Texas Roadhouse Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
trainer (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 20, 2017
The overall culture of the company was great! Plenty of room for advancement. Great teamwork. Fun with the line dancing. Management has open door policy.
Pros
Culture, great money, breaks
Cons
Dancing
You become a family member and not just a worker
Server (Current Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IANovember 19, 2017
It's one of the best places I have worked at. Everyone treats each other like family and the owner makes sure his staff is taking care of. Plus the tips you make beats any other restaurant. Everyone works together even during the most stressful hours and it's always upbeat with someone cracking a joke or doing something silly to make the night go by fast.
Pros
You make your schedule, awesome discount
Cons
Working late nights
Friendly and fast paced work enviorment
Hostess/To-go (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 18, 2017
I have presentable work attire on, clock in on time and prep the host stand. I greet guest and take them to their table when hostessing. When I am working To-go I answer the phones, pack the orders, and cash customers out. I have learned to provide great customer service. Management is corporative and tries to accommodate staff accordingly. People are very friendly and work together to make the shift smoother. Hardest part of my job is trying to accommodate all of the customers that come in and keep them happy. Most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people everyday.
Pros
discounted meals
Cons
lack of hours
Fast-paced
Baker (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNNovember 18, 2017
As a baker, you would have to come in earlier than others to start the prepping of the dough and mixing . You could cut croutons, bake brownies and bake the rolls as well.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
good starting job
Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portage, MINovember 17, 2017
Server Assistant was my first job ever and it was a trip. For the most part the work environment was great, the coworkers were fine.
I left due to poor management and i was refused to be promoted to server. if you apply for a certain job, dont expect to be able to move around to a different job title.
Pros
30% food discount.
Cons
poor managment
Do not wish to work there again
HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXNovember 17, 2017
Working at Texas Roadhouse was always busy and mostly stressful. It was my first restaurant job but I enjoyed the restaurant vibe. However, there was another associate there who made inappropriate remarks to me. I brought it to my managers attention but nothing was done about it and the harassment continued so I quit working there to work at Cracker Barrel.
Great Place to work
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALNovember 17, 2017
This is place where passionate people work hard and have fun doing it. When you become a part of Texas Roadhouse you become a member of a team who has your best interest in heart just as well as the interest of their guests.
Pros
Food discount
Cons
Long Weekends
Unsteady Pay
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXNovember 17, 2017
Everyday of working there was a gamble. Some days were good on pay and others the place was dead so there would not be much of pay. If you're great with customers, why not?
Overall a good enviroment & good food
Host (Current Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MONovember 17, 2017
A typical day at TRH is stressful at times. Sometimes we are really busy and others we are super slow. I like most of the people I work with. We receive 30% off of our meals. We love our guests and make them feel very welcomed. I've learned to cope under lots of stress and work when flustered.
great atmopshere
Server/ Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VANovember 17, 2017
The atmosphere is very quick paced and fun for young college students. The managers are understanding and try to help whenever they can. I highly suggest it!
Pros
Fun staff
Cons
poor hours

Want to know more about Texas Roadhouse?

Ask a question
Fun, easy, dramatic
Expo/Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WINovember 17, 2017
This was my job in high school leading up to college, it was like one of the best well paid jobs you could get when you were in high school. Yes, there was a lot of drama but the food you made for people was worth it. I got my hand into doing a few different things in the kitchen and out of the kitchen. I had a good manager that kept me in check and helped me along in doing the best that I could. Being able to get out of one position and move into the next was one of the most rewarding and valuable things I did for myself there.
Pros
Discounts on meals, fun atmosphere, good pay
Cons
Drama, get dirty fast
Great place
Corporate Trainer (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLNovember 16, 2017
fun and fast paced environment, you meet a lot of great people. Mangers are good and understanding, coworkers are helpful and they make you feel like part of a family.
Family oreinted & cut throat
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 16, 2017
Management was amazing, i learned how to train other employees as well as open and close the restaurant. The hardest part was dinner rush, but the most enjoyable part is that all the managers and employees care about eachother and are always having fun.
fun but fast paced work place
Server (Current Employee) –  Florida City, FL 33034November 16, 2017
it is a very fun place to work at you need to be very fast paced and need to be well equipped to work at this restaurant . you would need to be on top of everything and everyone else's duties.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
no breaks, high sales, upsell everything
Terrible Managers
Host (Current Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNNovember 16, 2017
The only problems that occur in the workplace there are from mishaps with the assisting managers. I should note that the leading manager; however, does an excellent job.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
They tell you when to go on break (always just 1-3hours after your shift started), Terrible Managers
Starting job
Kitchen Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INNovember 16, 2017
This was a good job for getting into the workforce. I washed dishes and helped the kitchen manager with whatever he wanted. I cleaned and set up the kitchen depending on the shift.
Awesome
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, IN 46142November 15, 2017
Very family feel with all workers. Super friendly and awesome management. Lots of fun activities provided by management. Very good with working with when you are available to work. One of my favorite places I have worked.
laid back enviornment;throw peanuts on the ground
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDNovember 14, 2017
texas was a great place to work at , they were very chill and laid back as long as when it was time to get busy you were on your A game! they had great , cheap food and everyone loves to go there.
Pros
4-6 early dine
Cons
on week days they open at 4 pm
Fast paced restaurant
Service Trainer (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYNovember 14, 2017
There are great trainers and mangers that will answer any questions, and expect you to work very hard and support the team you are a member of. You work for tips, so the harder you push the better your return.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Nights and weekends
Decent place
Server / Expediter (Former Employee) –  Bridgeville, PANovember 14, 2017
As a server I did enjoy my time working at the Texas Roadhouse. The managers and employees were great to work with and as long as you did everything correctly it was a good experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texas Roadhouse. Our community is ready to answer.