Texas Oncology PA Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Texas Oncology provides an unsafe enviroment for patients.
Infusion RN (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 18, 2017
Texas Oncology consistently provided a fast paced understaffed environment conducive to putting your license in jeopardy via pressing nurses to assess, administer toxic IV infusion without the ability to properly monitor signs/symptoms or reactions that a patient could have no matter how many times the patient has received that particular IV infusion. They also fail to provide lunch nor any breaks to their nurses at anytime throughout the day. Among other things not provided were appropriate PPE and an inadequate bare minimal crash cart without requiring or providing ACLS classes for their nurses. In my opinion this chemo infusion lab is operating in an environment that is unsafe for patients as well as subjecting nurses to the consequence of possible license discipline or revocation.
No Job security due to Corporate Billing Office
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 13, 2017
If the CBO ever feels the need to have more control over the non patient related departments, you will more likely be out of a job sooner or later. Benefits are OK. I love how PTO and holidays are separated. If you're friends with the supervisor you'll be OK, but if not well........Do I really have to say it. Gossip is acknowledged by management and that is a big no no. Some of their supervisors/managers are very unprofessional and they lack skills that are necessary to be that position. Some even have so much spare time it its spent taking selfies in their office.
Clinic nurse/ work under Doctor
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 23, 2017
Education. Process and enter orders. Start and assist with insurance authorization. Schedule appointment in house and consults. Chart prep for new patients. Lab draws. Access ports. Triage phone calls. Assist other clinic with needs. Float to Infusion room when needed for IV medications and Chemotherapy administration.
Involved in Safety Committee and Social Committee.
Great company with great benefits
Billing Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 14, 2016
I was very happy working for company gained a load of knowledge regarding medical billing. Great company to work for. Enjoyed my co-workers. Great working hours and holiday schedule.
Unorganized clinic and staff
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 12, 2016
My concern for patients not receive appropriate care, because of lack of organization within the clinic. Patient treatment was being affected due to lack of provider documentation.
Pros
Helping patients
Cons
Difficult staff
Teamwork, love, respect, and busy.
Lab Tech/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 27, 2016
I have been here for a short while, but I love my job here. Texas Oncology wants to treat patients like family, and so employees treat patients and coworkers like family as well. We always have fun with eachother and patients. We get crazy busy, but always work together to achieve goals.
I enjoyed the patients.
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 29, 2016
I really enjoyed the patients. They had the most beautiful spirits,.and I bonded with them. I cried a lot of times because some of the patients passed away. The pay for this job was horrible. I was barely making it, I started out as a check in person, and was moved to a position with more responsibility, and no raise. The manager, and the employee who was in the position before me were best friends. (Go figure) It was a lot of drama there. I would not recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Weekends off, Learning experience
Cons
Low Morale, Unprofessional behavior
Caring, progressive, oncology practice
Infusion and Clinic Nurse (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXFebruary 17, 2016
Worked long hours with people that cared deeply about their patients. Enjoyed the opportunity to educate the patients about their cancers and treatments.

Poor oversight and management of non-performing employees made the job more difficult that it needed to be.
what was instilled in me
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  TXOctober 15, 2015
bone marrows will always be instilled in my head, and having more patience with cancer pts, it takes heart to work in oncology because the patient only win the battle for a short period of time
A good and stable place to work
Patient Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXSeptember 4, 2015
A good company to work for with opportunities to grow and advance. Excellent benefits vacation and sick pay. Work atmosphere was fun yet stressful at times.
Pros
Free monthly birthday lunches
Cons
Instead of set vacation time it was accured by pay period
Excellent oncology services and medical providers.
Oncology Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 15, 2015
One of the best oncology clinics that I've ever worked at. Services were provided in a timely manner. Very out-going staff. Staff worked well together.
Pros
Building had shops, large cafe, Starbucks, social services, activities
Cons
Parking
Good Work enviroment
Medical Assistant/ Radiation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TexasApril 27, 2015
Working with Texas Oncology, has been an educational, and humbling experience. I have enjoyed the staff that I work with. They are family. The hardest part about working here is that the patients become apart of your family and if their cancer is really bad you lose them. I have been fortunate enough to have the grace to love and show my patients that even through the journey of being a Cancer patient that there is still hope and that there is a chance for survival. That alone keep me here at Texas Oncology.
Pros
benefits, education opportunities, staff, good managers
Cons
Patients death
wonderful place to work for
phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  fort worth txFebruary 22, 2015
I'm a contracted phlebotomist for a different company but I work at Texas oncology and it's a wonderful place to work at. I enjoy everyone I work with on a daily basis and I love the patients.
Pros
Good people surrounding you
Cons
I havent found any yet
Worst company I ever worked for
Patient Account Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 16, 2013
Micromanagement environment. Creative thinking is frowned upon. Employees are only drones to this company. Three years wasted trying to advance. If you question management, you become a target for harassment and mistreatment.

The work environment is tense, and uncomfortable. Teamwork is non-existent because you are pressured to perform based on goals analysis determine without being exposed to all the components of your duties.

Employees are told add SA modifiers to secondary Medicare claims after primary payment has been received where no modifier was billed at all which is wrong. How they escape being audited blows my mind.
Pros
Employees are discouraged from being creative thinkers.
Cons
Micromanagement environment. You feel as though you cannot breathe.
Love this company
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 2, 2013
I love working in the medical field and I enjoy working with the breast specialists.
receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  houston txJune 26, 2013
Scans and attaches documents into electronic medical record.Answers incoming calls and transfers calls to appropriate offices/staff.Greets patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous, and professional manner.Takes and relays accurate and complete telephone messages.Maintains telephone and visitor logs.
no comment
Sr. Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 26, 2012
i work for the company 11 years i would like change hours my kids are teenagers now.