Texas Roadhouse

Texas Roadhouse Employee Reviews

fun. but overwhelming and stressful
Hostess (Former Employee), victoria, txJuly 24, 2015
Cons: you'll be lucky to get breaks, and no secure feeling, the benefits suck
a typical day would be rather easygoing if it wasn't busy or if the host stand wasn't taken over by the shift manager or the LAD, the host and server positions were by far the worst positions. The GM of the whole restaurant never helps if you need help, basically the one below the GM does. expect to roll silverware for more than 7 hours straight. DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA everyday.
Interesting and good entry level job
Hostess (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Good hours, lunch break, and advancement opportunities
Cons: Hostile coworkers, turns into politics on who gets what position that day
A typical day at work would consist of finding out your position for the day. They assign 5 different kinds of positions per day. The main one is hosting where you greet customers and guide them to their tables. The second one you learn is called updating which is where you put new plates on clean tables and go up to one of the two boards with a mechanical pen that changes the light colors on the boards and turn the light for that table green. All of these boards are synced up to each other so the hostesses in the front know what tables are ready to give to customers. Two other positions are called large-party and small-party. One person talks to the people with a party that consists of 4 or less people. The other person talks to the parties with 5 or more people. The large-party person has a headset where they can talk to the managers about planning those parties. The last position you learn is called to-go orders. You answer phone calls and take down the customers order. In the back where the kitchen is you put the food, rolls, and silverware into a bag and take it up front. This job requires you to know the menu and handle money unlike all the rest of the positions.
Whichever position you are assigned dictates the type of work you are doing that day. There is no set schedule during the week for who is put on what, but no matter what position you have you still have to do cleaning or restocking before you go home.
Here the main skills I learned were to handle money and customers.
Management here do their job nicely. Most become close friends with some of their employees – more... which leads to picking favorites, which isn't the bast thing but all of do their job and make sure everything is running smoothly.
In my experience, doesn't mean it's going to be other peoples, the job assigning become an argument between people. The people I worked with most of the time didn't work well with some of the other people there. I ended up getting harassed in text messages from the people i worked with.The co-workers ended up being the only reason I left this place.
The hardest part of this job is dealing with small-parties because there are so many of them and you have to give them an estimated time and if it happens it goes past that time people get upset.
The most enjoyable part of this job was the variety of things that you could be doing. Everyday ends up being a new surprise, never knowing what you're going to get. In turn, its hard to get tired of the job. – less
High paced work environment where teamwork is a must.
Server/Bartender (Current Employee), Taylor, MiJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Discounts on food
Cons: Does not offer a living wadge for servers.
A Typical day at Texas Roadhouse of Taylor, Mi is a very busy place to work. I have learned allot about teamwork and how to handle stress in a high paced work environment. I have also learned allot about leadership roles, I shift lead almost every shift I work. The management there are very attentive, prompt and by the book. The hardest part about my job is not getting paid a living wadge working for tips. The most enjoyable part of my job is the food!
Great people Great place
Trainer (Former Employee), Willoughby, OHJuly 21, 2015
Great place to get your foot in the door in the culinary field. Hard working conditions and break times were limited. Decent compensation
Great Place to Work
Server (Current Employee), Lawton, OKJuly 20, 2015
I enjoy working at Roadhouse. The environment is great, and the managers really care. It is a typical serving job, but you get to have a ton more fun and really enjoy your work. I feel almost spoiled, because they really take care of their employees. It makes all the negative aspects of working in the food industry.
its was a ok work place
Back of House Team Member (Former Employee), Durham, NCJuly 19, 2015
Pros: got to eat 50 percent discount
Cons: 30 min lunch
I was working in the back of the house making salads we had fun in the back sometime but i don't think i like working in a restraint all that good i just wonted to work there and see if that's what i wont to do but the over time was ok just more into warehouse
A great starting job for someone who wants to learn about the restaurant business.
Server (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJuly 18, 2015
After years of experience in service industry i grew bored with Roadhouse's small sections and strict demands. I was not able to earn enough money off of the clientele and slow business to support myself and so i moved on to bigger and better. The corporate mindset of Roadhouse is amazing and so is their training, but the management at my location was a nightmare.
Fun workplace with great management
Server/Waiter (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Great tippers
Cons: Very poor tippers
- A typical day at work consists of serving customers until closing time followed by completing previously assigned back work
- Great time management and customer service skills, as well as leadership skills
- Some co workers are great and hard workers, others are lazy and struggle to complete their job duties
- The most difficult part of the job is coping with many different customers in a work day, busy double shifts, dealing with bad tippers, and coping with all co workers
- The most enjoyable part of the job is working with other hard working employees, taking care of well behaved and fun customers, meeting so many new people in a single shift
Fun place to work
Server (Former Employee), Kennewick WAJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Great money
Cons: no befites
Texas Roadhouse was a fun place to work. It needs to offer more room for employees to grow with in the company. The company offers a great verity of fresh food that I was honored to serve to my guest. The corporate needs to get more involved in taring management on how to address any problems that may occur in a positive manner. Over all I enjoyed my time there and now need a company that allows me to grow and had benefits.
Productive and exiting work environment
Line Cook, Service Assistant, Dish Washer (Former Employee), Greenville, NCJuly 14, 2015
Pros: fun work environment
Cons: late hours and smelling like grease
A typical day would involve me arriving 3 hrs prior to opening to set the cook line, start the fryers and stock each station. prep shrimp and salmon. I learned how to keep a level head in a chaotic work environment where quickness was expected to have no effect on quality and it didn't. Working in a restaurant creates experiences with some of the most friendly people in the world. Everyone has to come together and work as a team no matter what the job is in order for the restaurant to function properly. I believe that is true of any business. the hardest part of my job would be the cleaning done at closing time every day just because we would service a high volume of people. The most enjoyable part of this job would be creating relationships with my coworkers.
fun
Waitress (Current Employee), Tempe, AZJuly 14, 2015
Its really a great job to have very competitive but fun and up beat. They definitely train in legendary food and legendary service
Fun work environment
Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Clarksville, INJuly 14, 2015
Pros: fun and friendly staff, managment is very helpful
Cons: work alot of nights
-Make sure each staff member is at work and on time
-Learned how to handle issues professionally
-Management is reliable and helpful
-Everyone works as a team
fun working enviornment
prep cook dishwasher misc. other jobs (Former Employee), Port Huron, MIJuly 12, 2015
Pros: 30% off free bread salads and peanuts
Cons: short breaks no eating other foods and employees are let go to easily
fast paced fun working environment with friendly employees and fun managers advancement is tough but can be attainable
Summary of Texas Roadhouse
Trainer/Server (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Making money, customer service skills, experiences, meeting new people
Cons: long hours, no breaks, loud noise, fast paced
A very fast paced environment which requires you to be quick and on your feet at all times. It teaches each individual how to work around loud noise whether it's from the guests, the cooks, servers, hosts, managers, really any one inside of the restaurant. I learned great customer service skills, problem-solving skills as well as overcoming fears. Texas Roadhouse taught me how to approach every situation in a respectable and professional manner whether you're right or in the wrong. Having guests return because of great service provided made an impact on myself as well as the managers. Given opportunities to train new members and teach them how to succeed in the fast paced environment taught me how to be responsible for not only myself but for continuing great service among others. I created friendships, life changing experiences and so many memories that I will never forget. This was a great opportunity and I look forward to creating and experiencing something new. .
Great for beginners
Lead Server (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Great place to start, Decent Pay, Excellent Culture
Cons: Strong Corporate Governance, weekend work
This is an awesome place to get started. Whether you are pursuing an academic career or in search of a nw opportunity, Texas Roadhouse will welcome you with open arms.

