Texas Physical Therapy Specialists

Texas Physical Therapy Specialists Employee Reviews

Enjoyable and Rewarding
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJuly 20, 2017
Wonderful culture and atmosphere. Friendly and outgoing coworkers. Fair compensation. Extended clinic hours allow for flexibility of schedules. Good cooperation and communication across clinicians and administrators.
Awesome service
Doctoral Physical Therapy Intern (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJune 27, 2017
I interned here during my DPT exit internship for 6 months. The work environment at the New Braunfels site is unmatched and remarkable. Education and work environment at that site was great and everyone worked together as a team. The company itself requires a lot of commitment, but if you are willing to put it in, it works out very well. They invest in you if you invest in them. Must have grit and adaptability as well as high emotional intelligence. Can be stressful but the clinic director is very compassionate and aware.
Amazing place to work
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXMay 3, 2017
I originally interned here for my final semester for my undergraduate degree. The people in this environment are so kind and genuine. Quality people and quality company! Highly recommend this job.
Poor environment
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXMarch 27, 2017
At first working for this company seemed amazing, after a few months into it I noticed changes especially in my clinic director. After learning I had to use PTO has sick days and after 3 days I could use my sick days didn't seem right, learning that certain patients weren't wanting to be seen by the therapist along with being told numerous things about the actions of certain employees just didn't seem right. Didn't feel appreciated as an employee and no matter what I did something was still my fault or the care coordinators fault. Being blamed for things out of my control as well as being talked at as if I were nothing.
A fun and learning experience
Physical Therapy Technician (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXAugust 16, 2016
Patients start coming in around 7:30. We have 4 therapists and each usually have 12 to 15 patients. Our job as a rehab tech is to teach the patients exercises and stretches which the therapist created. Management can be laid back, just do your job and everything will run smoothly. Co-workers are very vital here. You really need to communicate in order for everything to run smooth. The hardest part of the job is when one of techs call in sick or on vacation and you have to pick up the other patient load. The most enjoyable part is seeing the patient recover 100 percent. Just them saying "thank you for everything", is the best feeling in the world.
Pros
Awesome work environment, Pto, Flexible hours
Cons
Fast pace which can get crazy sometimes
Horrible.
N/A (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXAugust 3, 2016
The most Unethical, and unprofessional company I have ever worked for. Office manager micro manages you, and blames you for their own mistakes.
Cons
No breaks, low pay, unprofessional and unethical management.
Very low pay with no potential for advancement
PT technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 11, 2016
Working here as a PT tech is not what I expected, the pay is extremely low compared to what the clinic makes as a whole. And there is no advancement in this position. Most of the techs have a bachelors degree but are hired as unskilled workers with no real benefits. Honestly this position is ideal for high school students or college students with an interest in physical therapy. This is not a position for anyone other than that. There is a hierarchy here and it is very visible, as a result PT techs are not valued or treated fairly because we are easily replaceable.
Pros
Get to meet some amazing patients
Cons
Low pay, long hours, no advancement, negative work culture
patient care top priority
Physical Therapy Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 23, 2015
Overally, my experience with TexPTS was educational and beneficial. I gained invaluable experience and knowledge in working closely with the Therapists and patients in their rehab process.
Pros
helping patients achieve their goals
Cons
sometimes not staffed accordingly to patient flow
Great work environment. Always always looked forward to going to work with friends and patients.
Director of First Impressions-office manager (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXAugust 6, 2015
A typical day would start at 6:45am-4pm. I always looked forward to interacting with patients and the therapist I had the pleasure of calling not only co-workers, but friends. There were weekly meetings in which I would coordinate and outside work activities that encouraged team building. It was also nice to work towards monthly goals that consisted of evaluation numbers and overall clinical excellence score. Being apart of a growing business was fun and exciting because it still managed to have a small clinic feel in a growing, competitive world.
Pros
Pto, extended sick leave
Cons
Holidays were counted as PTO instead of being given as holidays.
Working in a P.T. Environment
Director of First Impressions (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXApril 7, 2015
Working with the physical therapists and the patients is wonderful. I Love their upbeat, positive attitude. On the other hand, the admin work is quite overwhelming. So many compliance measures that the admin staff need to keep on top of. We are constantly putting out fires. Whew! The hardest part of working at Texas PTS? Managing the day to day compliance aspect of office procedures to include auditing medicare charts on a weekly basis, entering all transactions, including charges, payments, and almost all data entry, in two different systems. Not chartless as of yet. However, we are still required to scan most of the chart into the system for our 3rd party biller to have access to all billing info. We are required to WRITE each and every copay on a log!? Even though we've entered the payments into both systems! Quite tedious indeed!
Pros
Working with patients; watching them progress with every visit
Cons
Loads of work in the administrative side, requiring us to constantly be on our toes; very stressful

Want to know more about Texas Physical Therapy Specialists?

Ask a question
Heavy emphasis on patient volume, fun work place
Staff Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXDecember 14, 2014
This company has a very high patient volume with a sacrifice in patient care. The company strives for a higher workload, however, provides the least in salary in the region with minimal increases in salary every 2 years. It is a good company for getting into management positions and potentially education.
Pros
Continuing Education
Cons
High volume
Great Place to Work
P.T Tech & Director of First Impressions (Former Employee) –  Pamer Ln in Austin, TXAugust 13, 2013
I worked for TexPTS for 6 months, while in transition to California. The company has great values and always puts the patients first. My clinic manager always had time for his employees and always found ways to encourage us to better ourselves and learn more to further our career with TexPTS.
Awesome place to work! Owners and Management of the best!
Director of First Impressions (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 5, 2013
Responsible for all administrative operations at a vibrant outpatient physical therapy clinic and employment testing facility including maintaining patient information and records, maintaining clinic schedule, managing insurance authorizations, processing new patient referrals, data entry, maintaining communication with physicians’ offices and employment testing clients, and generally providing first-rate customer service to all internal and external customers including physical therapy patients and employment testing candidates
Learning and enriching environment.
Office Manager/HR/Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 10, 2013
It was very fulfilling to work with patients everyday and create relationships over their treatment. I became invested and hopeful in each person's recovery and really enjoyed getting to know them all.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texas Physical Therapy Specialists. Our community is ready to answer.

Texas Physical Therapy Specialists Reviews by Location