Texas State Technical College Employee Reviews

Loved what I did and helping people
Network Tech I (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 25, 2017
I loved what I did just needed more money and this is a poor state technical college. The manager was awesome and the people I worked with were awesome as well.
Meeting new people
Library Clerk (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXMay 5, 2017
TSTC is a great place to work at. The most enjoyable part of course is being able to help new students around the campus and being able to show prospective students the great programs available at TSTC.
TSTC- Health Services (Work Study)
(Work Study) Health Services (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXMay 4, 2017
It was an okay place to work at I learned many things to perform on students and basic customer service. The hardest part of my job was having a patient full of blood and I didn't know how to react to the situation as of now that I do know how to interact and keep calm. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning from the Medical Assistants how to vaccinate.
Pros
Breaks when needed
Cons
Short breaks
training
Safety Intern (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 19, 2017
an internship working with the school happened many years ago remembered had fun learning about safety going each campus building make sure everything was where its suppose to be
good expierence to get while obtaining eductation
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXMarch 15, 2017
Hardest part was looking after students who leave messes after projects. management was ok, most enjoyable part of the job and learned was the culinary background. I learned the ideas and work needed to obtain this degree.
Pros
learning experience
Cons
students wouldn't maintain kithchen cleaniness.
Work Environment is very poor
Associate (Current Employee) –  TXMarch 6, 2017
There is to much drama. They do not care about you or your well being if you do not make over $100,000 a year.
Some of the people are great depending where you are.
I have learned to trust no one. I have learned that no one will respect you here unless you bow down or be apart of the clicks.
Fun place to work
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXFebruary 28, 2017
Management was very helpful and friendly. Enjoyed co-workers. Workplace culture was safe. Hardest part of the job was working in the elements.
Pros
Hours and co-workers
Cons
compensation
Running higher education like a business will not work
Manager III (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXDecember 28, 2016
TSTC leadership is ruining the culture of the college for employees, destroying morale, and running off long time employees. Promises are made that are not fulfilled. Deceitful management are rewarded for padded results. And the good ole boy method of promotion and management is still prominent. Do not expect job security, development, or promotion unless you're willing to be a follower and keep your education and real world working knowledge to yourself.
Fun
Internship (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXDecember 12, 2016
Texas State Technical College was an amazing experience, while learning hands on about what you are exactly going to be working with when you graduate. The staff is willing to work with you to make sure you understand the problems you may be having. I couldn't have asked for better teachers than I had, they are amazing, and they made it fun for me to get up everyday and come to class.
Quality place to work
Instructor/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXNovember 15, 2016
TSTC is a wonderful experience in my learning abilities, I learned how to work with many people. Its faculty and staff were great.
Pros
Worked with many people
Cons
Lots of work had to be done at home, this was hard sometime
Good teaching and learning environment
CAD Instructor (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXOctober 19, 2016
I taught two courses and really enjoyed the experience. The employees were very helpful to get me started and the students were a pleasure to have in my class.
Pros
Good part-time pay
Cons
Allows workers space to work effectively and efficiently
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXOctober 6, 2016
As a Peer Tutor, we have to adjust our instruction and interaction with each and every students. Sometimes a group from a single class would come in for help, or to study. Other times, some students come in alone, and explain everything, or sometimes nothing about what they need help with.
Pros
Open and free work environment
Cons
No healthcare, part time
TSTC hires great people
Department Chair/Culinary Instructor (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXSeptember 29, 2016
I do not feel comfortable completing this at this time. You shouldn't require people to write reviews at places they still work for. This is our livelihood.
Slowly takes away your loyalty.
Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 28, 2016
Upper management doesn't know what it means to live paycheck to paycheck, especially considering pay is once a month.

No raises in 7+ years. Recognition for hard work equals a hot dog and a bag of chips.

The outward picture conveyed doesn't come close to the inward picture.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No communication throughout organization. Marketing dept seems very detached, not realizing our customers are our students.
Bad Management
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 4, 2016
Not good management, not caring about employees. Had difficult time relating to upper management. They often overlooked employee's potential. People were often overlooked for raises and promotions
Texas State Technical College
Clerk I (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXAugust 14, 2016
It is a good place to work. My Co-Workers were awesome. TSTC is a great place but becoming a single accredited school was very stressful. But TSTC was a great place to work otherwise.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
management needs improvement
Too much Insecurity-Finacial condition bad
Instructor (Current Employee) –  TSTCJuly 9, 2016
There is too much job insecurity. Instructors are having too much load. There is hardly any time to prepare lecture, checking assignments or professional development. TSTC is in a very bad financial condition. All the Division Directors, Lead Instructors have been demoted to instructor. Wages have been reduced.
Texas State Technical College
Mentor (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXJune 28, 2016
As a student mentor I provided fellow students with valuable information about the college and their academic options. I also directed them to resources that could help them and provided tutoring for them as needed. I enjoyed helping these students achieve their goals.
Enjoyable
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXJune 22, 2016
I had a good experience overall. I was able to use my skills and improve on my knowledge in the office environment, this allowed me to be better at my jobs.
Cons
Temporary
easy place to work at
Clerk 1 (Current Employee) –  Harlingen, TXMay 19, 2016
supervise children, mentor them and coach them, co workers are great they work with you and help alot, there is no hard part of the job
Pros
great co workers
Cons
breaks are alright

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texas State Technical College. Our community is ready to answer.