Texas Roadhouse Employee Reviews

Found 1,687 reviews matching the search
Fast Paced Enviorment very repetitive
Server Assistant and Server (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHOctober 31, 2016
The typical day was about six hours long, you would clock in and do your side work such as filling ice bins, sweeping, or running food to tables. Once sat you would continue side work while serving the tables with a similar script covering the same basis. I learned to be personable, patient and how to handle multiple tasks at a time. I really enjoyed all of my coworkers we kept a friendly atmosphere and really made it feel like a family. Management was good but they could have pushed the mass of the employees to work harder. The hardest part of the job would have been the cleaning of toilets and other peoples slop. The most enjoyable part would be the fact that the better you serve the better you get paid.
Pros
Occasionally Free Food, Friendly Atmosphere
Cons
Never 40 Hours, No Benefits
Its confusing
Point person (Former Employee) –  North Plainfield, NJOctober 19, 2016
Loved the people but management were barely on the same page. Most of management would bail on our KM. Alot of promises weren't kept or matched here. I put a future into this company and sacrificed self respect to be able to progress but at the end just left sicken of how i allowed a company to make due of me. The location is known through the towns around that "If you complain your meal will be compensated". Its gotten so bad sometimes drinks are comp'd and servers are left leaving with 20 after a 6 hour/8 shift. It hurts knowing i use to be a server.
Pros
My co-workers, opening at 4pm and the kitchen manager.
Cons
no breaks really unless your FOH BOH Team has your back, if you get a raise you have to wait two month or more for it to be effective.
Great coworkers and good communication
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Vestal, NYJuly 20, 2016
Typical workday goes by quick. Always help if you need it.
Friendly coworkers that are very informative.
Management is also friendly, caring and helpful. They almost feel like family.
Best part of the job is that it feels like you're not working. Always with a coworker and you can converse as you work without hindering your progress.
Hardest part so far is getting a work review for a raise. Practically gotta beg for it, continuously.
Pros
You get fed when you work hard. On the house food options.
Cons
Getting a raise here is the most difficult of places I've worked.
Manager sexually harassed my sister and underage girls
Expo (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZSeptember 8, 2016
Worked hard to the bone and barely given time off for a family members funeral. if you work hard you may find a promotion or a dime raise but you have to ask it will never be given. management has literally thrown plates and cussed me out. A manager was sexually harassing a lot of underage girls but refused to give an apology because that would be an admittance of guilt.
Pros
Kind coworkers
Cons
terrible management
Overall great place to work
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PADecember 1, 2016
Fun atmosphere and great people. You have great opportunities to grow within the company. If you enjoy having fun at the work place and don't mind working long shifts, working at Texas Roadhouse is for you. The salary offered there is very good and hard work ethic is rapidly rewarded
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Easy work, questionable management, and excellent co-workers
Server's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJuly 10, 2016
The work was easy enough but the management (being a new store) lacked many leadership qualities thus generating a toxic environment on busy work days. The co-workers were great and I learned a lot from them and the job itself, such how to function properly in a work environment and engaging positively within social situations. The hardest part of the job was the excessive aggression often displayed by superiors. The most enjoyable part was working with great people.
Pros
30% Discount, free bread, free drinks, a smoke break
Cons
No food breaks, no raises, below adequate pay
Last job I plan on ever having
Service Manager/Kitchen manager (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDDecember 24, 2016
going on 7 years, great work environment, by far best steakhouse in town. Great culture. great employees, Texas roadhouse is fun. great food, service and treats all employees like family. Only your own ability and drive will hold you back from excelling. Lost of advancement opportunities.
Pros
pay, culture. benefits
Intense and fun, but can be frustrating at times.
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Norton Shores, MIOctober 28, 2016
Most work days start off slow, with plenty of prep work to do. It usually doesn't get busy until the evening. During busy hours, work can get a little chaotic. Lots of tickets will come in, and it can be difficult to listen to people calling out orders. All in all, it is just a typical restaurant. At first it can be difficult, but as long as you can work fast, and constantly clean, then it should be somewhat easier. The managers are laid back, but get the job done. They won't get upset if something is not by the book perfect, but if you end up messing up, they'll help teach you how to fix it. The variety of co- workers makes the place interesting. All of the co-workers won't hesitate to come over and help. Everyone has to work as a team or else the restaurant will fall into chaos. The hardest part of the job is the chaos at the dinner rush, and tolerating the co-workers and customers that snap or come off as rude. The best part of the job is the co-workers. It's fun to meet new people, and make new work-friends.
Pros
Unlimited salads, and rolls, tons of hours if needed, and employee benefits.
Cons
Chaotic work, managers can mess up on scheduling, and co-workers can be unreliable at times.
