Texas State Bank Employee Reviews

Company was sold
Trust Department / Client Property Manager (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXNovember 20, 2017
Texas State Bank was bought by BBVA / Compass Bank and is no longer in business. With that said, management was all about business - if it didn't benefit them, they didn't care. Was very glad to leave there.
Fun and productive!
Vault Teller, New Accounts, Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXSeptember 3, 2017
During the time I worked for the institution it was productive, fun, and a great place to work for. You work with the community and get to meet and people.
Always greeting customers with a smile as they entered bank.
Adm. Asst/New Accounts Rep./Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJuly 6, 2017
Working at the back was a slow, but stressful job due to the amount of money dealing with. Management was always involved to assist tellers, loan processors, secretaries for balancing boxes at all times. The work place was a very professional atmosphere as well as a fun place to work at. The hardest job was ensuring all staff on time and present on weekends. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new items and ensuring customers,staff and managers where happy with customer service given by me.
Pros
Free Checking/Savings/Checkbooks
Cons
Dealing with dirty money.
Bank is no longer in existance
EVP & Special Assets Division Manager (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJune 29, 2017
The bank was a very high performance customer oriented banking company. Management was excellent and knowledgeable. Bank was a fast growing company via acquisitions.
Pros
High Performance
Cons
Became very political among executive mangement
teller
Commercial Teller (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXApril 2, 2017
Very busy days at this bank.I really enjoyed working here and handling money. The hardest part was big deposits that have all kinds of currency. The most enjoyable part was all the people i met there,
Pros
learning experience
Cons
wages
Laid back stress free.
Items Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXNovember 1, 2016
I worked in the items processing department, data entry mostly, and it was extremely laid back. We processed thousands of check transaction.
A lot of free time at this job
TELLER (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXFebruary 16, 2016
The thing I enjoyed most about this job was that I got to know the customers and looked forward to seeing and speaking to them when they came in. Many customers would ask for me or wait for me if I was with another customer because they wanted me to wait on them.
Pros
Management did not mind if we brought our homework to work on during slow times, there were multiple students working there.
Cons
Not much room for advancement regardless of what I was told when I was hired, Promotions were generally given by seniority.
Great place to work with easy to get along with coworkers
Part-Time Teller (Former Employee) –  Center, TxJuly 15, 2015
Working at the bank gave me great experience. My work days were typically easy, depending on what time of the month is was. I had great coworkers, and nice customers for the most part. My job as a teller was generally easy, with not many difficult tasks. The management was above average. They were understanding and very good at their jobs. If it weren't for the circumstances i was in, I would have stayed at this job. It was easily the best job i could have ever been employed at.
Great Job
Administrative Officer, Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXSeptember 29, 2014
It was a great job to start after college. I out grew and no room for advancement.
Pros
pay
fun workplace
Branch Associate (Former Employee) –  Penitas, TXJanuary 29, 2014
fun workplace but no longer exists. This bank was bought off by BBVA and merged into what is now the most hated bank locally...BBVA Compass.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no cons
satisfied
Teller (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXDecember 20, 2013
pay was good, must have much personal discipline in controlling impulses and pleasing others as you deal with customers.
Very quiet place
Records Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mission, TxOctober 9, 2013
Good invironment,we always worked as a team.We would also have monthly birthday breakfast.
Very fun place to work with high community values
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJune 21, 2013
When Texas State Bank was still in business, it was the best place to work, great place to advance
Cons
Bought out by BBVA Compass
Enjoyable place to work
Data Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXMay 2, 2013
I learned many things from Texas State Bank. working on the back side of a bank was very interesting learning all the steps to how a bank functions from when the customer makes a deposit to what it goes through. I never had any problems with my co-workers they were all great and I can get along with anyone, they will forever be my friends. The hardest part of my job would be when a system or server would go down and it would delay processing but it was never bad. I enjoyed TSB very much it was a great experience had I not moved I probably would have been there many more years.
Pros
Great work hours
Cons
Paper cuts
Poor company to work for
Teller (Former Employee) –  San angelo, TexasApril 13, 2013
Management does not care about employees. The pay is very low. Not a very happy work environment.
I enjoy working at Texas State Bank
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, txApril 1, 2013
I have worked for texas Bank going on 10 years. The years that I have been here they have been good to me.
Pros
insurance vacation
Cons
lack of pay
Good place to work in.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXApril 3, 2012
I loved it there. I am very family oriented and the job let me spend more time with them.