Texas Oncology PA Employee Reviews

Caring, progressive, oncology practice
Infusion and Clinic Nurse (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXFebruary 17, 2016
Worked long hours with people that cared deeply about their patients. Enjoyed the opportunity to educate the patients about their cancers and treatments.

Poor oversight and management of non-performing employees made the job more difficult that it needed to be.
Great company with great benefits
Billing Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 14, 2016
I was very happy working for company gained a load of knowledge regarding medical billing. Great company to work for. Enjoyed my co-workers. Great working hours and holiday schedule.
Unorganized clinic and staff
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 12, 2016
My concern for patients not receive appropriate care, because of lack of organization within the clinic. Patient treatment was being affected due to lack of provider documentation.
Pros
HELPING PATIENTS
Cons
DIFFICULT STAFF
Teamwork, love, respect, and busy.
Lab Tech/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 27, 2016
I have been here for a short while, but I love my job here. Texas Oncology wants to treat patients like family, and so employees treat patients and coworkers like family as well. We always have fun with eachother and patients. We get crazy busy, but always work together to achieve goals.
Good Work enviroment
Medical Assistant/ Radiation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TexasApril 27, 2015
Working with Texas Oncology, has been an educational, and humbling experience. I have enjoyed the staff that I work with. They are family. The hardest part about working here is that the patients become apart of your family and if their cancer is really bad you lose them. I have been fortunate enough to have the grace to love and show my patients that even through the journey of being a Cancer patient that there is still hope and that there is a chance for survival. That alone keep me here at Texas Oncology.
Pros
benefits, education opportunities, staff, good managers
Cons
Patients death
Worst company I ever worked for
Patient Account Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 16, 2013
Micromanagement environment. Creative thinking is frowned upon. Employees are only drones to this company. Three years wasted trying to advance. If you question management, you become a target for harassment and mistreatment.

The work environment is tense, and uncomfortable. Teamwork is non-existent because you are pressured to perform based on goals analysis determine without being exposed to all the components of your duties.

Employees are told add SA modifiers to secondary Medicare claims after primary payment has been received where no modifier was billed at all which is wrong. How they escape being audited blows my mind.
Pros
Employees are discouraged from being creative thinkers.
Cons
Micromanagement environment. You feel as though you cannot breathe.
A good and stable place to work
Patient Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXSeptember 4, 2015
A good company to work for with opportunities to grow and advance. Excellent benefits vacation and sick pay. Work atmosphere was fun yet stressful at times.
Pros
Free monthly birthday lunches
Cons
Instead of set vacation time it was accured by pay period
what was instilled in me
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  TXOctober 15, 2015
bone marrows will always be instilled in my head, and having more patience with cancer pts, it takes heart to work in oncology because the patient only win the battle for a short period of time
Excellent oncology services and medical providers.
Oncology Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 15, 2015
One of the best oncology clinics that I've ever worked at. Services were provided in a timely manner. Very out-going staff. Staff worked well together.
Pros
Building had shops, large cafe, Starbucks, social services, activities
Cons
Parking
wonderful place to work for
phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  fort worth txFebruary 22, 2015
I'm a contracted phlebotomist for a different company but I work at Texas oncology and it's a wonderful place to work at. I enjoy everyone I work with on a daily basis and I love the patients.
Pros
Good people surrounding you
Cons
I havent found any yet
receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  houston txJune 26, 2013
Scans and attaches documents into electronic medical record.Answers incoming calls and transfers calls to appropriate offices/staff.Greets patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous, and professional manner.Takes and relays accurate and complete telephone messages.Maintains telephone and visitor logs.
Love this company
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 2, 2013
I love working in the medical field and I enjoy working with the breast specialists.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texas Oncology PA. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3