Texas Oncology

Texas Oncology Employee Reviews

Patients are the best
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Sherman, TXMay 14, 2015
Pros: Seeing patients smile even when life gets the best of them.
Cons: Dealing with death and learning we all will deal with it some point and time.
Intake up to 70 plus patients a day. Visit with each one of them and collect any information need for the Doctors. Add all collected information in to the patients file. Clean rooms and get ready for the next day. I learned life is to short to worry about the little things. You never know when it will be your time. I also learned a smile goes a long way when life gets you down. My co-workers were willing to help were every needed. I miss them dearly. My job was hard at times dealing with a deadly disease but it was also so rewarding.
Very productive work inviroment
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 16, 2015
Loved working with well knowledgeable co-workers, and patients. Very highly demandable job so always busy, which is something I enjoy doing. Typical day at work was answering 120 line phone and overhead paging doctors and routing calls to designated places. Processing patients payments. Delivering mail to doctors. Scheduling patients appointments for radiation and or chemo appointments.
Bad management and no advancement opportunities
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Plano, TXApril 8, 2015
The actual office I work in is a satellite office. The culture in this office is awesome. The doctor I work for is the most caring and empathetic doctor I have met. Unfortunately, there are no managers at this office but they seem to think they know how this office works. I do more work than any other medical assistant in this company. All extra work is ALWAYS given to me so my plate is very full. This company prefers to hire outside of the office for positions and has never promoted within the company. In the medical assistant position there is no advancement opportunities unless you go to nursing school. The raises are horrible and they are very stingy with the money they have allotted. Anytime something changes management does not explain to you what to do, they wait until you do something wrong then send you videos on how to do it. In this office the doctor is very partial to her clinical nurse and they are very buddy buddy with each other. This becomes a problem when the nurse lies and the doctor only believes what the nurse says. I have had no issues with this company except for the fact that they do discriminate against your age when it comes to promotions.
could be a great place to work with better management
Infusion Scheduler (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 17, 2015
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: the entire atmosphere
All employees are doing the work of 3 people, doctors have no care or concern for employees at all. management will yell scream and belittle you in front of other employees, patients, and coworkers.
Productive place to work
Receptionist/Volunteer (Current Employee), Arlington, TXMarch 9, 2015
Texas Oncology is a very productive and fun place to work. I get to interact with different patients with different back grounds. Since being here I learned a lot more about front office work. I would recommend this place to a job seeker.
Corporate Culture
Employee (Current Employee), DallasFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no diversity in top management
The corporate culture needs reassessing. Top management refuse to address and resolve serious issues such as ethics violations and poor leadership skills.
Texas Oncology is a great place to work.
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: free lunches were provided on fridays
Cons: n/a
Greeting patients, rooming them and taking vitals for their visit with the physician.
Everyone there was easy to work with
The hardest part of the job was knowing some patients were in very bad health.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting all the patients everyday.
Professional inviorment, Like Family
Insurance Specialist, Senior (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: professional enviornment - fast pace
Cons: heavy work load due to short staffing
Everyone helpful, accountability, honesty and very fast paced. Many projects with deadlines. High stress which for me is awesome. I really liked knowing at the end of the day, I had acheived my tasks, due to them being completed timely as well as productivity exceeded.
Productive place to work, can be depressing at times
Medical Assistant I (Former Employee), Arlington, TXFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: patients
Cons: compensation, break time
A typical day is very busy and steady paced
I have learned many things dealing with oncology and hematology
Management has a slack in communication
The coworkers I have grown to know, most are professional and don't mind teaching you to help build your career.
The hardest part of the job is losing a patient, especially the ones you have built a relationship with.
Knowing that I am here and I am a part of helping someone other than myself. Someone that needs it more.
Fast pace and sometimes hetic.
Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 19, 2015
Fill prescriptions, order and check in stock. Inventory. Enjoy working with my co workers but want to return to production control.
GOOD ATMOSPHERE
PATIENT ACCOUNT SPECIALIST 6 month contract only (Former Employee), Harlingen, TXJanuary 8, 2015
EASY JOB, OK PAY NO BENEIFTS FOR AR SPECIALIST ON CONTRACT.

