Texas Mutual Insurance Company Employee Reviews

One of the best companies in Texas
Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TexasMay 4, 2017
Texas Mutual is a great place to work. There are many talented people with a desire to contribute and provide great service to our clients. I love coming to work!

The most enjoyable part of the job are the relationships with team members and our clients.
Pros
Culture, leadership team, mission and values
Cons
Commute to work
Great Management and Team Support
Senior Workers' Compensation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 15, 2016
Excellent company to work for with good management and good support staff. Fantastic training and continued eductional semniars available at all times. Co-workers are great.
Pros
Great Support Staff and Management
Dependable
Underwriter I (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 27, 2016
Performed support needs for Workers Compensation new and renewal policies. I successfully completed all jobs by time requested. Maintained records , verified and interprets date and resolves discrepancies.
Pros
Employee picnics
Cons
Very fast paced and detail oriented workplace.
Processor Technical Support - Tech II (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 17, 2015
The direct hire position I held at this company involved prepping items to be scanned into the computer system the first half of the day, and indexing those items the second half of the day into three separate computer systems so that all involved personnel could view them, etc. The management depended upon what department you were working in. All of the departments varied a great deal. The hardest part of my position was keeping my wrists in good shape at the rate in which I type. The most enjoyable part of the job was the long lasting friendships I gained.
Pros
A cafe was in the building with impressive menu's and wonderful spirited employees.
Cons
Dept games to relieve stress took many hours out of productive work being accomplished.
The people make the company a great place to work
Investigator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 16, 2015
The people make the company a great place to work. This is a company that offers opportunity for advancement for it's employees.
Pros
Emphasis placed on employee health (ie: offers free yoga classes to employees)
Cons
Can be demanding work
Friendly culture.
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 18, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my experience as a TMI employee was the relationships that I formed with co-workers. The friendliness of the employees is key to the company's emphasis on customer services.
Not the best company as claimed
Medical Review Tech Coder (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 24, 2014
You will not be praised or promoted on your work ethic or knowledge. You have to fit the mold set by managers and supervisors. Your work will speak for itself yet you will be judged on appearance alone. To survive this place you will have to constantly watch your back and document everything. If you do not become who they think you should be you will not advance.
Pros
Hours, cafe
Cons
Micro-managing. Cliques. raises
Productive place to work
CDU Workers' Compensation Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 21, 2014
Handle workers' compensation claims with an enthusiastic group of adjusters.
Left to Relocate
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago ILMay 5, 2014
Left position here to move because of spouse getting new position. Did right by me by keeping me on remote for 5 months after moving
TMI was a great place to work and I enjoyed meeting and working with a diverse group of people.
Utilization Review Nurse (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 15, 2013
QA of vendors doing case management and preauthorization for TMI. Assisted in house preauthorization and medical bill audit with interpretation and implementation of applicable rules. Collaborated with others to interpret and implement all rules related to the medical aspect of workers compensation.
Pros
Benefits were great.
Cons
Limited opportunities for nurses.
More like a family
PRIOR AUTHORIZATION NURSE (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 31, 2013
The typical day consisted of working cases and never missing deadlines. I learned to manage my time well. Managers were friends and coworkers you could count on in hard times. The hardest part of the job was continually meting deadlines, yet the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to meet deadlines.
Pros
family atmosphere. everyone pulled together to get the job done
Cons
not the highest paying job I've everhad
Client focused, fun place to work
Senior Workers Compensation Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2013
Proper administration of workers compensation claims handling. Great place to work. Family oriented.
Pros
great long term place to work.
Cons
not much advancement opportunities.
Strong and thriving environment as a team
Claims Assistant/ Workers Compensation Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 5, 2012
Each day I reviewed and initiated new claims and diaries sent by Workers Compensation adjusters. When I was promoted to a Wprkers Compensation adjuster, I started my own claims process with new claims.The hardest part of my job was juggling new claims with the pending 25,000 claims that were finalized, yet still needed attention.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
workers compensation claims run at least 401 weeks, making it difficuly to close claims.
Easy laid back Job for the most part
Journeyman Electrician - Senior Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 15, 2012
everyone is nice and has a good personality. Learned the corporate side of work that I dont get working in the field. Nothing is hard about this job other than the politics.
Pros
garrenteed hours, good work environment, easy, awesome benifits
Cons
job security, takes an act of congress to get anything done, always feel like your on your toes around people, everyone is babied
Great company to work for!
Senior Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 26, 2012
For me, this was my first real job that gave me an opportunity for true growth. I absorbed everything I could. All levels of management are professional and helpful. They really want their employees to succeed.
Great place to work!
Claims clerical (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 7, 2012
I loved my job as a claims clerk at Texas Mutual. The people were great, the way they treated the employees and customers...outstanding!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texas Mutual Insurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2