Texas Industries Employee Reviews

company was bought out by martin marietta
Ready Mix Driver \ Trainer (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJuly 27, 2017
this Company no longer does buisness it was bought out by Martin Marietta. all of is old practices are being transfered to Martin Marietta. liked working there family enviroment
Great Experience
QC Chemist (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXMarch 29, 2017
A lot of hard working people at TXI. Everyone was very helpful and was willing to train new associates. Rotating shifts were a little difficult to get used to but it was eventually OK.
Steady industrial community
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXFebruary 2, 2017
Texas industries makes a wide variety of products, which are fun and at times challenging. Their inner circle in office makes office work fun and interesting.
Pros
Productive and smooth flowing position
Cons
No retirement benefits, no bonuses
Decent place
Bulk Driver (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 28, 2015
Good place to work just don't voice your concerns they will terminate you for doing so.

Overall good friendly atmosphere with plant operations and other drivers.
A great place to work, long term
IS Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 3, 2015
Total work exeprince was wonderful, a family like work environment, teamwork everywhere, active in the community, salary increases yearly, bonuses almost every year.
Pros
Family Environment
Great company
VP (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 14, 2015
Great Company that was focused on reinventing itself. Good leadership that listened and was willing to change. Was able to realistically address its weaknesses and actively seek change.
Was once the greatest company to work for.
Sr. Quality Control/ Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Mill Creek, TXOctober 6, 2014
This company has sold out to a competitor, but when it was Txi, this was a great company that had great people in its organization, they were family oriented and a wonderful place to work
Pros
good pay, wonderful work environment, good bonus'
Cons
outdoor work, some positions are very labor intense
Was a very good place to work.
Director, IS Solution Delivery, PMO (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 29, 2014
Company had a family style culture prior to merger with Martin Martin Marietta.
I have worked at my current position for the past five years and have grown as a leader. The people make this a productive and enjoyable place to work
Supervisor Mechanical Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, TXJuly 9, 2014
My day consists of employee assignments and scheduling daily work order projects.
Planning contract labor projects and budgets.
Parts procurement and long term planning.

I have learned to communicate between department heads to schedule appropriate repairs. I have become a good public speaker and have been successful in leading safety training.

My management skills are complimented in my awards received and the production of my team.

My co-workers are very skilled and intelligent. We have a cooperative working relationship and compiment each others schedules and accomplishments.

The hardest part of my job is the need to get equipment repaired for long term service and lower the mean time between failures.
Managing the maintenance needs of two hundred plus employees and prioritizing those needs in an efficient mannor and staying within the yearly budget.

By far the employees and my coworkers are the best part of my job.
We all work together well and some of them I have worked with for the twenty five years I have been here.
Pros
The daily challenges and the support I have received from management
Cons
Our buisness culture is changing and its time for new oportunities and growth.
Great place to work...
Benefits Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 4, 2014
It's too bad that the TXI that we all know and love will be going away in less than a month.

Want to know more about Texas Industries?

Ask a question
Excellent company to work for
Director of Project Management (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 21, 2014
Challenging environment where initiative, motivation and creativity are encouraged.
It was a nice place to work at because the job security was great!
Warehouseman/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Childress, TXOctober 1, 2013
It was a decent place to work at. Most of the people there didn't mind working there at all.
The hardest part of the job was probably working in the heat of the summer, with the heat and all. A typical day at work would start at six A.M. and end at two thirty in the afternoon.
Very friendly and production environment to work.
Senior Oracle Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 15, 2013
I was allowed to start at 6am and close at 3pm to be able to pick up my son. I was the only consultant working with a fairly big IS Department composed of very smart developers. I was in charge of all the functional setups, configurations, issues resolution, requirements definition and documents, etc.
Pros
free lunch during testing periods. local project. telecommuted on fridays.
Cons
the contract expired.
good
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  TXOctober 26, 2012
Good work experience chance to put my skills to use.COMPANY HAS BEEN PURCHASED BY ANOTHER COMPANY.