Texas State Technical College

Texas State Technical College Employee Reviews

HVAC LabTraining
TSTC HVAC lab training and Refrigeration (Former Employee), Richmond, TXJune 30, 2015
Pros: Learn everything you need to know before you go in the field
Cons: no cons
Here in TSTC we learn how to install, troubleshoot, and remove and add the right refrigerant, learn how the HVAC systems work , heat pumps, electric heat, and gas heaters are also taught including ice machines refrigerators.
Great working environment
Secretary/Receptionist (Current Employee), Harlingen, TXJune 8, 2015
LOVE LOVE LOVE it here!!!!!! Great people, great benefits, all around amazing place to work! If I could work here forever I would.
It is a very enjoyable workplace with exciting new things to do, every day.
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Harlingen, TXMay 22, 2015
Pros: There was always some social events.
Cons: The social events were high in calories, but good for the communication of all departments.
I would work with the instructors and staff to help them with any projects. Cleaning the copiers and computers, when they needed to be cleared of any viruses or delete any software applications. I was very independent and had to take apart the copiers, for inspections. There was a time when the laminator was not working correctly and it was getting the covers stuck, so I took it apart and found out that the wheel inside had fallen off.
My supervisor and the director of the Business Management Technology Department, were very generous. I had to take a break from school, so I was not able to – more... do the work study any longer, so they threw my a small party. It was great, but a sad time for some of us.
There was not anything that was too hard to do. I always found something to do in the building. One of the semester break they asked the financial aid department, if I could stay for the extra time. I had to work with two departments. The Education Department was the other department. They were so happy to have me there, because I was always eager to work and I helped them clean the computers in their lab. They had to replace a lot of the keyboards, because the letters were missing or the key were gone.
I also worked with the students and did some of the paperwork.
I have been in management for many years, so I never needed to be supervised, with the work.
I learned how to be patient and I enjoyed the job very much. – less
Golf course helper
Student Worker (Former Employee), Waco, TXMay 3, 2015
I mainly helped and assisted golfers. I washed golf carts and did landscaping around the pro shop. I worked the cash register and other general office duties.
Education
Admissions Advisor/Recruiter (Current Employee), Waco, TXApril 20, 2015
Pros: Education
Cons: Salary
I love TSTC for what it can offer. I had a great career due to my education. I moved home for family reasons and the local job market doesnt seem to have high paying careers for people with an Associate Degree.
Educational,productive, and fun work place.
Library Clerk (Work-Study) (Current Employee), Harlingen, TXJanuary 23, 2015
The environment is very calm and fun at the same time because as an employee, the interaction with almost all the students on campus that daily go to the Learning Resource Center (TSTC-Library) makes this job hugely fun.
fun student worker job
T.S.T.C Student Worker-Mailroom (Current Employee), Waco, TXDecember 23, 2014
start by picking up mail at post office. then we would sort it all out by department and then go around the school delivering that days mail. while there pick up outgoing mail. go check on big trucks from ups and FedEx. learned how to run a stamp machine. my boss was really nice and know his stuff. been there over 30 years.
Great job, compensation on the low side
Instructor (Current Employee), Waco, TXNovember 25, 2014
Pros: great job and people to work with
Cons: compensation
Great place to work, pay is lacking for position and experience
great
Mustang Ambassador (Current Employee), Harlingen, TXOctober 9, 2014
Pros: tours, work experience, meeting new people
Cons: nothing really i liked it all
amazing loved it was a great place to work and the balance between school and work was great.
great advancements
STUDENT WORKER (Former Employee), Brownwood, TXSeptember 29, 2014
I enjoyed being a student helper. Meeting new people , learning new things, and being about to travel with the school was the best.
Very upbeat and positive work place
LVN, Nurse Assistant Instructor (Current Employee), Harlingen, TXJuly 30, 2014
Pros: i am very happy here..
Typical day at work: Come in and do theory & lab skills .. engaging students for their learning experiences... I have learned team work is awesome! .. My manager is strict but very approachable and does her job well.. My co-workers are like my family away from home... The most enjoyable part of my job is that I love coming to work everyday...
Productive and fun workplace
Peer Mentor (Current Employee), Harlingen, TXJuly 21, 2014
Pros: works with my school schedule
Cons: no healthcare or any other benefits
A typical day at work is to come in and see if there is any duties ready to do. Call or text my students to see how they are doing or reminding them of any up coming events. Remind them of any tutoring time-sheets they have to turn in. Also remind them of the consequences they have if they don't follow their responsibilities. I have learned a lot with the job. I have learned not to take any class or finance aid for granted. If any student falls below a 2.0 with have to go through this HATSS program. The hardest part of the job is connecting with our mentees. We need to break the ice in our first meeting and after that it's all easy. My most enjoyable part of my job is when I know that my student has past all their classes and pick up their GPA to a 2.0 or higher. I enjoy their achievement to get out of this program and be able to receive their finance aid once again. The other enjoyable part of my job is being with my co-workers. I enjoy their company, laughter and their help when needed.
College time
Student (Former Employee), Abilene, TXJuly 16, 2014
I watched my young sons during the day and went to school at night.
My wife would get home and take over. I studied every day and ended up getting a 4.0 with A.A.S degree.
skills
Student Worker (Former Employee), Waco, TxJune 30, 2014
learned all types of construction, from plumbing to roof work, and everything between.
Stay away
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Harlingen, TXJune 9, 2014
When you have a great supervisor you will love this job unfortunately the great supervisor running our department got changed and it went down hill from there.
TSTC is a great place to work at
Accounting Assistant II (Current Employee), Harlingen TexasJune 2, 2014
The people are great, they are willing to help each other at all times and the students are the number one goal of TSTC.
adverage work
Student Worker (Former Employee), Waco, TXJune 1, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: busy work
Typical grunt job. Made for students who's school schedule limits their availability. The staff was great and the work was varied. I loved working the events, but grew tired of registration periods.
Great Educational Institution
Associate Professor (Former Employee), Marshall, TXApril 18, 2014
Great experience but I enjoy the work field more than the educational feild
Productive and fun work place
G-Force Mentor (Former Employee), Harlingen, TXApril 15, 2014
Texas State Technical College has a very friendly and relaxed environment. I worked there as a student and the were very accomodating to work around my school schedule.
Good
Management (Former Employee), Marshall, TXMarch 12, 2014
Pros: lots of activities for students and faculty
Cons: getting along with some people
A typical day was to ensure that students was happy. Ensure that students were able to get the materials needed for an education. Meet deadlines for state and federal statistical reports. Create activities for students and faculty to help support the curriculum. I learned that TSTC values their employees. Management was the hardest to understand especially some Deans. The hardest part of the job was evaluation time. The most enjoyable was working with the students and planning activities.

1 2 3