Texas Physical Therapy Specialists Employee Reviews in United States

Very low pay with no potential for advancement
PT technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 11, 2016
Working here as a PT tech is not what I expected, the pay is extremely low compared to what the clinic makes as a whole. And there is no advancement in this position. Most of the techs have a bachelors degree but are hired as unskilled workers with no real benefits. Honestly this position is ideal for high school students or college students with an interest in physical therapy. This is not a position for anyone other than that. There is a hierarchy here and it is very visible, as a result PT techs are not valued or treated fairly because we are easily replaceable.
Pros
Get to meet some amazing patients
Cons
Low pay, long hours, no advancement, negative work culture
Great work environment. Always always looked forward to going to work with friends and patients.
Director of First Impressions-office manager (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXAugust 6, 2015
A typical day would start at 6:45am-4pm. I always looked forward to interacting with patients and the therapist I had the pleasure of calling not only co-workers, but friends. There were weekly meetings in which I would coordinate and outside work activities that encouraged team building. It was also nice to work towards monthly goals that consisted of evaluation numbers and overall clinical excellence score. Being apart of a growing business was fun and exciting because it still managed to have a small clinic feel in a growing, competitive world.
Pros
PTO, extended sick leave
Cons
Holidays were counted as PTO instead of being given as holidays.
Heavy emphasis on patient volume, fun work place
Staff Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXDecember 14, 2014
This company has a very high patient volume with a sacrifice in patient care. The company strives for a higher workload, however, provides the least in salary in the region with minimal increases in salary every 2 years. It is a good company for getting into management positions and potentially education.
Pros
continuing education
Cons
high volume
patient care top priority
Physical Therapy Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 23, 2015
Overally, my experience with TexPTS was educational and beneficial. I gained invaluable experience and knowledge in working closely with the Therapists and patients in their rehab process.
Pros
helping patients achieve their goals
Cons
sometimes not staffed accordingly to patient flow
Working in a P.T. Environment
Director of First Impressions (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXApril 7, 2015
Working with the physical therapists and the patients is wonderful. I Love their upbeat, positive attitude. On the other hand, the admin work is quite overwhelming. So many compliance measures that the admin staff need to keep on top of. We are constantly putting out fires. Whew! The hardest part of working at Texas PTS? Managing the day to day compliance aspect of office procedures to include auditing medicare charts on a weekly basis, entering all transactions, including charges, payments, and almost all data entry, in two different systems. Not chartless as of yet. However, we are still required to scan most of the chart into the system for our 3rd party biller to have access to all billing info. We are required to WRITE each and every copay on a log!? Even though we've entered the payments into both systems! Quite tedious indeed!
Pros
Working with patients; watching them progress with every visit
Cons
Loads of work in the administrative side, requiring us to constantly be on our toes; very stressful
Great Place to Work
P.T Tech & Director of First Impressions (Former Employee) –  Pamer Ln in Austin, TXAugust 13, 2013
I worked for TexPTS for 6 months, while in transition to California. The company has great values and always puts the patients first. My clinic manager always had time for his employees and always found ways to encourage us to better ourselves and learn more to further our career with TexPTS.
Learning and enriching environment.
Office Manager/HR/Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 10, 2013
It was very fulfilling to work with patients everyday and create relationships over their treatment. I became invested and hopeful in each person's recovery and really enjoyed getting to know them all.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texas Physical Therapy Specialists. Our community is ready to answer.