Texas State Low Cost Insurance

Texas State Low Cost Insurance Employee Reviews

Overworked and very little pay
Agent (Current Employee), Austin TxFebruary 25, 2015
The company would be great if the managers knew what they where doing. The company is very unorganized and the pay is not the pay that you should be getting due to the amount of work that you are required to do. You are by yourself handling multiple clients in the office as well as on the phone. They roll out a product every other month but are not trained so when you need help you have to go threw multiple people to get the correct answer. Also the job doesn't offer sick hours are vacation times and the benefits are horrible. Once they get you in the office they promise all these incentives that never end up on your check. As for overtime they don't like paying it and they have a hr lady that will tell you some way they are processing payroll but it's all just a way to confuse you and it doesn't make sense at all. Overall it is not a good place to work at if they have better management and paid better it would be a decent place to work but for the most part I don't recommend this job at all.
Productive and fun.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Desoto TXJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: lunch catered by manager
Cons: time away out of the office
Enjoyed my tenure as it was exciting and something new. Closure of several locations in the Dallas/Ft Worth area. Receiving inbound calls and making outbound dials as reminders of auto insurance premium payment due date. Posting payments. Process new business. Verified previous auto coverage. Outside marketing by visiting local car dealerships and other businesses. Enjoyed most the interaction with people.
Growing Company but has issues
Regional Team Leader (Former Employee), TravelledJanuary 2, 2015
They started as a family business, and then continually became a bad company when they went corporate. They were not fair to their agents in the field. Took benefits, with barely a two week notice. They would change the way they paid bonuses without any notice, or if there was notice it would be from a week to two week notice. They lied to the customers, and made the agents do this. They were not prompt on claim pay outs. It just really was not the type of organization I wanted to continue to be a part of.
Friendly Environment
Customer Service (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXMay 1, 2014
Opening office handling all calls no breaks or lunch breaks was the hardest part. I enjoyed the one on one with customers except when we would have to call to home office and could not get the assistance in a tuimely manner.
Satisfied
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Weatherford, TXJanuary 26, 2013
TSLCI was a good company to work for as far as values and culture go, however I worked alone in a "stand alone" office therefore if I were ever sick the location would not open. At TSLCI there wasn't any managerial openings or pay increase opportunities.
Texas State Low Cost Insurance
Regional Supervisor (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 28, 2012
This position was exceptional for meeting new people from different walks of life. I oversaw three different regions in 6 months. I traveled everyday to different corners of the state of Texas.

The experience was exceptional but the senior management was still finding its' way through business decisions. This made it difficult to adapt to the correct business model for success.

Texas State Low Cost Insurance Salaries