Texas Industries

Texas Industries Employer Reviews

Was once the greatest company to work for.
Sr. Quality Control/ Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee), Mill Creek, TXOctober 6, 2014
Pros: good pay, wonderful work environment, good bonus'
Cons: outdoor work, some positions are very labor intense
This company has sold out to a competitor, but when it was Txi, this was a great company that had great people in its organization, they were family oriented and a wonderful place to work
Was a very good place to work.
Director, IS Solution Delivery, PMO (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 29, 2014
Company had a family style culture prior to merger with Martin Martin Marietta.
I have worked at my current position for the past five years and have grown as a leader. The people make this a productive and enjoyable place to work
Supervisor Mechanical Maintenance (Current Employee), Midlothian, TXJuly 9, 2014
Pros: the daily challenges and the support i have received from management
Cons: our buisness culture is changing and its time for new oportunities and growth.
My day consists of employee assignments and scheduling daily work order projects.
Planning contract labor projects and budgets.
Parts procurement and long term planning.

I have learned to communicate between department heads to schedule appropriate repairs. I have become a good public speaker and have been successful in leading safety training.

My management skills are complimented in my awards received and the production of my team.

My co-workers are very skilled and intelligent. We have a cooperative working relationship and compiment each others schedules and accomplishments.

The hardest part of my job is the need to get equipment repaired for long term service and lower the mean time between failures.
Managing the maintenance needs of two hundred plus employees and prioritizing those needs in an efficient mannor and staying within the yearly budget.

By far the employees and my coworkers are the best part of my job.
We all work together well and some of them I have worked with for the twenty five years I have been here.
Great place to work...
Benefits Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 4, 2014
It's too bad that the TXI that we all know and love will be going away in less than a month.
Excellent company to work for
Director of Project Management (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 21, 2014
Challenging environment where initiative, motivation and creativity are encouraged.
It was a nice place to work at because the job security was great!
Warehouseman/Material Handler (Former Employee), Childress, TXOctober 1, 2013
It was a decent place to work at. Most of the people there didn't mind working there at all.
The hardest part of the job was probably working in the heat of the summer, with the heat and all. A typical day at work would start at six A.M. and end at two thirty in the afternoon.
Very friendly and production environment to work.
Senior Oracle Consultant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: free lunch during testing periods. local project. telecommuted on fridays.
Cons: the contract expired.
I was allowed to start at 6am and close at 3pm to be able to pick up my son. I was the only consultant working with a fairly big IS Department composed of very smart developers. I was in charge of all the functional setups, configurations, issues resolution, requirements definition and documents, etc.
good
Truck Driver (Former Employee), TXOctober 26, 2012
Good work experience chance to put my skills to use.COMPANY HAS BEEN PURCHASED BY ANOTHER COMPANY.