MANAGEMENT IS GOOD, CO-WORKER ARE FUN TO WORK WITH.
Fun place to work, nice co-workers
Registered Nurse, Oncology (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 30, 2014
Pros: always a learning opportunity with the drug reps coming to show us new medications
Cons: often times we had short breaks.
A typical day includes administering chemotherapy to patients, monitoring their vital signs and signs and symptoms of infusion reaction. I would also teach them about the medication that they are about to receive if they have never had it before. I learned to be a better teacher and that different people have different ways of learning. Management was the best I've ever had in any job. My co-workers were nice and knowledgeable about their position. The hardest part of my job was when a patient would pass away. However the most enjoyable part was watching the patient "graduate" from chemo and they have an excellent prognosis.
very productive work environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Longview, TXSeptember 2, 2014
My days were always pleasant there, I learned how to accept challenges that I face in every day life, and to look at it as a blessing because there is always someone who is dealing with a lot more than me. The co-workers there were easy to get along with. The friendliness there is more than awesome.. Great experience for me.
When hired this office was focused but able to let lose when appropriate
AR Specialist II (Current Employee), Bedford TXAugust 13, 2014
Pros: good health benefits, 401k, has critical illness benefit available
Cons: turned from patient first to numbers first. appreciation of good workers no longer exists.
This company was patient oriented, with a focus on providing excellent patient service from all departments. They gave a feeling that all employees were necessary to the achievement of our goals. We were "cheered" on for personal achievements, and progress. Questions and ideas were applauded and sought from each person without bias or criticism. Recent changes in ownership have created a more stressed, impersonal, and "quantity vs quality" oriented atmosphere.There is more of a push to work the numbers any way possible, including at the expense of providing the same level of compassionate responsibilities to our patients. Our ideas and suggestions to improve functionality are no longer met with the desire to hear outside options. They tend to be "talked away" and not even listened to.
Managers are bad
hourly worker (Former Employee), Tyler, TXAugust 8, 2014
Pros: it was a job
Cons: ugly, ugly people including the management.
This company is a great company but the Managers are terrible. They are mean to their employees and one in particular like to make her employees cry and then she laughs about it to others.
The doctors are arrogant and you'd better be ready to jump...
You would think a health care place would be a great place to work but I've never worked around so many MEAN women!!!!
Helping and communicating with patient
Financial Counselor (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 28, 2014
My day at works start with me getting authorization, returning phones calls. Speaking with patient about their bill. My coworkers and I are teamplayers. The hardest part of my job would be talking with my patient and seeing that they are in pain and there is not much I can do about it. The most enjoyable part of my job would be seeing my patient smile.
very fun and nice well organized work place
Oncologist Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Mesquite TexasJuly 21, 2014
Pros: bens
I love working for this place the only thing was it was through a staffing agency and was not fulltime or perm.
Only for the Compassionate
Patient Financial Counselor (Former Employee), Bedford, TXJuly 18, 2014
This is a job where you have to have compassion for the cause. These are cancer patient's and you need to be delicate when encountering the patient and their families.
Pre Services Coordinator
Pre-Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Webster TXJune 24, 2014
 Develop interdisciplinary care plans and other case management tools, by participating in meetings, coordinating information and care requirements with other care providers.
 Evaluate outcomes of care with the interdisciplinary team by measuring intervention effectiveness with the team and implementing team recommendations.
 Insurance verification specialists, responsible for verifying patient insurance coverage, to ensure necessary procedures are covered by an individual’s provider. Communicate with various insurance companies, and possess extensive knowledge regarding the different types of coverage and policies.
 Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, participating in professional societies.
 Works with patients to explain coverage amounts provided by their insurance policy, so they can understand why some procedures may be covered, while others are not.
Enjoyed helping my patients
Patient Service Representative III (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 12, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping patients find assistance with chemotheraphy, radiation and transportation.

1 2 3

About Texas Oncology

McKesson moves medicine. As a top pharmaceuticals distributor in North America, McKesson delivers prescription and generic drugs, – Read more

Texas Oncology Salaries