This position offered me a solid foundation for my customer service and salesmanship. I was given adequate training and solid direction from leadership to position myself to make some decent cash.

Most difficult part of this job is the corporate culture. In many cases you are faced with the "that's just the way we do things" line. There is not much flexibility in regard to what is expected of employees. It can be difficult to see one's value with the high turnover.
A good place to start as a first job
Server/Hostess (Current Employee), Laredo, TXJuly 9, 2015
Pros: hours, management
Cons: healthcare, salary
A typical day at Texas Roadhouse would be guests coming in and enjoying our service. I learned that everybody is different when it comes to food taste. My co-workers are great they know how to have fun even when its a really stressful day. The hardest part of the job is when the guest starts acting rough on the server and they can't do anything about it. The thing that I like the most is how everybody treats each other, we are basically a family there.
Great leadership and treatment of employees
Server (Current Employee), Columbia MOJuly 9, 2015
Great company that hires great people. Unfortunately low salary which makes it better for a part time job for students.
Simple and basic work
Dish Washer/ Food Prep (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OklahomaJuly 8, 2015
Easy job, basic work, not to physically demanding, and good co workers. The easiest part was working in the morning. I learned to prep food and learned to work with all kinds of people.
Productive and Fun Work Place
Hostess & Trainer (Current Employee), East Meadow, NYJuly 7, 2015
A day spent working at Texas Roadhouse is a great day. Throughout my years at Texas Roadhouse I have learned many things about customer service and making people happy. I have learned many important life skills throughout my time at Texas Roadhouse and hope to learn more along the way.
Always something new and exiting happening everyday
Busser/Server (Former Employee), Fairfield, CAJuly 7, 2015
Pros: free $10.00 meals if worked over 4 hours
Cons: sweeping up the peanuts off the ground, throwing out the 160 pound trash cans at the end of the night
This place was one of the top jobs i worked for that i find exiting, and i saved lives in the past as a lifeguard. i would see myself in a job place like this one in the future

1 2 3 4 5

About Texas Roadhouse

Texas Roadhouse is a chain restaurant that specializes in steaks and promotes a western theme. Texas Roadhouse Corporation is – Read more

Texas Roadhouse Salaries