Texas State Optical

Texas State Optical Employer Reviews

Small practice with great customer service.
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee), Georgetown, TXDecember 2, 2014
Pros: great work hours
Cons: no benefits for employees.
A typical day for me in the office would consist of me handling all customer service check ins and outs. Handling cash flow and orders for customers. I also assisted in getting customers ready for their vision exams, while working in direct contact with the Doctor.
productive
Customer Service (Former Employee), houston,txOctober 25, 2014
Pros: lunch
Cons: no braks
sales, adjust glass, insurance verification, helping others
Worked well with my co-workers
Optician/Drs' Assistant (Former Employee), Early, TXOctober 6, 2014
Pros: laid back environment around nice people
Cons: insurance was expensive and did not provide dental
A typical day consisted of assisting patients with his/her eye care needs. I learned patience and how to be empathetic. Management was always willing to address concerns within the work place environment. My co-workers did a good job working as a team for our patients. The difficulty of this job was very minimal and the most enjoyable part was being – more... around my co-workers – less
A great place to work!
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Stephenville, TXSeptember 15, 2014
I fit frames with lenses and made sunglasses. A nice place to work.
Tso
Optician (Current Employee), Humble, TXSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: doctor gives us bonuses if we hit a quota for him, and he also feed us.
Cons: n/a
I have learned alot working at texas state optical, the doctor has being working there for years. My co workers are also all very pleasant to work with. The best part about my job is helping others to see and also feel good.
it was at one time the best place to work
Optician Assistant (Former Employee), Early, TXJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: the doctor is awsome
Cons: the office drama
as long as you did your job and got your work done then you could pick, joke and play
Fun place to work, lack of growth
Retail Supervisor (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 11, 2013
Patients communicating about frames and lenses as well as contacts.
Excellent Workplace and Mangement
Sales Optician (Former Employee), Friendswood, TXAugust 14, 2013
• Provide sales support and implement a system to improve customer service as well as manage staff schedules to ensure proper department coverage
• Design training and deliver coaching to staff to be able to deliver patient education information regarding their vision prescription options
• Maintain emphasis on profitable operations, standards of quality, – more... and honesty
• Negotiate pricing on new lab equipment while maintaining current equipment is calibrated – less
It was a great place to work. I enjoyed my years there
mgr (Former Employee), Brenham, TXJuly 3, 2013
Pros: the fact that we had vacation, sick time, profit sharing, and the freedom to leave if we needed to
Cons: no health insurance
I worked five days a week from 8:30 till 5:30 daily. I loved my job i started out as a doctors assistance and then was promoted to office mgr. which i held until previous doctor retired and business was sold. I appreciated my employees so much , they helped me reach my full potential as a office mgr. The most enjoyable part of my job was able to met – more... our patients needs when they came into our office. – less
tso
Eyewear Specialist/Doctors Assistant (Former Employee), Baytown, TXJune 12, 2013
Responsibilities included maintaining accuracy of customer files, answering a four line phone system, setting appointments for visits and consultations, insurance verification, filing on medical and vision insurance, being familiar with ICD-9 codes and Diagnostic codes, preparing patients for an exam by running a manual auto-refractor, non-contact tonometer, – more... frequency doubling vision field, and checking acuities, teaching new patients how to wear and take proper care of contact lens, providing extensive customer service, general office maintenance, ordering contact lens, keeping inventory of trial lens and frames, collecting cash and credit card payments from patients, adjustments, frame selection, and lens material selection, auditing and closing of register as well as other assigned duties. – less
Fun and interesting place to work
Optician (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAMay 28, 2013
My day consisted of making appointments and selling and fitting eyewear. Customer service was a big part of the job which I found enjoyable.
TSO
Receptionist/Tech (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXMay 19, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: n/a
A day at the office very little work to do. The office is very neat clean co workers are great but there is no team players the office is very every man for themselves.
Receptionist
Front desk Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 2, 2013
Answering phones, scheduling appointments interacting with patients.
Free eye exams for employees
Optical Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), houston, texasFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: free exams
Cons: getting cheated on your pay check.
The company over work and under paid. You work 90+ hours a week and only get paid for 80 hours.
Great place to be in.
Intern Receptionist (Current Employee), Cypress, TXJanuary 30, 2013
It's a fast pased environment with great staff and an enjoyable place to be.
good place to work
Medical Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 7, 2012
TSO is a good place to work. I love working with the public and communicating about their reasons why they are at the doctor. I love helping them with their concerns and when they leave make sure they have a smile on their face.
Great place to work.
Receptionist (Former Employee), Nederland, TXAugust 3, 2012
I answered phones, scheduled patients, and verified insurance. This was a nice place to work, but I got a call from previous employer that wanted me back. I went back because I enjoyed the more interaction with the patients.
A good experience.
Cashier/Receptionist (Former Employee), Houston,TXJuly 18, 2012
Pros: xmas bonus
Cons: having to leave
Enjoyed greeting the patients and working with the doctor and staff.
Productive and fun workplace with a great staff
Optician (Current Employee), Pearland, TXMay 18, 2012
Pros: hour lunches, off on sundays, close early on saturdays
Cons: no healthcare benefits
I've worked here for 9 years now, and I couldn't ask for a better office to work at. It can get a bit hectic at times, but most jobs do. I've learned so much in this particular field such as medical terminology, reading prescriptions, and conducting the basic preliminary examinations designed for the office.

About Texas State Optical

Texas State Optical was established in 1936 when the Rogers family opened the first TSO office in Beaumont, Texas. Our founders – Read more