Fast paced fun environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXSeptember 5, 2016
I loved working there, management was just a drag. The managers had trouble running the business. Some of the employees were rude. The whole place was filled with rumors. The hardest part of the job was working with intolerable people. The best part of the job were the guests. I met a lot of great people bar tending for the company.
Pros
30% discounts when you eat there
Cons
Drama filled environment. No benefits.
This was one of the best jobs to have
Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYSeptember 10, 2016
This was an amazing job the managers really care about their employees. The pay is really low but everything else including the benefits and the parties management have are the best part of the job. There aren't that many people who would put in this much work for their employees
Pros
The management actually cares about you
Cons
pay is low
A sinking ship
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARAugust 22, 2016
There is no chance of advancement unless you are willing to kiss up to the management. I have been employed for two years and is yet to receive a raise or health benefits. Back of house workers are overworked with no breaks during shift. There is no balance for work and personal life.
Cons
No breaks or chance for advancement
Just. Awful.
Host and Servers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILMay 1, 2016
I worked here for 7 months as a host/sa, which may sound short but I can assure you it isnt. The turn over rate here was insane, and with good reason. Understaffed, understocked, and treated with little respect. Hours were long, schedule was always late, and management was often rude to say the least. No room for moving up here either. Multiple people were lied to about pay raises. Pay was ok, but nothing to brag about.

I learned a lot about how the world works and how bosses suck, but the ones here seem to really take the cake. I was disrespected daily, as we're my coworkers. Human decency isn't something that apparently exists here. I would never go back.
Pros
Free food, i got to boss people around
Cons
Lazy coworkers, high turnover, bad ownership
Hard-working and friendly staff
Server (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAOctober 23, 2016
Hours are very long and staff was almost always short. Well-managed with strictly enforced rules. Training was quite extensive. Employees are held to very high standards. Compensation was standard rate for a server. Staff is very close and friendly, save for the managers who operated in a "clique" of sorts.
The people surrounding you made it worth it, but the management was not willing to work with you.
Server (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 4, 2016
I have been at TXRH for a year, but I very quickly became disappointed. Our turnovers were very high. Those servers who were working volumes were continuously sat very late at night, even though the closers did not have tables. Sometimes, volumes would not receive breaks because they were not structured well. The managers would not work with our schedules. I requested time off for a weekend 3 months in advance, yet I did not receive my RTO. The managing partner was rude, and demeaning.
I learned about customer service, I enjoyed my time with my coworkers and the clientele. It was very fun place to work, nonetheless.
Pros
fun coworkers, big food discount, compensation
Cons
poor management, no outside life
fun workplace, very busy
Server (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHAugust 29, 2016
It was a fun place to work at, you meet plenty of individuals with different goals. Mostly college kids. Managers do not give you a lot of information about other benefits nor give you a chance to step up and take charge when you think you could be promoted. Overall its a very happy and healthy workplace and my time there was definitely a memory I wont forget/.
Worked here for 2 years great place to work for
Server (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TN 37924December 16, 2016
Love working with customers and people employed at TXRH are very kind people everyone helps each other out. Like a family not a job
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
not very good benifits
fun
local store marketer (Current Employee) –  Ontario, OHOctober 7, 2016
fun easy going place awesome food awesome people. can pick up and release shifts with ease good pay and benefits. very understanding management when it comes to call offs.
Fun work place environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  North Wales, PAJanuary 1, 2017
A typical day at work was long and hard, bringing guests to their tables, setting up tables, signing guests into the restaurant, and etc. But through all that I learned how to really manage guests and deal with them in a professional manner. Management was solid, they ensured everything was in shape from smudges on the windows to customer contentment. My coworkers and I became very close and are family still rather coworkers. The hardest part of the job was signing customers in and placing to-go orders. I had to ensure everything was correct and accomidate for those that might not have been. The best part of the job was seating and signing in the funny guests and loyal customers.
Pros
Discounts, close knit coworkers
Cons
Long hours but short breaks
is a great company
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Corona, CASeptember 23, 2016
Is a great, fun, awesome company.... I am very proud of this company, is the best and like we said I LOVE MY JOB!!! We are the #1 company in all the nation and #1 in the wall street...i recomende this company for everybody
Pros
full benefits
Cons
no many locations in the south of californua
Get what you put into it.
Server\ Server Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milford, OHJune 25, 2016
great job all around but like most service industry jobs you make your own money and they pay your taxes. Management is decent and there is opportunity for advancement if you want to take a pay cut for a few years. No benefits unless youre full time but they limit your hours so you cant get benefits.
Pros
Free salads, drinks and rolls.
Cons
hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texas Roadhouse. Our community is ready to answer.