place to work, Administration was very unorganized and communication was poor, They expect you work 12 hrs and 7 days a week.
RN, Case Manager, Behavioral Health (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJuly 5, 2012
The worst job I have every had. You are salaried as an R.N. but you have no life due to paperwork. You work 12 hours per day and then on weekends also, to catch up. Management was the worst I have encountered. Communication is poor. They do not respect the Nurses at all. They have a Clinical Nurse Manager that is lazy but is very much like a Drill Sarg. She doesn't know how to talk to employees. Massive turn over with Nurses and Physical Therapists. My most enjoyable part of the job was seeing and working with my patients.
Caregiver at Texas Home Health
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Leander, TxApril 4, 2013
I wanted to put my foot in the medical field and was fortunate enough to land the position of a Caregiver at Texas Home Health. The position is extremely flexible however the company mainly gives part-time positions that pay very little unless you are in management. The management is kind and they respond back to your calls promptly. The hardest part of my day would probably be if my client is disoriented and we can't communicate, but that is not her fault. I enjoy my job because I like helping the family, my client, and being in the medical field.
Pros
i enjoy taking care of someone who is in need of assistance and their family, the flexibility of the job, the management is responible and courteous.
Cons
they are extremely short on hours, most caregivers need a second job
Decent Workplace
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 22, 2013
The work day starts with pulling order batches and checking emails. Making any travel arrangements for any of the Executives as required. From this company I learned Cerner and Homecare Homebase, as well as how to communicate with outside referral sources and vendors. I learned how to support a regional team, as well as build relationships with my co-workers so that we would want to support one another. The hardest part of my job was determining which one of my job functions took priority at the end of Pay Period close and A/P close. The most enjoyable part of my job was the Meeting planning and making the travel arrangements, these were often in different cities and I was invited to attend.
Negative attitudes, negative environment
Home Health Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 7, 2014
I worked there for about 10 months as a marketing rep. I hit my quota nearly every month and nearly doubled it the last 3 months I was with them but since my manager was a total whacko and wanted to bring in his own people I was let go. I enjoyed my time for a while but with the constant micro managing and non stop random ride alongs, or calls from upper management I began to wonder if they even trusted me or anyone for that matter. Fortunately I was let go because I was beginning to go insane.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
micro management, trust issues, no help from management
hard but productive workplace
assisting client when caring for own appearance (Former Employee) –  beaumont, txSeptember 1, 2014
I worked independently with a disabled client. some days I would go into work and the client would have a very disgusting attitude some days he'd use profanity towards me for no reason. I over looked it because I knew that he was angry because of the situation he was in. I came into work did my job and left when it was time to go I would sit and talk to him about his day and how things would get better just encourage him on a daily. what I enjoyed most was the fact that I could talk to him and make his day better
Pros
having the ability to encourage him
Cons
clients vulgar language
Great company to work for
Regional Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Central and South Central, TexasMay 27, 2013
In this company I learned a great deal about patient care and Medicare rules and regulations as well as company compliance. I traveled regionally in the Central and South Central areas of Texas doing training for our computer system, Cerner, and also was responsible for making sure that each office stayed in compliance with Medicare. In doing this I conducted complete audits of patient charts as well as personnel files. The most difficult part of this job was when representatives from DADs were present doing their audits. Whichever office they showed up to I had to report to that office immediately to assist the office during their audit. I loved every aspect of this job and every job duty that I was handed.
Fun, live enviroment, with hard working team members
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXMay 7, 2013
A typical day at work will be taking everything Serious. As for Patients, and the enviroment im surrounded in, but to have a great sense of humor to keep a work related conversation with my fellow office teammates. Everyday is a learning experience in the medical field, and everyday i am willing to learn something new. The hardest part of my job is to see the pain and uncomfortable reaction from a patient. The enjoyable part of the job is to put a smile on my patient face, and to be able to answer all questions fro the patient.
Pros
being able to work in the medical field, fast enviroment, and lending a helping hand.
Cons
seeing the pain and discomfort from a patient
THH
LVN Field Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jasper, TXMarch 25, 2015
Overall THH was a great company to work for. I had great co-workers and learned and improved a lot of my nursing skills. The new EMR system is easy to learn, but can also be time consuming. The most enjoyable part of my job was taking care of the patients whom I got very close too and were like family to me. Helping them improve their health was a blessing to me. The hardest part of my job was the commuting back and forth and travel between clients/patients. Each office branch is different but overall it has been a great company that I would recommend to anyone