Texas Oncology Employee Reviews in United States

Rewarding and always busy job, you have to love
Medical Assistant II/ Medical Records Tech II (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXMarch 6, 2016
The hardest part of the job was losing patients. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping and getting to know patients personally. A typical day for me was to get the IV saline bags prepared for patients, making sure everything was stocked for nurses to be able to do their job more efficiently. If it was time to order supplies I would do that and/or stock the supplies that came in, keep up with oxygen tanks, blankets and anything else a patient may need to be comfortable through their chemotherapy treatment. As soon as patients arrived and nurses were ready I would greet patients, escort them from lobby or doctor's area, take vital signs on each patient, record it in electronic record, clean chair as patients were done. At the end of day, I would re-stock and clean everything to prepare for the next day.
Pros
Coworkers are there for the same reason, to help the patients.
Cons
Management and salary are the top reasons for the high rate of turnovers
Surgery Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 5, 2016
Management at Texas Oncology is awful, great place to work if they changed management, Doctors were fantastic! My co workers were the best, patients were so loving and caring, I would have stayed but micro management is not my thing!
Pros
free lunches, great pay
Cons
cant even go to the restroom with out getting in trouble
Provided outstanding patient care
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXApril 7, 2016
The company provided good working hours of 8-5 M-F, no weekend, and a certain number of paid holidays. The facility has continued to give the best patient care possible, considering how short staffed they were and in no real hurry to rectify the situation. The staff was a wonderful group of people to work with. It is just a shame that the department managers and upper management were not able to appreciate the hard work and effort put in by their employees. I enjoyed going to work to see and treat the patients and work with the outstanding co-workers.
Pros
Good benefits, good hours, paid holidays
Cons
No job security, Long time employees having to feel insecure about their job, no management support
Over the course of my tenure, Texas Oncology became more & more business minded. Rarely show appreciation but quick to point out faults/errors.
Patient Account Specialist II (Current Employee) –  TexasMay 22, 2016
I learned a lot over my 13-year tenure with Texas Oncology and loved working as a team. There are a lot of rewarding factors that came with the job but probably the most difficult part of this job was growing close to some of the patients and watching them grow near the end of their life, then their time on this earth and their suffering finally came to an end.
Pros
Benefits and security
They got too big
Sr. Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 2, 2016
Texas Oncology has been bought and sold over the years. There did not seem to be much difference in the day to day operations through out these transactions. However it was not long after McKesson bought us that things changed. The changes were always for the worst. "You need to do more with less" became the mantra of management. it all ended up with our department being outsourced. The end.
Pros
decent pay and benefits
Cons
No one has a clue whats going on there anymore, and layoffs.
Great enmployment to work for
Phlebotomist III (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJuly 19, 2016
I enjoyed the the expierience working for a private practice. The years invested enabled me to grow, learn, and help me better my work performance. I appreciate all employees. We were a team build to help others.
Pros
I appreciated having weekend off
Cons
I would have preferred longer lunches
Great work place but sometimes tragic
Insurance Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 22, 2016
Its a great place to work at but the pay and raises are horrible, also the lack of coverage while you off is ridiculous. Sometimes it get depressing knowing you have kids and bill and the pay you recieve will not take care all you needs.
Bad management and no advancement opportunities
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 8, 2015
The actual office I work in is a satellite office. The culture in this office is awesome. The doctor I work for is the most caring and empathetic doctor I have met. Unfortunately, there are no managers at this office but they seem to think they know how this office works. I do more work than any other medical assistant in this company. All extra work is ALWAYS given to me so my plate is very full. This company prefers to hire outside of the office for positions and has never promoted within the company. In the medical assistant position there is no advancement opportunities unless you go to nursing school. The raises are horrible and they are very stingy with the money they have allotted. Anytime something changes management does not explain to you what to do, they wait until you do something wrong then send you videos on how to do it. In this office the doctor is very partial to her clinical nurse and they are very buddy buddy with each other. This becomes a problem when the nurse lies and the doctor only believes what the nurse says. I have had no issues with this company except for the fact that they do discriminate against your age when it comes to promotions.
MD's are great
Sr Patient Benefit Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 23, 2016
its a great place to work pay was very poor pay and never enough workers to come to work. love the pt when i am able to assist them with either foundation or financial assistance with their chemotherapy treatment.
Pros
always free lunches
Cons
pays poorly
Cancer Center
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 20, 2015
Staff worked well as a team and cared very much for the emotional and physical well being of all their patients. very organized environment with great management
Pros
Patient care
Cons
Low salary
Most rewarding job I have ever had
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TX 75075May 21, 2016
I loved my job there. I met the most amazing people everyday. People that had the strongest spirit and biggest hearts in the world. I had an amazing staff, and worked with the best doctors ever.
Pros
Best people ever
Cons
The administrator
fast paced environment
Senior Charge Entry Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 14, 2016
Fast paced environment. Enter patient charges is practice management system. Management only cares about the bottom line and not the employees.
benefits
Cons
long commute
Fun place to work
Patient Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 19, 2016
I worked as a pre-k teacher. I put together the lesson plans for the daily function of my class. I assisted the students in any way, emphasizing independence at the same time. I held parent conferences. i trained the new employees and student teachers.
Pros
I loved working with the kids
Cons
pay
Good benefits
Medical Records Tech III (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 5, 2016
Must be able to multi-task and handle a full case-load. Work is not hard, but very demanding and all is of a time rush to get to chart for patient care. Great people to work with.
detailed orient, productive, good adaptability and flexibility.
Charge Entry Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 8, 2016
always keep busy at work, have learned a lot, always get my work on time, enjoy working in this company, love to learn new thing.
Fast paced
PSR SR. / Auth & Referral Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 24, 2016
Great place to work, great benefits, very fast paced. The team is great and welcoming. The doctors and clinics are very organized.
Productive place to work, can be depressing at times
Medical Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 4, 2015
A typical day is very busy and steady paced
I have learned many things dealing with oncology and hematology
Management has a slack in communication
The coworkers I have grown to know, most are professional and don't mind teaching you to help build your career.
The hardest part of the job is losing a patient, especially the ones you have built a relationship with.
Knowing that I am here and I am a part of helping someone other than myself. Someone that needs it more.
Pros
patients
Cons
compensation, break time
Admixture Technician II (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 24, 2016
Great Place to work decent pay. Holidays and weekends off eight to five job. Management is better than in may other places.
Pros
Great people to work with, great hours and benefit
Cons
No room for advancement
Collaborative group of people with the goal of helping patients navigate through difficult and often painful medical and surgical treatments.
Certified Tumor Registrar (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 15, 2016
This company truly has the patients best interest in mind during assessment and when selecting appropriate treatment for their often painful and bleak condition.
Noresponse
Patient service coordinator/ A/R Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 23, 2016
Choose not to comment at this time. The job it self was easy and quick to learn what is needed to know for the current position that i was in.