Texas State Bank Employee Reviews in United States

A lot of free time at this job
TELLER (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXFebruary 16, 2016
The thing I enjoyed most about this job was that I got to know the customers and looked forward to seeing and speaking to them when they came in. Many customers would ask for me or wait for me if I was with another customer because they wanted me to wait on them.
Pros
Management did not mind if we brought our homework to work on during slow times, there were multiple students working there.
Cons
Not much room for advancement regardless of what I was told when I was hired, Promotions were generally given by seniority.
Great place to work with easy to get along with coworkers
Part-Time Teller (Former Employee) –  Center, TxJuly 15, 2015
Working at the bank gave me great experience. My work days were typically easy, depending on what time of the month is was. I had great coworkers, and nice customers for the most part. My job as a teller was generally easy, with not many difficult tasks. The management was above average. They were understanding and very good at their jobs. If it weren't for the circumstances i was in, I would have stayed at this job. It was easily the best job i could have ever been employed at.
Great Job
Administrative Officer, Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXSeptember 29, 2014
It was a great job to start after college. I out grew and no room for advancement.
Pros
pay
Cons
location
Enjoyable place to work
Data Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXMay 2, 2013
I learned many things from Texas State Bank. working on the back side of a bank was very interesting learning all the steps to how a bank functions from when the customer makes a deposit to what it goes through. I never had any problems with my co-workers they were all great and I can get along with anyone, they will forever be my friends. The hardest part of my job would be when a system or server would go down and it would delay processing but it was never bad. I enjoyed TSB very much it was a great experience had I not moved I probably would have been there many more years.
Pros
great work hours
Cons
paper cuts
fun workplace
Branch Associate (Former Employee) –  Penitas, TXJanuary 29, 2014
fun workplace but no longer exists. This bank was bought off by BBVA and merged into what is now the most hated bank locally...BBVA Compass.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no cons
Poor company to work for
Teller (Former Employee) –  San angelo, TexasApril 13, 2013
Management does not care about employees. The pay is very low. Not a very happy work environment.
I enjoy working at Texas State Bank
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, txApril 1, 2013
I have worked for texas Bank going on 10 years. The years that I have been here they have been good to me.
Pros
insurance vacation
Cons
lack of pay
Very fun place to work with high community values
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJune 21, 2013
When Texas State Bank was still in business, it was the best place to work, great place to advance
Cons
bought out by bbva compass
Very quiet place
Records Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mission, TxOctober 9, 2013
Good invironment,we always worked as a team.We would also have monthly birthday breakfast.
Good place to work in.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXApril 3, 2012
I loved it there. I am very family oriented and the job let me spend more time with them.

4.5