Texas Oncology Employee Reviews

Great!
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJune 23, 2017
Great place to work for. The team I work with is wonderful! It is a very fast paced job. But, I really enjoy it. I also like working with Oncology patients.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
great patient population, supportive team. wonderful physicians
RN Senior (Current Employee) –  Bastrop, TXJune 18, 2017
chart work up prior to start of pt care.Patient lab draw,assessment then MD visit. patients are then started on treatment after review of orders,labs and plan of care. I inform patients of what I am doing,each step of the way. I educate them regarding medications,lab results for each visit; whether their inital treatment or subsequent treatments.
Throughout the day, I do telephone triage, return patient calls, plan for next day and coordinate with pharmacy staff. I also do prior authorizations for medications,clinical reviews for procedure authorizations.
Presby
Business Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 2, 2017
Management not familiar with operational process and failed to listen to train staff members performing the job for recommendations to make process better
Very fast paced, busy clinic environment for 3 doctors, 1 nurse practitioner and 4 medical assistants.
Sr RN (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 30, 2017
Unable to keep nurses in this clinic. There is no leadership. The clinic is driven by medical assistants with RN support as needed. The RN schedules and administers medications as needed, sets up some procedures, makes sure all radiation therapies requiring preauthorization are sent to the insurance people for authorization. All patient phone calls go to the nurse for symptom management, refill requests and leave requests. There is no supervision unless the doctors are unhappy. The supervisory person remains at the other downtown location. There is never any encouragement or positive feedback. The most difficult part of the job was constantly being the only RN. There were originally 3 but they could not keep nurses. A big part of the problem was poor communication and too much work for one person.
Pros
The staff is friendly and supportive of each other, the patients are wonderful people who appreciate the care they receive, and it is very rewarding to get a patient through treatment who is having difficulties.
Cons
No guidelines are given and expectations change frequently. 50+ hours weekly with salary, no overtime.
Amazing Staff
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXMay 22, 2017
The employees and Managers were very nice and respectful and very understanding. There were free food for employees at least twice a week. The doctors were extremly nice and easy to work for.
Pros
Good Doctors
Cons
No Cons
Busy Enviroment
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TX 77702May 19, 2017
Was a good learning experience. The staff were friendly. The management was stressed. Learned a lot of good working tools. Good work/life balance. Good benefits and pay.
Very interesting place to work
Patient Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Midland, TexasMay 15, 2017
From 8 to 5 it is constant work.
With all the patients coming in you have a lot of paperwork that needs to be in the right place at the right time.
Stress is always at a high level and very little room for making errors.
There is very little management and you are left to make decisions on your own.

It is a very interesting place to work because you meet all sorts of people dealing with a debilitating disease.
Pros
Learning about this disease
Cons
Poor management
Great people
Chief/CMD/Leadership Program (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMay 11, 2017
Great people to work with. Team work is encouraged and patient care is on the forefront. I enjoyed the advancements and appreciated the participation of being included in department decisions.
Great Place to Work
Research Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 10, 2017
Texas Oncology is a great company to work for. I would recommend anyone to apply for a position. When it comes to understanding, benefits, compensation, work/life balance...TxO is the place to work for!
Very nice place to work
Medical Assisting (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75203May 9, 2017
During my time at Texas Oncology I spent getting to know my patients and treating them with the up most respect and kindness I could give. I enjoyed working closely with infusion nurses and doctors. They were willing to provide me with so much knowledge I am grateful for that.
Benefits
Cons
Not enough coverage for pto request
a good place to work
Accounts/PET-CT Scheduler/Payment Posting (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 8, 2017
I have learned to meet deadlines on time which makes my job easier. Environment, we get along and try to help and work as a team. This makes our jobs easier we can help each other in any problem we might have.
Work with caring people
Infusion Room, Float Nurse (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 28, 2017
You can take great care of patients.
Doctors are very knowledgeable.
Employees are dedicated.
Hard to get everything done in one day sometimes.
I was encouraged to gain more knowledge.
very caring people, very little turn over
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXApril 24, 2017
I worked basically as a medical assistant to a doctor and nurse. I enjoy working with people and getting history.
hardest part of the job as any job is patients expiring.
Pros
free meals
Wonderful place to work.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXApril 19, 2017
I enjoy my job and the patients are amazing. Management is very caring. I only want to transfer within the company. The company helps with training of new drugs all the time. I really appreciate the members of my team.
Great place to work but had to move back to Brownsville
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Weslaco, TXApril 3, 2017
Amedisys home healthcare was a great place to work they are very helpful in teaching you. If you are unsure of your job they will take the time to teach and if you want to move up in the company they are more then welcome to assist you in it.
Pros
Love it .
Cons
Very busy
I was a volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 23, 2017
Volunteered for awhile at the Dallas location, was a nicer experience than expected. Liked the people I worked with, wasn't asked to do overly much but still felt helpful.
Pros
Nice work place, free food.
Excellent pay
Infusion Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 18, 2017
No room to excell,nurses our limited to knowledge except Oncology, no growth. Patients our wonderful but it's a scary job infusion those drugs. It's takes some time to getting use to not never really knowing the outcome of patient diagnoses and treatment.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No breaks, nor personal time M-F two busy, new management isn't aware of staff behaviors
Not bad
Patient Account Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 15, 2017
Texas Oncology like many other practices has it politics but you would never tell. The environment is pleasant. The expectations are with in reason and there is no pressure.
Cons
Low annual increases, & job advancement
Na
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 7, 2017
It was ok wouldn't like to ever go back to the Dallas location the nurses there have a problem with the color of your skin you can talk to whoever and nothing will be done about their behavior
Productive work place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXFebruary 25, 2017
I found working with cancer patients very rewarding. A typical day at work would be for me to come into the waiting area and make sure that I greeted everyone with a smile to make them feel important and cared for. Then, I would room them, take vitals and make sure that all medical records needed were waiting for the dr. On through my day I did chart prep for at least 2 day's out and then whatever else was needed such as call backs, etc.
The hardest part of my job was leaving.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
communication issues